/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Stories of the prophets

Openminded88
01-24-2016, 11:13 AM
Hey Ladies and Gents :)

just sy wondering if anyone knows where I can access the stories of the 25 prophets. Someone suggested I read them and I cannot find an online copy!

any help would be great fully received :)

many thanks

lynz

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
01-24-2016, 01:57 PM
Click here Stories of the Prophets by Ibn Kathir (pdf).

Openminded88
01-24-2016, 02:38 PM
You our are a star! Thank you! I found one site but there were only 12 prophets mentioned so I must have been missing some! Thank you again! x

Insaanah
02-25-2016, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Openminded88
just sy wondering if anyone knows where I can access the stories of the 25 prophets. Someone suggested I read them and I cannot find an online copy!
Greetings Lynz,

There's a 90 page booklet (big font, so reasonably quick to read) called The Prophets Appointed By Allah, and it's compiled by Umm Muhammad, and produced in collaboration with Saheeh International. Apparently, it's been in print since 1992. This edition is published by Dar Abul-Qasim, in 2014 in Jeddah.

The back cover says, "These concise stories about prophets mentioned in the Qur'an point out lessons to be learned from the experience of former generations. They have been carefully researched to avoid unverified information and will be enjoyed by all groups."

The foreward says that "the Qur'an does not relate these stories to entertain, nor is it a history book. Rather, the stories are related to teach, to warn about the repetition of past mistakes, and to illustrate examples of pious behaviour which lead to the pleasure of Allah." The stories also "represent the history of da'wah (invitation to the way of Allah) generation after generation. The essence of Allah's message related through all the prophets was: "O people, worship Allah. you have no other deity but Him. Except He Who created you, there is nothing worthy of worship; not stone idols, fire, heavenly bodies such as sun or moon, angels or other men - even prophets, for all of these are His creations."

They also "represent examples of strong faith of those chosen by Allah - examples to be followed by believers. When the Qur'an omits certain details, it is only because they add nothing to the intended lesson and therefore are of no importance. As Muslims, we do not rely on tales from the Jewish traditions (Israeeliyyaat) as their authenticity is questionable. Therefore all documentation in this book is based on Qur'an and hadeeth.

The purposes for relating these stories are several: firstly, to clarify the Islamic version (what is taken only from the Qur'an and the sunnah); secondly to understand the moral behind them, ... and the repercussioin of disbelief and tyranny, and finally to take examples of faith and righteous behaviour to apply to our own lives.
It has chapters on 22 prophets, and explains that as prophets Idrees, Ilyasa' and Dhu'l Kifl just have their names mentioned in the Qur'an, therefore the stories of their lives are either not related in the book, or not given separate chapters.

I cannot find the text online, it seems only available to purchase, but is a good read, and seems authentic.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.