/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A man marrying whilst he is in poverty

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-17-2016, 10:29 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...is-in-poverty/

ISLAM Q&A – THE HADEETH “WHOEVER AMONG YOU CAN AFFORD IT, LET HIM GET MARRIED” DOES NOT MEAN THAT ONE WHO IS POOR CANNOT GET MARRIED

In UK there are several students who are with out jobs so to avoid haram they need to get married. I have come across two hadiths which seem to be contradicting. The 1st hadith states “O young men, whoever among you can afford to get married, let him do so”. In the 2nd hadith The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) marries a woman to who seems to be a poor man so could you please elaborate on these 2 hadiths because it seems to be contradicting...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
greenhill
02-17-2016, 01:46 PM
There's no contradiction there. At least I don't see it.

Everything starts with the intention. A glass half filled is both half full and half empty.

Other matters may cause to cloud the issue until we lost our intentions or did it for the wrong intentions in the first place. Affordability is the state of being and the understanding between the couple. If they are compatible and share similar aspirations and have patience with tests, they will survive the relationship, if they don't, that is a different story.

The holy prophet (pbuh) and Khadija was such. He did question the same. She was wealthy and he had nothing. They made it work! So, no! It does not make it haram. But if the parties are unwilling due to the differences in lifestyles, then, it just becomes more impractical than haram.

My 2 cents worth.

:peace:

ardianto
02-19-2016, 06:11 PM
Some men who I know were poor when they got married. But Alhamdulillah, then their life improved.

By the way, I've ever made a thread to remind people to not afraid to get married just because they are poor.

http://www.islamicboard.com/family-s...haa-allah.html

Rapunzel
02-20-2016, 03:06 AM
السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

I don't think there's a contradiction in the two ahadeeth you mentioned either. In the first hadith the prophet (saws) doesn't state that someone who is poor can't marry. He only advices those who are financially capable marrying to do so. Wa Allaahou a'lam.

I often see people that have little, marry and end up having so much blessing in their money and in their marriage. Because they place their trust in Allaah (swt) and know that rizq comes from Him and Him alone.

Wa salam,
Rapunzel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Paprika
02-22-2016, 11:36 AM
being able to afford back in the day and today are 2 very different things, nowadays being able to afford means a car, house, well paying job, and 2 vacations a year, in those days it was a roof over your head made of straw, 2 pairs of clothes and a few dates and water once a day

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-25-2016, 08:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
being able to afford back in the day and today are 2 very different things, nowadays being able to afford means a car, house, well paying job, and 2 vacations a year, in those days it was a roof over your head made of straw, 2 pairs of clothes and a few dates and water once a day
sustenance is from Allaah, then and no.

and your classification of 'affording marriage' is well outside the islamic norm, don't confuse culture with islam.

azc
02-25-2016, 03:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
you mean one who doesn't have all this is a poor man?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.