/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A talk about intolerence.

Ineed Umar
02-05-2016, 03:45 PM
I was recently enjoying some nasheeds on YouTube when I browsed to the poisonous comment section and for every Mashallah comment I see for anti Islamic comments and I think you are aware what I mean. Isn't this intolorence towards us? I try to avoid as it is futile to give dawah to those who won't listen still. They first ignite the fire and don't expect it to burn literally.

I know humans are intolerant species and even some Muslims are intolerent like terrorist groups etc. But I do not see anti Christian or hindu comments on their videos or any others much often.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-05-2016, 04:21 PM
Maybe not with YouTube videos but I have seen that anti-Christian comments are nowadays quite common too. In my country some newspaper´s internet sites, when there is any news about some religiousl subjects (like should students in the schools take part to religious parties), the comment section is after that full of hate against anyone who mentions the God and Christians specially. Hate against others whose might believe differently (mostly those kind of comments are from atheists) has risen. It´s not only against Muslims but against who ever else.

And sorry atheists members - I haven´t anything against you, I only described situation in some comment sections. The atheists aren´t of course the only ones whose spread hate and intolerance there. :nervous:

azc
02-05-2016, 04:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
I was recently enjoying some nasheeds on YouTube when I browsed to the poisonous comment section and for every Mashallah comment I see for anti Islamic comments and I think you are aware what I mean. Isn't this intolorence towards us? I try to avoid as it is futile to give dawah to those who won't listen still. They first ignite the fire and don't expect it to burn literally. I know humans are intolerant species and even some Muslims are intolerent like terrorist groups etc. But I do not see anti Christian or hindu comments on their videos or any others much often.
I never read the comments

LaSorcia
02-05-2016, 04:40 PM
It is sad indeed to see such hateful comments like you described. I mean, why do people even bother to watch things they hate so much or to spread hate around? Don't they have anything better to do? Like Sister Herb said, I have sadly seen so much hate towards Christians as well. So many people in so many places just seem to hate believers of all flavours. Like Acz said, I have stopped reading all comments on most all sites, and I never go to youtube unless I type in what I want in a search engine first; it's become so vulgar since google bought it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
02-05-2016, 06:18 PM
Yup best to stay away from it, continue to avoid it :ia:. We can easily get drawn into these futile debates and waste precious time.

The only comments worthwhile reading are the ones here on IB :D.

greenhill
02-05-2016, 06:50 PM
Another off-the-cuff thought here..

The way to maintain power is to divide and rule (as the British popularised).

How do you ensure they remain divided?. .

Breed intolerance!

:peace:

Pygoscelis
02-05-2016, 07:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Maybe not with YouTube videos but I have seen that anti-Christian comments are nowadays quite common too. In my country some newspaper´s internet sites, when there is any news about some religiousl subjects (like should students in the schools take part to religious parties), the comment section is after that full of hate against anyone who mentions the God and Christians specially. Hate against others whose might believe differently (mostly those kind of comments are from atheists) has risen. It´s not only against Muslims but against who ever else.

And sorry atheists members - I haven´t anything against you, I only described situation in some comment sections. The atheists aren´t of course the only ones whose spread hate and intolerance there. :nervous:
No offense taken. There is truth to this. Atheist are not immune from us vs them thinking. I know many who hate religion and attack religious people verbally frequently. It shouldn't happen, but it does.

Do keep in mind that this is a kind of backlash, just as when some muslims lash out at atheists (I get that in my pm box here frequently). The very core tenets of most religions (yes, including Islam) have some very negative things to say about atheists merely for being atheists, we were not allowed to vote until the 1950s, and we are still today the most distrusted minority in America - yes more so than the muslims. And many lawmakers and pundits continue to try to push religion in our faces every day. Sometimes it makes you want to shout back, and the anonymity of the internet makes that doubly tempting.

Kiro
02-05-2016, 07:14 PM
just don't reply to their comments

hisnameiszzz
02-05-2016, 10:26 PM
It's not just religion. It's about everything.

Have you seen comments on forums and YouTube and Facebook about general things? I've seen comments online from people who didn't like a pop star or movie star, and then things got nasty with people throwing around all kinds of abuse? There was a game I used to play on my cell phone. We had a team of 30 people playing together in an alliance. Two grown men fell out over something stupid in the game and then it was an abuse hurling match calling each other's parent's this and that. It was quite scary!

The Internet is a very dangerous tool. Be very very careful when you use it. Things that you say cannot be taken back! Stay well away is all I can say.

Futuwwa
02-05-2016, 10:28 PM
Youtube comments are the dung heap of the Internet. It's not just islamophobia.

ardianto
02-05-2016, 11:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pygoscelis
I know many who hate religion and attack religious people verbally frequently.
One thing that I really appreciate from intolerant people among atheists is they can be fair in their anti-religion attitude. It's different than intolerant religious people that usually focus their hatred only to one religion but more tolerant toward other religions.

ardianto
02-06-2016, 12:12 AM
I often found Muslims and Christians attacking each other in YouTube comment. But amazingly those Muslims and Christians can stand side by side when they attack Hindu!

Ineed Umar
02-06-2016, 09:56 AM
That said, I'm not against any religion my self, and even am humiliated by a certain meme on Internet making fun of Jesus and other prophets (pbut) which are intended to mock Christianity and Islam as well. Anyways I'm sorry towards everyone if my they were offended by my posts.

Eric H
02-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Greetings and peace be with you Ineed Umar;

Pray for the people making the bad comments to be blessed by Allah, wait a while, then reply with something kind.

In the spirit of praying for justice for all people,

Eric

Raptor
02-06-2016, 09:18 PM
Sometimes youtube comments give me a good laugh because of how bad they are

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.