/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What are some things to do when traveling

Kiro
02-02-2016, 04:15 PM
swwrb

when living the nomad life, what things are there to do?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
02-02-2016, 05:33 PM
- Shopping!
- Eat at restaurants
- nature & landscapes, for example diving or boat-trip, horse-riding
- hot air-balloon in summer
- Go to Zoo
- Museums
- Local sport events

strivingobserver98
02-02-2016, 07:46 PM
- Scuba dive
- Sky dive
- See a volcano
- Swim with the fishes deep inside the ocean, maybe even sharks :D
- Safari
- Cycle or run a marathon
- Ride a camel or elephant
- Climb a mountain
- Stroll around
- Visit the beach (Go at 5am so it's just you and your wife ;))
- Snowboard and skii
- Meet new Muslims and make friends
- Learn about the world and yourself

Insaanah
02-02-2016, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
What are some things to do when traveling
Reading the duaas for travel:

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...6-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...5-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...7-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...0-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...2-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...4-lang-en.html

http://www.hisnulmuslim.com/index-pa...5-lang-en.html

(if a box appears asking for username and password, click on the red cross at the top left of the box to get rid of the message)

Also having good adaab for travel, helping fellow travellers who may be in difficulty, being a good neighbour/travelling companion to them etc.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BilalKid
02-03-2016, 03:47 AM
swwrb

when living the nomad life, what things are there to do?
nomad life?? ;D

Asiyah3
02-03-2016, 04:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Visit the beach (Go at 5am so it's just you and your wife
Excellent idea!

strivingobserver98
02-03-2016, 05:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
Excellent idea!
Alhamdulilah :). An idea from one of the lectures I saw by Shaykh Hasan Ali, he goes to the beach with his family at that time after fajr. Such a clever idea :ma:

It's just you and your family observing the beautiful creations of Allah :swt:.

And the earth – We spread it out and cast therein firmly set mountains and made grow therein [something] of every beautiful kind, Giving insight and a reminder for every servant who turns [to Allah ]. [Quran 50: 7-8]

Kiro
02-03-2016, 10:12 AM
I'm not getting married lol

Thanks for all your suggestions but all those sound 'ordinary'.

What does a vagabond have to do to find some adventure?

greenhill
02-03-2016, 12:05 PM
Yup, all of the above...

I've added to that if I ever travel I would try find a mosque. Sometimes it is far. But I do try to pray there. Such a nice feeling.

Have fun and be safe.

:peace:

strivingobserver98
02-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Thanks for all your suggestions but all those sound 'ordinary'.

So you are looking for something "Extraordinary" :D.

I had to google your word Vagabond. Found out the meaning finally :).
a person who wanders from place to place without a home or job.
So you want us to look for fun things for a homeless person :O?

Kiro
02-03-2016, 06:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
So you are looking for something "Extraordinary" :D.

I had to google your word Vagabond. Found out the meaning finally :).

So you want us to look for fun things for a homeless person :O?
It's called being adventurer :shade:;D

ardianto
02-04-2016, 02:54 AM
You don't have to be vagabond or live as nomad if you want to feel sensation of traveling. You can do a kind of traveling like I sometime did when I was young, "blind route round trip".

Go to a place where you have never visited, then start your journey without destination. Just follow your heart. If your heart say go forward, go forward. if your heart say turn right or turn left, just turn. Enjoy what you see on the way. You will find many interesting things.

Then after you have arrived in a place and you feel your journey is enough, go home without passing the route that you have passed. Try to find another way. Indeed, it could make you instead of heading towards the route to go home, you even go farther. But this is the sensation of this journey.

Usually I rode bicycle or motorcycle because it could make me go farther than walk. I did not ride car because traveling like this made me often must passing narrow track in village area that could not be passed by car.

Okay, young bro. Interested to do traveling like this?. :)

Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 07:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
You don't have to be vagabond or live as nomad if you want to feel sensation of traveling. You can do a kind of traveling like I sometime did when I was young, "blind route round trip".

