/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why is religious life boring?

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 01:20 PM
As the title says.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
01-31-2016, 01:26 PM
If you think that religious life is boring, you haven´t never spend it at all. It´s actually full of joy and light, like the dream would has came true.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 01:27 PM
Maybe.

sister herb
01-31-2016, 01:40 PM
After reading your last threads here I am not surprise about kind of feeling. You are jumping from belief to other and you feel frustrated with every of them and don´t know what is right and what is wrong, what´s suitable to you and what is the Gods plan for you.

Keeping looking.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
01-31-2016, 01:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
As the title says.
So, your interested in 'wild life'.

Umm Malik
01-31-2016, 03:14 PM
As the title says.
may allah guide you !!
la hawla wala quwwata illa billah
because everything took us to the best rank will be boring if we don't think more and more of it benefits
or because you don't want controle from any one even if it your god
if we try to live just for the things that doesn't make us boring
we won't do any good thing in our life
to be the first in my class i should revise
and if i don't think more of the benefits of this subject that i want to revise
... i will found it boring
this is the life
you should do more to get the best things ....
every good thing in life ... need to do more and if you don't strive to get your aim you will stop in the mild just because it hard or boring ?
this the devil don't want you to be good
firstly
he will make you boring
but if you strive him you won't feel this
don't obey this thinking
life is short
and one day
you will make sure if the religious life were boring or no
you will understand all this things ... but when ?? after it's too late

Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah. Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."
( 54 ) And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped.
( 55 ) And follow the best of what was revealed to you from your Lord before the punishment comes upon you suddenly while you do not perceive,
( 56 ) Lest a soul should say, "Oh [how great is] my regret over what I neglected in regard to Allah and that I was among the mockers."

( 57 ) Or [lest] it say, "If only Allah had guided me, I would have been among the righteous."
( 58 ) Or [lest] it say when it sees the punishment, "If only I had another turn so I could be among the doers of good."
( 59 ) But yes, there had come to you My verses, but you denied them and were arrogant, and you were among the disbelievers.
( 60 ) And on the Day of Resurrection you will see those who lied about Allah [with] their faces blackened. Is there not in Hell a residence for the arrogant?
( 61 ) And Allah will save those who feared Him by their attainment; no evil will touch them, nor will they grieve.
( 62 ) Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is, over all things, Disposer of affairs.
( 63 ) To Him belong the keys of the heavens and the earth. And they who disbelieve in the verses of Allah - it is those who are the losers.
( 64 ) Say, [O Muhammad], "Is it other than Allah that you order me to worship, O ignorant ones?"
( 65 ) And it was already revealed to you and to those before you that if you should associate [anything] with Allah, your work would surely become worthless, and you would surely be among the losers."
( 66 ) Rather, worship [only] Allah and be among the grateful.
( 67 ) They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him.

