for cousin

good ones?? ^o)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Finding Peace
02-09-2016, 05:09 PM
Abdur-Rahman (:

Finding Peace
02-09-2016, 05:11 PM
If your name is Bilal then you can name him Hilal. I have a brother with that name.

lonewolf007
02-09-2016, 06:44 PM
Ibrahim, Ismail, yusuf, musa, Isa and so many others but these few popped into my head just now :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Malik
02-09-2016, 07:50 PM
muhammad mussa issa ibrahim ilyas yusef younes yakoub nouh adam uthman ali omar idris and many of the prophets and sahabah names ...

Serinity
02-09-2016, 07:57 PM
Abdullah,
Umar,
Ali,
Muhammad,
Khalid,

strivingobserver98
02-09-2016, 10:13 PM
- Maybe my name :D? Farhan
- Uthman
- Aadam
- Adab
- Baaz
- Ghazzal
- Hudayfah
- Insar
- Muhammad
- Mudasir
- Raakin
- Walid
- Sajid
- Zubair

Explanation of good names to use below :):

There are four categories of good names:

The first (best) category is the names ‘Abd-Allaah and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan. It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most beloved of names to Allaah are ‘Abd-Allaah and ‘Abd al-Rahmaan.” (Narrated by Muslim in his Saheeh, 1398).

The second category is all the names which express enslavement to and worship of Allaah, such as ‘Abd al-Azeez, ‘Abd al-Raheem, ‘Abd al-Malik, ‘Abd al-Ilaah, ‘Abd al-Salaam, etc.

The third category is the names of Prophets and Messengers – may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them. Undoubtedly the best and greatest of them is our Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him); the name Ahmad is also one of his names. Next come the names of the “Messengers of strong will” [cf. Al-Ahqaaf 46:35], namely Ibraaheem, Moosa, ‘Eesa and Nooh (may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them), then the rest of the Prophets - may the peace and blessings of Allaah be upon them.

The fourth category is the names of righteous slaves of Allaah, above all the companions of our noble Prophet. It is mustahabb to use their names, following their example and hoping to reach a higher status.

The fifth category is any other good name which has a proper and pleasant meaning.
https://islamqa.info/en/7180

Serinity
02-10-2016, 03:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
- Maybe my name :D? Farhan
- Uthman
- Aadam
- Adab
- Baaz
- Ghazzal
- Hudayfah
- Insar
- Muhammad
- Mudasir
- Raakin
- Walid
- Sajid
- Zubair

Explanation of good names to use below :):

Are you Farhan??? WUUUUUTT

For real?

The-Deist
02-10-2016, 06:24 PM
Firawn, Tupac, Johny, and Ethan.

Serinity
02-10-2016, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Firawn, Tupac, Johny, and Ethan.
That is.. Just evil...

strivingobserver98
02-10-2016, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Firawn
Fatwa from IslamQA:

It is makrooh to give names which have meanings that refer to sin, such as Saariq (“thief”) or Zaalim (“wrongdoer”); or to give the names of Pharaohs or sinners, such as Fir’awn (Pharaoh), Haamaan (the name of Pharaoh’s minister) and Qaaroon.

BilalKid
02-10-2016, 06:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lonewolf007
Isa
this allowed?? ^o)

lonewolf007
02-10-2016, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
this allowed?? ^o)
eh why not? If all the other names of prophets are allowed then the name isa should be allowed too. I know quite a few people with this name.

BilalKid
02-10-2016, 06:56 PM
eh why not? If all the other names of prophets are allowed then the name isa should be allowed too. I know quite a few people with this name.
becos translate to 'jesus' ?? ^o)

Umm Malik
02-10-2016, 06:59 PM
this allowed?? ^o)
yes it's a prophet

lonewolf007
02-10-2016, 07:00 PM
becos translate to 'jesus' ?? ^o)
yeah and? The names moses and Joseph are musa and yusuf in Arabic and I'm really not getting what you're saying lol

BilalKid
02-10-2016, 07:40 PM
yeah and? The names moses and Joseph are musa and yusuf in Arabic and I'm really not getting what you're saying lol
prophets name ok?? :embarrass

lonewolf007
02-10-2016, 07:44 PM
prophets name ok?? :embarrass
Yeah kiddo it's fine

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.