/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How we cause our own depression

Khalid Saifullah
02-08-2016, 08:46 AM
When we continuously indulge in that which is forbidden, harmful, toxic, negative, envious, evil, bad, counter-productive & spiritually damaging, we go into a state of depression. It is a point where we have thrown ourselves into a deep state of depression & decided to remain there.

The Qur'an refers a to sinful person as an "athim".

The athim is a person who is drowning in sins. He came to the point where he loves to sin, without feeling any inch of remorse or regret.

This type of person is very different to other types of wrongdoers.

If I occasionally overstep or go overboard & I feel a deep regret about it, I am not an athim, because I do not always sin, or want to commit it.

Perhaps, due to a sudden weakness, I took the wrong option or decided to do the wrong thing.

But the athim has certain characteristics that the Qur'an refers to. Here are some of of the additional qualities associated with an athim:

# Fault-finder (Hammaaz). I am forever finding-fault in someone else's actions. I pick on them all the time & even make it a point of telling them about it, to make them feel bad or horrible about themselves.

Backbiting or skinner (Ghibah). I like to spread stories about people. I like to probe into their affairs & can't wait to make it public, even if I am lying about it.

# Miserliness (al-bukhl). I don't like sharing my favors that اللّه Subhana Ta'ala has bestowed upon me. I like to hoard things & keep them in secret places so that no one can know that I have. I don't like visitors because they eat too much or will cause me to become poor should I share my food or whatever I have in my house.

There are other bad qualities but these are the main ones that cause one to sin & become depressed. When I am guilty of all these things I remove the barakah that اللّه Subhana Ta'ala has placed in my wealth, sustenance & provisions, & I destroy it by my own actions.

When people start to boycott my house & stay far away from me, I start wondering why, forgetting that I had been nasty towards them.

That is why اللّه Subhana Ta'ala says to us, it is what our hands have produced, what we have caused upon ourselves not Him. He does not punish us but we are punished by our own doings. We cause punishment to our own beings & we cause misery upon ourselves.

How can we indulge in sin & expect happiness? Sin creates more sin & the cycle goes on.

Fortunately, اللّه Subhana Ta'ala is not a punishing God but a Merciful One.

He says, "Mercy encapsulates Who I am" (Qur'an).

Allah is Rahman & Raheem, Allah is Ghafoor (Forgiver) & Allah is Tawwab (The One Who accepts the repentance of His creation). Allah accepts the tawba (repentance) of anyone who is sincere. And in turn He turns all our past bad & evil deeds into good ones, when we turn to Him with sincerity. He even says that: "Oh my slaves who have committed wrongs against themselves, do not despair of my mercy" (Qur'an).

So get up, & get out of that state that u are in....make a life & Aakhira change...take wudu. Raise ur hands to Him & embark on a journey of returning to اللّه Subhana Ta'ala . It is only filled with beauty & mercy.

"Allah loves those who turn to Him (after they have erred) & He loves those who purify themselves all the time"
(Qur'an).

Even if the whole world tells you that u are worst scum, اللّه Subhana Ta'ala will Look at u with an eye of mercy, & will, most definitely, accept ur sincere tawbah. This is Allah ur Lord, so make that connection & watch how ur days become better & ur life is filled with joy. U will never look back again, ever.

Oh our Raheem Allah, protect us from a heart that forgets it's beating just for You & take us in a condition most pleasing to You .
آمـــــــــين يا رب العالمـــــــــين

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-08-2016, 08:58 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Khalid Saifullah;

I agree with you, we are created in such a way that we harm ourselves, when we move away from God. When injustice is done against us, and we are powerless to put things right, we become angry, and I believe that anger also leads to a deep depression. I have come across two people in the process of committing suicide, and it was only talking about forgiving and letting go of anger, that they found the will to carry on living, it is like a great weight has been lifted off.

In the spirit of praying for justice and peace for all people

Eric

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 09:31 AM
Why are there kaffirs and muslims who sin greatly who are happy.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 10:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
but are they really happy? Well they have stuff they like that gives them 'pleasure'.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
The-Deist
02-08-2016, 10:34 AM
They are happy.

Kiro
02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
They are happy.
wooo hooo

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 10:45 AM
Wuuhiiii

Kiro
02-08-2016, 10:46 AM
Wuuhiiii
The student has become the master

greenhill
02-08-2016, 11:24 AM
16:117 Those who invent a lie against Allah will not succeed. A brief enjoyment (will be theirs); and theirs a painful doom.

27:4 As for those who believe not in the Hereafter, We have made their works fairseeming unto them so that they are all astray.

:peace:

emem
02-08-2016, 12:23 PM
I don't want to sincerely go back to being an unbeliever. I had become depressed back then when I was in highscool and college because of some problems along the way. I also had panic attack and became paralyzed in bed for 1 year and 3 months. Alhamdullilah, Allah(swt) never ever betrays or leaves you behind.

I think Allah(swt) loves him more who sins but then repents, besides someone who does good deeds but boasts or shows-off and doesn't.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.