/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Some misconceptions about Islam, or questions. Pls answer.

Serinity
02-19-2016, 06:52 PM
:salam:

I've some questions, and I will get straight to it.

A. I sometimes, get the impression that Islam is 'cult-like', cause some verses says to "be ruthless to kafirs, and kind and merciful to your brothers, Muslims" but there is also verses that says to be kind to those who don't attack you on deen....

B. Should we really hate kafirs, personally, because of their religion????????

C. Are there terms such as 'innocents' in Islam, regarding kafirs?

D. Are we only allowed to be kind to Muslims, even if they are rude.. What about the kafirs, if they are rude, shouldn't we be the mature one?

E. Verse 7:179 says.. Any explanation? Why would Allah punish someone, when they were created for Hell?

I understood that, everyone is born a Muslim, with the ability to believe. But if one does not practice or excerise that ability to discern/believe in truth, one will lose it.. But this ayats makes it sound that they were born with blind hearts. etc. How is it fair?

Would Allah punish someone for being confused? Not knowing? Not finding the truth? Not being convinced?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
The-Deist
02-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Hmm similar to questions I might have...

Zafran
02-20-2016, 02:18 AM
A - Give examples.
B - Why would you hate a non Muslim? Didn't the prophet pray from the people in Taif and mecca.
C- Like not killing women and children etc.
D - Your meant to say "peace" and walk away from the ignorant.

E - Verse 182 answers your question.

They are not born with blind hearts - they Choose to follow the path of deviation.

God does what he wills and God is Just.

Serinity
02-20-2016, 11:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
A - Give examples.
B - Why would you hate a non Muslim? Didn't the prophet pray from the people in Taif and mecca.
C- Like not killing women and children etc.
D - Your meant to say "peace" and walk away from the ignorant.

E - Verse 182 answers your question.

They are not born with blind hearts - they Choose to follow the path of deviation.

God does what he wills and God is Just.
A -

Example:

O you who have believed, whoever of you should revert from his religion - Allah will bring forth [in place of them] a people He will love and who will love Him [who are] humble toward the believers, powerful against the disbelievers; they strive in the cause of Allah and do not fear the blame of a critic. That is the favor of Allah ; He bestows it upon whom He wills. And Allah is all-Encompassing and Knowing.

I just want to know.... Hatred and love for the sake of Allah...... Why should we hate people for their religion?

Allah does not forbid you from those who do not fight you because of religion and do not expel you from your homes - from being righteous toward them and acting justly toward them. Indeed, Allah loves those who act justly. 60:8

I just want to know. How should our relationship with kafirs be??

There is a verse, I can't remember what verse completely but somewhere along the lines of "You won't find amongst those who believe in Allah, His messenger, and the Last Day, showing affection to the disbelievers, having drown out the prophets, killed the believers"

So... My guess is, IF the kafirs show harshness against us, what should we do?

So:

A. We can not show affection, towards the disbelievers, but still be kind.
B. It only reffers to the harsh and stubborn disbelievers.

Soo, how can we do dawah, if we can not be kind to those who attack us on our deen??

B.
Has there ever been peaceful coexistence with other religions? An ayat where it says "Fight in the cause of Allah till all religion (ie. worship) is for Allah" ?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
02-20-2016, 03:38 PM
I'll try to make it simple...

During the time of the prophet (saw), the different religions lived peacefully in Medina. Point to note, they still can. There is a 'way'.

What changed? Intention. So when that changes, it breaks the fabric of the community, and if it is hostile, take appropriate action. If all is well and good, there is nothing wrong with peaceful coexistence. After all, there is no compulsion in religion. It is when trouble makers try to stir something up, then it must be nipped in the bud, so to speak. So now what happens? The abuse of power . . .

Fight in the cause of Allah is not a literal request or order. It does not mean GO TO WAR as long as you shall live kind of thing. It just means, make Allah your priority in life, and to call people to do the same as much as you are able to. That is ideal, but we know it is not going to be, right? Even nabi could not get his uncle to lafaz the shahada. But the fight is in not stopping. It should never stop. We have to fight oppression and give to charity especially to the orphans. Be kind to your neighbours, (it does not qualify who!) it is also said that wa true muslim is one that wishes for his neighbours what he wishes for himself!

So what is this talk of fight (and killing)? Surely it is all taken out of context. If we dig up the history behind those ayats, we might find that it relates to some on going affairs of the time and its remedy.

:peace:

Serinity
02-20-2016, 03:55 PM
Ok.

So can I act human to everyone I meet and stay Muslim? I realise I don't understand Islam 100%

I will stick to Islam no matter what, but I fear hypocrisy.

I also get the impression, that you can't show affection to non muslims. My question is how can we expect people to join Islam then???

Pls make dua for me. One of the reasons I got attracted / considered Islam in the past, was because someone shoed me affection. I very much doubt if they were ruthless, that I would love Islam that much.

AabiruSabeel
02-20-2016, 08:37 PM
Quoting from a post by another member,

The Muslim Tolerance

There is another aspect of this matter which cannot be found in the edicts of the law, nor can it be enforced by the courts or the government: this is the so-called "spirit of tolerance" which underlies upright attitudes, benevolent dealings, respect for one's neighbors, and all the sincere sentiments of piety, compassion, and courtesy. Such attitude is required in everyday life and cannot be obtained through constitutional legislation or the courts' jurisdiction. The spirit of tolerance is exclusively practiced in Islamic society. It appears in several verses of the Qur'an, which tell of parents who attempted to turn their sons from the unity of God to polytheism: "You bear them company in this life with justice." (Luqman: 15)

Similar too is the call of the Qur'an to righteousness and justice in dealings with the non-Muslims who do not oppose Muslims in their religion: "God forbids you not with regard to those who fight you not for (your) faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them, for God loves those who are just." (Al-Mumtahanah : 8)

The Qur'an describes the righteous in the following terms: "And they feed, for the love of God, the indigent, the orphan, and the captive." (Al-Insan : 8)

The captives, at the time of this verse's revelation, were polytheists. The Qur'an also explains that there is no harm in incurring expenses on behalf of polytheists who are relatives or neighbors of Muslims: "It is not required of you (O Apostle) to see them on the right path, but God sets on the right path whom He pleases. Whatever good you give benefits you own souls. And you shall only do so seeking the "Face of God." (Al-Baqarah: 272)

Muhammad ibn al-Hasan, Abu Hanifah's colleague and scribe, has reported that the Prophet had sent money to the people of Makkah when they were facing drought. It was to be distributed among the poor, although the Prophet and his companions had undergone a great deal of torture and oppression at the Makkah's hands.

Imams Al-Bukhari, Muslim, and Ahmad related on the authority of 'Asma bint Abi Bakr that she said: "During the covenant with the Quraish, my polytheistic mother came to see me. I asked the Prophet, upon whom be peace, 'O Messenger of Allah, if my mother came to me wishing to see me, should I maintain good relations with her?' He replied, 'Yes you should treat her kindly.

The words of the Qur'an indicate the correct manner of discussion with non-Muslims: "And do not dispute with the people of the book, except with means better (than mere disputation), unless it be with those of them who inflict wrong (and injury). But say: 'we believe in the Revelation, which has come down to us and in that which came down to you. Our God and your God is one." (Al-Ankabut: 46)

This tolerance manifests itself very clearly in the conduct of the Prophet, in his dealings with the people of the book, whether Christians or Jews. The Prophet used to visit them, treat them kindly and with respect, console their sick and deal with them in terms of "live and let live."

Ibn Ishaq in his Sirah (biography of the Prophet) stated: 'When the delegation of Najrani Christians came to the Prophet at Madinah, they entered his mosque in the afternoon to meet him. It was their prayer time, so they began to perform their prayer in the mosque. Some Muslims were about to prevent them from doing so, but the Prophet, upon whom be peace, said, "Let them pray.", So they faced eastward and performed their prayer.'

Based on the preceding incident, Ibn al-Qayyim, a mujtahid scholar, put up a sign in front of the mosque reading "Admission granted to people of the book that the people of the book could perform their prayers in the presence of Muslims was evidently clear to him.

Read more at: http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...tml#post790412

Serinity
02-21-2016, 11:21 AM
I also have a question on apostasy

I remember an incident, where Umar ibn al-Khittab r.a. converted to Islam, and proclaimed and announced his Islam publically.

If an apostate from Islam would do that, then he would be executed, right?

Can you explain to me how that is reasonable? If a christian would torture a Muslim convert, and execute him, after refusing kufr.

Scimitar
02-21-2016, 12:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by greenhill

During the time of the prophet (saw), the different religions lived peacefully in Medina. Point to note, they still can. There is a 'way'.
And eventually became fully Muslim.

Scimi

azc
02-21-2016, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I also have a question on apostasyI remember an incident, where Umar ibn al-Khittab r.a. converted to Islam, and proclaimed and announced his Islam publically.If an apostate from Islam would do that, then he would be executed, right?Can you explain to me how that is reasonable? If a christian would torture a Muslim convert, and execute him, after refusing kufr.
It is often believed that the Bible gives absolute religious freedom to everyone. Most of the Christians in the United States and the the West think that the freedom of choice and speech that they have comes originally from the Bible. Let's just see how accurate this myth really is.......1-In the Old and New Testaments:In the Old Testament:......Let us look at Deuteronomy 13:6-9"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying:Let us go and worship other gods(gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him.Show him no pity.Do not spare him or shield him.You must certainly put him to death.Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."Also let us look atDeuteronomy 17:3-5"And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die.".........http://www.answering-christianity.com/death.htm

Scimitar
02-21-2016, 02:37 PM

What changed? Intention. So when that changes, it breaks the fabric of the community, and if it is hostile, take appropriate action. If all is well and good, there is nothing wrong with peaceful coexistence. After all, there is no compulsion in religion. It is when trouble makers try to stir something up, then it must be nipped in the bud, so to speak. So now what happens? The abuse of power . . .

Fight in the cause of Allah is not a literal request or order. It does not mean GO TO WAR as long as you shall live kind of thing. It just means, make Allah your priority in life, and to call people to do the same as much as you are able to. That is ideal, but we know it is not going to be, right? Even nabi could not get his uncle to lafaz the shahada. But the fight is in not stopping. It should never stop. We have to fight oppression and give to charity especially to the orphans. Be kind to your neighbours, (it does not qualify who!) it is also said that wa true muslim is one that wishes for his neighbours what he wishes for himself!

So what is this talk of fight (and killing)? Surely it is all taken out of context. If we dig up the history behind those ayats, we might find that it relates to some on going affairs of the time and its remedy.

Of course we have it hadeeth that Dajjal will camp on Al Jurf and the disbeliever and hypocrites of Medina will go out to join him.

So yeah, they do live among Muslims in Medina - whose to say the do not? :D

Scimi

Serinity
02-21-2016, 02:49 PM
I mean as long as the apostate does not corrupt people, why kill?

greenhill
02-21-2016, 03:19 PM
Let's say you hate someone. You have some choices; could make it known to him personally, via gossip channel (or talking to your friends about that person), state it publicly or keep it to yourself.. each will have different outcomes.

The story you quoted about Umar, he actually challenged anyone to defy him. Nobody dared to do anything. If I were to go out and do the same I am challenging people. I will either get no reaction or get lynched at worse. Most likely lynched.

So if I were to use my noodles, it is best to keep it low profile. . . Unless of course, you are issuing out a challenge.

greenhill
02-21-2016, 03:25 PM
To add further, the question will arise in the public mind why it was declared?

Then assumptions will bubble through, correctly or incorrectly, and once opinions are formed Syaitan can take over causing a frenzy...

it's very easy to instigate and very hard to quell once it has gained momentum. Like a witch hunt.

Serinity
02-21-2016, 05:22 PM
To add further, the question will arise in the public mind why it was declared?

Then assumptions will bubble through, correctly or incorrectly, and once opinions are formed Syaitan can take over causing a frenzy...

it's very easy to instigate and very hard to quell once it has gained momentum. Like a witch hunt.

So this law, is like a prevention, to not spark disunity etc.?

So it is executed on those who cause disunity and defames Islam..

Ok, while I am still confused about this Law, I will move on to the next.

http://www.islamicboard.com/aqeedah/...Islam+Jahannam

This thread says that Allah will punish people, even if they don't know, or haven't realised the truth. But I know, that Allah won't punish a people unless they got a sound message of Islam etc.

I know Allah is all-just, all-knowing, and all-wise. So I can't see how Allah will punish someone straightaway for not knowing.

I know Allah is all just, so it is not for me to question Allah, audhu billah. But I just want some clarification.

Btw, I trust in Allah's Justice, so I know Allah won't do any injustice. :)

greenhill
02-21-2016, 11:08 PM
Exactly!

Only we don't understand... and I'm not the best to explain. Just trust in Him.

Serinity
02-22-2016, 03:36 PM
Exactly!

Only we don't understand... and I'm not the best to explain. Just trust in Him.

Sorry for troubling you, but I've some questions again...

So:

A. Is it permissible to kill a kafir? (personally I would never kill anyone, just because of faith)
B. Is it permissible to take kafirs as friends? (not allies) ... But is it also permissible, in a serious situation to ally with christians to bring down a dictator?

C. I read, somewhere, don't know it's authencity, but Umar r.a. said that "The polytheists blood is cheaper than that of a dog's"

My guesss is it is restricted by context, and does not necessarily mean ALL non muslims? Cuz, Allah honored the off spring of Adam AS.

D. What does this verse mean:

48:29 "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward."

greenhill
02-22-2016, 04:05 PM
A) B)+C) are kind of inter related. We are not supposed to kill anyone, unless they transgress.. I think that covers that. How would you convert anyone if hostility exists between religions? Kindness is a powerful thing. The dog comparison I suppose is an intellectual statement using the dog as a lowly animal (a pig would be, I guess, too insulting) but an animal non the less.

Why? My guess is that with mind and reason, you will find the truth. If you can't, with the mind and intellect gifted to us, we should be worst off than the animals. They have not the gift of mind.

I may not be accurate.. I may also be way off the mark!

On D) I have to read up on it. Might be a while..unless someone else takes over and correct my errors :p

Serinity
02-22-2016, 04:17 PM
A) B)+C) are kind of inter related. We are not supposed to kill anyone, unless they transgress.. I think that covers that. How would you convert anyone if hostility exists between religions? Kindness is a powerful thing. The dog comparison I suppose is an intellectual statement using the dog as a lowly animal (a pig would be, I guess, too insulting) but an animal non the less.

