/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Learning bits and pieces

ReboundMuslimah
02-02-2016, 07:21 PM
When I usually listen to my favourite reciter and I find a part of the Quran I like I just memorize that part, Is this haram?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-02-2016, 10:24 PM
Asalamualykum,

Am not a knowledgeable individual so please don't quote me but am sure there is no harm in this?

You're not allowed to pick and choose from the religion i.e. choose to act on the deeds you like/prefer and ignore the ones you don't like etc.

Learning the Quraan is a very noble act and holds a very high status.

One thing i would be weary of though is to ensure you finish learning the sentence off by heart otherwise you could unknowingly change the meaning of the Quraan.

May Allah swt protect you from unintentional sins Ameen.

ReboundMuslimah
02-03-2016, 02:28 AM
I can't find anything online can someone help me?

ReboundMuslimah
02-03-2016, 02:34 AM
Wailaykuma Salam,

Ok for example I really like surah Furqan 61-73 because it talks about the true Muslims. Inshallah one I'm planning on learning the whole surah but for now I'm in love with those verses. Would it be haram for me just to memorize those?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ridwaan Ravat
02-03-2016, 03:19 AM
Assalamualykum.

Masha Allah, your love for Qur'aan is evident from your question, may Allaah bless us all. Aameen

There is no harm in memorizing parts of the Qur'aan, however I will suggest :

1. Consider starting hifz Ul Qur'aan.

2. Memorize surah mulk and yaseen as Nabee صلي الله عليه وسلم has mentioned that it was his desire that these surahs be memorized by his followers.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Saleem Khan
02-03-2016, 07:29 AM
A person may memorise whatever part of the qura'an he will be rewarded according to his intention.

azc
02-03-2016, 09:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
When I usually listen to my favourite reciter and I find a part of the Quran I like I just memorize that part, Is this haram?
how can it be haram?

ReboundMuslimah
02-03-2016, 11:49 AM
Well not haram but if its permissible because I heard you can't pick and choose.

strivingobserver98
02-03-2016, 12:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
Well not haram but if its permissible because I heard you can't pick and choose.
I think your referring to something else, which is picking bits of the deen what to practise and not to practise.

Goes in nicely with this quote "Islam is not a buffet where you can pick and choose what you like."

That's different to memorizing verses of the Qur'an :).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.