/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Make a Change to yourself

strivingobserver98
02-06-2016, 01:49 PM
:ma: really beneficial post. Read on :).

Many of us (including myself) dream about becoming the future musliheen (pacemakers) and mujdideen (heroic revivers) of our time. We always like to talk about unity, victory and solutions to problems.

We start believing it's an easy path and often we look at other people's faults and judge their intentions rather than recheck our own sincerity and assesment of following the true guidance.

How many of us try to make sure we implement Islam daily in our lives and work on our own manners and character?

We want to reach high places but we are not prepared to work hard for it.

We want to be from those who Allah choses to become the difference makers even though we know our own selves are not deserving of this noble position.

How can we think we will bring solutions to the ummahs problems and be successful when we don't even have that true strong relationship with Allah? How can we think our status is going to be raised with Allah when we have abondened habits such as qiyam al layl (night prayers) , performing good deeds in secret, reading enough quran and remembering Allah frequently? We talk about justice but we are far from implementing it with those around us and instead we are good at wasting time, indulging in laho (idle and unimportant matters) and arguing over small issues. We don't self reflect often or try to improve our character but then we wonder why we have been possibly forbidden from this great position. It is no suprise that histories once worse of nation became the best of people but only after they have gained a close relationship with Allah and changed their own self. The sad truth is, we have nobody to blame but ourselves for our situation and this is only due to our own sins and heedlessness.

May Allah rectify our hearts, guide us and chose us to be from those who will make a change.

- Omar Hajaj

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BeTheChange
02-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Ameen.

It's something we shouldn't overlook. Very true. If we look and analyse the lives of our pious predecessors all they used to be concerned about is my flaws, my flaws and my flaws but today's society concern is her/his flaws, her/his flaws & her/his flaws.

Allahu Akbar.

May Allah swt allow us to see the gems in changing our bad habits. Ameen.

Asiyah3
02-06-2016, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BeTheChange
Ameen.

It's something we shouldn't overlook. Very true. If we look and analyse the lives of our pious predecessors all they used to be concerned about is my flaws, my flaws and my flaws but today's society concern is her/his flaws, her/his flaws & her/his flaws.

Allahu Akbar.

May Allah swt allow us to see the gems in changing our bad habits. Ameen.
You're username fits the thread perfectly :D

Yes. You can't change others before changing yourself. Point at yourself before pointing at others.

greenhill
02-06-2016, 03:24 PM
That's the essence of jihad, no?

Not "kill the infidels" as is popularised by the media...

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem
02-06-2016, 03:33 PM
This is very helpful for me. I'm trying to change for the better. One time my sister and I had a fight because she was calling me poop and was being bossy about what I wear and saying that people disrespect me by the way I wear but I haven't come across anybody who is disrespecting me by the way I wear. I am trying to understand it but now I got it. She just wants to protect me in the future incase someone will do that to me. Anyways, I thank Allah(swt) for bringing me back again to Islam because back then I was unfaithful and rebellious.

It is also true that you can't change anyone. It is up for them to see that and let them change themselves. You can't also change anything or anybody unless you yourself hasn't changed at all.

I love this forum. I can get social with co-Muslim bros and sissies. He he.

Astagfirullah. Allahukabar.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.