Why? My guess is that with mind and reason, you will find the truth. If you can't, with the mind and intellect gifted to us, we should be worst off than the animals. They have not the gift of mind.

I may not be accurate.. I may also be way off the mark!

On D) I have to read up on it. Might be a while..unless someone else takes over and correct my errors :p

Ok. Cuz, honestly, I only got 100% aware of Islam after getting spoken to about it.

Anyways, yeah. No need for hostility if there is no need to.

AabiruSabeel
02-22-2016, 05:09 PM

So:

A. Is it permissible to kill a kafir? (personally I would never kill anyone, just because of faith)
B. Is it permissible to take kafirs as friends? (not allies) ... But is it also permissible, in a serious situation to ally with christians to bring down a dictator?

C. I read, somewhere, don't know it's authencity, but Umar r.a. said that "The polytheists blood is cheaper than that of a dog's"

My guesss is it is restricted by context, and does not necessarily mean ALL non muslims? Cuz, Allah honored the off spring of Adam AS.

48:29 "Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah ; and those with him are forceful against the disbelievers, merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and prostrating [in prayer], seeking bounty from Allah and [His] pleasure. Their mark is on their faces from the trace of prostration. That is their description in the Torah. And their description in the Gospel is as a plant which produces its offshoots and strengthens them so they grow firm and stand upon their stalks, delighting the sowers - so that Allah may enrage by them the disbelievers. Allah has promised those who believe and do righteous deeds among them forgiveness and a great reward."
I thought most of these clarified in Post#7 above. Anyway, in short,

A. No, it is not permissible. The only case where it would be permissible is when there is a full fledged war and even then, only the enemy soldiers would be killed. There are clear regulations in Islam regarding not harming any child, woman, elderly, priests, those who are under treaty with Muslims, places of (non-Muslim) worship, plantation etc.

B. In Arabic, there are several levels of friendship such as (but not limited to)
رفيق - similar to acquaintance
صاحب - partner/companion
صديق - general friend
ولي - close ally
أنيس -
محب -
عاشق -
خليل -
حبيب
And some more that I am not aware of.

What is prohibited is not taking them as close ally / best personal friend and anything closer than that.

C & D I will reply later :ia:.

Serinity
02-22-2016, 08:26 PM
JazakAllah khayr.

I just want to know MORE about the Prophet SAW. I think I've been misinformed about him SAW.

Cuz I read, that The Prophet SAW killed disbelievers, just for being disbelievers. And I am here thinking "but there is no compulsion in religion!"

And I feel, that it went against how I viewed the Prophet SAW as a mercy to Mankind, and how a believer is like rain, spreading only goodness, destroying evil etc.

A. And about the verse of the sword 9:5, I know, it speaks of a specific situation, where the polytheists broke the treaty, continually (or once idk) and etc. did a lot of mischief.

I know that the verse does NOT say you can just go and kill people.. But question is, is it true that it abrogates 200+ verses speaking of peace? Or is it only within context and a certain situation it would abrogate it?

Sorry for all these questions, but they are poisoning my view.

Serinity
02-23-2016, 01:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam

A. No, it is not permissible. The only case where it would be permissible is when there is a full fledged war and even then, only the enemy soldiers would be killed. There are clear regulations in Islam regarding not harming any child, woman, elderly, priests, those who are under treaty with Muslims, places of (non-Muslim) worship, plantation etc.

B. In Arabic, there are several levels of friendship such as (but not limited to)
صاحب - partner/companion
صديق - general friend
ولي - close ally
أنيس -
محب -
عاشق -
خليل -
حبيب

What is prohibited is not taking them as close ally / best personal friend and anything closer than that.

Verse 5:51, says that you can not take them as Awliyah [friends, helpers] or you will like one of them..

So doesn't this mean no kuffar friends at all? Or is it just close, cause Awliyah is like a protector.

But what about having children in kindergarden etc. For example marrying a christian woman, there you need close intimiate friendship..

I am thinking like "so you can't have them as friends at all? No contact at all?" but I realise that my thinking is wrong, cuz Allah does not forbid us from those who do not attack us on deen.

I feel like such a fasiq for asking this. :/

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ibn-Adam

صاحب - partner/companion
صديق - general friend
ولي - close ally
أنيس -
محب -
عاشق -
خليل -
حبيب

What if an kaffir still does become best friends with a muslim.

Serinity
02-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Is it kufr to fight someone who attacks your homecountry? Ie. fighting so that they don't take over your homecountry?

I read that one who goes to war to defend his country, has committed kufr. You can only fight for Islam, I know.

But what if someone attacks your homecountry and you fight back, and die?

I know weird questions..

greenhill
02-23-2016, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
What if an kaffir still does become best friends with a muslim.
I believe it says take not disbelievers as your allies as they do not have your best interests at heart. Now, that is actually quite specific. Allies (as in a group, like those who caused mischief) but individuals, can individuals be considered as allies? They are more friends. Allies are for when you make a pact. Friends are based on mutual understanding and tolerance.

greenhill
02-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Cuz I read, that The Prophet SAW killed disbelievers, just for being disbelievers. And I am here thinking "but there is no compulsion in religion!"

And I feel, that it went against how I viewed the Prophet SAW as a mercy to Mankind, and how a believer is like rain, spreading only goodness, destroying evil etc.
There was another story related about the time when the holy prophet went to another town to seek alliance with a community that had pledged to assist the prophet (saw). But when he got there, they were hostile to him and pelted him with stones. He was battered and bruised by the time he found a resting place and Gabriel came o him and asked if there was anything the prophet wanted, just say it, and the people would be destroyed and the prophet answered (incredibly) that he was sent as a mercy to mankind, what mercy would it be if he wished destruction for them?.....

ardianto
02-23-2016, 04:08 PM
Is it kufr to fight someone who attacks your homecountry? Ie. fighting so that they don't take over your homecountry?

I read that one who goes to war to defend his country, has committed kufr. You can only fight for Islam, I know.

But what if someone attacks your homecountry and you fight back, and die?

I know weird questions..
It's not kufur to defend your home country if the enemy attack your home country. Rasulullah statement that Muslims should not fight for ashabiyah (nation, tribe) actually addressed to the party that start the war, not the party that being attacked. It's refer to the habit of tribes in Rasulullah era which they easy to attack other tribes just because little dispute that actually could be solved by dialog.

Serinity
02-23-2016, 04:23 PM
There was another story related about the time when the holy prophet went to another town to seek alliance with a community that had pledged to assist the prophet (saw). But when he got there, they were hostile to him and pelted him with stones. He was battered and bruised by the time he found a resting place and Gabriel came o him and asked if there was anything the prophet wanted, just say it, and the people would be destroyed and the prophet answered (incredibly) that he was sent as a mercy to mankind, what mercy would it be if he wished destruction for them?.....

format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
It's not kufur to defend your home country if the enemy attack your home country. Rasulullah statement that Muslims should not fight for ashabiyah (nation, tribe) actually addressed to the party that start the war, not the party that being attacked. It's refer to the habit of tribes in Rasulullah era which they easy to attack other tribes just because little dispute that actually could be solved by dialog.
SubhanAllah. This is beautiful.

Islam seems to be much more peaceful than I thought lol.

I read a verse that says to stand up for justice, even if it be against yourself. In shaa' Allah the other questions will be answered.

JazakAllah khayr for answering me. I've been hanging around people, who has poisoned my view on Islam, it seems.

greenhill
02-23-2016, 04:41 PM
It seems that way...

greenhill
02-23-2016, 04:52 PM
I have mentioned this in another thread awhile back but I'll tell it again. It relates to the story about the town people that pelted the prophet (saw).

Maybe a year ago, in a mosque north of Malaysia someone gave a talk. It was told, in the talk, that because of the prophet's mercy, he is alive today. Had Nabi asked for punishment to be given, there would be no him, or his family, . . In fact, the subsequent generations embraced islam. In addition, they felt shameful. . .

I couldn't believe to hear it told.

Serinity
02-23-2016, 06:13 PM
I have mentioned this in another thread awhile back but I'll tell it again. It relates to the story about the town people that pelted the prophet (saw).

Maybe a year ago, in a mosque north of Malaysia someone gave a talk. It was told, in the talk, that because of the prophet's mercy, he is alive today. Had Nabi asked for punishment to be given, there would be no him, or his family, . . In fact, the subsequent generations embraced islam. In addition, they felt shameful. . .

I couldn't believe to hear it told.

SubhanAllah!

Imagine the good deeds!

If we were to spare a disbeliever, and that disbeliever's off spring were to become righteous.... Man. I mean, this religion did not come to wage war on mankind. It came as a mercy.

I still have some things, needed clarified tho. Like, can we show affection to kafirs, and if not, how come we can then marry Christians/Jews?

EDIT:

Please explain to me verse 60:4 ... Please enlighten me, and make me see this religion more 'justly'.. On 1 side, I see it as peaceful, and on the other, 'cult-like' and rigid.

Ps. How should we view the punishments from Allah..

Cuz, any punishment is wretched in my eyes. Surely Allah did not create punishments for us to say "How wonderful!" etc...Idk tho, may Allah forgive me for any wrong.. Ameen.

cuz I don't like bloodshed of any kind...

PS. Allah says we can not ally with kafirs, Jews or christians, but isn't coexistence and peace treaties exactly that?????? Idk.. I am wrong, 100%

Serinity
02-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Please explain verse 5:32 to me.

Because of that, We decreed upon the Children of Israel that whoever kills a soul unless for a soul or for corruption [done] in the land - it is as if he had slain mankind entirely. And whoever saves one - it is as if he had saved mankind entirely. And our messengers had certainly come to them with clear proofs. Then indeed many of them, [even] after that, throughout the land, were transgressors. 5:32

You can start reading from ayat 30 if you want. But I read in qtafsir, that it is only those whom Allah has forbidden to kill.. how do we know that Allah forbade killing of kafirs??? (just a question)

http://www.qtafsir.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=786&Item id=60 Read it please.

I get the impression it only talks about killing a believing soul.

I know also that the most hated to Allah are those who kill without right. But whom? How do we know Allah forbade the blood of a kafir??

Sincerely,

Serinity.

talibilm
02-28-2016, 05:25 PM

So:

Asalamalikum bro Serenity,

I 've been watching You from Ummah forum you had always asked certain questions which any fair minded person would ask . The short answer is Islam & the Noble Quran is mostly misquoted every where since we frequently fail to see tafsirs and the real historical incidents of islam which would prove my above claim .

Explaining about verse 48:29 may be this tafsir's explanation would clear the doubt why and when certain verses were revealed by Allah ( sorry i have to delete the link of Tafsir Miqbas-Abdullah ibn Abbas since am new here) Proving my claim from historical evidences

1) we all know the root cause for conquest of Mecca started because the Kaffirs ( The Khuza tribe but our Allies ) were attacked within in the corridor of the Kaaba .

2) Similarly when Prophet :saws: went to Hunain from Mecca he took some kaffirs with him in the army and also gave a share of the booty to them.

3) When Prophet emigrated to Medina though the three immigrant Jews who hated the local medinites ( Awz & Khazraj tribes) and used to scorn them saying that they will get together with their expected last Prophet and belittle them in near future and to their greatest dismay seeing those enemies (Medinites) got together with that same last Prophet :saws: increased their hate such that they ridiculed the same last Prophet :saws: by saying assamalikum , meaning death on you. Even in such a critical situation for the Jews , Prophet :saws: could have easily taken revenge on them by inciting the natives ( Ansars) but never did so, INSTEAD Prophet :saws: created a peace treaty between them so that everyone lives peacefully side by side shows that hating non muslims was not done unless in a battle like situation.

4) Several hadiths like ''Muslim :: Book 32 : Hadith 6330 'Urwa b. Zubair reported that Hisham b. Hakim found a person (the ruler of Hims) who had been detaining some Nabateans in connection with the dues of Jizya. He said: What is this? I heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Allah would torment those persons who torment people in the world.''

and also warnings from several hadiths about that if anyone harms any Kaffir under the protection of the Islamic State is a very major sin something and said such a person would not smell the fragrance of Paradise proves in contrary to your doubts. And there are many more such incidents and hadiths to prove that .

But does this mean we must LOVE them and Live together with them ???

NO . Hadiths had already warned about that too saying something like who lived like them is among them. So we have to take an intermediary path but we all know even if the Neighbour is a Non muslim than its necessary for us to observe the rights of neighbour in the best possible method. So Allah created all of us and had made life a test to which path we take . Born a Muslim does not guarantee you Jannah unless untill you search you lord and live by his commandments and similarly born kaffir is not a hell guaranteed person since he is tested whether he searches for his Lord from this verse.

Noble Quran 5:48 ''.........................To each of you We prescribed a law and a method. Had Allah willed, He would have made you one nation [united in religion], but [He intended] to test you in what He has given you; so race to [all that is] good.To Allah is your return all together, and He will [then] inform you concerning that over which you used to differ.''

talibilm
02-28-2016, 05:41 PM
EDIT : post # 33 Forgot to add

Does this mean we have to hate them ???

NO , We do not hate the sinner but their sins and in this case, we hate only their kufr .

Serinity
02-28-2016, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
EDIT : post # 33 Forgot to add

Does this mean we have to hate them ???

NO , We do not hate the sinner but their sins and in this case, we hate only their kufr .
Wa alaykum salam bro,

I appreciate your answering of my questions. And I indeed feel like a hypocrite asking these questions, cause I feel like I am those who seek an answer in accordance to their desires..

But you know. There has always been questions that has been bugging me etc. So rather ask lol.

So we do not love them, but that does not mean we hate them.. But how does this fit in with Al wala wal bara? Does Hate and love for Allah's sake in the case of hate, mean hate the kufr?? But in the case of Loving for Allah's sake, we love the Prophets AS themselves, we don't just love their imaan, we love THEM. But as for hating... People on UF said that to HATE them for their kufr.. So how does this relate with al-wala wal bara?

People on UF also says that you can not be friends with Kuffar at all..Now I know you become what your friends are etc. But I understood it as, not taking them as CLOSE friends etc.

Sry, if there are some questions I repeat. Cause I don't want to ISOLATE myself from society, nor do I want to integrate myself, cuz I am Muslim. I want to stand out of course etc.

