/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do you wear a taweez?

taweezproject
02-14-2016, 11:37 AM
DO YOU WEAR A TAWEEZ?

HAVE YOU EVER WONDERED WHAT'S WRITTEN INSIDE?
TAKE THE
#TAWEEZCHALLENGE & OPEN YOURS TODAY!

CHECK OUT OUR FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM PAGES TO SEE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE HAVE FOUND INSIDE THEIRS...

BE PREPARED TO BE SHOCKED!

FACEBOOK/taweezproject

INSTAGRAM/taweezproject

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
02-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Is it sure this is allowed in Islam? I have heard that some scholars say that amulets (taweez?) are not halal.

^o)

Faithbox
02-14-2016, 12:25 PM
I agree with the comment above.
Pray for protection, dont use items counting on them to protect you.

Scimitar
02-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Taweez is pure and blatant shirk

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lonewolf007
02-14-2016, 12:50 PM
Nope I don't wear one alhumdulillah and have every intention to stay away from it

BilalKid
02-14-2016, 01:02 PM
this shirk?? ^o)

Scimitar
02-14-2016, 01:06 PM
Do you realise you ask a dumb question?

DO you know what is inside that talisman?

DO you think I have xray vision?

DO you think I can reach thru a PC monitor screen and grab the talisman and open it?

:D

Fomr a better question.

For example - "why is this shirk?"

Scimi

BilalKid
02-14-2016, 01:07 PM
;D;D

format_quote Originally Posted by Timi Scar
For example - "why is this shirk?"
yes :Emoji43::Emoji43:

Scimitar
02-14-2016, 01:10 PM
I made a video years ago for the Wake Up Project members...

they were attributing global disaster to a comet called "elenin"... in that forum I tried til I was blue in the face to convince them that they are engaging in shirk by attributing disaster to a comet.

Did they listen?

No

In the end I left the forum to make this short video.

After that, the forum did a U-turn and that thread died, Alhamdulillah

Scimi

Abz2000
02-14-2016, 01:26 PM
Some dude musta heard the people that wear crosses saying that it wards off vampires and evil spirits when you flash it like liono's badge in thundercats and such so they decided they'd make up some similar nonsense.

“Allah's Messenger (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said:
'You will indeed follow the ways of those before you, hand span by hand span, and an arms length after another. Even if they enter into a lizard’s hole, you will follow them’
We (the Sahaba) asked, ‘Is it the Jews and the Christians?’
He replied, ‘Who else!’”
[Bukhari]

There is something amazing in these weird superstitions though, many people in the west would also stick iron horseshoes on their doors with the assumption that it would also ward off evil spirits and such, now we find that iron is positive and arsenic is negative, so iron attracts the arseenic and clings to it, so people who lack natural iron in their deep tube well layers get about five kg of iron nails and dump it at the top of their bio-sand water filters to hold the arsenic content.
the arsenic is an evil spirit. :)

Faithbox
02-14-2016, 01:53 PM
Open youtube and connect your computer to your speakes and play surat al bakarah should work aswell

azc
02-14-2016, 02:17 PM
Taweez is pure and blatant shirk
you mean every taweez is shirk, even which contains quranic verses?

taweezproject
02-14-2016, 02:24 PM
:: WHAT DID THE PROPHET (PEACE BE UPON HIM) SAY ABOUT WEARING TAWEEZ (AMULETS)? ::
‘Whoever wears an amulet has committed SHIRK.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 16969)
“Whoever wears an amulet, may Allaah NOT fulfil his need...”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 16951)

sister herb
02-14-2016, 02:28 PM
Is your project´s aim to warn people not to use amulets or encourage them to use them? You should specify it better in your the first post.

azc
02-14-2016, 03:12 PM
Al-Hafiz Ibn Taymiyyah said in hisFatawa(19:64): “It is permissible to write for the one afflicted [with the evil eye] and others of the sick something from the Book of Allah and His dhikr with permissible ink, and wash [the ink off the paper] and give it to drink, as Ahmad and others have explicated. ‘Abdullah ibn Ahmad said: ‘I read unto my father: Ya’la ibn ‘Ubayd narrated to us: Sufyan narrated to us: from Muhammad ibn Abi Layla: from al-Hakam: from Sa’id ibn Jubayr: from Ibn ‘Abbas (Allah be pleased with him): he said: When labour becomes difficult for a woman one should write:‘In Allah’s name, there is no god but Allah, the Clement the Honourable. Glory to Allah Lord of the Magnificent Throne. All praise to Allah Lord of the Worlds.On the day when they behold it, it will be as if they had but tarried for an evening or the morn thereof (79:46), On the day when they behold what they were promised, it will be as if they had but tarried for an hour of a day, A clear message. Shall any be destroyed save evil-living folk?(46:35)’“My father said: ‘Aswad ibn ‘Amir narrated to us with his chain [of narration] the same thing and he said: one writes [the ta’widh] in a clean vessel and gives it to drink’. My father said: ‘and Waki’ added in his narration: she is given to drink [from it] and it is sprinkled below her navel. ‘Abdullah said: I saw my father writing [ata’widh] for a woman on a cup or something clean.'”Ibn Taymiyyah (Allah have mercy on him) then transmitted this narration of Ibn ‘Abbas through another route, and he said at the end of it: “‘Ali (meaning Ibn al-Hasan, the nephew of the narrator of this narration) said: ‘one writes [theta’widh] on paper and ties it around the upper arm of a woman’. ‘Ali said: ‘indeed we tried this and did not see anything more remarkable than it. When she delivered, it was quickly disposed of, by subsequently shredding it or burning it.'”Hafiz Ibn Al Qayyim has mentioned that it is permissible for one to write verses and duas with saffron in a clean plate, or clean paper, then it should be washed for the patient to drink the washing. (Zaadul-Ma’ad).Shaikh Abdul Aziz bin Abdullah bin Baz, while referring to this says ‘there is no harm in that’ (Fatawa Islamiyah vol.1 pg. 50) ''Whilst doing ghusl they saw Ibn taymiyyah had a taweez (thread) around his neck, he had nits so the taweez was to protect him from them (lice). That taweez was then auctioned, it was sold for 150 dirhams'' (al Bidaya wal Nihaya)''It is said he had lice so he was wearing a mercury thread around his neck. That was then auctioned, it was sold for 150 dirhams.'' [Al-'Uqood ad-Durriyah min Manaaqib Shaikhil-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah]

