/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How to pray during school?

Hans Thompson
02-16-2016, 11:09 PM
I want to do my 5 prayers a day, and my teachers don't know I am Muslim. I really want to do 5 prayers a day and I don't really have the time except for Fajr, Maghrib and on every night besides Wednesdays Isha.

I don't want to leave the classroom during the other prayer times because I am scared I will miss important sections of the lesson. How do I get around this struggle?

Thank you.

Allah baraka fiki :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Search
02-17-2016, 01:29 AM
:bism:

:sl:

That's great, bro, that you want to do your 5 prayers; please be sure to not overwhelm yourself, though I wish you the best. As your sister in Islam, I'm here to support you, and yet also concerned. I just want you to remember to be kind to yourself while also determining what is best for you: If doing 5 prayers a day to you this early in your Islam feels right, then Masha-Allah (as God-willed). Just know though that you're perfectly well within your rights to set a pace that feels right to your heart and mind; so, don't feel obliged to go at a pace if it doesn't feel right as your sincerity should only be to God and there is no right or wrong answer about the amount you should undertake as each individual is different.

Since the time of Zuhr lasts still Asr, and the time of Asr lasts till sunset, you are probably going to be able to pray Zuhr I imagine during the lunch period with ease In-sha-Allah (God-willing). Asr might be more tricky as it will probably fall during a classroom lesson in which case you can simply ask for a bathroom break which you'll probably need the break anyway to do your wudu (ablution) and then find a convenient corner to do your prayer.

That said, I do believe you'll find yourself in an easier position if you relay to your teacher about your conversion and the religion's requirement to now pray (and you don't want to specifically state the religion is Islam); that said, whether you do so or not is up to you, and I only want you to do what feels comfortable as you know your situation best and can better gauge any repercussions also.

Also, bro, if you are concerned about missing an important lesson during any time of teaching, I'd simply ask a fellow friend/acquaintance in the classroom that you trust to update you on anything missed during your break by passing a note if you can (if you believe your teacher might not feel umbrage about that occurrence) about ensuring that the person takes notes or relays whatever is said.

I hope that helps, bro. BarakAllahu feek (may Allah bless you). Take care of your self, bro.

Wishing you the best in your journey, as Islam is a journey,

:wa:

format_quote Originally Posted by Hans Thompson
I want to do my 5 prayers a day, and my teachers don't know I am Muslim. I really want to do 5 prayers a day and I don't really have the time except for Fajr, Maghrib and on every night besides Wednesdays Isha.

I don't want to leave the classroom during the other prayer times because I am scared I will miss important sections of the lesson. How do I get around this struggle?

Thank you.

Allah baraka fiki :)

Kiro
02-17-2016, 03:04 AM
You have lunch time for Zuhr and after school for Asr.

What you need to do is establish a praying room or spot to pray like it be a place behind a door. I guess ask for a free spot that you could use to pray from the teachers.

May Allah make it easy for you.

Hans Thompson
02-17-2016, 03:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Search
Asr might be more tricky as it will probably fall during a classroom lesson in which case you can simply ask for a bathroom break which you'll probably need the break anyway to do your wudu (ablution) and then find a convenient corner to do your prayer.
Actually, we get out at 2:55 every day besides Monday, when we get out at 2:05. On all days but Monday I am on the school bus during this time so I will most likely do Asr when I get home. :) Thank you for everything!

Allah baraka fiki!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
emem
02-17-2016, 11:37 AM
Help me please. Please answer my question that if you miss any prayer accidentally or unintentionally for any reason, can you still pray it later on? All the missed prayers? Will Allah(swt) still accept them? Thank you. May Allah(swt) bless us all.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.