As for taking the kuffar as allies, I am living in a kafir country, am I doing bad by doing so? Cause I read that when the angel takes you at death that the Angel AS will ask "why did you not migrate out of the land" etc..

So are we doomed for being in Kafir countries????? And for Jihad, is it always obligatory? There is Fard Jihad and Jihah kayfaah or something.

All in all, Islam is just confusing to me.. And overall I feel like a fasiq asking, but this religion is a religion of reason, so I use reason.

LaSorcia
02-28-2016, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
It is often believed that the Bible gives absolute religious freedom to everyone. Most of the Christians in the United States and the the West think that the freedom of choice and speech that they have comes originally from the Bible. Let's just see how accurate this myth really is.......1-In the Old and New Testaments:In the Old Testament:......Let us look at Deuteronomy 13:6-9"If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying:Let us go and worship other gods(gods that neither you nor your fathers have known, gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other, or gods of other religions), do not yield to him or listen to him.Show him no pity.Do not spare him or shield him.You must certainly put him to death.Your hand must be the first in putting him to death, and then the hands of all the people."Also let us look atDeuteronomy 17:3-5"And he should go and worship other gods and bow down to them or to the sun or the moon or all the army of the heavens, .....and you must stone such one with stones and such one must die.".........http://www.answering-christianity.com/death.htm
Christians do not live by this. This was part of the covenant with the Hebrew people. Essa told Christians that they only need do two things (only! So difficult): Love God with all our heart, mind and strength and love our neighbour as ourselves. If I believe a pagan would go straight to hell when they died, I would not be loving them by killing them. I am only under the moral law. Not the covenental/sacrificial law. Hence, I am obligated to not commit adultery for example, but I am not obligated to kill an adulterer.

Serinity
03-01-2016, 08:15 PM
I have one question that is buggin me.

So I read that Allah hates the disbelievers, and etc. Where in an ayat, it says " and Allah hates the disbelievers" somewhere..

My question is. Why would Allah hate a non muslim.. Like If I reflect back on my 'ignorant days' and to think that Allah would hate me, would seem unreasonable. I am pretty sure there are kafirs who were in the same position as me.

Like I've met nice kafirs who are nice etc. Why would Allah hate them?? while they don't even know it???????

I know Allah is all knowing and All-wise. So I know Allah would not hate someone unreasonably. It just makes me uneasy that Allah would hate a kafir, even when he does not know.

My previous view point was that Allah hated those who rejected WHILE knowing the truth, and not those who are just ignorant, and does not know.. Those who angered Allah etc.

I know tho, when Allah says something about hating disbelievers, it may be specific disbelievers. I mean, there are disbelievers who has angered Allah etc.. Like The Jews.. But the today jews, are they all hated for what the previous Jews have done to anger Allah??

I mean, there are ayahs, that speak of the Jews angering Allah etc.

Knowing that Allah is all-wise, I can't see Him having anger upon the today's jews like He SWT had on the previous one. Cuz to each their own, as they say.
Well... How confusing..

Serinity
03-07-2016, 08:21 AM
Can someone rational and knowledgeable in Islam, or rather Aqeedah-wise.

I firmly believe there is only One God, cuz of the signs etc. Rational thinking..

But this question has been bugging me for a while

"How do we know that there is only One God, and not, God forbid anyone from saying this, 2?"

My come back, is that, since this imaginary second "god" hasn't send down anything, he does not exist. Plus the fact that the Quran contain facts that could not have been known.

Plus, that there can be none equal to Him. And the fact that God send down Prophets AS, and the fact that this whole question arised from shaytaan / me. And the fact that truth can never occur from creation, and the purpose lies with God. Or something like that.

May Allah guide me, and make me see, and forgive me. Ameen.

greenhill
03-07-2016, 04:06 PM
@Serinity give you a perspective.....

As is known, Abraham pbuh is the father of religion. It was the descendants of his first son, Ismail pbuh that resulted with Muhammad saw. Nabi Ibrahim prayed that his descendants were given the prophet hood. His wish was granted. All subsequent prophets were from his seeds, as it were.

They were meant to be the priestly nation. The were being trained for their ultimate role. To be the lead nation orchestrating Allah's decree for us on earth when the lesson is complete.

But, they got distracted, they changed those lessons and re wrote the Book. The basic essence were remembered. "Do unto others what you expect others to do unto you". Of course, no riba.

They repeatedly ignored many subsequent reminders sent and tried again with Jesus, pbuh who despite his image as peaceful and kind, he was actually opposite with the rabbis. He lashed out at them, called them sons of the devil! He was not pleased with them at all. But the essence of the message was remembered. To forgive. And of course again, no riba.

The final message are the rules to community living. With the basic lessons that should have been already implanted into the priestly nation, the execution of the final message into a system of riba free community built on charity and having faith in Allah's provisions.

But that nation digressed. They plotted to use their influence for worldly gains. The nation to spread the good news has hooked every Nation through their riba infested financial practice. Furthermore, the enforcement of their man made laws, not the laws of Allah, serves further to sever the tie to religious commitments.

Abz2000
03-07-2016, 06:19 PM
:) There was such an initial bombardment of questions almost as if at a void that it's difficult to keep a sound train of thought, but let's try :)

Firstly, the message was revealed to the final messenger pbuh and clear signs were granted, logical arguments were provided, many slowly began to accept the call, and after the initial incredulity of those in leadership positions, a blind hatred began to surface, Allah did indeed tell His messenger to continue to proclaim the message peacefully and Allah does indeed know the unseen, therefore a rational understanding can be that Allah was allowing things to progress quite naturally without too much interference on His part depite the open injustices that had become prevalent, such as murdering of babies, usurping the rights and property of the orphans and the weak, and a regressive decadence beneath the surface , plus much more.

When Allah was commanding His messenger and the believers to restrain themselves despite the injustice (the martyrdom (murder) of sumayyah (ra) is a perfect example since she was murdered for her testimony that there is no god but God, she wasn't a "militant" and neither were the rest of the believers), He was firstly proving the word against the unbelievers, and also creating a supressed will to respond within the steadily increasing community of believers and also ensuring that the first phase was focused on persevering and patiently rationalizing the status quo within their minds, it was an internal building up phase, and not a contradiction. The fact that some of their children from amongst the nobility of Quraish also migrated to Abissinya (along with the poor and weak) due to the persecution is a statement in itself since it indicates that the persecution was psychological as well as physical, since the daughter of Abu Sufyaan, Ja'far ibn Abi Taalib, 'Uthmaan ibn 'Affaan etc had tribal protection from physical abuse in Makkah. Also the fact that they were pursued to Abissinya and arrested and brought before An-Najaashi after his courtiers had been bribed and he had been presented with "gifts", proved a point to those who cared and/or care to observe. The families from among the nobility and the poor of Quraish which was known for it's ascendancy, freedom to practice one's chosen faith in Makkah, and generous hospitality to visitors were leaving due to fear of injustice, oppression and "islamophobia" and were still being harassed. (Does that still happen i wonder, i mean who would leave Britain to which all people of the world want to come - and immigrate to poor dusty Syria? And why?)

Anyway, by the time they arrived in Al-Madeenah, they already knew that they had their work cut out for them and that they needed to establish governance in order for the community to live in peace as Muslims (submitted to Allah) and to have their differences settled in accordance with the law of Allah (judiciary), this also was a stage in a long train of events, they did indeed establish governance and made mutual treaties with surrounding tribes and people from other walks of life, the Quraysh continued their persecution of those who remained behind or continued to accept Islam in Makkah and confiscated the properties of the weaker families of those who had migrated to Al-Madeenah, this opened up the opportunity of the Prophet pbuh to lie in wait for their caravans en-route to the trading venues of summer and winter to the north and south, make Quraysh reflect upon and regret their injustice, and enrich the Islamic state in the process.
By this time the Kafir leadership in Makkah was reaping the fruits of it's injustice, the Islamic state was steadily progressing and making alliances with surrounding tribes and was now known as a force to be reckoned with and not as a bunch of eccentric foolish hippies self-exiled to a commune, or as a bunch of rabble that could be trampled at will.

The previously prestigious leadership of Maakah was feeling humiliated and was also economically declining and that humiliation was cemented at their defeat at Badr, they avenged at Uhud, but then failed to realise the destruction of the Islamic state at Al-Khandaq when they gathered a mercenary coalition and made the Muslims famous throughout Arabia and the lands surrounding the peninsula. The jealousy and betrayal of theJews also became manifest and the nature of alliances also changed and became more way of life based.
the Prophet pbuh was around this time commanded to fight against surrounding tribes if they gave nothing more than an assurance to withold their hands from the believers, (with us or with the unbelievers), by the end, after the incessant betrayals and plots, the only ones that could be considered allowed to reside with Muslims safely were people who adhered to the books previously revealed, and after they paid the jizya in humility (this worked as protection and also made them more conducive to submitting to God completely and enjoying status with the believers in this world and in eternity).
The Prophet pbuh was by now commanded to fight pagans around him and to show harshness, so they knew well that there was no friendship between faith and infidelity and no safety until they submitted to God or moved far away from the believers.
When a mushriq who had refused to submit to God saw a believer, he either submitted before the Muslim was enriched, or ran for his life, or ws captured and ransomed, or was sent to meet his Lord.

So you can see that all this was happening in steady progress and while giving everyone the chance to observe and think deeply, and so nobody had a dispute against Allah, nor did the believers feel forced or pressured by Allah to get up and set things right. It was natural and just - unlike the false flag of 9/11 and succeeding manufactured pretexts and fake excuses to invade other people's lands in injustice and transgression.

It is kufr to resist an invasion of one's land if the reason for invasion is to establish the laws of God as enshrined in Quran and Sunnah, but it is lawful and sometimes a duty to resist if such an invasion is for the sake of kufr of Allah and greed. America lost it's dispute against Allah when it unlawfully invaded Iraq and called those who fought against such falsehood, injustice and oppression "insurgents" and called those who stood up in the west and called them liars "etremist sympathisers".

Think, it's not a contradiction by Allah but a presentation and a progressive upliftment of humanity.
Regarding friendship, you will not find people who believe in God and the last day loving those who commit infidelity to God, vibes wear off, al mar-u ma'a man ahab.
You will be with those whom you love.
But then there is productive friendship out of goodwill and a desire to do good, that's when you save them from hellfire and make them brothers and sisters in faith, but such is not achieved by concealing the guidance of Allah and feeling ashamed at His wisdom and guidance, just for the selfish natural tendency in-built in humans to be liked.

Wisdom and discretion is required whilst seeking the good pleasure of Allah in every situation so one needs to evaluate to the best of one's ability whilst ensuring that they are not angering Allah.
Those verses which were abrogated or superceded for the Islamic State are not all abrogrogated for everyone in every situation, because we find ourselves in many of those situations at different times and places.
Think.

Serinity
03-13-2016, 02:20 PM
Can someone please listen to this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9IYFqGfBNY

I get the impression we can not love them (which I understand) but we have to hate them, idk.

but then I am thinking "what about those who marry christian women? do they have to live in marriage void of love?"

Idk if I am understanding this correctly, but is he saying that the one who LOVES the people of kufr FOR their kufr, is out of Islam?

Or should we hate Kuffar for ther kufr? What is he trying to say. :scratch:

We should hate their kufr, and disapprove of it, yes. And we should NOT love it. And we should NOT love them for their kufr,

I really want to understand Islam in a concise manner, but I keep seeing stuff that destroy my conclusions.

Anyways, Alhamdulillah.

strivingobserver98
03-13-2016, 02:23 PM
Anyways, Alhamdulillah.
:sl:

Do you want me to ask Sh. Ahmed Musa Jibril directly on your behalf?

PS: He may come forum one day for AMA :ia:, once his restrictions of using social media are less.

Serinity
03-13-2016, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان

Do you want me to ask Sh. Ahmed Musa Jibril directly on your behalf?

PS: He may come forum one day for AMA :ia:, once his restrictions of using social media are less.

Yeah, I want to have In shaa' Allah, a thorough talk with him, as I see that his aqeedah is on point.

Not too much of his time tho. I just want to you know, clarify once and for all, what is what. A question and answer session perhaps.

I want to re-educate myself. lol

strivingobserver98
03-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Yeah, I want to have In shaa' Allah, a thorough talk with him, as I see that his aqeedah is on point.
Alright I'll let you know when AMA starts. Might take long. At the moment we can do one or two questions due to restrictions.

Serinity
03-13-2016, 03:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Alright I'll let you know when AMA starts. Might take long. At the moment we can do one or two questions due to restrictions.
1. What is meant by not taking the kuffar as Awliyah, like, I live in a kafir country, is that taking them as protectors?

2. Can you reconcile between the whole al-wala wal-bara and the fact that you can marry a jew or a christian, ie. People of the Book? cause a marriage requires love to work and prosper. I think, but we are told we can not love them? We hate their kufr, but do we hate THEM? please do explain to me this whole thing, and how our relationship with kuffar should be, etc.

Serinity
03-20-2016, 06:53 PM

I have always believed that calling upon other than Allah is shirk. Then I came across tawassul etc.

And I have always believed calling upon the dead, for anything is shirk. But then there is this hadith:

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/75/27

I am pretty certain calling upon other than Allah in a supernatural way is shirk, and calling upon the dead thinking they can help, is shirk. afaik. Any clarifications?

Is asking the dead to call upon Allah for them, shirk?

Serinity
04-03-2016, 10:56 AM
I have another doubt about Islam that has arised.

So the Qisas Law.

So how does it go?

A kills B's children, therefore B kills A's children. - this sounds wrong
A kills B's children, B kills A himself. - this sounds OK.

This whole 'eye for an eye' thing sounds like an injustice to me. So if you kill my people, I kill your people? but what did the people do for them to deserve to be killed? Doesn't it go against being responsible for your own actions. Why should I kill a whole nation for what man did (killing my nation)? Doesn't that only count if the PEOPLE themselves agreed?

In today's world we can't kill WHOLE america for what SOME Americans do......... Pls explain. :/

This whole Jew hate thing, there are some Jews in the PAST who killed the Prophets AS, but that doesn't mean we burden the today's jews with what the jews did in the past? This goes against the whole take responsiblity for what one does.

So in Surat Al - Fatihah, Allah says He is angry with the Jews, and I assume a CERTAIN group of Jews. So any explanation?

