/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Makkah & Madinah

*charisma*
02-11-2016, 12:17 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

Alhemdulilah Allah has given me the great blessing of completing my first Umrah a couple of days ago!! I'm currently creating this post from Madinah al Munawara...Masjid al Nabawi is only a few blocks away from me :D :D It was really emotional for me, but May allah accept it from everyone who went!

Oh, and I also got to taste the infamous Al-Baik chicken.

I just want to say, if you're a fatso like me and want to complete Umrah or even Hajj Inshallah, please get in shape because even though I was able to complete Umrah, I can only imagine how difficult it would be with even more people, in the hot weather, and the longer journey just to get to the Haram during Hajj. It was a beautiful experience none the less, and I can't wait to do Hajj...it's such a motivation to actually start working out now so that one day I am able to complete it. Mashallah there were old men and women there who had more energy than I did! Really put me to shame :X

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-11-2016, 11:32 AM
:wa:

Wow great news Masha Allah :).

Never heard of Al Baik chicken. Is that the food over there? :O

I would love to stay over there for a month or so, one day :ia:.

May Allah bless you with more opportunities to visit the Sacred House, ameen.

emem
02-11-2016, 12:34 PM
Wow. My dream one day I will go with myself or better with my family to Mecca to offer pilgrimage. I would certainly love that to complete the 5 pillars of Islam. :D

*charisma*
02-11-2016, 04:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
:wa:

Wow great news Masha Allah :).

Never heard of Al Baik chicken. Is that the food over there? :O

I would love to stay over there for a month or so, one day :ia:.

May Allah bless you with more opportunities to visit the Sacred House, ameen.

There are many people who just stay there for a while doing worship Mashallah. These past few days I saw a lot of brothers and sisters mostly from Turkey, Egypt, and Pakistan, and fewer from other nationalities. The weather was really beautiful as well! There was a very nice breeze that kept us from feeling hot or tired. I will try to share pictures later :)

Al Baik is apparently the famous broasted chicken fast food chain that people who perform Hajj or Umrah come to know about because of it's limited locations. It began with only one branch in Jeddah and has extended into other locations in the Western side of KSA (ie. Madinah, Taif, Yanbu), and can only be found in these places. In Madinah there is a line of people extending around the restaurant waiting for their chicken, and it's also very popular around Hajj as well.

In 1998 ALBAIK was invited by the Kingdom’s government to serve the pilgrims at the holy site of Mina during the Hajj season and has been doing so to date. Since then the Hajj operation has been designated as a not-for-profit operation providing the highest quality of food at the best value possible to the pilgrims.

Allahuma ameen to your du'a! Same to you inshallah!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
02-12-2016, 04:41 PM
Looking forward to your pics :).

format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
not-for-profit operation providing the highest quality of food at the best value possible to the pilgrims.
Wow the place looks packed, :ma: I like that they are non profit.

Googled a pic of it. Looks so tasty!

Imagine how busy it would be during the hajj season :O.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.