/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Having a hard time with fajr:(

ReboundMuslimah
01-24-2016, 07:33 PM
I have a really hard time waking up for fajr. I alway have the intention of waking up but when it reaches fajr and my alarms go off i get annoyed and turn off my phone. I have a lot of prayer apps so it's a pain turning them all off. Alhamduliah there are times I wake up and pray fajr but most of the time I don't. I always wake up around Duhur time and make up for it than- Is this permissible?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
01-24-2016, 09:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
I have a really hard time waking up for fajr. I alway have the intention of waking up but when it reaches fajr and my alarms go off i get annoyed and turn off my phone. I have a lot of prayer apps so it's a pain turning them all off. Alhamduliah there are times I wake up and pray fajr but most of the time I don't. I always wake up around Duhur time and make up for it than- Is this permissible?
when do u sleep ?? ^o)

hisnameiszzz
01-24-2016, 09:42 PM
Hiya,

Not sure about permissible and that, I am not qualified. But when I used to go to the Mosque, a lot of men come early before Zohar and pray their Fajar, that's old folk and young folk also. It has to be before a certain time though, it says in the timetable but I can't remember off the top of my head what it is called. They do the same for Asar, come early before Maghrib and then pray both. I am not saying you should also do this, but it does happen.

At least you are making an effort and that should be commended. Well done and good luck to you.

ReboundMuslimah
01-24-2016, 09:44 PM
I usually sleep around 1 or 2am.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
01-24-2016, 09:48 PM
sleep 9pm :shade:

ReboundMuslimah
01-24-2016, 09:50 PM
I tried but I just can't seem to fall a sleep because I'm not used to sleeping at that time.

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 12:39 AM
:sl:

What kind of alarm do you have? Maybe you should get those creative funky ones :D.

There's ones that make you do arm exercises 30 times before it stops. Other ones which include flying helicopters...

Oh and there's this one :O.

This will shred your real money if you don't wake up! So losing a £20 note... Imagine.

ReboundMuslimah
01-25-2016, 12:47 AM
I have the Never miss Fajr app and it makes you do trivia's and shake the phone 20-times and all kind of stuff if you want to turn it off. The problem with me is I just turn off the whole phone:(

I'm broke so the second one isn't for me.

ardianto
01-25-2016, 12:49 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
sleep 9pm :shade:
It's hard for 'forumers' to sleep at 9pm.

Now is after midnight in UK, but seem like few people at there are still awake. :p

azc
01-25-2016, 01:49 AM
Before you sleep, drink half glass of water.

greenhill
01-25-2016, 02:23 AM
The only way is to force yourself up after hearing the alarm. There is no other way. Only YOU can DO it. No one can help you in that.

At least you hear the alarm. ... the next step is to discipline yourself to actually get up and do it.

:peace:

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 03:56 AM
I have the Never miss Fajr app and it makes you do trivia's and shake the phone 20-times and all kind of stuff if you want to turn it off. The problem with me is I just turn off the whole phone:(

I'm broke so the second one isn't for me.
Have you tried all the tips on here?

Wonderful infographic :ma::

Muslim Woman
01-25-2016, 07:47 AM

Muslim Woman
01-25-2016, 07:55 AM

sister herb
01-25-2016, 01:24 PM
If you are not accustomed to go to bed early, change your habits slowly. First go to bed 15 minutes earlier, and when it begins to feel normal, go for 15 minutes earlier again. In a few months you go to bed much earlier.

Kiro
01-25-2016, 06:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim Woman

Yes go to sleep early but also, please make dua to wake up and get up for Fajr. :)

ReboundMuslimah
01-25-2016, 06:29 PM
I failed again:(

I even made wudu before going to sleep but I still managed to turn off my phone when the athan went off. I tried getting up but I just couldn't, but instead of getting up at Duhur time I got up around 10 today and prayed fajr- is that still ok?

BilalKid
01-26-2016, 12:26 AM
I tried getting up but I just couldn't
try glass water next 2 bed :shade:

aflawedbeing
01-26-2016, 12:35 AM
Ummm, if you're waking up a Dhuhr time maybe you need to be going to bed earlier?

I mean, 10 is even a very late time to wake up anyway.
I think your lifestyle really needs rejigging.

Mashura
01-26-2016, 05:22 AM
How do you wake up for fajr?