( 53 ) ۞ قُلْ يَا عِبَادِيَ الَّذِينَ أَسْرَفُوا عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ لَا تَقْنَطُوا مِن رَّحْمَةِ اللَّهِ ۚ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ جَمِيعًا ۚ إِنَّهُ هُوَ الْغَفُورُ الرَّحِيمُ
( 54 ) وَأَنِيبُوا إِلَىٰ رَبِّكُمْ وَأَسْلِمُوا لَهُ مِن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَكُمُ الْعَذَابُ ثُمَّ لَا تُنصَرُونَ
( 55 ) وَاتَّبِعُوا أَحْسَنَ مَا أُنزِلَ إِلَيْكُم مِّن رَّبِّكُم مِّن قَبْلِ أَن يَأْتِيَكُمُ الْعَذَابُ بَغْتَةً وَأَنتُمْ لَا تَشْعُرُونَ
( 56 ) أَن تَقُولَ نَفْسٌ يَا حَسْرَتَا عَلَىٰ مَا فَرَّطتُ فِي جَنبِ اللَّهِ وَإِن كُنتُ لَمِنَ السَّاخِرِينَ
( 57 ) أَوْ تَقُولَ لَوْ أَنَّ اللَّهَ هَدَانِي لَكُنتُ مِنَ الْمُتَّقِينَ
( 58 ) أَوْ تَقُولَ حِينَ تَرَى الْعَذَابَ لَوْ أَنَّ لِي كَرَّةً فَأَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُحْسِنِينَ
( 59 ) بَلَىٰ قَدْ جَاءَتْكَ آيَاتِي فَكَذَّبْتَ بِهَا وَاسْتَكْبَرْتَ وَكُنتَ مِنَ الْكَافِرِينَ
( 60 ) وَيَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ تَرَى الَّذِينَ كَذَبُوا عَلَى اللَّهِ وُجُوهُهُم مُّسْوَدَّةٌ ۚ أَلَيْسَ فِي جَهَنَّمَ مَثْوًى لِّلْمُتَكَبِّرِينَ
( 61 ) وَيُنَجِّي اللَّهُ الَّذِينَ اتَّقَوْا بِمَفَازَتِهِمْ لَا يَمَسُّهُمُ السُّوءُ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
( 62 ) اللَّهُ خَالِقُ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ ۖ وَهُوَ عَلَىٰ كُلِّ شَيْءٍ وَكِيلٌ
( 63 ) لَّهُ مَقَالِيدُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ۗ وَالَّذِينَ كَفَرُوا بِآيَاتِ اللَّهِ أُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْخَاسِرُونَ
( 64 ) قُلْ أَفَغَيْرَ اللَّهِ تَأْمُرُونِّي أَعْبُدُ أَيُّهَا الْجَاهِلُونَ
( 65 ) وَلَقَدْ أُوحِيَ إِلَيْكَ وَإِلَى الَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكَ لَئِنْ أَشْرَكْتَ لَيَحْبَطَنَّ عَمَلُكَ وَلَتَكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ
( 66 ) بَلِ اللَّهَ فَاعْبُدْ وَكُن مِّنَ الشَّاكِرِينَ
( 67 ) وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ

please don't let yourself to satan
may allah help you to do the best

LaSorcia
01-31-2016, 03:17 PM
I do not find religious life boring at all. Prayer and scripture reading are probably my favourite parts. With prayer, it's better than a conversation with a good friend. With scripture reading, you can find new gems in the same books/suras even after twenty years!

LaSorcia
01-31-2016, 03:24 PM
I guess I would also have to say that if you do find it boring, keep trying in spite of the boredom until your spiritual life matures and develops into a richer relationship with God. If a person just follows the outward rules of a religion, but neglects the inside, it probably won't be very fulfilling, except to one's pride.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 03:28 PM
I want to mix it up. Not fully committed. Of course I am still young. And it may change

Kiro
01-31-2016, 03:36 PM
I want to mix it up. Not fully committed. Of course I am still young. And it may change
You know. Religion is just sincere counselling, it's practising morals and making you as a person better. Allah is not asking you from much, pray five times a day and you spend the rest of the day how you want it. But if you say, all the 'fun things are haram', Allah just wants best for you. Like when you ignore a prescription from a doctor, there are plenty of fun things in the world that are halal. Drowning yourself in alcohol isn't the only way.

Umm Malik
01-31-2016, 03:50 PM
((Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity.))
((Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him it mean someone who died with associating others besides allah will not forgive them , but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly gone far astray.))
we all passed this period
i used to feel the religion boring
when i feel shame from allah
because i was just a muslim by name
without any relationship with allah
but when i repent and connect with him and start to do what allah tell me i found the peace in my life
we all may do sins
and the prophet muhammad said “All of the children of Adam are sinners, and the best of sinners are those who repent.”
to worship god and turn to him when you commit mistake is better to don't worship him at all without caring or even thinking ...
but don't lose life religious just because of the sins
may allah guide you

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 04:07 PM
Kiro I don't believe everything good is "haram". Alcoholism is bad so???

