/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A reoccurring scene

Ali Hammuda
01-24-2016, 02:19 PM
An individual who was previously poor but after wealth is attained, he turns against the very person who’d stood besides him during his poverty.

A student who was previously ignorant but after "knowledge" is attained, the first he looks down upon is his teacher.

A teenager who’d spent years under the care and expenditure of his/her parents but the moment s/he attains “maturity” and independence, the first to feel the full force of their wrath is their parents.

Is this fair?

Just as one poet once complained:
أعلمه الرماية كل يـــــومٍ ** فلمّا أشتد ساعده رماني
وكم علمته نظم القوافي ** فلمّا قال قافيةٍ هجـــانـي

“I used to teach him archery every day but when his arms became strong, he launched an arrow at me. And how many hours did I spend teaching him poetry, but when he uttered a couplet, he insulted me”

The noble one never forgets his indebtedness to the people of virtue.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
01-24-2016, 02:29 PM
IRL it rarely works that way, I once worked in an office and while the team manager was away there was a vacant position I applied for on another team..

They gave me the job and I sat opposite my new team awaiting the arrival of my boss.

...he returned and I explained to him that I had got the position and was willing to stay under him if he thought I was not ready for the new job.

..he said that he would not be renewing my contract and I had the dubious honour of being promoted and sacked within six months.

Time is precious and if you abuse mine at least understand you have done.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

Never did chase the car...

Should have cost two years, seven years later I can't even imagine it.. Lol

If you think that sucks, don't let me tell you about the time I was almost a pharmacist.

Or being robbed as a child.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.