/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Personal opinions about alcohol

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 11:27 AM
As the title says (I am not here to promote intoxicants)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
emem
02-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Well, I have already drank but that's just sometimes. My parents scolded me saying we will have bad luck in our lives if I continue drinking alcohol, so after I have believed again in Allah(swt), I stopped drinking. It is also said in the Holy Quran that there is pure white wine in Jannah but it will not intoxicate you.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 11:38 AM
That is not completely opinion.

greenhill
02-08-2016, 11:50 AM
What personal opinion. There shouldn't be any. It is haram. What is there to debate on personal opinion?

It is a personal risk taking thing if a person chooses to indulge.

Every act I see that is sinful there is a chance of immediate repentance. It is there for alcohol too, but unfortunately, I have been told that even a drop of alcohol will make all your deeds count for nothing for 40 days. Not sure if you die within that 40 days what your status will be?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Asiyah3
02-08-2016, 11:55 AM
The smell of the clothes of drunk people irritate me. I could write a lot about the harmful effects on alcohol on families etc., but I suppose I could sum it up with one sentence: Alcohol is the mother of all evils (crimes, health, employment, relationships, society...). I find it hard for anyone, including non-Muslims, to respect drunken people seeing them the way they act.

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
@greenhill personal opinion meaning what you think about it/if you had no influrnce from anybody. Like lets say you had no religion no beliefs and you were in ancient times. A family member puts some yellowish liquid in a bottle and gives it to you. He tells you it tastes very good but can make your head spin if you drink too much. What do you do?

The-Deist
02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
@Asiyah3 and moderate drinkers?

Asiyah3
02-08-2016, 12:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
@Asiyah3 and moderate drinkers?
Today --> moderate. when depressed and life strikes his everything --> extreme. In social gatherings or parties --> getting drunk --> extreme.

AabiruSabeel
02-08-2016, 12:03 PM
وَمَا كَانَ لِمُؤْمِنٍ وَلَا مُؤْمِنَةٍ إِذَا قَضَى اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَمْرًا أَن يَكُونَ لَهُمُ الْخِيَرَةُ مِنْ أَمْرِهِمْ ۗ وَمَن يَعْصِ اللَّهَ وَرَسُولَهُ فَقَدْ ضَلَّ ضَلَالًا مُّبِينًا

It is not for a believing man or a believing woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decided a matter, that they should [thereafter] have any choice about their affair. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger has certainly strayed into clear error. [Al-Ahzab: 36]

:threadclo

O you who have believed, indeed, intoxicants, gambling, [sacrificing on] stone alters [to other than Allah ], and divining arrows are but defilement from the work of Satan, so avoid it that you may be successful.
Satan only wants to cause between you animosity and hatred through intoxicants and gambling and to avert you from the remembrance of Allah and from prayer. So will you not desist?
And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware. And if you turn away - then know that upon Our Messenger is only [the responsibility for] clear notification.
[Al-Ma'idah: 90-92]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.