/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The difference between the two statements

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 06:05 PM
Many people when they read or hear/see something shocking or sad, they say:

لاَ حَوْلَ وَلاَ قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللَّهِ
Lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāh!

This is *incorrect*, as stated by Ibn Taymiyyah and many of the ‘Ulemā. When you hear something shocking, depressing, or worrying then the correct Qur’ānic reaction is:

إِنَّا لِلَّهِ وَإِنَّا إِلَيْهِ رَاجِعُونَ
Innā lillāhi wa innā ilayhi rāji‘ūn.

So the next time you hear something shocking, you now know what to say. And no, no-one needs to die first for you to say it.

PS: The statement “Lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāh” (which can roughly be translated as “There is no change that can be brought about, and there is no ability/power to do anything, except by Allah’s will”) is a statement of dhikr, a statement of strength, an affirmation of pure tawḥīd, and a statement of praise for Allāh jalla wa ‘alā when you wish to rightly attribute success, power and cause of victory to the Giver of Victory, Allah ‘azza wa jall. Try to use it correctly in this context as much as possible, bārakallāhu fīkum.

ALTERNATIVELY if all that didn’t make sense, just follow the photo below. Just another day whilst teaching..

By Abu Eesa

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
01-25-2016, 07:10 PM
I get the point lol..

....Although it's usually pointing down. :|

strivingobserver98
01-25-2016, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
I get the point lol..

....Although it's usually pointing down. :|
You mean the image?

Shaykh pointing up?

M.I.A.
01-25-2016, 07:16 PM
I sell cakes, most people point down lol.

Annoying as hell, especially when they lean over the counter to point them out.

....this one.

AaaahhhHhh.

Alhamdulillah.

...and milkshakes lol

I never get to put a finger up :(

Tough crowd

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
01-26-2016, 01:57 PM
I don't see what's wrong with it. Arabs say Masha'Allah in appreciation though it seems quite redundant and unnecessary, though you should praise Allah directly or say something like Allah willed such a great thing instead of Allah willed it. :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.