And I don’t mean wake up1 for a day or two, but how do you keep waking up for fajr, constantly, everyday, without fail.There’s loads & loads of websites online giving you tips and advice on how to wake up early. But our focus is not on worldly tips (which should be taken by all means, part of tying the camel ;)), our focus is on the spiritual means.My dear brothers/sisters, every day when you read Surat Al-Fatiha, at least 17 times a day, you recite the verse “You Alone we Worship, and You Alone we Seek Help from”: You want to worship Allah? “Yes!” You need His help then. You want to wake up for Fajr? “Yes please!” Guess what, you need Allah. You cannot, I repeat, cannot, wake up for fajr without Allah’s help. Now ask yourself the question, what can I do to show Allah that I truly and utterly want to wake up for fajr?!Have you ever had days when you’re about to go to sleep, and you have this deep feeling that you’ll definitely wake up for fajr? And have you ever had days when you know for certain that you’ll oversleep? Imagine the two scenarios, which I’m sure some of us have gone through:Scenario 1:

You feel high with Eman, you’ve prayed your witr, read some Quran, and even though you’ve got 2 hours to sleep till fajr, you’re certain you’ll wake up because you’ve set your mind, heart and body to make sure you wake up. In fact, sometimes you keep on waking in the middle of the night thinking it’s fajr time out of fear that you’re going to miss it. If you haven’t experienced this, think of a time when you had to catch an early flight or a bus/train, and think of how your mind, heart and body were switched on, and it doesn’t matter what time you slept, you’ll wake up.Scenario 2:

There are days when deep down you really don’t want to wake up, you hope that you “oversleep” so you feel less guilty about it, and Allah may have mercy upon you and still wake you up, and that’s when the battle with the snooze alarm starts and the classic shaytaan trick “just 5 more minutes…” begins.How do we maintain scenario 1 everyday?With these 2 scenarios, one details a feeling deep down inside that you’re definitely waking up, and another where you know you won’t wake up because deep down inside you don’t want to and you’re not ready to take the fight against shaytaan of waking up in the morning.Below I detail some practical and spiritual tools, that will help you in achieving scenario 1 all the time inshaAllah:Spiritual Tools

• Know who Allah is: This is the key and number one tool to waking up for Fajr. If you know Who you’re worshipping, and you know that He requests that you get up in the morning and pray to Him, you’ll wake up. It’s our lack of understanding of who Allah is that makes us slump into scenario 2 all the time. Know your Lord, that’s key.
  • Sincerity: Be sincere about waking up for fajr, don’t just say to yourself: “InshaAllah, it’ll be nice if I wake up for fajr” be sincere about it, and say: “I will wake up for fajr” I find it useful sometimes to talk to myself about it before going to sleep and say: “I will wake up for fajr, i don’t care how, but I’ll definitely will!”
  • Wudu before sleep: Ibn Abbas reported that Allah’s Messenger said: “Purify these bodies and Allah will purify you, for there is no slave who goes to sleep in a state of purity but an Angel spends the night with him, and every time he turns over, [the Angel] says, ‘O Allah! Forgive Your slave, for he went to bed in a state of purity.” Do you think that such a person would be left to oversleep and miss fajr?
  • Witr Prayer + Dua: Make sure you don’t sleep before performing your witr prayer, and supplicate to Allah during your Witr prayer to help you wake up for Fajr, remember, “You Alone we Worship, and You Alone we Seek help from”
  • Read some Quran: Ending the day with verses of the Noble Quran will sure put your focus straight on waking up for salaat. Prophet Muhammad used to recommend that we recite Surat Al-Sajdah, and Surat Al-Mulk (Chapters 32 and 67) before going to sleep.
  • Remember Allah before you go to Sleep: This is part of the first point I made, and you can find all the supplications you need to recite before going to sleep here. You might need to print them off and read them off paper at first, but within a week or two you should be able to memorize them fully and just recite them before dozing off.
  • Remember the rewards attached to Fajr Salaat: from being safe from being a hypocrite, to having light on the day of judgement, to being under Allah’s protection the whole day, to having laziness removed from us that day and being productive. Remember these rewards and you’ll sure wake up.