Kiro
01-31-2016, 04:09 PM
Kiro I don't believe everything good is "haram". Alcoholism is bad so???
It meant. You can live religiously but in a fun manner. You just have to be a well mannered person and you can still do plenty of fun stuff like traveling.

ardianto
01-31-2016, 04:59 PM
As the title says.
I know. I felt the same thing too when I was in your age. I felt religious life made me could not be myself because religious life was very regulated, very arranged. It made me sick, and I began to dream about freedom to live as what I wanted to live.

So I left salah, left fasting, stop recite Qur'an. And I started to do what I thought that was cool. Drinking alcohol, smoking cannabis, consuming drugs. I didn't care when my life was destroyed. I didn't care on what people said about me. I just want to be myself who was free to do what I wanted to do.

Was I happy?. In the beginning yes. But then I began to feel an emptiness in my heart. I felt uneasy. And I began to feel I wanted to return. So I started perform salah again, and I felt a serenity in my heart. Indeed, need time to stabilize myself. But finally I can feel happiness in religious life that I could not get from wild life.

I understand if you feel religious life is boring. Religious life is indeed boring if you feel forced to live in it. And you will start feel an urge to get a freedom. But I do not blame you. Indeed, one common mistake that made by religious leaders is forcing people to follow the religious rule without realize that people need a spiritual consciousness to understand why they need a religion.

Spritual emptiness. That's what made me felt unease. Spiritual consciousness. That's what made me back to Islam. Spritual consciousness made me understand why I need guidance of worship. That's why I back to Islam and did not choose to be Agnostic.

Does religious life made me lost the freedom. No. I still feel a freedom, I still can be myself. Even I feel great serenity when I perform salah, perform fasting. And I feel great happiness when I share what Allah has given to me with needy people. Spiritual serenity. This is what I get from religion. From Islam.

Young bro, I know that you are in period which you feel you want to get your own identity, you want to be yourself, and you need a freedom. I do not think you want to get a wild life like my life in the past. I know you just want to be free.

But one thing that I want to tell you. When you feel an emptiness in your heart, do not hesitate to return to Allah. His door always open for you.

:)

keiv
01-31-2016, 05:17 PM
In your opinion:

What, to you, are things that make a non-religious life fun?
What, to you, are things that make a religious life boring?

You may find out that the things you find fun are only band aids (temporary satisfaction) for a bigger problem in your life. It's hard to figure out what you mean without any description

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 05:51 PM
I will say I am mixed. I wanna connect to God and pray to him cuz he's my provider. I rely on him. Even tho I rely on people in a way, God put those people in my life. Yet on the other hand I wanna chill listen to music and what not.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 05:53 PM
Woah ardianto. I can relate to you in a way.

Kiro
01-31-2016, 06:16 PM
I will say I am mixed. I wanna connect to God and pray to him cuz he's my provider. I rely on him. Even tho I rely on people in a way, God put those people in my life. Yet on the other hand I wanna chill listen to music and what not.
You can still chill but you have to make some adjustments for the sake of God. Sacrifise for faith. But there are plenty of stuff to do 'to chill' :)

hisnameiszzz
01-31-2016, 07:43 PM
I don't think it's boring. When I used to have a faith, I sometimes wanted to rebel and do all the things I shouldn't have done but I never had the guts or courage to do all that.

I always thought there were too many rules and regulations: no drinking, no clubbing, no drugs, no smoking, no sleeping around. Basically, everything all my friends, both Muslim and non Muslim were doing. I sometimes wanted to follow in their footsteps but I never did.

Now I am glad I didn't. Where I work has confirmed that what I did was right. Most of my clients have major health issues due to excessive drinking / drugs / smoking. Their lives are ruined. I also see a lot of people who have slept around both in the past and the present. The result is children who only have one parent or children that end up complete "headcases" because they were put into care because the two people who had a fling were not capable of looking after this child or did not want to. Doing crazy "fun" things may end up ruining lives of others.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Why you no have guts? Smoking is just disgusting anyways.

