/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Housemate situation

Aliarkh123
02-15-2016, 06:08 PM
Assalamualaikum,

My name is Ali and I'm going to travel abroad for university. I am going to live in an apartment at a student accomodation. I will be having 6 housemates ( 4 males including me and 2 females). All the rooms are very private (each is accessed through the students card) and there are toilets in each room. The students will only be sharing the living room and the kitchen.

Now my question is will it be haram to live with the 2 females even though there is extensive privacy?

JazzakAllah Khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
hisnameiszzz
02-15-2016, 07:31 PM
I can't answer whether it is haraam or not, but what I can suggest is asking if they have male only accommodation. When I was at university, I noticed that all the male friends I made were in accommodation that was only for males. It is possible but I don't know if it is done everywhere.

My friend's son has just gone to university this year and he specified he only wanted to live with boys, and that was accepted.

Ridwaan Ravat
02-15-2016, 08:10 PM
Assalamualykum.

Respected brother,

It is totally unislaamic to share an apartment with strange females. I strongly suggest you find alternative accommodation and not even test yourself.

Jazakallah khair

Request duaas

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.