/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Prayer of the Prophet peace be upon him against the one who was beating his wife

Linkdeutscher
02-15-2016, 10:20 PM
Ali (RA) said: رَأَيْتُ امْرَأَةَ الْوَلِيدِ جَاءَتْ إِلَى النَّبِيِّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ تَشْكُو إِلَيْهِ زَوْجَهَا أَنَّهُ يَضْرِبُهَا ، فَقَالَ لَهَا : " اذْهَبِي فَقُولِي لَهُ : كَيْتَ وَكَيْتَ " . فَذَهَبَتْ ثُمَّ رَجَعَتْ ، فَقَالَتْ : إِنَّهُ عَادَ يَضْرِبُنِي ، فَقَالَ لَهَا : " اذْهَبِي فَقُولِي لَهُ : إِنَّ النَّبِيَّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَقُولُ لَكَ " , فَذَهَبَتْ ثُمَّ عَادَتْ , فَقَالَتْ : إِنَّهُ يَضْرِبُنِي فَقَالَ : " اذْهَبِي فَقُولِي لَهُ : كَيْتَ وَكَيْتَ " ، فَقَالَتْ : إِنَّهُ يَضْرِبُنِي فَرَفَعَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ يَدَهُ وَقَالَ : " اللَّهُمَّ عَلَيْكَ بِالْوَلِيدِ "

I saw the wife of Waleed bin Uqbah, she came to the prophet (peace be upon him), she was complaining about her husband that he beats her, so He (pbuh) said: go back! And tell him these things, she went, came back, and said, He is beating her again, so he said: go to him, and tell him that, “Verily the prophet is telling you (not to beat your wife) thus she went, and came back again, and said, He still beats me, so He (pbuh) said, go and tell him these things, she said, Certainly he beats me, so the messenger of Allah (pace be upon him) raised his hands and prayed (to Allah) saying, “O Allah! Punish Al-Waleed”

[Juzz al Rafayadayn al Bukhari no. 95, Shaykh Zubair Ali Zai said: Its chain is Hasan, translation taken from english Translation of Juzz by Raza Hasan no. 79]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.