/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The first man to fall

Ali Hammuda
01-29-2016, 06:08 PM
The Prophet PBUH once said,

كَيْفَ أنْعَمُ ! وَصَاحِبُ القَرْنِ قَدِ التَقَمَ القَرْنَ ، وَاسْتَمَعَ الإذْنَ مَتَى يُؤمَرُ بالنَّفْخِ فَيَنْفُخُ
“How can I enjoy myself whilst the angel of the horn has placed the horn to his mouth and is listening attentively, waiting to be given permission to blow!”

Then, on one Friday, permission is finally given to him.

A terrifying scream will rip through the universe. Nothing like this has ever been witnessed before, for this is a scream so mighty in power that human life, rather, everything within the heavens and earth is eradicated at once in preparation for the next phase.

The first to hear its sound will be a man who was, at the time, supplying water to his camels. Before he is even given an opportunity to inquire, he will collapse on his face, dead.

Portraying this, the Prophet PBUH said,

ثُمَّ يُنْفَخُ فِي الصُّورِ فَلَا يَسْمَعُهُ أَحَدٌ إِلَّا أَصْغَى لِيتًا وَرَفَعَ لِيتًا قَالَ وَأَوَّلُ مَنْ يَسْمَعُهُ رَجُلٌ يَلُوطُ حَوْضَ إِبِلِهِ قَالَ فَيَصْعَقُ وَيَصْعَقُ النَّاسُ
“Then the horn will be blown and all those who hear it will tilt their heads. The first one to hear it will be a person who was busy setting right the reservoir meant for supplying water to his camels. He will fall unconscious and humanity will also fall unconscious.” (Muslim)

In fact, in another tremendous narration, the prophet (PBUH) illustrates to what extent the blowing of the horn will be a surprise upon mankind, describing with mind-blowing detail what some will be doing at the time of its happening. He said,

وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدْ نَشَرَ الرَّجُلَانِ ثَوْبَهُمَا بَيْنَهُمَا فَلَا يَتَبَايَعَانِهِ وَلَا يَطْوِيَانِهِ وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدْ انْصَرَفَ الرَّجُلُ بِلَبَنِ لِقْحَتِهِ فَلَا يَطْعَمُهُ وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَهُوَ يَلِيطُ حَوْضَهُ فَلَا يَسْقِي فِيهِ وَلَتَقُومَنَّ السَّاعَةُ وَقَدْ رَفَعَ أَحَدُكُمْ أُكْلَتَهُ إِلَى فِيهِ فَلَا يَطْعَمُهَا
“The Hour shall arrive whilst two men have spread out their items of clothing for sale, but they will not complete the transaction nor will they fold the clothes.
The Hour shall arrive whilst a man had taken the milk of his camel, but will not taste it.
The Hour shall arrive whilst a man is repairing his reservoir of water, but will not be able to use it.
The Hour shall arrive whilst one of you had a morsel of food raised to his mouth .. but will not eat it.” (Bukhari)

The life-ending blast shall interrupt every activity and shall leave every endeavor unfulfilled. Just as Allah said,

فَلَا يَسْتَطِيعُونَ تَوْصِيَةً وَلَا إِلَى أَهْلِهِمْ يَرْجِعُونَ
“They won’t have the chance to make a bequest, nor will they be able to return to their families.” (Al-Qur'an)

O I wonder ..

Will we be amidst the miserable people who live to hear this scream?

Or would our souls have been taken away before that, along with the righteous slaves of Allah?

O Allah, make it the latter.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-31-2016, 03:49 PM
I'm speechless. Allah is our Protector. I only hope we reach to the open platform of tawbah while we can.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.