/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Wear full dress otherwise I will not give interview" - Hashim Amla

strivingobserver98
02-04-2016, 08:46 AM
AN INSPIRATION: Hashim Amla is popular South African cricketer and has been known as a very strict believer and follower of Islam. Amla in the past refused to wear the logo of a beer making company, Castle. This company is the official sponsors of team South Africa.

Amla is happy to pay a 500 dollar fine for not wearing the logo as he thinks wearing of it is an act against the teachings of Islam. Islam forbids Muslims from drinking alcohol.

He again showed the strength of his faith when Amla refused to give a scheduled interview. The anchor was wearing skirt and low neck top and Amla was clearly disturbed to see her dressing so he apologized and refused to appear for the interview.

The host was then asked by the production team to change her outfit and cover herself as much as possible. After she changed her outfit only then Amla agreed to talk.

May Allaah reward and keep him firm upon deen. Aameen

Source: Darussalam Publishers

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
02-04-2016, 10:10 AM
Since he is the one being interviewed I suppose he can decide whom he prefers to be interviewed by.

Kiro
02-04-2016, 12:12 PM
I like this man.

strivingobserver98
02-04-2016, 12:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
I like this man.
I found you Kiro :). When's your interview?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
02-04-2016, 03:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
I found you Kiro :). When's your interview?

we can do a interview now habibi

lonewolf007
02-04-2016, 08:31 PM
wow thats really something, pretty much awesome :D

azc
02-04-2016, 09:42 PM
An example of practicing upon the teachings of Islam

LaSorcia
02-04-2016, 11:29 PM
I can understand refusing to wear the beer logo, and I completely agree. I'm not so sure about the interview though. He might miss a good opportunity for dawah. He could always lower his gaze for the whole interview. He would probably get asked about that, and then he could demonstrate his respect for Allah and women verbally.

Pygoscelis
02-05-2016, 06:01 AM
This is no different than if a player refused to be interviewed by a muslima in niqab. I have no real issue with either, but I would treat both situations the same. So long as you are not hypocritical about it, I take no issue here.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.