/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sultan Abdul Hamid II

strivingobserver98
02-10-2016, 08:50 PM
Today marks the day that Sultan Abdul Majid II of the Uthamani Khilfah died, rahimahullah in 1918 - the last great Khalif.

Imagine from the time of Rasullallah (saw) and then Abu Bakr (ra), the first Khalif of Allah to Abdul Majid, the last great Khalif of Allah, there was an unbroken chain of Khalifs, leaders of faithful for more than 1300 years. This chain was of course broken with the dismantling of the Uthmani Khilfah in 1922 and the Muslim world has been in disarray ever since - to use a few phrase, like a "headless chicken" until such time that Allah restores the age of Khalifs once again inshaAllah.

Sultan Abdul Majid is best remembered for his response to the accursed founding father of Zionism, Theodore Herzl. Between 1896-1901, Herzl sought to court the Sultan in gaining the land of Palestine to establish it as a Jewish State. He tried to bargain with him offering to pay the huge debts of the Ottoman Empire in return for the land of Palestine. Sultan Abdul Majid's response was one which Muslim leaders can learn much from because this was not a time that the Ottomans were in a state of power but rather a state of abject weakness and yet his response was full of dignity and honour when he said:

“Advise Dr. Herzl not to take any further steps in his project. I cannot give away a handful of the soil of this land of Palestine for it is not mine to give; it belongs to the Muslim Ummah who have fought for the sake of this land and watered it with their blood. The Jews may keep their millions; if the Islamic Caliphate is one day destroyed then they would be able to take Palestine without a price. While I am alive however, I would rather push a sword into my body than see the land of Palestine is taken away from the Islamic State. This will never happen. I will not start cutting our bodies while we are alive” (The Diary of Theodore Herzl, Vol.I, Page 378-379).

How we miss a head like this. May Allah's mercy be on the Sultan and may He grant him jannah.

Source: Brother Zhill Abd Rahman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
02-10-2016, 10:00 PM
More like king abdul mecid ii of the ottoman hereditary dynasty.

Left to right: Princess Dürrühsehvar, Princess of*Berar; Caliph Abdulmecid II of the*Ottoman Empire, and*Nawab Azam Jah, Prince of*Berar.

Princess Durru Shehvar

Born: 26 January 1914 Çamlıca Palace,*Üsküdar,*Istanbul,*Ottoman Empire

Died: 7 February 2006*(aged*92) London,*England, UK

Spouse: Azam Jah

Issue: Prince Mukarram Jah, Muffakham Jah

Full name: Khadija Hayriya Aisha Durr-i-Shahvar

House: House of Osman*(by birth)FatherAbdülmecid II

Mother: Atiyye Mihisti Kadın Efendi

Princess Durru Shehvar*(Ottoman Turkish:*خدیجہ خیریہ عائشہ در شہوار‎;*Turkish:*Hatice Hayriye Ayşe Dürrüşehvar Sultan; 26 January 1914 – 7 February 2006) was the daughter of*Abdülmecid II*of the*Ottoman dynasty, who was the last*heir apparent*to the Imperial Ottoman throne and the last*Caliph*of the*Muslim world. She held the titles of Princess of*Berar*through marriage, and Imperial Princess of the*Ottoman Empire*by birth before the*monarchy's abolition*in 1922.

Born: 22 February 1907

Died: 7 October 1970*(aged*63)

Spouse: Princess Durru Shehvar*of the Ottoman Empire

Issue: Mukarram Jah, Muffakham Jah

Full name: Sahebzada Mir Himayat Ali Khan Azam Jah

House: House of Asaf Jah

Father: Osman Ali Khan

Mother: Sahebzadi Azam unnisa Begum

Azam Jah, Damat Walashan Sahebzada*Nawab*Sir*Mir*Himayat Ali Khan Bahadur Bey Effendi*(Urdu:*اعظم جاہ داماد والاشان صاحب زادہ نواب سر میر حمایت علی خان بہادر بے آفندی‎) (21/22 February 1907 - 9 October 1970) was the eldest son of the seventh and last*Nizam*of*Hyderabad,*Mir Osman Ali Khan*Asif Jah VII;
In 1936 he was given the courtesy title of*Prince*of*Berar - a territory of the Nizam then leased in perpetuity to the*British*and administered by them.

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-11-2016, 09:44 AM
The article is not correct in two matters, potentially a 3rd.

First of all the line of the khilafah ruling system was broken for 3 years during the invasion of the Mongols, who murdered the khalifa and his son, and it was three years before the khilafah was reestablished.

2nd of all, it is not true that the ottomans would not hand over a handspan of the Muslim lands, as they had been doing so for many years, including in Liyba only a few years before his rule ended, hanging over the libyans to italian persecution of the worst kind.

The last matter is more problematic... is it a true khilafah if they are not ruling by Allaah's law? by that I mean the Turkish sultans had for decades before then changed many of their laws to bring them more into line with western european models of laws and customs with the Tanzimat reforms changing the shariah out of all recognition, and some people have no problem calling out Muslim countries today for not following shariah in some matters, some how make excuses for Turkish sultans who were worse.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.