Go to a place where you have never visited, then start your journey without destination. Just follow your heart. If your heart say go forward, go forward. if your heart say turn right or turn left, just turn. Enjoy what you see on the way. You will find many interesting things.

Then after you have arrived in a place and you feel your journey is enough, go home without passing the route that you have passed. Try to find another way. Indeed, it could make you instead of heading towards the route to go home, you even go farther. But this is the sensation of this journey.

Usually I rode bicycle or motorcycle because it could make me go farther than walk. I did not ride car because traveling like this made me often must passing narrow track in village area that could not be passed by car.

I have a feeling you have a very fun life mashaAllah, even enjoying simple matters like the unknown road...

Kiro
02-04-2016, 11:56 AM

big bro, that sounds too normal

ardianto
02-04-2016, 02:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
I have a feeling you have a very fun life mashaAllah, even enjoying simple matters like the unknown road...
Many people go traveling only to enjoy the destination and do not realize that the journey itself can be fun too. Alhamdulillah, I can enjoy the journey too, not only the destination.

You don't have to go far or spend much money to enjoy the fun of traveling. You can do it in your city. Ride city bus, stop in a place, then walk back to your home. Do not pass main road,but pass residential areas while look around. You will find many interesting things that often missed from your sight such as unique house architecture, beautiful small garden, funny sign, etc.

:)

Kiro
02-08-2016, 01:52 PM
Many people go traveling only to enjoy the destination and do not realize that the journey itself can be fun too. Alhamdulillah, I can enjoy the journey too, not only the destination.

You don't have to go far or spend much money to enjoy the fun of traveling. You can do it in your city. Ride city bus, stop in a place, then walk back to your home. Do not pass main road,but pass residential areas while look around. You will find many interesting things that often missed from your sight such as unique house architecture, beautiful small garden, funny sign, etc.

what about traveling the world to fight strong opponents/swordsmans lol

ardianto
02-08-2016, 03:39 PM
what about traveling the world to fight strong opponents/swordsmans lol
I had no skill in sword fighting. My skill were only in motocross, autorally, BMX, and swimming. That's why the traveling that I have done when I was young was not to fight swordsman, but to compete in race events. Not to other countries, but only around Java island. Not much, just dozens times.

I start my traveling to race when I was 14, to Sukabumi where I raced in regional motocross event. I was 17 when I went to Jakarta to compete in national motocross tournament. I stayed in a house that rented by West Java motorsport association because I represented West Java province in this event. There are many beautiful memories from traveling to race that I have done when I was young.

When I was not in competition sometime I trained my enduro skill through riding my offroad motorcycle on mountain area, passing muddy track, climb and down the hill. I spent all day long in this enduro training. And after I retired from motocross I like to ride my mountain bicycle on village areas where I can ride on challenging tracks that need skill.

Young bro, rather than you just dream about doing something spectacular, but you don't do anything, it's better you think about doing simple thing, but you really do it. So leave your video games, and do something real. Insha Allah, it will make your life so colorful like my life.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 07:38 PM
I had no skill in sword fighting. My skill were only in motocross, autorally, BMX, and swimming. That's why the traveling that I have done when I was young was not to fight swordsman, but to compete in race events. Not to other countries, but only around Java island. Not much, just dozens times.

I start my traveling to race when I was 14, to Sukabumi where I raced in regional motocross event. I was 17 when I went to Jakarta to compete in national motocross tournament. I stayed in a house that rented by West Java motorsport association because I represented West Java province in this event. There are many beautiful memories from traveling to race that I have done when I was young.

When I was not in competition sometime I trained my enduro skill through riding my offroad motorcycle on mountain area, passing muddy track, climb and down the hill. I spent all day long in this enduro training. And after I retired from motocross I like to ride my mountain bicycle on village areas where I can ride on challenging tracks that need skill.

Young bro, rather than you just dream about doing something spectacular, but you don't do anything, it's better you think about doing simple thing, but you really do it. So leave your video games, and do something real. Insha Allah, it will make your life so colorful like my life.

bro how did your parents let you travel so young?