Yahya.
04-03-2016, 12:20 PM
That's right. Only the one who did act of killing will be killed as a punishment, not his whole tribe or nation.
And if the parents of the killed one agree that the killer will pay a certain money as a punishment for his act, the punishment of dead will be removed. So, the parents of the victim can decide, whether they want a death punishment or a payment for the criminal.

Yahya.
04-03-2016, 12:29 PM
So in Surat Al - Fatihah, Allah says He is angry with the Jews, and I assume a CERTAIN group of Jews. So any explanation?
Allah doesn't say anything about Jews in Surat al-Fatiha directly. But some scholars say that in the last verse;
The path of those upon whom You have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked [Your] anger or of those who are astray. (al-Fatiha, 7)

the red marked part is about the Jews and the blue one about the christians. Because the Jews were not obedient in some acts, for example the prohibition of working on Saturdays, and thus evoked Allahs anger. And the christians went astray in their faith, i.e. accepted the trinity belief.

But not all scholars agree with this. For exampe Fakhruddin ar-Razi (rh) says that it includes every person in general, who is not obedient in deeds and who goes astray in their faith.

Serinity
04-03-2016, 12:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
That's right. Only the one who did act of killing will be killed as a punishment, not his whole tribe or nation.
And if the parents of the killed one agree that the killer will pay a certain money as a punishment for his act, the punishment of dead will be removed. So, the parents of the victim can decide, whether they want a death punishment or a payment for the criminal.
But I can't for example kill your parents, cuz what do your parents have to do with you killing my parents?

Allah says in some verses to retaliate with the same thing the opponents did. What does that mean?

Yahya.
04-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Yes, if I would kill anybodies parents (what an example :) ) I would be killed as a punishment, not my parents.

Allah says in some verses to retaliate with the same thing the opponents did. What does that mean?
Please quote the verses

Serinity
04-09-2016, 11:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by YahyaIbnSelam
Yes, if I would kill anybodies parents (what an example :) ) I would be killed as a punishment, not my parents.

Please quote the verses
http://legacy.quran.com/2/194

Ps. I have been reading on forums that there is no 'innocents' in Islam. Wth. Obviously there are?!

Just to get this straight: it is haram to kill anyone, no matter what, for no reason at all, or just for being angry.

I will take this opinion:

It is haram to kill anyone, even if he is a kafir, cause a person being a kafir, is not a legitimate reason.

And there are innocents in Islam, kafirs may be innocents, right? In Islam it is prohibited and condemned to kill innocents, kafir or not.

Yahya.
04-10-2016, 05:36 PM
The vers you quoted is about Jihad. Because arabs would not fight in the sacred months - Rajab, Muharram, Dhu'l Qa'da and Dhul Hijja -. There were some wars in pre-islamic arabia which took place in this months, but mostly they would avoid fighting in this months, because it was seen as a bad thing in their culture. And after Islam came, it preserved this traditional rule, but like it says in that verse (02/194), if the pagan arabs attacked the muslims in this months, the muslims are allowed to fight back.
Later this verse was replaced with another, there was no more month restriction for fighting, the prophet (saw) for example besieged the city of Taif in Muharram.
I don't know if it is translated into english but there is a good book about the muhkamat verses (verses from which fiqh-rules are derived) in Quran by Muhammad Ali as-Sabooni.

anatolian
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM
I have another doubt about Islam that has arised.

So the Qisas Law.

So how does it go?

A kills B's children, therefore B kills A's children. - this sounds wrong
A kills B's children, B kills A himself. - this sounds OK.

This whole 'eye for an eye' thing sounds like an injustice to me. So if you kill my people, I kill your people? but what did the people do for them to deserve to be killed? Doesn't it go against being responsible for your own actions. Why should I kill a whole nation for what man did (killing my nation)? Doesn't that only count if the PEOPLE themselves agreed?

In today's world we can't kill WHOLE america for what SOME Americans do......... Pls explain. :/

This whole Jew hate thing, there are some Jews in the PAST who killed the Prophets AS, but that doesn't mean we burden the today's jews with what the jews did in the past? This goes against the whole take responsiblity for what one does.

Salam brother :)

5:32 "For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land."

Serinity
04-10-2016, 06:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam brother :)

5:32 "For this reason did We prescribe to the children of Israel that whoever slays a soul, unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land, it is as though he slew all men; and whoever keeps it alive, it is as though he kept alive all men; and certainly Our apostles came to them with clear arguments, but even after that many of them certainly act extravagantly in the land."
I know this is weird. But I get the impression this is only for souls whom Allah has forbidden, which soul has Allah forbidden?

anatolian
04-10-2016, 06:43 PM
I know this is weird. But I get the impression this is only for souls whom Allah has forbidden, which soul has Allah forbidden?
The answer is in the same ayah bro..any soul "unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land"

Serinity
04-10-2016, 08:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
The answer is in the same ayah bro..any soul "unless it be for manslaughter or for mischief in the land"
JazakAllah khayr bro. I will take it as killing a soul with no reason, or silly reasons, kafir or not, is haram. Cuz, murder is the second biggest sin, and I see no evidence that says "you can kill kafirs" anyways lol.

Anyways, I will take it as it is. It is haram to kill. There are just some people who quote Quran to justify their killing /bombings etc. of innocents. I take it as haram to kill anyone with insufficient reason.

Then there are people who see all disbelievers as enemies of Allah, or people who conspire or plan against us Muslims day and night.......... Come on, not all disbelievers do that.

I am pretty sure not ALL disbelievers are enemies of Allah, like, Ibn Talib, the uncle of the Prophet SAW was not an enemy of Allah, was he?

Btw, Allah says in the Quran that the disbelievers will be in Hellfire. But my question is - surely that doesn't give us the right to judge other non muslims, and doom them to Hellfire?

Do I have to think of every kafir "you are going to Hell." I mean Idk the unseen, and idk........ I just don't find myself comfortable to think of every kafir I meet "he will go to hell"

Cuz I always get this uncomfy feeling "How Would I even know he will be in Hell? Why would he?"

I just find myself uncomfy and not right...... Judging people. I don't like to look down on people, be they kafirs or not. I just want to see people as humans, and let Allah judge.......

I won't judge kafirs, Allah knows best their situation, do I have to say in my head "apparrently, you'll go to Hell"............. I feel soo uncomfy.
And may Allah forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

Serinity
04-12-2016, 09:54 AM
:salams

I have a question regarding this hadith:

http://sunnah.com/bukhari/8/86

Did the Prophet SAW curse ALL jews? I understand him cursing the jews who built graves over the Prophets AS. But, did the Prophet SAW curse ALL jews??

So does this mean every child born into a Jewish family is cursed? How is that fair?

So does this mean I can't do dua to Allah to guide the sincere hearted Jews? To guide the Jews?

anatolian
04-12-2016, 05:25 PM
Salam bro. I believe it MUST be for the ones who did this action but you are right from this narration one can understand that the curse goes to all jews..This is why I am skeptical with the hadiths even in Bukhari or Muslim...

anatolian
04-12-2016, 05:32 PM
And as for your post above..We shall not think in our minds of every kafir "you are going to Hell." This is not our job. Our job is to make dawah. Allah knows best what He will do with them.

Serinity
04-12-2016, 06:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin

Make sincere dua and dawah for everyone, including Jewish people. Mufti Ebrahim Desai explains the context of such statements of the Prophet (:saws:) in the following fatwa: CLICK HERE

An excerpt of this ruling is provided below:

"The Muhaditheen explain that the reason why Rasulullah (:saws:) said this was that the time for Rasulullah (:saws:) to leave this world was close at hand and he did not desire that his Ummah imitate the Jews and Christians by making his grave also into a place of worship. The reason why he disliked the grave becoming a place of worship is that sooner or later people start worshiping the grave itself. The whole mission of Rasulullah (:saws:) was to eliminate Shirk and turn people towards the oneness of Allah. How could he have approved that his grave becomes a means for people to do shirk? Therefore such stern words were used so that people refrain from coming close to Shirk."
This forum makes me love the Prophet SAW more. SubhanAllah.

I still have problems tho. Some verses says to be merciful to the Muslims(amongst ourselves) and harsh towards the kafirs. But there are ayats that says that to be kind to those who do not attack us on our deen.

60:7-9 or so.

So let me get this straight and clear, The Prophet SAW didn't curse ALL jews to come? Cause I've seen a Jew on Youtube become Muslim after dawah. so, if every Jew was cursed as I understood it, no Jew would have hope in becoming Muslim, which is a wrong thought from me, cause Allah is all-just, and He does not burden a soul with sins of another soul.

and I feel, and feel free to correct me, that it does not befit Allah to punish the off spring of Jews for what the Jews in the past did. Please do enlighten me and correct me, brother.

To each man their own deed.

noraina
04-12-2016, 07:22 PM
In the Qur'an, the verses which commands us to fight against the non-believers are only for when they initiate hostilities. It is only permitted as a form of self-defence. Islam is a religion of mercy, so many ayats encourage peaceful co-existence whenever possible, such as 'Let there be no compulsion in religion' (2:256).
Surat al-Kafirun is also a very good example of Islam's tolerance.

It wouldn't make sense to be commanded to fight against all those who are not Muslim - and it also wouldn't make sense to not defend yourself when you are being attacked. Islam is a religion of balance and moderation. When possible peace and other alternatives to warfare are highly encouraged.

As for the verses you mentioned, when read together they say exactly that, only defend yourself against those why try to drive you out of your homes - otherwise Allah loves those who are peaceful and just with others.

InshaAllah someone more knowledgeable can provide a better explanation :)

MidnightRose
04-12-2016, 07:55 PM
This forum makes me love the Prophet SAW more. SubhanAllah.

I still have problems tho. Some verses says to be merciful to the Muslims(amongst ourselves) and harsh towards the kafirs. But there are ayats that says that to be kind to those who do not attack us on our deen.

60:7-9 or so.

So let me get this straight and clear, The Prophet SAW didn't curse ALL jews to come? Cause I've seen a Jew on Youtube become Muslim after dawah. so, if every Jew was cursed as I understood it, no Jew would have hope in becoming Muslim, which is a wrong thought from me, cause Allah is all-just, and He does not burden a soul with sins of another soul.

and I feel, and feel free to correct me, that it does not befit Allah to punish the off spring of Jews for what the Jews in the past did. Please do enlighten me and correct me, brother.

To each man their own deed.
Alhamdulillah, that’s admirable. May Allah increase this love even more. Ameen.

Let this love guide you to understand with firm conviction that the Prophet :saws: was never unjust. As Sister noraina has elaborated on: Everything that he :saws: mentioned, including the Qur’an, has a context and should be understood within it.

Your reference to 60:7-9 gives a context for what concerns you. Protecting yourself from disbelief is priority number one.

So no, the Prophet :saws: did not curse all Jews to come. The statements in question were emphasizing the importance of staying away from shirk, with an illustration of how it was done by the Jews (i.e. worshiping at a Prophet's grave).

Serinity
04-12-2016, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by najimuddin
Alhamdulillah, that’s admirable. May Allah increase this love even more. Ameen.

Let this love guide you to understand with firm conviction that the Prophet :saws: was never unjust. As Sister noraina has elaborated on: Everything that he :saws: mentioned, including the Qur’an, has a context and should be understood within it.

Your reference to 60:7-9 gives a context for what concerns you. Protecting yourself from disbelief is priority number one.

So no, the Prophet :saws: did not curse all Jews to come. The statements in question were emphasizing the importance of staying away from shirk, with an illustration of how it was done by the Jews (i.e. worshiping at a Prophet's grave).
I read interfaith is haram, not that I care much about it.

I just fear being of those who thought they were doing good while their deeds became dust...........

I have non muslim friends, and our friendship is not based on religion, Idc about his religion, and he doesn't seem bothered/hateful towards Islam.

I understand that we need the distance, etc. unless we become like them. I can automatically "sense" whether someone is bad or good for me..........

Anyways, I seek refuge within Allah from ever disobeying Allah. May Allah protect us from all evil. Ameen.

And Allah knows best.

Serinity
04-23-2016, 10:37 PM

Please share with me something that'd make me love the Prophet SAW more. I try my best to love him SAW...........

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 02:12 AM

Please share with me something that'd make me love the Prophet SAW more. I try my best to love him SAW...........
what do you mean by that???? you dont love him enough?? u do!

if you want something verbal then ...maybe you already know it, but i'll try! do you know the holy PROPHET pbuh will offer his intercession for us(his ummah) on the day of judgement?. here:

http://www.alahazrat.net/islam/40-ah...ed-prophet.php

Serinity
04-24-2016, 09:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ramen-thelegend
what do you mean by that???? you dont love him enough?? u do!

if you want something verbal then ...maybe you already know it, but i'll try! do you know the holy PROPHET pbuh will offer his intercession for us(his ummah) on the day of judgement?. here:

http://www.alahazrat.net/islam/40-ah...ed-prophet.php
I love him SAW more now.

May Allah cure my heart. :( I am still sick. There is something preventing me from loving him more tho. :/

Jazak Allah khayr. :)

Serinity
04-24-2016, 11:55 AM

Did the Prophet SAW not love his uncle Abu Talib?

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 12:28 PM

Did the Prophet SAW not love his uncle Abu Talib?
ofcourse he did:o. what makes you ask that???:o

do you know that the year in which hazrat khadija and abu talib died was called the year of grief? i.e the 10th year of prophethood.

Serinity
04-24-2016, 12:48 PM
ofcourse he did:o. what makes you ask that???:o

do you know that the year in which hazrat khadija and abu talib died was called the year of grief? i.e the 10th year of prophethood.
I do know..

How do I make my heart rely more on Allah, and my Imaan on Allah, and not science?

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 12:57 PM
I do know..

How do I make my heart rely more on Allah, and my Imaan on Allah, and not science?
by not relating religion to science. keep them apart if you think its hard for you to understand.

i dont know how to rely on ALLAH swt, i only know that he knows about my life, my intentions and my future, i dont wait for him to get things better, i try to do it myself and ask him to guide me to whatever's better.

brother what's wrong with you? is it with your iman or some other problem?

the way i ensure islam is true and fight against satan is by questioning. people's answers vary, but they ensure me that there is a reason/answer and billions of people are not so stupid to believe in something that doesn't exist.

