/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Niqabi Bride

Linkdeutscher
01-27-2016, 10:50 PM
What do you guys think? Not taking any risks. Even if the marriage is segregated everyone has a camera phone nowadays, snap and there you go, random women got pics of your future wife.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crookedrib
01-27-2016, 11:04 PM
Didn't you get enough replies on ummah? Worded the exact same too lol..

Just don't have a huge ceremony where you invite 100s of people. Keep it small and simple.

Linkdeutscher
01-28-2016, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
How are you going to prevent this after you're married? This is in the context of normal family/friend interactions.
No need for interactions.

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 08:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher
No need for interactions.
errmmm... No family interactions and no friends, you sure? I wonder how your wife would agree...

I think you should discuss the bride issue with your wife, and let her do it the way she wants.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza :)
02-04-2016, 09:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
errmmm... No family interactions and no friends, you sure? I wonder how your wife would agree...

I think you should discuss the bride issue with your wife, and let her do it the way she wants.
lol he hasn't even started looking :D

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 10:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hamza :)
lol he hasn't even started looking :D
Of course not, after all he'd never find a sufficiently ungrateful woman who'd completely break contact with the mother and father who the previous 20 years took care of her, hopefully. As they as ungrateful as a daughter --> ungrateful as a wife

Hamza :)
02-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Of course not, after all he'd never find a sufficiently ungrateful woman who'd completely break contact with the mother and father who the previous 20 years took care of her, hopefully. As they as ungrateful as a daughter --> ungrateful as a wife
You actually didn't get his point. He was talking about 'non-mehram' interaction as implied in the op.

Obviously parents aren't gonna take pics of their daughter and make them public.

Linkdeutscher
02-04-2016, 12:27 PM
Mother and father?

What?

sister herb
02-04-2016, 12:46 PM
What do you guys think? Not taking any risks. Even if the marriage is segregated everyone has a camera phone nowadays, snap and there you go, random women got pics of your future wife.
Not everyone of the world has a camera phone. You better looking for your future spouse from some country where camera phones are not so common.

Try this:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.CEL.SETS.P2

In Eritrea has the lowest amount of mobiles, only 6/100 person. And almost half of the population there are also Muslims.

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 01:24 PM
Mother and father?

What?
Didn't you say there is no need for normal family/friends interactions (post No. 4)? I thought you meant by this that there's no need for your wife to uphold her friendships and relations with her family after marriage, otherwise I apologize for misunderstanding.

Salaam :peace:

Linkdeutscher
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
Didn't you say there is no need for normal family/friends interactions (post No. 4)? I thought you meant by this that there's no need for your wife to uphold her friendships and relations with her family after marriage, otherwise I apologize for misunderstanding.

Salaam :peace:
I wasn't including her parents in there.

Linkdeutscher
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Not everyone of the world has a camera phone. You better looking for your future spouse from some country where camera phones are not so common.

Try this:

http://data.worldbank.org/indicator/IT.CEL.SETS.P2

In Eritrea has the lowest amount of mobiles, only 6/100 person. And almost half of the population there are also Muslims.
Sounds like a good idea...get married in Eritrea.

Thanks for the suggestion.

IbnAbdulHakim
02-04-2016, 09:31 PM
my sister wore a niqab and stayed in the corner of a small room outside of the main hall were people who wanted to see her had a chance to see her and give their blessings.

if you want you can do similar

MuslimahRo
02-06-2016, 05:17 AM
If you are this concerned, you could request guests not to bring cameras or share photos of the bride online or with males not closely related to her.

Linkdeutscher
02-14-2016, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IbnAbdulHakim
my sister wore a niqab and stayed in the corner of a small room outside of the main hall were people who wanted to see her had a chance to see her and give their blessings.

if you want you can do similar
Sounds cool.

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-16-2016, 10:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
Didn't you get enough replies on ummah? Worded the exact same too lol..

Just don't have a huge ceremony where you invite 100s of people. Keep it small and simple.
was just thinking the same, but same reply there as I'll make here.

Bro, this is your future wife's big day, the day she's been dreaming off since she was a little girl, she does not want to be worrying about getting food on her niqab, or stressing about that when she is getting married.

also to be blunt, tell sisters upfront this is your intention, because I am sure for many this will be a deal breaker, comes across as very controlling, too controlling.

azc
02-16-2016, 12:04 PM
in this situation nikah should be held in a simple way with limited gatherings of close relatives only

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.