/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Novels for Young Muslims

fhmn63
01-30-2016, 08:23 AM
Assalamu alaikum,

In this generation children can be easily lured by the Western Media and by the wrong advices of their Imature friends..Our Children face two different cultures -One is the Islamic Culture we teach at home and the Other is the Western culture that contradict Islamic eachings which they absorb from their friends.As a Parent we cannot discuss each and everything with our child .So Many stuffs happen in School and College which our children can share only with their friends.As the friends they seek for advice are themselves Immature,they cannot really solve the Problem .In Such Scenario let us Introduce them with the Children who face similar struggle in their life and how they overcome them without compromising their Culture.Here are a list of Novels which are worth considering :

Review of Few Novels Here:

http://islamhashtag.com/islamic-novels-for-young-teens/

51iD7Lqu9TL SX310 BO1204203200 jpgresize 1?resize3122c499 -

Have You read Any?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
01-31-2016, 03:42 PM
We are not against Western cultures. Many of our brothers and sisters' are Western, alhamdulillah. Just saying let's use the right terms, western cultural practices that contradict Islamic teachings.

fhmn63
02-03-2016, 08:09 AM
Shukran for your Recomendation.Agree with you.

N.B: Edited.

Ummshareef
02-09-2016, 12:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by fhmn63
Have You read Any?
:wa:

:jz: and many thanks dear sister for posting this list. There are some lovely sounding books there. The only one that I have read is Naima B Roberts' Boy vs Girl, which sets out many of the struggles that you Asians living in the west have to face. One part I remember is when the boy is caned by the imam at madrassah for forgetting his surahs :cry:. Mashallah A good book to help teenagers realise that they are not alone as they try to make sense of their lives growing up between cultures.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hamzahqadri1
04-18-2016, 12:07 AM
Mashallah the above books are promising as I've 9 children books written from an Islamic point of view will be a big chage. Currently they read alot of the hard boy's.

hamzahqadri1
04-18-2016, 12:08 AM
Excuse the typoes. I pressed send without proof reading. Anyways Shukran for the book list.

Aisha
04-18-2016, 01:18 AM
I've read three novels from the list:

- Boy Vs Girl is fantastic and highly relevant for British teens. It explores difficult issues and is clear about what is right and wrong without compromising on Islamic values.
I enjoyed this so much that I went out and bought every other book I could find by Naima B. Roberts!

- If I Should Speak is an interesting one. Well-written and engaging, I've recommended it to others who've also enjoyed it. It does raise some pertinent questions about Muslim identity and what it means to different people. It's not a preachy book which should make it appealing to many!

- Isabella is one of my favourite books =) I read this one as a teen. I feel it helped me better understand and appreciate my faith. This was the book which made me want to find out more about Andalusia (Muslim Spain). I'd love to visit it one day inshaAllah...

Mornings in Jenin is on my (very long) to-read list.. InshaAllah I'll get to it eventually!

The Mullah one seems quite silly to me - is there a point to it? Seems like a badly thought out Pakistani version of chick lit. Won't be reading that one.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.