No one knows the meaning of true love , loyalty and commitment anymore

MUST READ

http://www.mensxp.com/relationships/...ily-today.html

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-08-2016, 09:07 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Khalid Saifullah;

A fascinating piece on why relationships are not durable anymore
Relationships have to be one of the hardest things we do in life, I have only been married for thirty years, and I can tell you, the first thirty years are the most challenging. An imperfect man, marrying an imperfect woman and having imperfect children, what else can you expect.

Durable, resilient, perseverance, forgiveness, patience are good words to describe love, even though they don't sound loving words.

In the spirit of praying for marriage.

Eric

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 09:32 AM
I ain't even trying to get in a relationship.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 10:22 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Khalid Saifullah;

Relationships have to be one of the hardest things we do in life, I have only been married for thirty years, and I can tell you, the first thirty years are the most challenging. An imperfect man, marrying an imperfect woman and having imperfect children, what else can you expect.

Durable, resilient, perseverance, forgiveness, patience are good words to describe love, even though they don't sound loving words.

In the spirit of praying for marriage.

Eric
the first thirty years? How quickly did you have children?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
02-08-2016, 10:36 AM
You nailed it @Eric H .

We have become more self centred. Not willing to sacrifice ourselves as much.

I think that has a lot to do with the media and TV shows.

:peace:

Asiyah3
02-08-2016, 11:05 AM
What I've learned about marital problems from married people.

The spouses don't agree to fulfill their roles -- Wife doesn't know what a man wants and husband doesn't know what a woman would want.

As for topics of argument, I presume money and housework is the cause. Other causes include: living with in-laws, distant relationship - living in different counties,

Money: Husband greedy or spends too much on his parents/own brothers and sisters in cases where the wife doesn't work. If wife works arguments on who spends more on the household.

Housework: Wife wants to divide equally, husband doesn't really care about cleaning. Wife feels like a servant and unappreciated.

Both these problems have an influence on intimacy -- wife distance herself due to feeling unappreciated and stops taking care of her looks etc.. Husband on the other hand lacks loyalty, staring at other women inappropriately. etc.

Other complains from Women: He doesn't spend enough time with me. Never takes me out nor do we ever travel. He doesn't buy me presents. He humiliates me in front of people.
Other complains from men: I want more kids, She doesn't clean the house, she works too long hours.

Mehnaaz
02-08-2016, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Eric,

This is nothing short of wisdom that you just imparted to all of us. :)

In the spirit of praying for a successful marriage indeed, Insha'Allah!

Mehnaaz

azc
02-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Yes, it's a serious social problem.

azc
02-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Wife is the best friend, you'll realize it oneday

emem
02-08-2016, 12:06 PM
Yeah. I think I noticed this too in our society. It's truly the era of technology. Maybe long ago love was still there like with Romeo and Juliet, Adam and Eve, and many others. Back then, there was this girl named Ginger Abad Santos from University of Santo Tomas(UST) when I was 1st year college that broke my heart. He had a crush on me 1st, but I wasn't still ready because I was experiencing Panic Attacks while studying and then bam, I dropped out. I had a crush on her too, but I couldn't express it in any way. Anyways, I then, after my 2nd panic attack episode, was paralyzed in bed for 1 year and 3 months, and when I recovered, I saw her at outside UST at some corner about to go to school and we saw each other and said hi. I then I told her all the truth about my feelings for her that I truly love her and posted wierd things on her timeline and then she deleted me as a friend. There was a malicious post I posted too, astagfirullah. My heart was broken. I tried to love other girls but eventually my heart got broken again. Right now, there is this girl on our condo working on a store called Kambal Pandesal at the ground floor that has a crush on me my sister said. She asked my sister for my number but I still don't have a cellphone until now. But soon enough when I already have one, I will try to ask her if that is true.

Love is mysterious. I will tell you why they dumped me all. It's because I was too good. That is not good. To be too good. Ha ha. Get it? Too much is not good, it is bad. So now I balance it. I'm not a people pleaser anymore just like back then when I had panic attack because I became a lie or a person which I am not because I had to be fake for I had been dropped out on 4th year college for having low grades and always cutting classes(astagfirullah), and I showed them a person that is not me, and I lost my identity.

Anyways, I am single. I just had 1 girlfriend which is Katrina Villarosa, and that just lasted for 1 day. We became bf and gf 2 times already but yeah, just for only 1 day. And ofcourse, I was also dumped immediately after I was too desperate but she was the one who wanted because I was kinda funny and I came with huge charisma on the park. I kissed her and hold her boobies. Astagfirullah. And was too much of a nice guy when I was sending her home I was like I want to carry her cellphone and was treating her like a princess which she didn't like. But we kissed before she went up the condo and tomorrow we're done. He was talking to someone on the phone and she is snobbing me. I went to the back of the chapel and shouted and cried.

I promised myself from now on I will not cry for a woman. I will follow my parents about what they say that I should not approach women, and instead let them approach me, and don't marry too early. I must 1st finish studies, get a job, become rich, and have a house of my own and even a car.

Alhamdullilah.

strivingobserver98
02-08-2016, 12:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Wife is the best friend, you'll realize it oneday
True. Reminds me of this quote :statisfie.

.علّموا أولادكُم أنّ الأنثُى هِي الرّفيقة، هِي الوطَن، و هِي الحَيْاة

Teach your sons that a woman is a friend, home, and life.

- Samir Giad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.