/* */

PDA

View Full Version : not wearing a burqa or scarf

respect
01-30-2016, 08:00 PM
If I am not wearing a burqa, or covering my head, does it mean I am disobeying Allah and I will go to hell for it, even if I offer salah, give zakaat, fast, do good deeds in life, help people, do not create fitna, do not make myself public property, know how to behave and respect? If I wear modest clothes but do not cover my head, do all these just get wiped out and ensure me the direct path to hell?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
01-30-2016, 09:02 PM
:bism:

Sister, any intention that goes against the will of God is spiritually incorrect and an incorrect intention or an incorrect understanding then results easily in incorrect action. If you do all of the things you have listed, that's absolutely wonderful, and maybe God will have mercy on you and admit you to Paradise. That is because Allah SWT has relayed in a hadith (prophetic tradition) through Prophet Muhammad :saws: sallalalahu alayhi wasallam (peace and blessings be upon him) that no human being is admitted to Paradise except through the mercy of God. Same way, if Allah SWT chooses to have us account for our worldly intention and worldly action not having been in alignment in the with divine will, we may face God's displeasure, but that displeasure still does not necessarily mean punishment as Allah SWT may yet choose to respond with mercy as Allah SubhanAllahwaTaala (Glorious and Exalted is He) has said in a hadith qudsi (sacred prophetic tradition): "My Mercy prevails over My Wrath." And in another hadith (prophetic tradition) which is a part of the larger hadith (prophetic tradition): "I will bestow mercy through you [Paradise] on whom I wish from among My slaves."

That said, this issue ultimately is not about not wearing the hijab as that's a side issue, which is an outward manifestation of a troubling complication of worldly will, but whether God is important enough for us to give up our desire of not wearing the hijab. For example, I would never have thought I'd ever wear the hijab because I was not raised in an environment in which I could even contemplate such an alien act, and it is also something with which I struggled with daily for some years before I finally decided to wear hijab. However, during the time I was struggling with this act, I would constantly pray for Allah SWT to give me the strength to be able to put on the hijab and not take the hijab off. Allah SWT answered my prayers Alhamdhullilah (praise, thanks and credit to Allah). For some things, sisters, instead of asking others whether we will be punished for a worldly intention or a worldly action since no one has knowledge of divine decision in the hereafter specific to us, we should instead reflect on our attitude and hearts and see how we can raise our spiritual consciousness higher to a point wherein we feel a love for God that transcends our desires and concerns. Because that higher spiritual consciousness will enable our will and selves to submit to God.

Sister, I do not attach any blame with you if you struggle with this issue as I too had struggled and therefore understand and sympathize with your question; that said, I know that you are stronger than your internal struggle with this issue and know that you can rise above this one day In-sha-Allah (God-willing). In the meantime, make the intention and try to pray for the strength and knowledge and conviction to enable you to accept this issue within the context of divine will; ask for forgiveness and strength in your struggle as I'd done the same. We human beings are sinners, sister, and our sins differ, and the issue is not about the sin but about whom we are sinning against, Allah SWT.

format_quote Originally Posted by respect
If I am not wearing a burqa, or covering my head, does it mean I am disobeying Allah and I will go to hell for it, even if I offer salah, give zakaat, fast, do good deeds in life, help people, do not create fitna, do not make myself public property, know how to behave and respect? If I wear modest clothes but do not cover my head, do all these just get wiped out and ensure me the direct path to hell?

Asiyah3
01-30-2016, 10:56 PM
If you don't dress according to Allah's commandments, you are sinning and disobeying him knowingly in this regard. Although nobody knows whether they will end up in Paradise or Hell, we do know that those who follow Allah's path and commandments end up in Paradise, and those who choose to follow satan's end up in Hell - as promised by God.

Ask God to help you dress according to His will, as surely He always answers. If you intend something from the bottom of your heart with the intention of pleasing your Creator, He will surely help you. All good will comes from Allah, so invoke Him for strength and to make it easy for you.

The hijab is beautiful, by following God's guidance with regards to our lifestyle, including clothing, it brings us closer to Him leading our souls to tranquility and happiness. Allah loves us more than our own mothers, and knows best how His creation should dress to prosper in the world He created.

Personally I know that Allah swt provided me with hair and a body. By dressing according to His Words, I strive to thank him for it.

Asiyah3
01-30-2016, 10:59 PM
By the way burqa, which means covering the whole face, including eyes, is not obligatory. Covering the hair, neck and ears, including the body of course, is. The clothes should not be tight, see-through, a color which attracts unwanted attention nor perfumed..

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ridwaan Ravat
01-31-2016, 03:38 AM
Assalamualykum.

Respected sister,

Your question is a very important one and the fact that you asked it is an indication that you are concerned and want to change.

For a women it is imperative that she leave the home covered. The hair of a women is the core of her beauty, hence needs to be covered at all times. Failure to do so will result in severe consequences.

Behaving modestly and decently does not absolve one of the obligation of having the hair covered.

If you are married guard and preserve your beauty for your husband only, if you not married guard it for you partner to be.

May Allah make it easy.

Request duaas

azc
01-31-2016, 04:30 AM
nevertheless, what stops you from wearing burqa or at least covering your head?

Saleem Khan
02-03-2016, 07:34 AM
Sister, it is important to understand that we must obey all the comands of Allah Ta'ala. We cannot pick and choose what we want to act upon. Being a Muslim means submitting ones self completely to the will of Allah Ta'ala. Whether we have to sacrifice our own desires or go against the times etc.

Sister, you cannot ask us if you are destined for the hell fire. Only Allah Ta'ala possess such knowledge. However we can tell you that if you are leaving your house without covering your beauty (hair and face) you are disobeying the command of Allah Ta'ala.
Alhamdulillah It seems from your question that you are practicing many aspects of Deen. Therefore introducing another portion of deen shouldn't be too difficult for you. If you feel it it is too difficult in todays time and you are afraid of what people will say then try to read some incidents of the lives of the Sahabah. After seeing how they sacrificed their lives and wealth for this Deen it will make it easier for us to make these small sacrifice. Some very good books:
1. Fazail A'amaal by Shaykh Zakaria
2. Hayatus Sahabah Shaykh Yususf kandehlawi
From my personal experience I have recommended these books to many people and they have been a means of their guidance. If you read then it will make many aspects of Deen alot easier.
Both have been translated into English and should be available free online.

May Allah grant us the correct understanding of this beautiful deen and the ability to carry our his commands and most importantly forgive us in the hereafter for our shortcomings.

Kiro
02-04-2016, 12:06 PM
Disobeying Allah is an act of kufr. Allah knows best.

Ummshareef
02-07-2016, 03:35 PM
:sl:

Sister, Allah :swt1: has commanded us to cover when we go out for good reason, so why would you want to take a chance by disobeying Him?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.