/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sister with figure and makeup in the Masjid

strivingobserver98
02-17-2016, 04:41 PM
When you go to the Masjid and you see a sister with figure hugging clothes, full on makeup, nails done etc, don't for a moment think that you're better than her just because you wear the correct Jilbāb/Niqāb. Don't for a moment wonder why she's in the Masjid dressed up like that.

The Masjid does not belong to you. The Masjid is the House of Allāh. EVERYONE is welcome. Pious ones, sinners, those seeking repentance or looking for a sense of direction. Who are you to limit it to anyone?.

Rather than eyeballing that "modern" sister, remember this could be the first time she came to the Masjid. She could've been at some harām place but she chose to come to the House of Allāh for a reason. Or she could be a regular at the Masjid. Or maybe she comes from a jāhil (ignorant) family. I personally know sisters from born Muslim families whose parents have ripped up their jilbābs and skirts and mocked and ridiculed them for dressing too "modestly". Maybe she's a revert, a sister just beginning her journey to Islām. Maybe she hasn't even reverted yet but is learning about Islām & thinks this type of dressing is more befitting than being half naked. Or maybe the sister knows all the rulings of Hijāb but struggles in implementing them as she has weak Imān.

Get up, leave your gang of Hijābi/Niqābi sisters. Make this sister feel welcome. Advise her in the BEST manner. Not in front of everyone. Take her to a side so not to embarrass her and then advise her in private. Honour her. Don't humiliate her. Befriend her. Give her your number. Maybe all that sister needs is good company.

Remember Allāh may forgive her for her sins but He won't forgive you for arrogance. Do not fall into the trap of Shaytān and ever think your better than anyone.

Via Mariam Akhtar

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
02-17-2016, 05:46 PM
dont judge book by cover :shade:

Paprika
02-22-2016, 09:51 AM
It's cool if she's in the ladies section, if I can't be seeing, I can't be liking.

azc
02-22-2016, 11:37 AM
It was narrated that Umm Humayd the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I like to pray with you.” He said, “I know that you like to pray with me, but your prayer in your room is better for you than your prayer in your courtyard and your prayer in your courtyard is better for you than your praying in your house, and your prayer in your house is better for you than your prayer in the mosque of your people, and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better for you than your prayer in my mosque.” So she issued orders that a prayer-place be prepared for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she used to pray there until she met Allaah (i.e., died).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 26550).

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
02-22-2016, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It was narrated that Umm Humayd the wife of Abu Humayd al-Saa’idi came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said, “O Messenger of Allaah, I like to pray with you.” He said, “I know that you like to pray with me, but your prayer in your room is better for you than your prayer in your courtyard and your prayer in your courtyard is better for you than your praying in your house, and your prayer in your house is better for you than your prayer in the mosque of your people, and your prayer in the mosque of your people is better for you than your prayer in my mosque.” So she issued orders that a prayer-place be prepared for her in the furthest and darkest part of her house, and she used to pray there until she met Allaah (i.e., died).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 26550).
I found this confusing

azc
02-22-2016, 01:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
I found this confusing
https://islamqa.info/en/8868

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.