Serinity
04-24-2016, 01:06 PM
by not relating religion to science. keep them apart if you think its hard for you to understand.

i dont know how to rely on ALLAH swt, i only know that he knows about my life, my intentions and my future, i dont wait for him to get things better, i try to do it myself and ask him to guide me to whatever's better.

brother what's wrong with you? is it with your iman or some other problem?

the way i ensure islam is true and fight against satan is by questioning. people's answers vary, but they ensure me that there is a reason/answer and billions of people are not so stupid to believe in something that doesn't exist.

Well,firstly it was an intellectual problem, to a moral doubts etc.

I thought we couldn't love kafirs etc. we'd have to be harsh against them. But I guess the ayat is taken out of context. Allahu alam.

JazakAllah khayr for answering, sister. :)

ramen-thelegend
04-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Well,firstly it was an intellectual problem, to a moral doubts etc.

I thought we couldn't love kafirs etc. we'd have to be harsh against them. But I guess the ayat is taken out of context. Allahu alam.

JazakAllah khayr for answering, sister. :)
wait, i dont get it. so do you still have any doubts? or is it all crystal clear now?

ps. i think you should make full use of your friend @Kiro !

Serinity
04-24-2016, 01:36 PM
wait, i dont get it. so do you still have any doubts? or is it all crystal clear now?

ps. i think you should make full use of your friend @Kiro !
Omg, ok, I have no intellectual doubts. I know that the Quran is true etc. Logically. My Aqeedah etc.

More on the moral side. I'll just think good of the Prophet SAW, and may Allah guide me if I am wrong. Ameen.

Serinity
04-27-2016, 10:47 AM

I want someone to correct me if I am wrong..

I call upon Allah, by His names and Attributes ONLY. Doing otherwise, one can fall into shirk of associating partners with Allah, right?

I am confused, therefore I, to avoid shirk, reject every false diety (obv) and every attribute that Allah doesn't call Himself.

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 10:54 AM

I want someone to correct me if I am wrong..

I call upon Allah, by His names and Attributes ONLY. Doing otherwise, one can fall into shirk of associating partners with Allah, right?

I am confused, therefore I, to avoid shirk, reject every false diety (obv) and every attribute that Allah doesn't call Himself.
Correct. What are you confused about exactly?

Serinity
04-27-2016, 11:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ConcealedGem
Correct. What are you confused about exactly?
sematics.. Language.. I believe in Allah alone, God is in English, etc. Allah is in Arabic.. Refers to Allah, both of them..

If someone comes and says "so and so is the lord of the heavens" I'd label him a liar. Cause Allah alone is! to say otherwise and label it sematics, would, unintentionally make one associate partners with Allah. Audhu billah!

So, I to be on the safe side, reject every false diety, obv. But also every name I don't recognize as Allah.

How do I rid myself off of this confusion with sematics?

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 11:31 AM
sematics.. Language.. I believe in Allah alone, God is in English, etc. Allah is in Arabic.. Refers to Allah, both of them..

If someone comes and says "so and so is the lord of the heavens" I'd label him a liar. Cause Allah alone is! to say otherwise and label it sematics, would, unintentionally make one associate partners with Allah. Audhu billah!

So, I to be on the safe side, reject every false diety, obv. But also every name I don't recognize as Allah.

How do I rid myself off of this confusion with sematics?
Bismillah.

SubhanAllah brother, I think you are over thinking this, the term "lord" is just a synonym for higher being or supreme creator, and Allah knows best, it does not mean that person is referring to another creator. It may mean Allah (we wont know unless we know their religion)

Read Surah A'la/Iqra with translation, look at the words used, subhanAllah we wont be able to get much from the language just by reading plain English and understanding the semantics associated with such words. :/ Which is why we should learn the language of arabic because it will allow us to understand the language of the Quran to its fullest..

For now just concentrate on being the best Muslim you can be, over think less because Shaytan will find you an easy target then.

I came across a quote a while ago and I think it may help, I know you're not depressed but sometimes over thinking can lead to depression, save your iman.

Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahulllah said:

"There is nothing more beloved to shaytan than a depressed believer."

Jazakallah khayran.

Serinity
04-27-2016, 11:37 AM
Bismillah.

SubhanAllah brother, I think you are over thinking this, the term "lord" is just a synonym for higher being or supreme creator, and Allah knows best, it does not mean that person is referring to another creator. It may mean Allah (we wont know unless we know their religion)

Read Surah A'la/Iqra with translation, look at the words used, subhanAllah we wont be able to get much from the language just by reading plain English and understanding the semantics associated with such words. :/ Which is why we should learn the language of arabic because it will allow us to understand the language of the Quran to its fullest..

For now just concentrate on being the best Muslim you can be, over think less because Shaytan will find you an easy target then.

I came across a quote a while ago and I think it may help, I know you're not depressed but sometimes over thinking can lead to depression, save your iman.

Ibn al Qayyim Rahimahulllah said:

"There is nothing more beloved to shaytan than a depressed believer."

Jazakallah khayran.
Ok, I will hold on to Allah. Reject every false diety, but if they say "Oh lord" I'll be like "Idk" cuz Lord could refer to many things.

So yeah.. I accept only Allah and His attributes.

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 11:38 AM
Ok, I will hold on to Allah. Reject every false diety, but if they say "Oh lord" I'll be like "Idk" cuz Lord could refer to many things.

So yeah.. I accept only Allah and His attributes.
Yeah, we can say Lord too but better if we can say Allah of course, Allah knows best.

Yes you do. Do you know what the 6 articles of faith are?

Serinity
04-27-2016, 11:41 AM
Yeah, we can say Lord too but better if we can say Allah of course, Allah knows best.

Yes you do. Do you know what the 6 articles of faith are?
yes.

1. Believe Allah is One
2. His Angels
3. All the Prophets AS, including Prophet Muhammad SAW
4. All revealed scriptures of Allah, in its pure / original form.
5. Hellfire and Jannah.
6. Qadr of Allah. All good and bad is from Allah. (Created, willed, known, written)

Right?

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 11:43 AM
yes.

1. Believe Allah is One
2. His Angels
3. All the Prophets AS, including Prophet Muhammad SAW
4. All revealed scriptures of Allah, in its pure / original form.
5. Hellfire and Jannah.
6. Qadr of Allah. All good and bad is from Allah. (Created, willed, known, written)

Right?
Alhamdulillah you know them, subhanAllah Islam is so easy to follow its just that we make things alot difficult.. (not talking about you)

May Allah protect us all.

Serinity
04-27-2016, 11:47 AM
Alhamdulillah you know them, subhanAllah Islam is so easy to follow its just that we make things alot difficult..
Yeah, subhanAllah, it is simple.

Believe in Allah, as One, and the 5 other things. But I am worried all the time. I ask Allah to forgive me, and guide me. Ameen.

Any unknown name or whatever, I reject. Lest I fall into shirk. Allah knows I believe in Him alone.

ConcealedGem
04-27-2016, 11:51 AM

Believe in Allah, as One, and the 5 other things. But I am worried all the time. I ask Allah to forgive me, and guide me. Ameen.

Any unknown name or whatever, I reject. Lest I fall into shirk. Allah knows I believe in Him alone.
Yes he does. Reassure yourself constantly. And most importantly talk to Allah about your feelings and tell him to remove such anxiety from your heart in Sha Allah.

Serinity
04-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Yes he does. Reassure yourself constantly. And most importantly talk to Allah about your feelings and tell him to remove such anxiety from your heart in Sha Allah.

Perhaps not thinking soo much may be my answer to this :D I will take your advice and try to divert my thoughts, and put my trust in Allah, that He will guide me. :)

Serinity
05-01-2016, 10:21 AM
I've ONE important question.

we have to believe that JINN exists. I.e. IN THEIR EXISTENCE.

But we should NOT believe IN THEM. Right? Get the difference.. The shayateen, we believe IN THEIR EXISTENCE. But NOT IN THEM.. Right?

We have to believe in the evil eye.. in what way? In its existence? In the evil eye itself? Should we believe IN IT, or ITS EXISTENCE? Obv. In its existence I do.. I am just a bit confused.

ramen-thelegend
05-01-2016, 12:49 PM
I've ONE important question.

we have to believe that JINN exists. I.e. IN THEIR EXISTENCE.

But we should NOT believe IN THEM. Right? Get the difference.. The shayateen, we believe IN THEIR EXISTENCE. But NOT IN THEM.. Right?

We have to believe in the evil eye.. in what way? In its existence? In the evil eye itself? Should we believe IN IT, or ITS EXISTENCE? Obv. In its existence I do.. I am just a bit confused.
where is the confusion? its quite simple i.e you believe in their existence and their evil notions. BUT you stay away from them, and seek refuge with ALLAH swt ( i mean reciting quran and all that) if you're suffering because of it.
what do you mean by BELIEVING in them?
yes, you do believe in their abilities and all.

Serinity
05-01-2016, 01:18 PM
where is the confusion? its quite simple i.e you believe in their existence and their evil notions. BUT you stay away from them, and seek refuge with ALLAH swt ( i mean reciting quran and all that) if you're suffering because of it.
what do you mean by BELIEVING in them?
yes, you do believe in their abilities and all.
I just believe in their existence. I don't believe in them, ie. like I believe in Allah SWT. I believe in Allah SWT's existence, and ALLAH SWT HIMSELF. ya know!

I don't want to have the shayateen in my heart, so I reject them from my heart, they exist, yes. But I will never accept them, or believe in them, (i.e. positively etc. IN SHAA' ALLAH you get what I mean!)

noraina
05-01-2016, 01:32 PM
You've got it right bro, we believe in the existence of jinns and the possibility of evil eye, but they only exist by the will of Allah SWT, as do we all- so the only thing we should have belief in and trust fully is Allah SWT and His commandments, all the rest is temporary.

Serinity
05-09-2016, 07:07 AM

I've a doubt.. What are the the thoughts of someone who believe or come to believe in Allah SWT?

I know Allah SWT exists by seeing around me, the complexities of life, etc. the fact that we came into existence. but how do we know that this universe came into existence? I know by analogy that everything we see we say "who created it?" cuz nothing can come by itself.

....... I am just confused. Am I right in saying that 'creating' stuff is something only Allah SWT can do?

Everything that exists must have a creator, who is Allah SWT , who is the creator, with no creator. So the rules of creation do not apply to Allah SWT? Am I thinking right?

I know Allah SWT is outside His creation, I just want to understand His existence.......... Am I right in saying He SWT is the Necessary Existent? May Allah SWT guide me. Ameen.

noraina
05-09-2016, 08:57 AM
Assalamu alaykum,

Bro, your questions really make me think subhanAllah.

Allah SWT is the sole creator of everything in this universe, without Him nothing would exist. You are right in that the physical laws of creation, or of time or gravity or matter, do not apply to Him - for He has no beginning or no end, He has always been here and always will be, long after us or this earth disappears, He is uncreated, so to speak, because He is the only One Who can create, like in surah Ikhlas, where it says 'He was not begotten, not does He beget.' Read the 99 names of Allah SWT and their meaning, with our very limited human capabilities they allow us to understand to a small extent how Allah SWT is.

We know that this universe came into existence, because it is a physical thing and Allah SWT is the Lord of the worlds - it may be so huge and vast, but it is still a creation and when He willed it could disappear just like that.

I think you're also asking if we are allowed to say if humans 'created' something, like a building or computer or car? Yes, we can 'make' and 'fashion' things, but only because Allah SWT has given us the capacity to do so and He has willed it to be. Also, this form of 'creation' is really different. Because the main thing is it is only Allah SWT who can create something from 'nothing', which we can't do. All He says is 'Be, and it is', and it is created subhanAllah. Nothing else can do that.

This is quite hard to explain, may Allah SWT forgive me if I've said anything wrong.

abumuslim82
05-09-2016, 10:03 AM
Alhamdulillah you know them, subhanAllah Islam is so easy to follow its just that we make things alot difficult.. (not talking about you)

May Allah protect us all.
True

Ameen

abumuslim82
05-09-2016, 10:04 AM

������ better

Serinity
05-09-2016, 10:11 AM
But the thought that "there has to be someone who created this, cause things don't just come by themselves, Nothing can come by itself"

Cuz lets say I write on a wall the letter "B" the letter would NEVER be there if I did not write it there, which makes me think that nothing can just 'come to existence' There has to be someone who put it there, created it etc.

But when it comes to Allah SWT, He simply exists, There is no 'before' Allah, cause Allah SWT is the First, He SWT is the self-existing one. The Self-Existing One - Al-Qayyum

This world runs by "cause and effect" which means that EVERYTHING that exist, must have a CAUSE for its existence, because without cause, it wouldn't be there.

Have you ever seen an essay being written without anyone doing anything? no.
Those are the rules which Allah SWT has placed, Allah is outside those rules.

I see those conditions for something to exist, as an 'attribute' of creation. The condition that for something to exist, it must have a cause, only applies to the creation.

Allah SWT is the sole creator, who placed the rules,The only one who can create.

I hope I got something right. lol.

ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 10:16 AM
But the thought that "there has to be someone who created this, cause things don't just come by themselves, Nothing can come by itself"

Cuz lets say I write on a wall the letter "B" the letter would NEVER be there if I did not write it there, which makes me think that nothing can just 'come to existence' There has to be someone who put it there, created it etc.

But when it comes to Allah SWT, He simply exists, There is no 'before' Allah, cause Allah SWT is the First, He SWT is the self-existing one. The Self-Existing One - Al-Qayyum

This world runs by "cause and effect" which means that EVERYTHING that exist, must have a CAUSE for its existence, because without cause, it wouldn't be there.

Have you ever seen an essay being written without anyone doing anything? no.
Those are the rules which Allah SWT has placed, Allah is outside those rules.

I see those conditions for something to exist, as an 'attribute' of creation. The condition that for something to exist, it must have a cause, only applies to the creation.

Allah SWT is the sole creator, who placed the rules,The only one who can create.

I hope I got something right. lol.
Trying to stop myself from replying to this thread.... But let me answer iA.

Everything in this world has a cause for its existence except our rabb who was there, and will always be there, he is infinite. That's what you need to comprehend as a Muslim.

Allahu alam.

Yes you got it right. Don't think too much.

Serinity
05-09-2016, 10:26 AM
Trying to stop myself from replying to this thread.... But let me answer iA.

Everything in this world has a cause for its existence except our rabb who was there, and will always be there, he is infinite. That's what you need to comprehend as a Muslim.

Allahu alam.

Yes you got it right. Don't think too much.
So everything in the whole existence is created by Allah SWT, whom is uncreated, uncaused. Ok. There are things reason can't concieve or comprehend fully, but the concept of it, yes I understand.

ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 10:28 AM
So everything in the whole existence is created by Allah SWT, whom is uncreated, uncaused. Ok. There are things reason can't concieve or comprehend fully, but the concept of it, yes I understand.
Do istighfaar.

Serinity
05-09-2016, 10:31 AM
Do istighfaar.
Do I just pray 2 rakahs and do dua? Or does it has to be a specific one? I don't really know how to do istighfaar.

ConcealedGem
05-09-2016, 10:37 AM
Do I just pray 2 rakahs and do dua? Or does it has to be a specific one? I don't really know how to do istighfaar.
Yes you can do that too.

Istighfar is when we seek forgiveness from Allah and in sha Allah you will feel your heart at ease, do it whenever you can in sha Allah and always keep your tongue busy with these. In sha Allah they will be of much use to you.

This one specifically for istighfar

Extra forms of dhikhr you can read

Allah knows best

Let me know if you want the PDF. IA

Really useful

جزاك اللهُ خير‎

Serinity
05-18-2016, 11:10 AM
JazakAllah khayr.

Sorry, I may sound repetitive, but these thoughts keep coming to me.

I am confused - does the Shariah say to be harsh and mean, and ruthless, while still compassionate? How do you reconcile with this? One ayat says "Be harsh" the other "as long as they attack" and some other says to be kind and smile at the face off oppression..

To be kind to the one who attacks you... :/ I am very confused - what does Allah SWT want from me? I find myself in a flood of confusion and I don't want to leave. Sigh. I feel pushed away

we can't be friends with them, yet we can marry them, and to have al wara al bara, whilst still being compassionate? IDk how to do this. I just want to be myself. But then I feel like a loser. so I won't.

The Prophet SAW showed compassion and never hit a disbeliever when the disbeliever angered (afaik) Idk. What is Islam? I know the fundamentals, but the morals? I am confused.

~ Sabr ~
05-18-2016, 11:22 AM
:salamext:

@Serinity - Seriously, you need to calm down. You are getting way too many waswasa, seek refuge in Allaah from the shaytaan, and live your daily life. Recite Qur'aan, recite Darood Shareef.

Serinity
05-18-2016, 11:28 AM
Wa alaikum salam.

But I need them answered.

And does Quran say to not go with logic?

Misbah0411
05-19-2016, 11:34 PM
Wa alaikum salam.

But I need them answered.

And does Quran say to not go with logic?
There is a time and place for everything. Be polite and respectful to those who do you no harm. Love and befriend the believers for the sake of Allah. Be firm when an issue might compromise your deen. Have contempt for those who despise you because you are a Muslim. Have hatred for the sake of Allah for those who fight Islam and Muslims.

EgyptPrincess
05-19-2016, 11:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Misbah0411
Have hatred for the sake of Allah for those who fight Islam and Muslims.
Define hate and fight please. What constitutes hatred and what constitutes fighting islam and muslims?

Is your local Christian dustman fighting Islam and Muslims? Do you have hatred for this dustman and if so what does this hate entail?

EDIT -
Be polite and respectful to those who do you no harm
never mind I misread this part.

Serinity
05-29-2016, 10:31 AM
But hatred that impedes you etc. and your everyday life.. how can you live with that?

Do you hate shaytaan? Yes. But does it make you miserable? no.

Btw, this verse:

http://legacy.quran.com/60/4

I read the tafsir, and it says to hate and despise and show enmity and hostility to those who disbelieve. Surely it is within context?

Cause honestly I can not hate kuffar personally who disbelieve in Allah SWT, of course I feel sad and a bit angry, but to hate them?

They probably have the same thoughts as I do, doubts, etc.

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 11:06 AM
But hatred that impedes you etc. and your everyday life.. how can you live with that?

Do you hate shaytaan? Yes. But does it make you miserable? no.

Btw, this verse:

http://legacy.quran.com/60/4

I read the tafsir, and it says to hate and despise and show enmity and hostility to those who disbelieve. Surely it is within context?

Cause honestly I can not hate kuffar personally who disbelieve in Allah SWT, of course I feel sad and a bit angry, but to hate them?

They probably have the same thoughts as I do, doubts, etc.
Sister its not as black and white as this.

With regard to the context, all good.

With regard to your ability to apply that context to your life - not good.

I give you an example.

I live in London, and know many people who are not Muslim, I do not hate them, they are indifferent to my religion and I am indifferent to theirs - to them be their way and to me be mine.

Occasionally I find someone who hates me because I am Muslim - Do I now hate them back? And cause problems which make Muslims look bad over something that isn't even my problem but the problem of the hater? The better thing to do is to walk away from ignorance....

....Sometimes that is impossible. And in those cases, you argue with them in the best of ways, and if they refuse to play ball, walk away from them and ask Allah to save you from the trials of such situations.

Naturally you will feel an animosity towards this hater who is ignorant in such situations - and the Qur'an makes it clear that to feel this way is perfectly fine as they are the sworn enemy of Islam.

I hope this helps.

Scimi

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 11:11 AM

A. I sometimes, get the impression that Islam is 'cult-like', cause some verses says to "be ruthless to kafirs, and kind and merciful to your brothers, Muslims" but there is also verses that says to be kind to those who don't attack you on deen....

D. Are we only allowed to be kind to Muslims, even if they are rude.. What about the kafirs, if they are rude, shouldn't we be the mature one?

E. Verse 7:179 says.. Any explanation? Why would Allah punish someone, when they were created for Hell?

I understood that, everyone is born a Muslim, with the ability to believe. But if one does not practice or excerise that ability to discern/believe in truth, one will lose it.. But this ayats makes it sound that they were born with blind hearts. etc. How is it fair?

Would Allah punish someone for being confused? Not knowing? Not finding the truth? Not being convinced?
Reading the biography of the prophet pbuh will give you all you answers sister :)

Scimi

Serinity
05-29-2016, 11:25 AM
Firstly, I am a bro, not a sister. :D

But thing is, whenever I try to do good, these verses come up.. and I probably have the same thoughts a kafir has, when he reads the Quran.

The context may be good - but how I apply it .. I am not good at applying verses. Cause when I read one verse, and then another.. I know it is bound to context.

If a hateful person came up to me and hated me and insulted me for being Muslim, I just end it peacefully, cause indulging in those games may be counterproductive.

you see, we say that how can they hate us for just being Muslim? Then how can we hate them for being Christian? Doesn't it go both ways?

And being indifferent, do you hate other religions? I hate their kufr, therefore their religion. But if I was to meet a christian, and say "I hate your kufr, and your beliefs, and religion. " the christian would get sad perhaps or not even want to be with me.

But that is truth yeah? We have to hate their religion.
May Allah SWT guide me. Ameen.

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 11:43 AM
Firstly, I am a bro, not a sister. :D
My apologies :D

If a hateful person came up to me and hated me and insulted me for being Muslim, I just end it peacefully, cause indulging in those games may be counterproductive.
That's the proper way to do it. mashaAllah.

And being indifferent, do you hate other religions? I hate their kufr, therefore their religion. But if I was to meet a christian, and say "I hate your kufr, and your beliefs, and religion. " the christian would get sad perhaps or not even want to be with me.

But that is truth yeah? We have to hate their religion.
May Allah SWT guide me. Ameen.
I find other religions quite entertaining. Honestly, they are no different to me than Marvel or DC. If a Hindu tells me about his religion, I return with "that's fascinating"... it really is, doesn't make it (their religion) true though does it? :D

Scimi

EDIT: bro Serenity,

The sign of intelligence is being able to entertain an idea, without necessarily having to accept it ;) that's what I tell myself and it makes me smile, coz I get ideas on how to lead the donkey by the carrot. (donkey - person telling me of their religion / carrot - me asking them theological questions which make them do jumping jacks through the fine art of BS they attempt to master :D

Serinity
05-29-2016, 11:59 AM
I am so caught up on hatred....... Sigh. :/LOOOOL

Not hating someone doesn't necessarily mean loving, yeah?

This is just eating me up, and I am probably projecting this on Islam, and thus thinking it is Islam that makes me like this. Which it doesn't.

I feel as though Islam makes me sinful for laughing or liking a kafir, or stuff like that.

I always thought like this - you extinguish fire with water, not with fire. As such you extinguish hatred with tolerance and peace, not hatred upon hatred.

Naturally I do feel animosity with those who lie about Allah SWT or insult Him SWT.

Scimitar
05-29-2016, 01:34 PM
just breathe and remember that the shayateen do whisper doubts... and say your dua's. refocus.

Over time, you get better at it.

Take a rightful step, and Allah takes two towards you. But you need to step first.

Scimi

Serinity
05-29-2016, 01:41 PM
I've not read Quran for a while because of these doubts. Cause everytime I read Quran my doubts are reinforced. My answers lie in the Quran, but I don't understand the Quran, and when I read tafsir, I get even more confused. The Tafsirs on qtafsir.com are not helping me.

But what I will do is use logic, and determine for myself what I do in any situation. But this makes me feel sinful, cuz I have to use the Quran.

This leads me to think, in order to understand the Quran and being able to act upon it - you have to reason and use your brain and logic - for if one does not think, then how can one believe?

So I will use logic, but not independent of the Quran. I mean, I read the Quran, and then use my logic to deduce.

So the Quran is understood only by giving thought. If I just go by what is written without thinking I will go astray.

May Allah SWT forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

But I will keep thinking and using my logic. This seems to help me. :D

so only by thinking and then reading the Quran can one find solace and help. Without thinking, one can't see anything or take help from the Quran, so it seems.

Btw, does Islam say to hate other religions? I do know Islam says to not show enmity or defame other religions.
And Allah SWT knows best.

Hamza Arshad
05-29-2016, 04:04 PM
You may get your answers here:) https://islamqa.info/en/26721 If you have anymore questions,please ask.

Serinity
05-29-2016, 04:38 PM
So it is obligatory to hate kuffar ?

Hamza Arshad
05-29-2016, 05:09 PM
We should actually hate their beliefs. For example we should detest the christian belief that jesus p.b.u.h is the son of god and alike.
But if the non-muslims do not come to islam after being called to islam in an appropriate manner and inturn hate it and are hostile towards Allah then they cannot be loved. As mentioned a muslim's attitude towards them depends upon their attitude towards Allah.But hating them in our hearts does not mean we should deprive them of their rights and oppress them.

Serinity
05-29-2016, 05:12 PM
I will just hate them like I hate shaytaan.

we hate their belief, which in turn we hate their religion. So by that I can't see how there can be peace between a kafir and a Muslim.

I know I am wrong, tho.

Hamza Arshad
05-29-2016, 05:14 PM
The link above also explains how to interact with them and what are their rights that they deserve.

Hamza Arshad
05-29-2016, 05:16 PM
I dont think so. you see if we give them their rights, as explained in the link, i dont think the two parties will be at war

Hamza Arshad
05-29-2016, 05:23 PM
We should debate with them and tell the about islam

Serinity
05-29-2016, 05:27 PM
Even for the enemies of Islam, I only hate their kufr, etc. But feel sad, as no knowledgable one would attack Islam so I see them arrogant or ignorant. and in need for guidance.. Rather than hating them personally.

Is that Islamic?

Btw, does Allah SWT hate every kafir? What about the ignorant, how is it fair to hate them? OR hate those who are depressed and go out of Islam?

Serinity
06-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Is it fardh / obligatory to destroy shrines, etc?

greenhill
06-22-2016, 02:18 PM
Ok.

So can I act human to everyone I meet and stay Muslim? I realise I don't understand Islam 100%

I will stick to Islam no matter what, but I fear hypocrisy.

I also get the impression, that you can't show affection to non muslims. My question is how can we expect people to join Islam then???

Pls make dua for me. One of the reasons I got attracted / considered Islam in the past, was because someone shoed me affection. I very much doubt if they were ruthless, that I would love Islam that much.
There was a story about the prophet pbuh feeding a blind person (can't remember whether it was a man or woman). This person used to shout abuse and obscenities to the prophet. A very nasty piece of work. But the prophet continued to feed the person.

After the prophet passed away, someone (again can't remember who) took over the duty of feeding this wretched person, but the noticing the difference the person asked what happened to the regular feeder and was told that he had passed away, that the feeder was the holy prophet. He converted..

So I am not sure about not having affection.. If I combed my mind it says NOT to make alliances with Christians and Jews who already have pacts between them as they would not have your best interests at heart. Generally I suppose like NATO, IMF the UN etc.. Allahu alem.

Serinity
06-30-2016, 07:33 PM

I've some Aqeedah questions.

I logically know but I want proof / ayats from the Qur'an.

I know athromorphism is kufr akbar. Can u show me an ayat saying that drawing false images of God, is kufr? I know nothing is like Allah :swt: ,

but I need ayats to calm the thoughts.

Can you also show me ayats that explain and / or show the purity of Tawheed.

Jazak Allah khayr.

And Allah :swt: knows best.

Hamza Asadullah
06-30-2016, 10:26 PM

Islam is a complete way of life not a cult or religion. It is the truth from the master of the Universe. The verses you are referring to need to be looked at in context. Some verses which appear to be "ruthless" towards disbelievers were in accordance to a specific situation or time in the past.

In general Allah orders us to be the best towards mankind and we are forbidden to cause harm towards those who do not harm us. We are even ordered to be patient against those who mock at us like the disbelievers who mocked at the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam).

So the answer is we are to be the best towards all of humanity as the Prophet's (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) life is full of examples of love and mercy towards the non believers.

We do not hate anyone but we hate "disbelief" because it is the most hated in the sight of Allah and the biggest crime is ascribing partners to Allah. So we hate disbelief but we do not hate people who disbelieve. For we are ordered to give dawah to them and invite them towards the truth. Similarly we hate all sin. So the moto goes "Hate the sin not the sinner". As we ourselves are sinners.

Innocents are those who do not have the mental capacity to judge between right and wrong (the insane) and those who are prepubescent (before puberty) are all innocent. There are many whom the truth has not reached like those in remote areas and jungles. For Allah will test them in his own way in this world, the next or both. Allah knows best.

Yes absolutely. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) was the perfect example of this. He endured so much hatred, abuse, persecution in the hands of the disbelievers yet he was so patient with him and he did not exact revenge against them when he had opportunities to do so like when after persecution the Muslims came back to Makkah. The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and the Muslims could have exacted revenge for the years of perseution at the hands of the disbelievers but he did'nt. He was a man of mercy.

