/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New member :) (thinking about converting)

louise
02-02-2016, 01:39 PM
Hello everyone :)

My name is Louise, I am an 18-year-old western European girl living and studying in the UK. I have never been a religious person, but have recently come in contact with Islam and am very intrigued by this beautiful religion. Although I am quite new to this and still have a lot to learn I am thinking about converting. As I have no muslim friends and cannot discuss this matter with my family, I hope to find some people on here to talk about Islam and ask questions that may arise as I am reading the Quran. I would especially like to meet other people who have converted to Islam and hear their stories and reasons for doing so. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
02-02-2016, 01:56 PM
Hello louise! It's good to have you here

Enjoy your stay, feel free to ask any questions you have

sister herb
02-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Hello

Welcome to forum. Feel free to ask your questions here. Also you can search the forum as here is already a lot of information. Here are many sisters from UK, maybe some of them lives near of you too.

Muslim Woman
02-02-2016, 04:26 PM
Hello

u will find many converts here . We have a thread on stories of Muslim converts . U may read those interesting stories . Feel free to ask about Islam in related threads or start new thread. Welcome here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
02-02-2016, 04:31 PM
Welcome!Plz feel free to ask any question. Hope you'll see here your own brothers and sisters

Asiyah3
02-02-2016, 05:36 PM
Peace!

Check out this thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...light=converts

It contains many revert stories, including those of our members. Welcome to the forum, and feel free to ask any questions.

Asiyah3
02-02-2016, 05:40 PM
If you prefer videos, I'd recommend searching in youtube e.g. 'why I converted to Islam' etc.

Please feel free to visit you local mosques as well.

whosebob
02-02-2016, 06:55 PM
Welcome to the Forum Louisa. I hope u keeping well Godwilling. Lots of light and peace to you. Read alot and always know God loves you.

Peace be upon you

BeTheChange
02-02-2016, 07:29 PM
Asalamualykum,

Please visit this website to address any questions you may have;

http://www.kalamullah.com/non-muslims.html

May Allah swt make your journey easy and may Allah swt open your heart & mind to the truth Ameen.

BilalKid
02-03-2016, 03:47 AM
welcome!! :shade::shade:

greenhill
02-03-2016, 03:58 AM
Welcome to the forum.

There are many stories/ threads on conversion/ reversion stories. I have read quite a few and find them all pretty interesting. Some gave me a very different perspective and they all contribute to raising my awareness and appreciation of my deen too!

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

louise
02-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Thank you all for your kind words and recommendations :)

I am really interested in learning more about the fundamentals of Islam and building a good foundation of knowledge so I can make the right decision about converting. I signed up for the 'Introduction to Islam' course that is offered by the London Central Mosque at the end of this month, so hopefully that will help!

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 01:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by louise
Thank you all for your kind words and recommendations :)

I am really interested in learning more about the fundamentals of Islam and building a good foundation of knowledge so I can make the right decision about converting. I signed up for the 'Introduction to Islam' course that is offered by the London Central Mosque at the end of this month, so hopefully that will help!
Good choice! Please tell us afterwards how it went. :)

louise
02-03-2016, 01:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Good choice! Please tell us afterwards how it went. :)
I definitely will :)

Insaanah
02-04-2016, 07:37 PM
A warm welcome to the forum Louise.

That's the mosque in Regent's Park? That should be good..

There's some info in brief here: Leaflet on Islam which covers some of the fundamentals of Islam and gives a brief overview. You may find it helpful.

Please do ask any questions you have. We're here to help.

Peace.

MuslimahRo
02-05-2016, 07:48 AM
This is a good site where you can read the interpretation of the Quran in English and also get explanations: tafheem.net.

louise
02-05-2016, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
A warm welcome to the forum Louise.

That's the mosque in Regent's Park? That should be good..

There's some info in brief here: Leaflet on Islam which covers some of the fundamentals of Islam and gives a brief overview. You may find it helpful.

Please do ask any questions you have. We're here to help.

Peace.
It's the one in Regent's Park yes :) And thanks for the link!

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimahRo
This is a good site where you can read the interpretation of the Quran in English and also get explanations: tafheem.net.
Thank you! :)

louise
03-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Salam :Emoji49:

Some of you may already have read my post on Ummah forum: I took my shahada yesterday, so now I can finally call myself a Muslim! I must admit it's a strange feeling, especially because I feel like I still know so little about Islam and there is still a lot I need to learn. But nevertheless I'm happy I decided to stop worrying so much and just do it :Emoji46:

Umm Abed
03-07-2016, 07:36 AM
Wassalam sis,

Thats great news you've made the best choice! :)

May Allah always keep you on the straight path ameen.

Insaanah
03-07-2016, 08:13 PM

Some of you may already have read my post on Ummah forum: I took my shahada yesterday, so now I can finally call myself a Muslim! I must admit it's a strange feeling, especially because I feel like I still know so little about Islam and there is still a lot I need to learn. But nevertheless I'm happy I decided to stop worrying so much and just do it :Emoji46:
Wa alaikum assalaam (and peace be on you) sister Louise,

Thank you so much for updating us. This is wonderful news : )

Welcome to the Muslim Ummah (the global Muslim community that is a brotherhood and sisterhood). Welcome home, to Islam.

This is the best decision you could make. Sometimes people procrastinate, when death could come at any time.

Please let us know if there's anything we can help you with. Please don't feel alone. Sometimes new Muslims feel isolated - "I'm a new Muslim, now what? Where's the support?" You have many brothers and sisters here to help on the forum. I hope you will still continue to have offline support at the mosque too.

May Allah keep you steadfast and make things easy for you, ameen. Don't overwhelm yourself - take things steadily.

Peace.

lonewolf007
03-07-2016, 11:43 PM
@louise sis I'm so happy for you honestly and I pray that Allah keeps you firm on the right path Ameen

I've already posted on ummah forum but j won't say who I a
just yet ;D

Abz2000
03-08-2016, 12:20 AM
Welcome to Islam sister, hope you become a source of good for the Muslim nation and a guidance for those whom you have surpassed, also please be sure to tell the story of your journey, on the stories of reverts thread, i think most of us like reading them and they are an inspiration to those struggling along the path too.
Also a little sincere advice, it is wise to be careful of trying to prozelytize when one is new and eager to share the truth that they have found with loved ones before they have settled down, the negativity can be depressing, good to try feeling accepted rather than rejected until your wings have sprouted and you know you're strong.

Kiro
03-08-2016, 01:18 PM

what's your username on ummah

Hamza :)
03-09-2016, 11:28 AM

Wa'alaikumas salam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

Allahu Akbar! Welcome to Islam sis. Feel free to ask any questions :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.