/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Name meaning and source

Abdul989
02-10-2016, 04:15 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so be nice to me please :)

My wife is due to give birth to our first child and we already its a girl so we have came with few names to name our daugther but the one we really liked is "Amelia" now what I would like to know is this a Muslim name and secondly what and where is the source ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
02-10-2016, 04:54 AM
:bism:

:sl:

Welcome to the board, bro!

Congratulations also on the soon-to-be little one and wishing you much happiness and of course also to your lovely wife! Masha-Allah, how beautiful that you are about to have a little girl who'll In-sha-Allah be the coolness of your eyes and the coolness of your wife's eyes as well! Great news, brother.

Barakallahu feek (may Allah bless you).

From Google, I found the following information on the name "Amelia:"
Amelia is a name with Latin origins. Amelia originally comes from the name Amalia, which was derived from the Germanic name Amala. The root element Amal means "work."
Also, there's a fatwa that I'm quoting you so that you may read and understand about this matter in greater detail and make your decision accordingly: Keeping names for children: Which names are preferred? Which are disliked?

Wishing you and your wife goodness and happiness,

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Abdul989
Hi everyone,

I'm new to this forum so be nice to me please :)

My wife is due to give birth to our first child and we already its a girl so we have came with few names to name our daugther but the one we really liked is "Amelia" now what I would like to know is this a Muslim name and secondly what and where is the source ?

Abdul989
02-10-2016, 10:27 AM
Thank you brother but the name is listed on few Muslim websites so I'm kinda confused. It's listed in below site I have also seen it on couple of other sites too.

muslimnames.info/name/Amelia

sister herb
02-10-2016, 10:34 AM
Seems that the name Amelia has two different origins, Latin and Arabic.

The meaning of the name Amelia is Trustworthy, beautiful

Name Amelia In Arabic : عملية

"Am(i)liyyah"

Beautiful name anyways. Congratulations to you and your wife about the new daughter.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem
02-10-2016, 11:49 AM
Hi there. That is a nice name like from Treasure Planet's Captain Amelia. Masha Allah to you and your wife and whole family. Barakallahu Feek. :)

Abdul989
02-10-2016, 08:36 PM
Thanks for your lovely response everyone inshallah we are going to name her Amelia.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.