Asiyah3
01-31-2016, 08:38 PM
I love every second of being near to God. Nope every millisecond of it. If you have ALlah, you have everything. If you have everything but you don't have Allah, you have nothing. Nearness to God is the only permanent happiness, all else is temporary - you smile while you are active in them (e.g. music), once you finish/lose it, you're sad again.

For example, if music is what makes a person happy. When his CD-player, mobile or internet connection is lost, he'll be sad again. Same applies to happiness derived from money, girls, alcohol etc.,

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 08:41 PM
I am happy even if I am not doing those things

Snow
01-31-2016, 08:59 PM
I've experienced both sides of life.
Being careless and so on is overrated and shallow.
It is fun for a while but pointless.

strivingobserver98
01-31-2016, 09:02 PM
Worship Allah :swt: and have fun ;).

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 09:43 PM
Shallow? Tell me more.

lonewolf007
01-31-2016, 09:44 PM
being religious is definitely not boring, we just make it difficult for ourselves and give into our nafs and most important thing to remember is that islam is prefect muslims are not, but we can try and strive as long as we're alive and breathing subhan'Allah

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 10:15 PM
BTW all of this is because of my experience of being committed/still listening to music.

M.I.A.
01-31-2016, 10:32 PM
Post music you listen to so we can em..not judge you..on every facet of your being..

Also get a life already!

Make some friends.

Sigh...

I used to have friends. :|

....committed to music o_o

I have no idea.

One direction?

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 10:57 PM
I meant I was committed (Going to masjid everyday reading Quran, studying hadith etc). I listen to Tupac mainly.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 10:58 PM
And what do you mean get a life? Haha, I know people in real life.

sister herb
01-31-2016, 11:06 PM
I am wondering how is this thread different from the earlier thread you made (I am agnostic now)? We are talking here about similar matters.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 11:08 PM
Not really. The thing is I used to be a committed muslim (minus listening to music). And I started to feel empty like crazy. Now I am happy again.

M.I.A.
01-31-2016, 11:16 PM
o_o

..and nobody ever made it out the hood ever after.

Well if that's your idea of a fun life then you have no idea what he was talking about.

Or alternately, it don't seem like fun if that's all you rap about...

And literally nobody made it out the hood ever.

Take heed.

But if you don't want food stamps and crack sales then maybe a different approach is needed.

Actually from a place where food stamps are a thing so I don't judge people..hate being patronising.

The-Deist
01-31-2016, 11:20 PM
M.I.A lol wut?

M.I.A.
01-31-2016, 11:26 PM
Nothing, I'm an Eminem fan.

ZeeshanParvez
01-31-2016, 11:33 PM
I find it so nice that I could never leave it in Shaa Allah. I have lived both lives and this one takes the cake by a long shot!

LaSorcia
01-31-2016, 11:36 PM
I don't know what the official position on music is in Islam, given that I'm a Christian. But I would ask myself, if I were you, are the lyrics in Tupac's song in any sort of agreement with the revelations in the Quran??? Swearing, negativity, violence- these are not good things to fill one's head with. Maybe you like the music but don't listen to the words, but the words still get into your brain anyway.

Anyway, in my scriptures there is a verse that says "what fellowship can light have with darkness"? I'm pretty certain the Quran says something similar, if in different words.

azc
02-01-2016, 03:58 AM
If someone doesn't die as a momin, he's in hell.And that life will never come to an end..........May Allah swt shower his mercy upon all of us. Ameen

The-Deist
02-01-2016, 04:23 AM
M.I.A I used to be too but Tupac's words have more meaning.

The-Deist
02-01-2016, 04:25 AM
LaSorcia I am sure some of his ideology disagrees with both major religions.