Abz2000
02-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Allah sent down the Quran as guidance to mankind, not as a burden or a millstone to hang around one's neck, i heard that a time will come when there will be people who chant the Quran as if singing a lullaby but it will not pass beyond their throats and into their hearts, and indeed, we live in a time where many chant it with beautiful qiraat for blessings and are completely ignorant as to the most basic commands contained within it, telling them to read it in their own tongue or learn Arabic falls on deaf ears because they either think they won't get the same rewards, or they think that it's too advanced for them.
When reading the Quran however, one sees clear and simple speech and advice that even a child can usually comprehend to at least the best of their intellect.
What about a time when their are people who walk around with unreadable wax sealed shreds of it in a metal container like a donkey carrying scrolls?
i asked the local imam at our village mosque who happened to charge a "reasonable" sum for such services and he quickly gave me the standard: "wa nunazzila minal Quraani maa hua shifaa-un wa rahmatan lil mu-mineen" line, i asked him if the shifaa was in comprehending and attempting to advance character and a healing for the diseases of the heart or walking around like those who say "our hearts are sealed, we need no more," and why didn't he just tell them to buy those complete miniature unintelligable qurans that you can always find in stores around major shrines and then get complete shifa and save himself the trouble? he began to blush sitting right across from me and give the impression that he was trying to get through to someoneone his mobile phone and that it wasn't answering, i waited for a few minutes so that he could finish but felt so uncomfortable at the way he was blushing and squirming so i gave salam and told him we'd discuss it another time inshaAllah, when i heard that he was still doing it, i built a small mosque next to my house and did jumu'ah and salah from there.
sad.

Hey i got a bad business idea, why not forget tea stalls and bottled water and just drink quran ink, who needs to read it and follow it when you can just ingest parker or quink ink and become walking Qurans (?!) We can even set up quran drinking competitions for the kids and forget about qiraat and fiqh competitions too!

His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head*were*many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 19:12-13

What did Jesus mean when He said we must "eat His flesh and drink His blood"?

exegesis*protestantism*communion gospel-of-john*passover

In John 6, Jesus states that unless we eat His flesh and drink His blood, we have no life in us:Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth,*unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you.*Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day. For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in him. Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your forefathers ate manna and died, but he who feeds on this bread will live forever. (John 6:53-58 NIV)
There is great depth to those words and i'm pretty certain that most of the disciples comprehended and understood them, but there were those who couldn't comprehend and/or didn't want to under stand, so they decided to literally OVER stand them.

Eat the paper or vessel that it was written on too, then you'll get to eat the flesh of the Word of God with the drink in one happy meal, of course, after you're satisfied in the false idea that you've desecrated and tortured the word of God and had all your sins forgiven as a result and are walking around with the torture device on your neck like a trophy, become walking Words of God with ink poisoning like the people before you became walking words of God with intoxicating fermented grapes of wrath, for know ye not that unless the Word of God be in you, ye be a lost people?

.....I certainly did not know that when I underwent communion in my religious days. It sounds so innocent and benign; "Communion" imparts the concept of sharing thoughts and feelings, or so I thought. Oh how the priests fooled me. They used other obscure terms too, like "Eucharist" and "Sacrament of the Last Supper." At no time did a priest or deacon explain to me that I would share in the communal eating of the human flesh and blood of Jesus.......

.....Not only did I drink blood and eat flesh, but they made me do it in front of a statue of a bloody corpse hanging by nails on two pieces of lumber, a representation of the human whom I had just eaten.......

http://www.nobeliefs.com/communion/communion.htm
CANNIBAL:A person who eats the flesh of human beings.