In his early days of Prophethood when he went to Taif to propogate the truth he was stoned by the people until he bled to his knees. The angel approached him and said that if the Prophet (Salallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) gives the order the angel will crush the town between two mountains. Yet instead of exacting revenge he said "For I have not been sent to exact revenge but as a mercy to mankind". There are so many other examples. Like when this woman used to throw rubbish on the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) almost everyday as he went in and out of his house. Then for a few days the woman did not appear and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) enquired as to where this woman was. This woman was on her death bed and the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) approached her and pleaded with her to accept Islam and she did. Even after so much abuse he did not exact revenge but was always the best towards others.

Read about the life of the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam) and you will find countless examples of love and mercy towards mankind not only towards Muslims but to non believers too.

No one is created for Hell. We all have a choice to make with regards to which path we follow. We all have free will. Allah guides whom he wants but it is us who either go towards or go away from guidance. Allah sends signs throughout each of our lives and he will judge each and every individual fairly and justly in accordance with the way we lived our lives and whether we accepted the signs when they came to us in the form of reminders, guidance, advice etc.

He is the most just and fair and he will not cause injustice of a single atom of any of his creations. So we should concentrate on doing the very best we can in our own lives until we are seized with death which can be at any second.

Serinity
07-01-2016, 11:34 AM

I've some Aqeedah questions.

I logically know but I want proof / ayats from the Qur'an.

I know athromorphism is kufr akbar. Can u show me an ayat saying that drawing false images of God, is kufr? I know nothing is like Allah :swt: ,

but I need ayats to calm the thoughts.

Can you also show me ayats that explain and / or show the purity of Tawheed.

Jazak Allah khayr.

this is causing me a lot of waswass, can anyone bring some ayats? JazakAllah Khayr

AboBakar
07-01-2016, 02:07 PM
I even know that I got problems because of masihu dajjal Laknat Aallah 'alaihi instead .

muslimah_B
07-03-2016, 01:01 AM
this is causing me a lot of waswass, can anyone bring some ayats? JazakAllah Khayr
Here are some links for tawheed

https://islamqa.info/en/49030

https://islamqa.info/en/26338

https://islamqa.info/en/11535

http://www.quranindex.net/kelime.php?id=8531

As for pictures this is the closest i could find to what you wanted if i find something else i will add it in sha Allah

https://islamqa.info/en/10452

Serinity
07-03-2016, 10:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by muslimah_B
Here are some links for tawheed

https://islamqa.info/en/49030

https://islamqa.info/en/26338

https://islamqa.info/en/11535

http://www.quranindex.net/kelime.php?id=8531

As for pictures this is the closest i could find to what you wanted if i find something else i will add it in sha Allah

https://islamqa.info/en/10452
afaik, athromorphism is kufr akbar. And images fall under that, so that too is kufr akbar.

So I believe Allah is One, with no rivals or partners. Nothing is like Him :swt: . He :swt: is unimaginable, unthinkable.

Idk why I am going through this, but may Allah :swt: make me succeed, like I did other times, by His :swt: help. Ameen.

I lack knowledge, sigh.

muslimah_B
07-03-2016, 11:16 AM
afaik, athromorphism is kufr akbar. And images fall under that, so that too is kufr akbar.

So I believe Allah is One, with no rivals or partners. Nothing is like Him :swt: . He :swt: is unimaginable, unthinkable.

Idk why I am going through this, but may Allah :swt: make me succeed, like I did other times, by His :swt: help. Ameen.

I lack knowledge, sigh.
Ameen

Its ok brother, we all go through this at one time or another, we all were created weak & shaytan plays on our weaknesses and doubts, so clear all your doubts and keep reminding your self of who Allah is, a good tip would be to learn all Allahs names, so if you ever feel like this again you can say to yourself
Allah is Al Hakeem - All wise
Allah is Al Azeez - All powerfull
Allah is Ar Raheem - All meecifull
(It will really help)

Surround yourself with good companions if possible, & watch loads of islamic videos on just Allah, His power, His might, His love for us, it will slowly start having an impact on your heart in sha Allah.

Just dont give up, keep striving foward & never forget Allah is sooo mercifull so keep turning to him with repentance & sincerety, dont ever give up :)

Serinity
07-03-2016, 11:38 AM
Ameen

Its ok brother, we all go through this at one time or another, we all were created weak & shaytan plays on our weaknesses and doubts, so clear all your doubts and keep reminding your self of who Allah is, a good tip would be to learn all Allahs names, so if you ever feel like this again you can say to yourself
Allah is Al Hakeem - All wise
Allah is Al Azeez - All powerfull
Allah is Ar Raheem - All meecifull
(It will really help)

Surround yourself with good companions if possible, & watch loads of islamic videos on just Allah, His power, His might, His love for us, it will slowly start having an impact on your heart in sha Allah.

Just dont give up, keep striving foward & never forget Allah is sooo mercifull so keep turning to him with repentance & sincerety, dont ever give up :)
may Allah reward you. Ameen.

I found Tawheed to be simple, but I guess not anymore.

I know the images thing is kufr akbar and I reject it but it keeps playing in my mind and I hate it. I just fear Allah will punish me for those thoughts.

Knowledge without understanding - not good. I do understand that Allah is One, Indivisible.

the company you have really changes how much you respect Allah :swt: or how Allah - conscious you are. At least for me.

May Allah forgive me and all of us for the passing ( or exploring of thoughts ) and help us. Ameen. I know Allah forgives passing thoughts. However, will He :swt: forgive for bad / shirky thoughts occuring for exploring and trying to gain understanding? In shaa' Allah.

muslimah_B
07-03-2016, 12:03 PM
may Allah reward you. Ameen.

I found Tawheed to be simple, but I guess not anymore.

I know the images thing is kufr akbar and I reject it but it keeps playing in my mind and I hate it. I just fear Allah will punish me for those thoughts.

Knowledge without understanding - not good. I do understand that Allah is One, Indivisible.

the company you have really changes how much you respect Allah :swt: or how Allah - conscious you are. At least for me.

May Allah forgive me and all of us for the passing ( or exploring of thoughts ) and help us. Ameen. I know Allah forgives passing thoughts. However, will He :swt: forgive for bad / shirky thoughts occuring for exploring and trying to gain understanding? In shaa' Allah.

Ameen, Ameen

Well if you didnt know then you wont be punished, but if you knew it was shirky and still continued with no stopping or repentance then yea thats a problem.
But if your learning about it and still dont quite understand something then Allah is All mercifull, but as we are told "if in doubt leave it out" :)

Yes our companions have a great impact on all of us at one point or another,

Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him): “The likeness of a good companion and a bad companion is that of a perfume seller and one who works the bellows. With the perfume seller, either he will give you something or you will buy something from him, or you will notice a good smell from him, but with the one who works the bellows, either he will burn your clothes or you notice a bad smell from him.” Narrated by Muslim, no. 2628.*

In an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend." [reported by Abu Dawood & Tirmidhee].

Serinity
07-04-2016, 09:39 PM
The thoughts wont stop and I know it is kufr.. I feel cursed. :( well.. May Allah guide me. Ameen.

Everytime I say "I believe in Allah" I get shirky thoughts. I know we can NOT know how Allah looks. It is kufr to even think that one can 'try' as Allah is unimaginable known cuz nothing is like Allah.

It helps typing my problems out.
I reject athromorphism and I know these thoughts are from shaytaan. May Allah forgive me. Ameen. I feel so weak and angry at myself :/ How stupid I am

I will keep shunning the thiughts and reject them.

muslimah_B
07-04-2016, 11:44 PM
The thoughts wont stop and I know it is kufr.. I feel cursed. :( well.. May Allah guide me. Ameen.

Everytime I say "I believe in Allah" I get shirky thoughts. I know we can NOT know how Allah looks. It is kufr to even think that one can 'try' as Allah is unimaginable known cuz nothing is like Allah.

It helps typing my problems out.
I reject athromorphism and I know these thoughts are from shaytaan. May Allah forgive me. Ameen. I feel so weak and angry at myself :/ How stupid I am

I will keep shunning the thiughts and reject them.

Ameen

Keep making dua brother

Dont let these thoughts get the better of you, remember that we dont need to see Allah to believe in Him, our faith is based on our belief of Allah being the Al-mighty creator of everything,

https://youtu.be/eXJaiBtfv3c

https://youtu.be/2sINPMvdfQE

https://youtu.be/rHeqF9EV0Bs

https://youtu.be/14OFTRVHmLE

https://youtu.be/H4cuSlWDh-w

https://youtu.be/5pyZkY93B2A

https://youtu.be/NSwPVJ8zCv0

https://youtu.be/Xy5r7GFQThI

https://youtu.be/EVbcD0Vku_I

https://youtu.be/UNzNPBV8Q4M

https://youtu.be/Hg4N4tzIVoY

In sha Allah these will help you

Serinity
07-05-2016, 01:42 AM
Reminders help me by reminding me about who Allah is. May Allah reward you. Ameen. It helps me return or purify my understanding of Tawheed. Truly we actually do need reminders no matter how much one knows. And Allah knows best.

muslimah_B
07-05-2016, 02:02 AM
Reminders help me by reminding me about who Allah is. May Allah reward you. Ameen. It helps me return or purify my understanding of Tawheed. Truly we actually do need reminders no matter how much one knows. And Allah knows best.
Ameen

Your welcome, if you need anymore videos please let me know and in sha Allah i will post more.

We all should reaffirm our faith daily even all the time & remind ourselves of who Allah is & His power then in sha Allah our emaan gets stronger & these small waswas will not affect us as much as they do now

We are all struggling even me but Alhamdulilah we have Allah to always turn to & learn about :)

Serinity
07-15-2016, 06:15 PM
I know the answer, but Here goes

worship is only for Allah :swt: exclusive to Him :swt:

Any ayats about how perfect Allah is?

Worshipping anyone besides Allah is shirk I know.

Part of tawheed is to worship ONLY Allah
I'm sorry for posting but over thinking is causing waswass. :/
Allah knows best.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 06:45 PM
I know the answer, but Here goes

worship is only for Allah :swt: exclusive to Him :swt:

Any ayats about how perfect Allah is?

Worshipping anyone besides Allah is shirk I know.

Part of tawheed is to worship ONLY Allah
I'm sorry for posting but over thinking is causing waswass. :/
Allah knows best.
“Glorify the Name of your Lord, the Most High.” (87:1)

“Whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth glorifies Allah – and He is the All-Mighty, All-Wise.” (57:1)

“Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allah, the King (of everything), the Holy, the All-Mighty, the All-Wise.” (62:1)

“Whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is on the earth glorifies Allah. His is the dominion, and to Him belong all the praises and thanks, and He is Able to do all things.” (64:1)

"He has made night and day subservient to you, and the sun and moon and stars, all subject to His command. There are certainly signs in that for people who use their intellect." (Surat An-Nahl: 12)

"Have they not looked at the sky above them: how we structured it and made it beautiful and how there are no fissures in it? And the earth: how we structured it out and cast firmly embedded mountains onto it and caused luxuriant plants of every kind to grow in it, and instruction and a reminder for every penitent human being."*(Surat Qaf: 6-8)

Tbh the whole entire Quran is a proof of Allah & how perfect Allah is but being non-arab speakers we wont be able to understand or appreciate this yet, with the language used & different words same meaning but used differently etc etc

Everything Allah created is perfect, look to the skies, the sea, the animals, the atmosphere, the water cycle, down to us how every muscle, tendon, artery etc is in the perfect place in order for us to move, breathe, hear, see and think.
Allah is above perfection, we cant begin to comprehend Allah's power, wise, might all we can say and know that Allah is above everything we can possibly imagine

Serinity
07-15-2016, 07:07 PM
I see. Look, I know worship is for Allah ALONE.

I have been overthinking this. May Allah protect me from shirk and forgive me and all of us. Ameen

I've no doubt atm that Allah exists. From the creation I see intelligence everywhere (everything is created with whatever suits them, in colour, abilities etc)

I want to know what Shirk is. I know. It is, may Allah protect us from that, worshipping others besides Allah. Be it snake or other creations of Allah.

Allah is One. And only Him alone do we worship.

May Allah reward you. Ameen. I fear betraying Allah :/ but from reading Qur'an I feel better.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 07:20 PM
I see. Look, I know worship is for Allah ALONE.

I have been overthinking this. May Allah protect me from shirk and forgive me and all of us. Ameen

I've no doubt atm that Allah exists. From the creation I see intelligence everywhere (everything is created with whatever suits them, in colour, abilities etc)

I want to know what Shirk is. I know. It is, may Allah protect us from that, worshipping others besides Allah. Be it snake or other creations of Allah.

Allah is One. And only Him alone do we worship.

May Allah reward you. Ameen. I fear betraying Allah :/ but from reading Qur'an I feel better.
Ameen to all your duas..

Your giving too much time and effort to the waswas your experiencing, all these doubts & thoughts are from shaytan ALONE, he is working on those tiny thoughts/doubts you may have and manifesting them to something huge which is impacting you, bro YOU are allowing this to happen, once you have a doubt find out about it and squash it the moment you have it and stop the shaytan before he feeds of that doubt and you question yourself.

Emmerse yourself in islam, Quran, lectures, even nasheeds

Be strong bro

https://youtu.be/uu3-Gs11CBg

https://youtu.be/7Vnr8_PK0cM

https://youtu.be/L6Kx_qoS6hU

https://youtu.be/9pq8ZEYjw9o

Serinity
07-15-2016, 10:05 PM
I will stop the thoughts. I admit those thoughts drove me almost to giving up. I will believe more in myself and Allah.

just to reassure my thoughts. Worship is ONLY for Allah. I fear I said anything shirky. I know we only worship Allah. May Allah forgive me. Ameen.

muslimah_B
07-15-2016, 10:16 PM
I will stop the thoughts. I admit those thoughts drove me almost to giving up. I will believe more in myself and Allah.

just to reassure my thoughts. Worship is ONLY for Allah. I fear I said anything shirky. I know we only worship Allah. May Allah forgive me. Ameen.
Ameen bro... keep your head up and stay strong, dont let shaytan drag you down to his level

If you fear youv said anything shirky, repeat your shahada untill the feeling goes in sha Allah

Serinity
07-21-2016, 05:51 PM
I know.. I am right.. But I want reassurance lol.

