/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer times 3, Not 5 ?

Ali Liverpool
01-25-2016, 09:09 AM
Asalamu alaikum,

When I first read the Quran I understood that there are 3 specific PRAYER times mentioned in it, where it says (Aqeemu Asalaat).

However, I am not denying the 5 prayers as it is. I do pray 5 prayers a day, but at the 3 specific times because
the other verses Do Not say (Aqeemu Asalaat) but rather say (Sabih bi hamdihi) or so which is completely different (aqeemu-asalaat)

As the Salat in itself includes tasbeeh, but tasbeeh in itself can be done anytime without wudhu, qibla, niyah or anything and is not a form of salat

[Link removed]

Can you please explain your point of view or how you would understand the verses?

Thank you,
Jazzaka Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
01-25-2016, 01:06 PM
Your advised not to visit the sites of Quranist or munkireen e hadith.For your Q plz see following linkhttps://islamqa.info/en/1092

Insaanah
01-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Welcome to the forum Ali Liverpool.

Before going any further, may I please check something? Are you a new Muslim, or one that has recently started practising? And do you know that the two sources of legislation and guidance for our faith, are the Qur'an, and the sunnah of the Prophet :saws:, as persevered in the authentic hadeeth?

For your info, the link you posted above is not an authentic Islamic site.

One we know a bit more, then we can explain in the most effective way.

Thank you.

azc
01-25-2016, 01:12 PM
http://www.askimam.org/public/question_detail/19050

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
M.I.A.
01-25-2016, 02:33 PM
...I thought it was 4, at dawn at zuhr, magrib and part of the night.

But yeah 5 is pretty much solid.

greenhill
01-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Scattered throughout the Quran describes prayer like prostrate, rukuk, etc likewise times of prayers. I believe @M.I.A. there's also a mention of Asar, so that makes 5.

If I'm not mistaken, there is also a mention to guard the middle prayer, hence it cannot be an even number. It has to be an odd number of prayers, like 5.

Wishing you a great stay

:peace:

M.I.A.
01-25-2016, 04:17 PM
Lol cool, always good to know.

Thanks

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.