VAMPIRE:
A*vampire*is a being from*folklore*who subsists by feeding on the life essence (generally in the form of blood) of living creatures.*
Undead*beings, vampires often visited loved ones and caused mischief or deaths in the neighbourhoods they inhabited when they were alive.

azc
02-14-2016, 05:44 PM
Abu Dawud transmitted (no. 3883) from Zaynab the wife of ‘Abdullah: from ‘Abdullah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him): he said: “I heard Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and grant him peace) say: ‘Indeed ruqyahs (incantations), tama’im (amulets) and tawlah (potions) are shirk.'”However, the complete [wording] of this hadith contains what would refute this line of reasoning, for it mentions: Zaynab said: “I asked: Why do you say this? By Allah, when my eye was discharging I used to visit a certain Jew who applied aruqyah on me. When he applied the ruqyah on me, it calmed down.” ‘Abdullah said: “Indeed that is but the work of shaytan, he picked the eye with his hand, and when the Jew applied the ruqyah, he desisted. It is enough for you to say as Allah’s Messenger (Allah bless him and grant him peace) would say:‘Remove the harm, Lord of men and heal. Thou art the Healer. There is no remedy but Thine which leaves no disease behind.'”This hadith clearly proves that the ruqyah that is prohibited in the hadith is only the ruqyah of the people of shirk who would seek help from the shaytans and others. As regards to ruqyah in which there is no shirk, it is permissible and is established from the Prophet (Allah bless him and grant him peace) in numerous hadiths. The same is the case with tama’im, which is the plural of tamimah, and these were stones the Arabs would hang on their children, believing that they have efficacy in themselves. Al-Shawkani said while commenting on the hadith of Abu Dawud in Nayl al-Awtar(8:177): “He included these three in [acts of] shirk due to their belief that they have efficacy in themselves.”Ibn ‘Abidin said in Radd al-Muhtar (6:363): “In al-Shalbi [it is narrated from] from Ibn al-Athir: tama’im is the plural of tamimah, and they are stones which the Arabs would hang on their children to protect them from the evil eye in [accordance] with their belief, so Islam abolished it … because they believed that it is the complete treatment and cure, rather they made it an associate [with Allah], because they intended thereby to repel the destinies written for them and sought from other than Allah Most High to repel harm while He [alone] repels [harm].”By this it becomes evident that the tama’im that are prohibited have no relation to ta’widhs that are written containing verses of the Qur’an or some form of dhikr, since that is permissible according to the majority of the jurists of the Ummah. Rather some ‘ulama have recommended them when they are done using the transmitted dhikrs (al-adhkar al-ma’thurah), as al-Shawkani transmitted from them inal-Nayl. And Allah knows best.Takmilah Fath al-Mulhim, Vol 4 pp. 276-8

Abz2000
02-14-2016, 05:51 PM
So why not stick a whole miniature Quran on your neck rather than pay bucks to those people who do all this cloak and dagger stuff just for a few encrypted verses? And how can you call it Quran if you can't read/recite it? Quran comes from qara-a which means he/she read/recited.

azc
02-14-2016, 06:22 PM
I don't wear taweez though but I find it permissible.

Kiro
02-14-2016, 06:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
Why do you think it is permissible?

taweezproject
02-14-2016, 06:53 PM
To warn people against it

check our facebook page for more details...

sister herb
02-14-2016, 06:55 PM
If you found it´s permissible, please share the source with us.

Abz2000
02-14-2016, 07:02 PM
I wasn't speaking directly at you or any other person or group in general azc, i was addressing the intellects of those who do use and believe in the use of such means never used or recommended by the Prophet pbuh who rather advised hat the easiest rewards are for those who refrain from charms and omens.
on a side note, i just remembered this funny clip from back in the days, i'm sure it will enlighten, i live in a country where most people avoid using charms, but a small minority do, and of those there are some Muslims who go to hindu charmers and claim that their amulets work, and some hindus who go to Muslim charmers and claim that their amulets work.

azc
02-14-2016, 07:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Why do you think it is permissible?
plz see post #15, 17

Scimitar
02-18-2016, 01:31 PM
you mean every taweez is shirk, even which contains quranic verses?
it's not as simple as that.

And I do not want to write something which can teach people magic.

azc
02-18-2016, 02:24 PM
it's not as simple as that.And I do not want to write something which can teach people magic.
I think ever Muslim knows that magic is prohibited in Islam

Scimitar
02-19-2016, 04:22 AM
Every taweez is haraam, basically.

If you can utter the words (Qur'an), then believe in them - you don't need to wear them because to do so would be to show your faith is non existent and you hold onto taweez like a crutch.

Taweez is shirk for reasons a given by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, for further details consult yo' Imam at yo' local masjid.

Scimi

azc
02-19-2016, 06:10 AM
Every taweez is haraam, basically.If you can utter the words (Qur'an), then believe in them - you don't need to wear them because to do so would be to show your faith is non existent and you hold onto taweez like a crutch.Taweez is shirk for reasons a given by the Prophet Muhammad pbuh, for further details consult yo' Imam at yo' local masjid.Scimi
Alhamdulillah, I know the detail of this issue and what the scholars say in their books I've read.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.