/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Newly married Muslim Man drowned in swimming pool

strivingobserver98
02-06-2016, 01:18 PM
Subhan Allah :cry:.

May Allah grant the brother Jannatul Firdaus. Ameen.

A newly-wed groom drowned in the swimming pool of a five-star Dubai hotel while his wife unwittingly took photos of him on her phone, an inquest has heard.

Maira Shahid was watching Mohammed Majid Malik, swimming in a hotel pool on the last day of their honeymoon and taking pictures on her mobile phone before realising he was getting into difficulty.

An inquest in Ampthill, Bedfordshire, heard she then 'risked everything' by jumping into the 3.6 metre deep water to try to rescue her drowning husband - despite the fact that she couldn't swim.

Mr Malik, 28, had waded backwards into a pool in Dubai as Mrs Shahid took pictures on her phone.

But the inquest heard that he got into difficulty after dropping out of his depth.

Two hotel guests dived in and managed to pull Mr Malik out of the water but staff were unable to resuscitate him.

At a previous hearing Mrs Shahid said: 'I could see his hands going up and down and I went into the pool to try to get him up but I couldn't.

'I was screaming for help and couldn't get hold of his hands.'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...honeymoon.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Asiyah3
02-06-2016, 01:27 PM
Shocking. Who would've thought he'd die this way, this time and there? SubhaanAllah! That was not expected... May Allah have mercy on his soul and grant her patience...

Imagine if the couple were waiting for these happiest moments of their marriage for years and how thrilled they were to go on a honeymoon, and then the unexpected fate takes over their plans..

The importance of learning to swim...

azc
02-06-2016, 01:37 PM
Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi rajioon.Very shocking!

Kiro
02-08-2016, 10:40 AM
@فرحان
I just noticed, this forum doesn't have a marriage section
:o

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem
02-08-2016, 12:42 PM
That is indeed a shocking and bad news. I hope Allah(swt) admits them to paradise. Inshaallah. :cry:

strivingobserver98
02-08-2016, 12:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
@فرحان
I just noticed, this forum doesn't have a marriage section
:o
This is the marriage section brother :).

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-society/

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.