Worshipping anyone or ANYTHING besides Allah, is Shirk. As Worship is the unique right of Allah. Allah's command is to worship none but Him. And He forbade shirk.. It is logical. Allah forbade alcohol, therefore alcohol is haram.

Allah :swt: commanded to pray 5 times, the one who doesn't disobeys Allah. The one who doesn't affirm that worship is only For Allah, inward and outward, doesn't believe in tawheed. Tawheed of Worship is basically doing all acts of worship for Allah alone, and not worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah (Shirk)

So:

A: Tawheed: Worship Allah alone.
B: Shirk is: Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah.
........ Yeh. Iknow.

muslimah_B
07-21-2016, 06:04 PM
I know.. I am right.. But I want reassurance lol.

Worshipping anyone or ANYTHING besides Allah, is Shirk. As Worship is the unique right of Allah. Allah's command is to worship none but Him. And He forbade shirk.. It is logical. Allah forbade alcohol, therefore alcohol is haram.

Allah :swt: commanded to pray 5 times, the one who doesn't disobeys Allah. The one who doesn't affirm that worship is only For Allah, inward and outward, doesn't believe in tawheed. Tawheed of Worship is basically doing all acts of worship for Allah alone, and not worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah (Shirk)

So:

A: Tawheed: Worship Allah alone.
B: Shirk is: Worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah.
........ Yeh. Iknow.

yessssssss !!!!!!!

now please slap yourself whenever you doubt that :)

Serinity
07-21-2016, 06:06 PM
yessssssss !!!!!!!

now please slap yourself whenever you doubt that :)
Yaaaaaassh.. I feel happy! I was right all along! I am happy that Islam is soo clear and pure in monotheism! :D

Serinity
07-24-2016, 09:27 PM

Yes, I know.. But I always get the thought "Is the Quran's definition of shirk, really "worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah" "

I believe in Tawheed, reject shirk, yet whenever I say I believe in the Quran, the aforementioned^^ thought comes.

I've cried my eyes out.. And had many bad thoughts.

Allahu alam.

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 12:22 PM

Yes, I know.. But I always get the thought "Is the Quran's definition of shirk, really "worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah" "

I believe in Tawheed, reject shirk, yet whenever I say I believe in the Quran, the aforementioned^^ thought comes.

I've cried my eyes out.. And had many bad thoughts.

Allahu alam.
Your back here again LOL

Slap yourself twice very hard !

Lets go through the basics of belief to help you and me & anyone else ok. Im writing from my notes.

Emaan - inward belief
Islam - outward belief
Ishan - perfecting both emaan & islam, worshipping Allah as though He is right infront of you and you can see Him. (Higher level)
Worshipping Allah as though you know he is watching you (lower level)

Emaan :-
1. Tasdeeq bil Qalb - knowing it in the heart
2. Iqrar bil lisan - confirming it with the tongue
3. Amal bil jawariah - activity through limbs.

2 types of shirk :-

Shirk e khafi - creating rivals for Allah by following naffs (love for the world, when love comes between you & Allah)

Shirk e jalli - worshipping other deities than Allah, associating partners with Allah,

Serinity
07-25-2016, 02:55 PM
So shirk is worshipping anything or anyone besides Allah.. I know!

I keep doubting though. I know Tawheed is to worship NONE but Allah. Opposite of Tawheed is shirk! so opposite of worshipping none but Allah, is worshipping anyone or ANYTHING besides Allah (definition of shirk) RIGHT?!

The opposite of the word " NONE " is ANYTHING or ANYONE. Right?

Allahu alam.

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 03:42 PM
So shirk is worshipping anything or anyone besides Allah.. I know!

I keep doubting though. I know Tawheed is to worship NONE but Allah. Opposite of Tawheed is shirk! so opposite of worshipping none but Allah, is worshipping anyone or ANYTHING besides Allah (definition of shirk) RIGHT?!

The opposite of the word " NONE " is ANYTHING or ANYONE. Right?

Allahu alam.
If in doubt read what i wrote

Your driving yourself crazy for no reason, you know the answer !!!!

Serinity
07-25-2016, 03:53 PM
If in doubt read what i wrote

Your driving yourself crazy for no reason, you know the answer !!!!
So I am right! So Allah says to reject shirk (definition: worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah. Attributing rights or attributes unique to Allah, shirk means "to join together". )

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 04:00 PM
So I am right! So Allah says to reject shirk (definition: worshipping anyone or anything besides Allah. Attributing rights or attributes unique to Allah, shirk means "to join together". )
https://youtu.be/vQWqGlfysuA

noraina
07-25-2016, 04:01 PM
Bro, it's like what we were discussing in that other thread. Too much questioning can sometimes lead to more harm than good.

We like to overcomplicate things, and shaytaan likes to take advantage of that until we torture ourselves with questions which lead to more questions and more questions....Islam is simple, you understand it absolutely correct alhamdulillah so just ignore any uncertainities which creep into your mind, as sis muslimah_B said.

This hair-splitting sometimes takes us away from what we should really be focusing on, worshipping Allah swt and making sure we stay on the right path.

As you said Islam is pure monotheism - and it's beauty is in the all-embracing simplicity of its doctrines. :)

Serinity
07-25-2016, 04:11 PM
Ok.. I accidentally said something shirky..

But am I ok?

I believe in Tawheed, worship is for Allah alone, I do not worship anyone or anything besides Allah, as that is shirk, and I reject shirk. Worship is solely for Allah alone. Do I believe in Tawheed of Worship?
YESSSSSS

By Allah, I overthink everything. From math, to english grammar, to everything! :crying: Am I obeying Allah? The Quran says to worship none but Allah, to not worship anyone or anything except Allah!

Allah's unique attributes and rights, are for Him alone, those who attribute anything that is for Allah alone, to anyone or anything, has committed shirk! right?!

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Ok.. I accidentally said something shirky..

But am I ok?

I believe in Tawheed, worship is for Allah alone, I do not worship anyone or anything besides Allah, as that is shirk, and I reject shirk. Worship is solely for Allah alone. Do I believe in Tawheed of Worship?
YESSSSSS

By Allah, I overthink everything. From math, to english grammar, to everything! :crying: Am I obeying Allah? The Quran says to worship none but Allah, to not worship anyone or anything except Allah!

Allah's unique attributes and rights, are for Him alone, those who attribute anything that is for Allah alone, to anyone or anything, has committed shirk! right?!
Bro please just sit down and have some water maybe a biscuit and CHILL OUT

You are going to make your brain explode LOL.

Yes Allah is one
No Allah does not have any children (astagfirllah )
No Allah does not need any help (astagfirllah)
Yes Allah is to be worshipped alone

Allah is above and beyond eveything and anything, Allah is mercifull & forgiving, so yes your ok :)

Serinity
07-25-2016, 04:34 PM
Bro please just sit down and have some water maybe a biscuit and CHILL OUT

You are going to make your brain explode LOL.

Yes Allah is one
No Allah does not have any children (astagfirllah )
No Allah does not need any help (astagfirllah)
Yes Allah is to be worshipped alone

Allah is above and beyond eveything and anything, Allah is mercifull & forgiving, so yes your ok :)
So my understanding of shirk is ok. I see.

Whenever I say I believe in the Quran shaytaan pokes my head. No worries, every Muslim I asked, my understanding of shirk turned positive.

So I know I am right, and that the definition of shirk is that of the Quran. For shaytaan always lies. you guys would have corrected me long ago if I was wrong! SO no way am I wrong.

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 04:48 PM
So my understanding of shirk is ok. I see.

Whenever I say I believe in the Quran shaytaan pokes my head. No worries, every Muslim I asked, my understanding of shirk turned positive.

So I know I am right, and that the definition of shirk is that of the Quran. For shaytaan always lies. you guys would have corrected me long ago if I was wrong! SO no way am I wrong.
Yes bro
All the doubts are from shaytan so tell shaytan to go away and remind him hes a turd going straight to jahhanumm :)

Serinity
07-25-2016, 05:07 PM
Yes bro
All the doubts are from shaytan so tell shaytan to go away and remind him hes a turd going straight to jahhanumm :)
Yes! may Allah :swt: unite us in Jannah! Ameen..

may Allah :swt: forgive me for almost losing and forgive me being frustrated. Ameen.

muslimah_B
07-25-2016, 05:17 PM
Yes! may Allah :swt: unite us in Jannah! Ameen..

may Allah :swt: forgive me for almost losing and forgive me being frustrated. Ameen.
Ameeen bro !

Now just relax and chill out :)

Serinity
07-29-2016, 01:10 AM
Ameeen bro !

Now just relax and chill out :)
As salamu alaikum,

Well, I made the definition of shirk and Tawheed according to the Quran - my signature.

Please read it, In shaa' Allah it is ok! I got this idea from a friend, so whenever I have doubts, I just read my signature.

Serinity
08-11-2016, 09:26 PM

So living in the West.. Is it allowed? Cuz I read a hadith that said the Prophet :saw: will disown any Muslim who settles amongst the disbelievers?

Is it prohibited?

I also read that Qur'an says you can not show affection to the disbelievers, but didn't Prophet :saw: show affection to Ibn Talib, a disbeliever?

I also hate the mindset of "all kaffirs hate us". It simply doesn't fit with me. Does Qur'an encourage such an attitude? Cuz I've met sensible non-muslims. Especially some teachers. And I am pretty sure they didn't hate me for being Muslim.

As for Tawheed:

A Muslim is one who worships Allah alone, only then is one a Muslim.

Aaqib
08-12-2016, 12:12 AM

So living in the West.. Is it allowed? Cuz I read a hadith that said the Prophet :saw: will disown any Muslim who settles amongst the disbelievers?

Is it prohibited?

I also read that Qur'an says you can not show affection to the disbelievers, but didn't Prophet :saw: show affection to Ibn Talib, a disbeliever?

I also hate the mindset of "all kaffirs hate us". It simply doesn't fit with me. Does Qur'an encourage such an attitude? Cuz I've met sensible non-muslims. Especially some teachers. And I am pretty sure they didn't hate me for being Muslim.

As for Tawheed:

A Muslim is one who worships Allah alone, only then is one a Muslim.

I think the prophet is talking about betraying the muslims in battle maybe?

Serinity
08-12-2016, 04:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I think the prophet is talking about betraying the muslims in battle maybe?
Idk, I just hear much about how bad it is to live in the west. I mean, sure, there are bad things like prevalent indecency, acceptance of nudity, and stuff.

So, is it?

Serinity
09-28-2016, 05:46 PM
Explain hating for the sake of Allah.

we do not hate people personally, but their sins, we do not hate the sinner for their sins, but isn't it natural to hate people if they murdered your family?

Would you not hate a person who killed your brother?

For now I understand it like this.

we hate for the sake of Allah - which means we do not hate with our nafs - desires. I.e. anger, etc. So we hate the sin, not the sinner? at all times?

Al Sultan
09-29-2016, 04:32 PM
Salam O Alikum

Subhan allah,you remind me of the old me which was like 4 or 3 months ago,i was having so much wiswas at a point I started going through the basics of islam LOL,and subhan allah the same thoughts were going through my head,but what I see is,you're a good muslim,and idk why but you're really scared from believing others in Allah,which shows how much submissive you are to Allah,i actually had the same thought but not exact,i was wondering "What if I am believing in allah,but then I am not?" so I went crazy on google and then I came across this which warmed up my heart so much,"He who is worried about wither he is a munafiq or not,he's not" a munafiq is a muslim who doesn't believe in god anymore,stops praying (I prayed and everything hamdillah I only thoughts that allah doesn't exist,but then again I go back to the miracles of the quran,and started having thoughts that prophet mohammed (pbuh) didn't exist "Ikr? stupid thoughts lol" but then,i watched a lot of Islamic videos,and the most common thing that was said throughout all the Islamic scholars was "It's how strong you will hold on to the book of Allah" and it just hit me,i didn't even read the quran once! so I started going through it and I began reading it,subhan allah,the first verse touched me already,like it left me speechless,i wanted answers for my questions and I got them from reading the first page of the quran,Allahu Akbar,brother I would LOVE to help you out,as for your doubts,you can ask me what you're having doubts for cuz I wanna help you brother,and also I remember having tears down my cheeks saying "O allah don't make one of the ahtiests and polytheists" but the first thing I recommend you to do is,read the quran,YOU have to bro,its the guidance for life,and also know that satan LOVES to trick very good muslims like you,and yes you are a very good muslim mashallah,so just pretend you're having no bad thoughts,if you're having them,ignore them,read or listen to the quran,the shaytan might get sick listening to the beautiful powerful words of Allah.So brother,if you have any question,just ask,i understand Islam a lot and I wanna help you so bad so that allah can guide you,ameen <3

Wa Assalamo Alikum Wa Rahtumallahi' wa barakato

Serinity
09-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Wa alaikum salam,

I have no doubts, it is just recurring waswass on shirk and Tawheed. I already know worship is ONLY for Allah, and worshipping ANYONE, or anything, or whatever or whoever, no matter what or who, besides Allah, is shirk akbar.

I know one has to believe in the Qur'aan 100%, the Sunnah 100%. So what can rid me off the waswass????????

I've been struggling to stay on The Qur'aan and The Sunnah, trying soo much.

As salamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh.

Al Sultan
09-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Try to read atleast 30 minutes of quran,i have a lot on my hand so I cant read the quran every day unfortunately,well brother,for wiswas,im not sure wallahi.I started having wiswas when I wasn't learning much about islam,i was kind of a practicing muslim,but after I heard this line from an Islamic video,i completely changed and I became a "practicing" muslim,started going to the prayers,started learning islam more and more,but then I also saw some bad things,like the quran is a lie for example(which is of course not) and that's when wiswas was coming on,i read the quran a bit,listened to quran,understood it,but I still had doubts,i don't know how I don't have wiswas anymore,basically you have to do a lot of dua,and read the quran and understand it and watch Islamic videos about it,and basically go through all of that,thats how I got rid off it,sometimes the wiswas might stay on you,why? BECAUSE IT'S A TEST FROM ALLAH,he'll see how STRONG you really are to his book and to his message,but if he sees that you're suffering a lot,he'll remove this "disease" from your heart,what I recommend you to do is,try to get as much as time on the quran,listen to the quran,understand it,and make dua,i will make dua for you inshallah,and jummah Mubaraka <3 (Since it's 12 AM here in the UAE)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.