/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hello!

Oh My
02-02-2016, 04:12 PM
Hello!

My real Name is George Manuel Oliveira, but I could not fit that for a username!

I feel so blessed to be a new member of this forum.

I am an Agnostic, but I want to learn more about Islam, because I believe that it is a very interesting religion.

~PEACE~

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Muslim Woman
02-02-2016, 04:22 PM
Hello

Feel free to browse forum and ask about Islam . Not only interesting , Islam is a way of life , The Truth .
Welcome here.

greenhill
02-02-2016, 04:27 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay

:peace:

azc
02-02-2016, 04:44 PM
Welcome to the forum. Hope you'll enjoy your stay here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hamza :)
02-02-2016, 04:50 PM
OMG! Hello!

Enjoy your stay here, feel free to ask any questions :)

sister herb
02-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Hello

Welcome to forum. Hopely you will find more information about this very interesting - not only religion - but the way of life called Islam.

Oh My
02-02-2016, 06:20 PM
Thank you all very much for such a warm welcome!

I just want to say that I love Muslims very much, but I don't know too much about Islam, because I have not studied it much and I don't get any Islamic TV programs on the TV.

I will try and learn much more about Islam and the Islamic faith and lifestyle, because I am curious about religions in general.

I live in the USA, and I believe that our mainstream media is trying to demonize Muslims as terrorists, because the elites want to create an enemy so that we go to war.

I know that the majority of Muslims are peace-loving people that don't want anything to do with terrorism, etc.. I know that Muslims in general are wonderful people that just want to live their lives in peace.

I believe that the major difference between the Muslims, and Christians, and Jews, etc., is the book that they believe in as holy scripture or the Word of God. But regardless of your religion, we are all people that have struggles and trials and problems, etc., and I believe that we are all brothers and sisters in this world that is virtually shrinking because of technology like the internet.

So I love Muslims and Islam, and I want to thank you all very much for such a warm welcome!

~PEACE~

Eric H
02-03-2016, 12:37 AM
Greetings and peace be with you George,

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you find some answers.

You have chosen an interesting user name, whilst claiming to be agnostic, would you care to expand a little.

In the spirit of searching for God

Eric

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 05:52 AM
Welcome! I hope the forum will benefit you to learn about our religion and lifestyle. As you said, harming any human being is contrary to God's teachings. As Muslims we don't hate anyone for their religion, and we do believe everyone has the freedom to believe what they want. We personally choose to follow the path of guidance obeying and trusting God, because it is the closeness to our Creator that makes us permanently happy.

We believe that the Gospel and Torah were revealed by God. However, we do not think that the Gospel that remains to day is the same as that revealed to Jesus pbuh, a messenger of God sent by God to deliver His word, hence we no longer follow these scriptures. We believe that the Qur'aan was revealed to confirm the original teachings of God. Thus, I strive to follow the Qur'aan closely, because I believe my Creator is the best to inform me of my true purpose of life.

Eric H
02-03-2016, 04:54 PM
Greetings and peace be with you George,

Yes. As I have mentioned, My Name is George Manuel Oliveira!

My initials for My Name is GMO!

What is GMO backwards?
:thumbsup:

I think you will find everyone helpful and friendly here, just ask your questions.

In the spirit of searching for a greatest meaning of One God

Eric

Oh My
02-03-2016, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Welcome! I hope the forum will benefit you to learn about our religion and lifestyle. As you said, harming any human being is contrary to God's teachings. As Muslims we don't hate anyone for their religion, and we do believe everyone has the freedom to believe what they want. We personally choose to follow the path of guidance obeying and trusting God, because it is the closeness to our Creator that makes us permanently happy.

We believe that the Gospel and Torah were revealed by God. However, we do not think that the Gospel that remains to day is the same as that revealed to Jesus pbuh, a messenger of God sent by God to deliver His word, hence we no longer follow these scriptures. We believe that the Qur'aan was revealed to confirm the original teachings of God. Thus, I strive to follow the Qur'aan closely, because I believe my Creator is the best to inform me of my true purpose of life.
I believe that after I learn more about the Qur'an, I will probably believe some of it too, and I hope that I can know the Qur'an good enough to quote it, so I can teach others about what the Muslims believe!

I don't believe in any religion is all right or all wrong, because it's human nature to make mistakes, but I know that I can learn much from religions and I believe that I can become more spiritual from learning about different religions!

I believe that we can all learn from each other, regardless of our beliefs.

Thanks for your kind words!

~PEACE~

Umm Abed
02-03-2016, 05:23 PM
^o)Is this for real? And the explanation of your names?:heated:
anyway, welcome:omg:

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Oh My God
I believe that after I learn more about the Qur'an, I will probably believe some of it too, and I hope that I can know the Qur'an good enough to quote it, so I can teach others about what the Muslims believe!
Great! It is a great idea to read the Qur'aan, after all, on God's words revealed word to His chosen messengers (pbuh) is our religion based on. :)

I don't believe in any religion is all right or all wrong, because it's human nature to make mistakes, but I know that I can learn much from religions and I believe that I can become more spiritual from learning about different religions!
You are correct, all man-written religions are false. This is why we follow the Qur'aan, because it the only original literal word of God, Himself. Although we do also believe in Gospel and Torah - given to Jesus and Moses, we believe they were changed by human beings and are not the original teachings of Jesus pbuh (We believe Jesus never told people to worship him as God).

I believe that we can all learn from each other, regardless of our beliefs.

Thanks for your kind words!

~PEACE~
Definitely! It was interesting to discuss our opinions, even if they differ. :)

Oh My
02-05-2016, 06:22 PM
What do Muslims believe about the Mahdi and the End Times? OMG!

EDIT - I guess that I cannot link you to this thread yet, because I have not made enough posts yet... But look for that title in the General section of this website !

I just started a thread in the link above about questions about the Mahdi and the End Times!

Please feel free to check it out!

And I have noticed that a forum moderator changed My username from "Oh My God" to "Oh My", and I am a little disappointed about that...

~PEACE~

Oh My
02-05-2016, 06:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
^o)Is this for real? And the explanation of your names?:heated:
anyway, welcome:omg:
Thanks for your friendly welcome!

And yes, it is a fact that I am George Manuel Oliveira, and I have a mother named Mary and a father named Nuno!

And the rest is apparent.

You can search the internet for the following:

George Manuel Oliveira

And you can see that I am posting on other forums as well.

~PEACE~

AabiruSabeel
02-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Welcome to IslamicBoard.

format_quote Originally Posted by Oh My
If you look up My Name- George Manuel Oliveira, you should discover that My Name means, "Farmer God is with us, olive tree"!

My mother's name is Mary.

I believe that I am a Prophet!
Just because your name means something does not make you a prophet. Muslims do not believe anyone who claims to be a prophet after Muhammad :saws:.

The second coming of 'Isa :as: will be from the heaven, he will not be born on the earth once again.

Umm Abed
02-06-2016, 07:25 PM
Its so much easier and practical to call you George, dont you think?

pho
02-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Welcome!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!