/* */

PDA

View Full Version : crystal new member

crissy
02-11-2016, 08:05 AM
Hello, my name is crystal, I have been looking into Islam for the last yr, and find myself more and more interested. I have not yet converted as i am stuck between family and relgion. The only problem I have is not having any Muslim friends to talk with and ask questions. In search of friends who can possibly teach me new things about Islam and maybe help me out with a few words. Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-11-2016, 08:10 AM
Hi Crystal. Nice name :).

Welcome to IB!

Any questions/thoughts feel free to post a thread.

Plenty of sisters here alhamdulilah to give you friendship and support :ia:.

crissy
02-11-2016, 08:15 AM
Thanks so much

sister herb
02-11-2016, 08:46 AM
Hello Crystal

Welcome to forum. Feel free to ask if you like to know more about Islam. Hopely you will enjoy your stay with us.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GINGERBEARDMAN
02-11-2016, 09:03 AM
I was going to post a link to 'Turning Muslim in Texas' which I listened to years and years ago, and you just reminded me of it but not posted enough posts myself to have permission to post links, so just search for it on youtube.

At the end of the day, all new Muslims face this choice, either upset their family or keep displeasing Allaah. For some it's an easy choice because their family are more open and accepting, for some it's very hard, but we are only here for a temporary period of time in this life, so the decision should be easy when weighed up in that way.

If you actually feel you will face real persecution (not just them being upset and argumentative with you), then like many of the early Muslims you can keep your new faith a secret and practice as best you can until you can move somewhere where you can practice your religion safely.

greenhill
02-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Welcome to the forum.

This is the place, if Allah Wills it, that you will find interesting to browse and learn and make internet friends.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

lonewolf007
02-11-2016, 01:55 PM
Hey crystal hope you're well and welcome to the forum, it's a great place and the members are cool and friendly and please feel free to ask any questions you may have about Islam, we'll try our best to help you :statisfie

crimsontide06
02-11-2016, 02:16 PM
Welcome; this is a good booklet to read http://mccmd.org/wp-content/uploads/...1/islam-is.pdf

Some good speakers to listen to; Yasmin Mogahed, Nouman Ali Khan, Omar Suleiman, & Abdul Nasir Jangda.

http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...ons-islam.html

eesa the kiwi
02-12-2016, 12:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crissy
Hello, my name is crystal, I have been looking into Islam for the last yr, and find myself more and more interested. I have not yet converted as i am stuck between family and relgion. The only problem I have is not having any Muslim friends to talk with and ask questions. In search of friends who can possibly teach me new things about Islam and maybe help me out with a few words. Thanks
hi crystal, inshaallah you will find this site beneficial but i also recommend this site
www.islamreligion.com alhamdulilah they have a lot of helpful articles and a live q&a chat for you to ask questions

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-16-2016, 10:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
hi crystal, inshaallah you will find this site beneficial but i also recommend this site ...
alhamdulilah they have a lot of helpful articles and a live q&a chat for you to ask questions
side issue, but remember I had a new Muslim contact me few years ago from New zealand, we really struggled finding him help, do you have any good links with islamic organizations down there?

azc
02-16-2016, 10:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crissy
sis, welcome to IB. Feel free to ask any Q and hope you'll see all the members amiable and co-operative. Sisters are here as good friends

eesa the kiwi
02-16-2016, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by GINGERBEARDMAN
side issue, but remember I had a new Muslim contact me few years ago from New zealand, we really struggled finding him help, do you have any good links with islamic organizations down there?

in my city at least we do, got something called the new muslim project where they pair the new reverts with someone in a buddy system
not sure about other cities tho

Kiro
02-16-2016, 11:26 PM
hey cry

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.