Other tools I use that help me a lot:

Ask a friend/family member to wake you up: This is the number one rule for me to wake up. Get a family, friend, spouse to wake up, and help each other, if you get up before them, don’t be selfish and make sure they are awake too.
  • 1.5 hours sleep rule: Aaaah.. here’s a secret trick, there’s a theory in the Sleep science that says that every human being completes an entire sleep cycle in 1.5 hours, therefore, if you can wake up at the end of a multiple of 1.5 hours (e.g. 1.5 hours, or 3 hours, or 4.5 hours..etc) you’ll wake up fresh and rejuvenated. Otherwise, you’ll wake up lazy. So if fajr is at 5am, and you sleep at 12am, make sure you set your alarm at 4.30am, because that gives you 4.5 hours to sleep. (Of course, if you take 1/2 an hour to fall to sleep, you might need to add that into your calculation).
  • Nap in the afternoon: Another lifehack, taken from the Sunnah and recommended by many, make sure you nap in the afternoon, for just 20 minutes! yup, just 20 minutes. Trust me, for the past 3 years, I’ve mastered the 20 min nap, and everytime it never fails to rejuvenate me. If you need to train yourself to nap for that long, I highly recommend www.pzizz.com, a wonderful software that trains you for these short naps, it’s what I used to train myself.
  • Promise yourself a grand breakfast if you wake up for Fajr: I’m a breakfast guy, so if I wake up early, I sure like to have a big breakfast. Sometimes i look forward to my breakfast from the afternoon before, and just like a small reward, treat yourself to a massive breakfast in the morning. It’ll definitely set your day straight as well inshaAllah.

Click to read more: http://productivemuslim.com/how-to-w...#ixzz3yKClA5c8
Follow us: @AbuProductive on Twitter | ProductiveMuslim on Facebook

Mashura
01-26-2016, 05:22 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mmeg1k8wy1I

Mashura
01-26-2016, 05:27 AM
Dreamchaser fix your relationship with Allaah.... from the time you wake up please do sincere astaghfar and continuously and keep asking Allaah for help.

Mashura
01-26-2016, 05:31 AM
One man asked shaykh " Yaa Shaikh my children have very deep sleep I am not able to wake them up for Salatul Fajr, what should I do"?
Shaykh replied " If your house catch fire during night what will you do "?
The man said " I will wake them up"
Shaykh asked " How will you manage while they have a very deep sleep "?
Man answered " I will do anything even if I have to pull them out of house"
Shaykh said " If you can do that to protect them from worldly fire, why don't you do the same to protect them from the hellfire"?
- Daily Fawaid

Muslim Woman
01-26-2016, 07:24 AM

format_quote Originally Posted by Mashura
One man asked shaykh " Yaa Shaikh my children have very deep sleep I am not able to wake them up for Salatul Fajr, what should I do"?
Shaykh replied " If your house catch fire during night what will you do "?
The man said " I will wake them up"
Shaykh asked " How will you manage while they have a very deep sleep "?
Man answered " I will do anything even if I have to pull them out of house"
Shaykh said " If you can do that to protect them from worldly fire, why don't you do the same to protect them from the hellfire"?
- Daily Fawaid

Jazakillah khair sis for sharing it .

sister herb
01-26-2016, 07:43 AM
Changing your old habits doesn´t happen at one night. Give yourself time and congratulate yourself every times you have managed to wake up at the right time. You will manage with it, as we others too have managed. I too love to hang on forums at the at night and sleep looooooooong at mornings. :embarrass

ReboundMuslimah
01-26-2016, 12:06 PM
May Allah reward each and every single one of you. Alhamduliah I was able to drag myself out of bed today and pray. I got some really good feedback so again, thank you:)

Kiro
01-26-2016, 12:44 PM
How about instead of dragging yourself out of bed, roll yourself out of bed! Kamikaze style! Fajr soldier.

sister herb
01-26-2016, 12:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
How about instead of dragging yourself out of bed, roll yourself out of bed! Kamikaze style! Fajr soldier.
At the evening remember to put some pillows beside of your bed. It´s better pray without bruises than with them.

Kiro
01-26-2016, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
At the evening remember to put some pillows beside of your bed. It´s better pray without bruises than with them.

don't forget first aid and plasters too. jk

strivingobserver98
01-27-2016, 08:18 PM
May Allah reward each and every single one of you. Alhamduliah I was able to drag myself out of bed today and pray. I got some really good feedback so again, thank you:)
:ma: that's great news.

May Allah keep you steadfast in performing Fajr on time. Ameen.

Mashura
01-28-2016, 08:13 AM
wa iyyaki

The-Deist
01-28-2016, 09:47 AM
Just resest your sleeping by not sleeping for one night. Then exeecise and go to sleep early.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.