Muslim Woman
02-09-2016, 05:35 AM
:sl:

don't miss any salat , eat halal , stay away from haram places etc etc as we normally do . My husband likes to find out mosque in new places and offer salat there .

ardianto
02-09-2016, 07:52 AM
bro how did your parents let you travel so young?
What makes parents worry is not how far or how long their children go, but with who their children go. Parents will still feel safe when their children go to other place for few day if their children go with people who they can trust. But parent will worry if their children go with people who have bad behavior although only for few hours in the city because they worry their children will do something wrong. That's why my parents allowed me to go to other place for few days, but forbade me to go out with boys who indeed had bad reputation.

14 years old actually is not too young. There are boys in this age who traveling alone to visit their relatives. I myself sometime visited my grandma and grandpa in other city when I was teen. I went to station, rode train, continue with commuter and then walked to my grandma's home. That was around 220 km from my home.

I have learned to handle situation if I was lost in traveling, in city area and in nature, since I was kid. Then after I became father I taught my children to handle situation if they were lost.

Kiro
02-09-2016, 08:27 AM
What makes parents worry is not how far or how long their children go, but with who their children go. Parents will still feel safe when their children go to other place for few day if their children go with people who they can trust. But parent will worry if their children go with people who have bad behavior although only for few hours in the city because they worry their children will do something wrong. That's why my parents allowed me to go to other place for few days, but forbade me to go out with boys who indeed had bad reputation.

14 years old actually is not too young. There are boys in this age who traveling alone to visit their relatives. I myself sometime visited my grandma and grandpa in other city when I was teen. I went to station, rode train, continue with commuter and then walked to my grandma's home. That was around 220 km from my home.

I have learned to handle situation if I was lost in traveling, in city area and in nature, since I was kid. Then after I became father I taught my children to handle situation if they were lost.
I wanna be an odd jobs to find quests and adventure lol

Will that work :statisfie;D

Kiro
02-10-2016, 02:41 PM
Can I become a treasure hunter for fun, not for worldly pleasures like getting wealthy

ardianto
02-10-2016, 03:01 PM
Can I become a treasure hunter for fun, not for worldly pleasures like getting wealthy
Why not. But you should not think only about gold that buried by pirates because there are many treasures that you can find but you do not aware. Archaeological treasure for example. Find the heritage of ancient civilization. Biological treasure. Find the new or rare flora and fauna. Anthropological treasure. Learn about tribe that live without modern technology through living with them. Even the nature itself is a treasure. Go to nature and enjoy the beautiful panorama. You will realize that the nature itself is treasure.

So, ready for adventure?. :)

Kiro
02-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Why not. But you should not think only about gold that buried by pirates because there are many treasures that you can find but you do not aware. Archaeological treasure for example. Find the heritage of ancient civilization. Biological treasure. Find the new or rare flora and fauna. Anthropological treasure. Learn about tribe that live without modern technology through living with them. Even the nature itself is a treasure. Go to nature and enjoy the beautiful panorama. You will realize that the nature itself is treasure.

So, ready for adventure?. :)
I'm too young too be a vagabond, I know you don't need a whole lot of money but I wanna save up money from engineering but hopefully I start at 22-24.
;D
Make dua I get tons of adventures/quests, maybe I will find a super katana made from an ancient and lost metal ;D

ardianto
02-10-2016, 04:06 PM
Visiting masjid is a fun activity that you can do when you are in traveling because it will make you feel experience of performing salah in various masjid. Every masjid has its own uniqueness. This is what make you will feel different sensation than what you feel in majid where you usually perform salah.

I know it from my own experience. I have visited many masjid when I was traveling. I've ever performed salah in masjid that built in the forest, on paddy field, on mauntain slope, on the hill, or in wooden masjid over the fish pond. And I always felt a different sensation. Sometime I got impressive experience, like when I performed salah ashar in a masjid on highway rest area. Someone asked me to become imam. So I lead salah. When I finished salah I look back and surprised because the follower was not only him but there were around 12 men who I didn't know when they joined.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.