Umm Abed
02-01-2016, 07:54 AM
Music sows hypocrisy in the hearts, just as water causes things to grow; it comes in the Hadith.

azc
02-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Those who believe in hedonism can't understand Islamic teachings.

azc
02-01-2016, 01:23 PM
I am happy even if I am not doing those things
How long?

azc
02-01-2016, 01:29 PM
Not really. The thing is I used to be a committed muslim (minus listening to music). And I started to feel empty like crazy. Now I am happy again.
so, for the sake of music you left Islam?

The-Deist
02-01-2016, 01:50 PM
No??? What is hedonism. I can stay as happy as god wants me too

Kiro
02-01-2016, 01:52 PM
No??? What is hedonism. I can stay as happy as god wants me too
happiness doesn't you find the truth.

The-Deist
02-01-2016, 02:01 PM
Kiro off topic.

Kiro
02-01-2016, 02:04 PM
Kiro off topic.
Is it?

greenhill
02-01-2016, 03:27 PM
It is a matter of perspective, I believe.

I was educated Western concept, Colonial system, with religious subjects as an 'add on' totally not integrated into the mainstream subjects. After the class, all is back to secular lifestyle.

Going on to studies I majored in marketing. The ultimate Satan's weapon. Make everything a need. I totally bought it. .and was happy living the life as Satan would have wanted it.

Something changed. (I'll cut short here but not too short...)

It was not a thunderbolt or something drastic happening that started it but someone gave me a book about the prophets to read.

Then I started reading. I have always read, but not anything to do with my deen.

I absolutely love the stories of the prophets. They are all role models.

Getting back to the point, with the passage of time I learnt more. Not necessarily remembering everything, but the essence and fitted into the building blocks of knowledge. Hopefully wisdom follows with courage for action.

I had to go through a lot of conflict within myself, as I said, it was a complete 180 degree turn (not 360 because then I would be still heading the same direction:D) but the thing is, it was not that I was forced into this, nor did I suddenly decided to change my ways, but the journey indirectly 'unpicked' the stitches in the fabric of my 'educated' thought process, bit by bit.

Many years into that I came across Imran Hosein. The stitches unraveled. I was putting up futile attempt to keep my fabric together but the (then) shocking news sank in, finally. I was sick to the teeth. I have been so mislead. I have been manipulated via the sausage machine of this satanic world and made distracted from the right path. Sirotol mustaqeem.

The truth is there. Mostly unseen, hidden from our radar due to the noise and racket created for our distraction.

Now, that does not mean that I don't ever waste time. I do enjoy myself. But I remember to also fill other parts of my day with remembrance of Allah and do things (at times against my nature or ways I have been 'trained' to do), but realising the selfishness and the negative aspects makes it all 'light'.

Actually, when the picture fits, and it has for me, there is pleasure in accomplishing things which would have been not doable. It is very calming deep inside.

The angels thought we were doomed, we will create bloodshed and destruction. But we have mind and will. . . To fight temptations.

Listen to music, but after go back to the path.. don't stray too far..

:peace:

Pygoscelis
02-01-2016, 04:49 PM
Religious life is boring? How could that possibly be? If anything, I'd expect it to be very exciting, believing in magical beings etc. Boring is believing that what you see is what you get and there isn't anything more.

ardianto
02-01-2016, 06:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
Religious life is boring? How could that possibly be? If anything, I'd expect it to be very exciting, believing in magical beings etc. Boring is believing that what you see is what you get and there isn't anything more.
Boring is if we felt like in prison because we could not do what we think was right, and we must always do only what they told us to do. Some people from religious families indeed feel like this. I found it from statement of ex-religious person who turned into Atheist which she said since she became Atheist she has freedom to read any book that she want. She didn't talk about porn book.

It made me wonder because I don't feel barrier to read. I often read book about other religions, and also articles about Atheism that written by Atheist. But it does not make me want to convert to another religion or become Atheist. Since I was kid I have learned about evolution. That's why I do not reject theory of evolution. I also do not reject possibility of there are aliens in other planets.

