/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Child asked mom a simple question

Muslim Woman
02-14-2016, 04:03 PM
:sl:

12743753 1110818858948672 6311756936376405121 n?oh561fd09371945accf2be0822013eb290&ampoe5762AB6D -

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-14-2016, 04:12 PM
What to say?

:hiding:

Serinity
02-14-2016, 05:39 PM
"well she isn't a kidnapper"

BlueOwl358
02-14-2016, 05:57 PM
Because the maid couldn't carry a child with her that far away without him screaming?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeTheChange
02-14-2016, 06:33 PM
Children's words are golden sometimes.

Alhamdulilah.

MuslimInshallah
02-14-2016, 07:22 PM
Assalaamu alaikum,

Mmm... who has maids anymore?!

This dialogue is shocking to me. Why is the mother slandering and speaking so disrespectfully of the person who is looking after her child? And expressing this so coarsely to her child- the one that the childcare provider is teaching and caring for?! And I don't know anyone who has a "maid". Even the term is demeaning. It suggests lesser status and servanthood.

In Canada, the wealthy may have nannies to care for their children, but this is not common. Most children who are not looked after by family members or friends, are in daycare. As far as I know, nannies are expected to have a certain level of professionalism. And as a working person, deserve the same kind of respect as other working people.

I personally believe that family members are generally the best to raise a child. But this cartoon... is strange and unpleasant to me.

May Allah, the Kind, have Mercy on those who are weak and mistreated by those more powerful.

Muslim Woman
02-15-2016, 04:56 AM
:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

it's common in my country Bangladesh . Baby care centers are expensive and not available everywhere. It's cheap to hire full/ part time maids . So , the working mothers who don't like to stay in joint family must hire maids .

Abz2000
02-15-2016, 05:43 AM
Because i have the reassurance inshaAllah that the maid isn't evil enough to harm you, and you have a shrill voice like the magic harp of the giant in jack and the beanstalk and can always shout and tell me any problems, but she might find it easier in her mind to justify her action of meddling with my purse or jewellery because she has had a hard life and they don't have voices like you and the giant's harp. So don't make her feel distrusted because we don't have any reason to wonder if she's a thief but make sure you're a responsible watcher in my place and to tell me if she is nasty or nice towards and tell me if you see her try to pocket anything, be very kind to her and inshaAllah if she proves to be trustworthy and we have the resources next eid, we'll buy her a rickshaw to rent out so she struggles financially less :)

That's the route i'd go with my kids, but i sacked ours because she used to badmouth the Islamic groups to my wife despite knowing i was risking my life supporting them while britain and america's fav option in the the region was hanging respected 70 year old islamic intellectuals, shooting people on the streets for non-violently protesting, arresting and imprisoning 80 year old bookshop owners for stone throwing and vandalismand with even the police coming with beat down faces and begging forgiveness while cuffing them and hauling them away, british trained elite squads throwng elderly activist leaders off roofs (before the term "isis" existed). 2012-13 before the fallacious "re-election"
The driver's wife came in to help one day and the missuses bracelet disappeared so now she doesn't ask anyone for help :(
You may be thinking: "lazy a-holes" but five kids under ten coming in dusty every day, no washing machine or dishwasher, a trustworthy helping hand can go a long way. But Alhamdulillah. My mom managed seven with neither of the two amenities though that was in the 70s and 80s.

ardianto
02-16-2016, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

This dialogue is shocking to me. Why is the mother slandering and speaking so disrespectfully of the person who is looking after her child? And expressing this so coarsely to her child- the one that the childcare provider is teaching and caring for?! And I don't know anyone who has a "maid". Even the term is demeaning. It suggests lesser status and servanthood.

In Canada, the wealthy may have nannies to care for their children, but this is not common. Most children who are not looked after by family members or friends, are in daycare. As far as I know, nannies are expected to have a certain level of professionalism. And as a working person, deserve the same kind of respect as other working people.

I personally believe that family members are generally the best to raise a child. But this cartoon... is strange and unpleasant to me.

May Allah, the Kind, have Mercy on those who are weak and mistreated by those more powerful.
Assalamualaikum, sister.

I was coming from wealthy family, and like other wealthy families, my family always employed maid. But how the maid be treated in my family?.

To be honest, when I was young sometime I was scolded by my mother because I chose to sit on the floor when I talked with my family maid. My mother scolded me because she regard it's not appropriate if a maid sit equally high with the master. My mother indeed, never allow the maid to sit on chair when talk with her or when in the same room, but must sit lower, on the floor.

I was born in Javanese family which my mother was coming from high class in old feudal era, and she still held feudal values strictly which high class always look down on lower class and treat lower class not with respect. Frankly, I often felt uncomfortable with it, especially because my Islamic teacher always remind me to treat my maid respectfully.

But my father was different. Although he was Javanese, he was coming from area where considered as 'outside' which its people did not hold feudal values strictly. He always treated our maid respectfully, even he always scolded me if I treated our maid or poor people not with respect. My father also never hesitate to sit on the floor when he was talking with people from lower social status.

Alhamdulillah, later my mother began to changed after she active in Qur'an recitation group. I noticed she started to treat our maid respectfully. Even I have ever seen she allowed our maid to sit on chair when talking with her. That's happened just few years before she passed away.

Alhamdulillah, Islam made my mother became the better person. :)

azc
02-16-2016, 07:02 PM
This problem will be solved if she takes a sack instead of her purse.Poor woman! She'll have to carry him on her back.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.