/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New, hoping to convert!

Hans Thompson
02-14-2016, 11:23 PM
Hi there! I'm a 15 year old who lives in the state of Colorado. I am very interested in the Islam religion and I want to convert. I have heard a little bit about it. From what I know, it is peace and love and unity. If I am wrong please correct me. And I know that the radicals think they are right, but you know the truth. Also, I would love to learn a few basic terms to speak with everyone here and what not. Do I have to get anything specific to pray? If so, please tell me. Thank you! :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
crimsontide06
02-14-2016, 11:27 PM
Here is a pdf booklet to read http://mccmd.org/wp-content/uploads/...1/islam-is.pdf

Welcome to the forum!

strivingobserver98
02-14-2016, 11:53 PM
Hi Hans welcome the forum :).

format_quote Originally Posted by Hans Thompson
Also, I would love to learn a few basic terms to speak with everyone here and what not.
Here is a thread with all the basic terms for you to learn :).

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...mic-terms.html

Do I have to get anything specific to pray?
Conditions before Engaging in Prayer

1. Removing physical impurity and ritual impurity
2.Covering the intimate parts of the body (‛awrah)
3.Facing the qiblah
4.When its Appointed time Becomes Due

See this link for more details on each condition: http://www.newmuslimguide.com/en/you.../142#section-2

lonewolf007
02-15-2016, 12:17 AM
Hi hans welcome to the forum, I hope you find what you're looking for insha'Allah (God willing). theres many reverts on here and we have a revert thread on how they came to Islam, you might find it beneficial. Also don't get overwhelmed by the information that you come across and just take it slow :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Search
02-15-2016, 12:23 AM
:bism:

Welcome to the board, young bro!

Hey, 15! Awesomeness! Man, I'd love to visit Colorado, especially the mountains! (Wistful). As a fellow American, hi!

You'll find a lot of reverts here on IB - so, you'll fit right in, buddy! And as far as what the radicals say are concerned, please ignore extremists of any side.

I'm sure other members will here help you more with the praying side! I think bro @فرحان has like a little leaflet image thingy which shows the way to pray which should be easy for you! If you have any questions, bro, just ask, cause we'll be happy to help ya!

Wishing you health and happiness,

Hi there! I'm a 15 year old who lives in the state of Colorado. I am very interested in the Islam religion and I want to convert. I have heard a little bit about it. From what I know, it is peace and love and unity. If I am wrong please correct me. And I know that the radicals think they are right, but you know the truth. Also, I would love to learn a few basic terms to speak with everyone here and what not. Do I have to get anything specific to pray? If so, please tell me. Thank you! :D

strivingobserver98
02-15-2016, 12:33 AM
Here is the leaflet thingy Sister @Search mentioned :)

http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...t-praying.html

Abz2000
02-15-2016, 07:42 AM
May Allah guide you, radical means those who have separated from the main body and have anarchistic tendencies, and it is indeed the infidels that have done so in the kingdom of God Who owns and runs this universe
Accept Islam with sincerity and you'll join the main body, be hopeful of God's grace, and will hopefully be saved from hell - simple as that, it is not a club where every number no matter how useless or false is considered a positive statistic to be displayed to the world as an enlargement of a gang.

Muslims are going through difficult times so if any person comes under false pretences pretending to be interested while secretly trying to make them more image conscious and loveable cuddly pets that smile like gandhi as they and their families are bombed and maimed every day, such pretenders are kindly advised to go take a hike very far away from Muslims because things might get very ugly soon and patience has it's limitations.

I hope and pray that i have been truthful to God in my portrayal and presentation and am not playing the role of a pushy deceiving salesman of a cheap item.
Peace be to those who follow the guidance of Allah with sincerity and to the best of their ability.

greenhill
02-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Wishing you a great stay. There are many threads available that answers your related questions.. do browse the archives...

:peace:

sister herb
02-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Welcome to forum

Hopely you will find this place beneficial for you and get many new advices and help. We have many reverts here - including me.

Insaanah
02-15-2016, 07:35 PM
I am very interested in the Islam religion and I want to convert. I have heard a little bit about it.
Greetings Hans, and a warm welcome to the forum.

There is a very brief overview of some of the main Islamic beliefs here, in case it helps: http://www.leafletonislam.blogspot.c...t-leaflet.html

Apologies if you already know that.

Please do ask any questions you have.

Peace.

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-16-2016, 10:45 AM
just seen your other thread, where you reverted, so guess you got your answers!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.