Not every religious person just believe what he have to believe, like the universe created 6000 years ago. There are many of them try to find the answer of question that appear in their mind after they saw realities in life. But they still religious.

The-Deist
02-03-2016, 06:46 AM
Pygoscelis, I am fine with just believing in what I see.

azc
02-03-2016, 07:19 AM
Pygoscelis, I am fine with just believing in what I see.
then what is the point of this discussion. Stop it

keiv
02-03-2016, 03:25 PM
2 Muslim members liked this? Am I missing something???

Anyways, on the topic of music. Why not substitute music for something more meaningful. Part of my job requires me to drive from place to place on a daily basis so, for me, I substitute music with religious lectures, podcasts dealing with all kinds of subjects (political, social, school related, work related, etc), debates, and so on. These are tools that not only educate you but also help stimulate your mind by allowing you to think. I used to be a big music fan and even had Tupac albums. He created music about the world he saw and lived in. He was a great lyricist and imo spoke the truth about the many events going on. Some of his music had meaning to it but really, once you listen to his songs, it pretty much ends there. What more is there to listen to?

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 04:40 PM
So, I wonder what'll you do if an earthquake prevents you from listening to music, or an accident would cause your ears to become deaf (in fact about half of older people get sensorineural hearing loss called presbyacusis), or you are about to drown? or even better you reach your grave. May Allah protect you from every calamity but my point is how will music benefit you then?

The-Deist
02-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I already said I am not dependent on music

M.I.A.
02-03-2016, 07:30 PM
Lop the heads off a hundred horses and they send you to heaven on a pegasus.

The irony does not escape me.

The-Deist
02-03-2016, 07:32 PM
Ööö lol?????

M.I.A.
02-03-2016, 07:47 PM
Lol I usually come to LI to vent.. They filled the garage with mattresses.

BeTheChange
02-03-2016, 08:45 PM
I think this question is addressed by Allah swt.

The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception (a deceiving thing).
Also being bored refers to an individuals state of mind and mental stimulation.

If you are finding the religious life boring you need to spark your interest by developing a greater understanding of the deed, the origins, history and improve your connection with Allah swt.

One way you can do this is by learning Arabic.

Shaytaan is an expert in leading man astray so know your mental state of mind and find a solution to overcome the obstacles.

Pygoscelis
02-03-2016, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
For example, if music is what makes a person happy. When his CD-player, mobile or internet connection is lost, he'll be sad again. Same applies to happiness derived from money, girls, alcohol etc.,
Or sports, or painting, or pretty much anything really. None of that could compare with the awe that would flow from a God.

Even if you feel restricted and forbidden from doing certain things you otherwise may enjoy... I would think that the reason for that (believing an all powerful God type being demands it) would be endlessly fascinating and exciting. Could be so in an inspiring or terrifying way I suppose, depending on your particular viewpoint towards the God, but boring? I can't imagine that.

ardianto
02-03-2016, 10:02 PM
Even if you feel restricted and forbidden from doing certain things you otherwise may enjoy
I do not enjoy prohibition.But I accept it as a consequence of the choice that I made. Not different than if I choose to study in a school I must follow the school rules.

:)

sister herb
02-03-2016, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by keiv
2 Muslim members liked this? Am I missing something???

To me it was exiting that an atheist member found out that religious life might be exiting - but I also saw it´s natural that he calls it as "magical beings". I wouldn´t but it´s my own religious way to see those things.

;D

~ Sabr ~
03-15-2016, 03:30 PM
As the title says.
Says the person who has never experienced a religious life! :lol:

Serinity
03-15-2016, 04:20 PM
Religious life is awesome.

Get married, go travelling, workout, eat out, whatever. There are MANY more HALAL things than HARAM things. But we tend to look at the haram things, and focus on only that, and then we begin to think "Religion is harsh, everything is haram, very little things are halal, you can't have fun" etc.

But what is fun?! Is it drinking yourself to death, partying, committing Zina, getting STDs, etc? Is that how you wanna live life? free of worry?

But no, the bigger problem is perception, what is freedom anyway? Is it doing anything YOU want? Well, then, a bird's freedom is the sky, but it is restricted by the water? can we call that freedom? What about the fish? It can't live above water? We can't live in water.

So what is freedom? Perhaps what we deem freedom is just numbing and harming ourselves. What God forbade, is harmful for us.

It is like a child telling his mom "you are soo oppressive ! give me freedom!" but the mom knows that being in bad crowds, and drinking etc is BAD.

Problem is, we have limited intelligence, take the mom example.

A mom forbids her teen boy or girl, from doing certain stuff, like having sex outside of marriage, drinking, smoking. But the teen is ignorant, and doesn't KNOW!

God forbids us things, though we may NOT know why, God knows best.

I hope you get my point.

strivingobserver98
03-15-2016, 04:23 PM
@StrivingforDeen

So your saying Jet sking in Dubai with your Muslim Brothers is boring :D?

Souljette
03-15-2016, 05:46 PM
Well I have done everything in a halal manner as much as possible and had fun alhamdulillah with not having to suffer the consequences later which all haram things have so maybe the person who is saying it's boringg should re evaluate what they deem as fun

The-Deist
03-15-2016, 06:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
Says the person who has never experienced a religious life! [emoji38]
*coughs*

I'm allergic to BS.

Serinity
03-15-2016, 06:14 PM
May Allah guide you in time. Ameen.

I just hope Allah makes you see how empty of a life, a non religious life is. A life without rules and regulations, rules that change according to desires, etc. And turns you back to Him SWT.

The-Deist
03-15-2016, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
@StrivingforDeen

So your saying Jet sking in Dubai with your Muslim Brothers is boring :D?

That is not religious.

ConcealedGem
03-15-2016, 08:34 PM
How can striving for Allah be boring? Wallahi, if you look at what the non Muslims are doing ie partying and committing adultery, that is what I call boring, a life without no purpose.

The-Deist
03-16-2016, 07:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by NinjaInBlack
How can striving for Allah be boring? Wallahi, if you look at what the non Muslims are doing ie partying and committing adultery, that is what I call boring, a life without no purpose.
People have different opinions.

Anyways I meant all religions.

azc
03-16-2016, 07:43 AM
A hedonist can't follow a true religion

~ Sabr ~
03-16-2016, 08:46 AM
*coughs*

I'm allergic to BS.
I'm allergic to people who waste people's time. Good bye. *blocked*

The-Deist
03-16-2016, 06:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ~ Sabr ~
I'm allergic to people who waste people's time. Good bye. *blocked*
*claps*

There no way to block people on this forum.

strivingobserver98
03-16-2016, 06:10 PM
*claps*

There no way to block people on this forum.
Here it is...

Please be nice to Sister @~ Sabr ~

Mashura
03-16-2016, 06:31 PM
Religious life is not boring but a muslim knows the value and worth of his time... he is not meant to waste it in frivolities ... he knows his time in duniyah is short so he tries his best not to waste it. Over indulgence in halal also is wrong... so enjoy but know your limits!!!

Serinity
03-16-2016, 06:54 PM
How strange we are..

We may be happy and thrive life to the fullest, but at our grave awaits Hellfire. On the other hand, we might be sleeping through the night, when our doors of Jannah is open. I think there is a hadith where Jibreel AS comments on the believers.. How strange we are. etc. AFAIK.

May Allah guide you, @StrivingforDeen . Ameen.
Allahu alam.

~ Sabr ~
03-17-2016, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mashura
Religious life is not boring but a muslim knows the value and worth of his time... he is not meant to waste it in frivolities ... he knows his time in duniyah is short so he tries his best not to waste it. Over indulgence in halal also is wrong... so enjoy but know your limits!!!
#Haqq

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.