/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Has Allah forsaken me ?

smallkid
02-19-2016, 06:59 PM
Hi,

Its been a year since my last post, and things did not improve a bit and I am seriously contemplating suicide.

All my prayers in Tahajjud and during Shab-e-Qadr have been rejected by Allah for some unknown reason.

I am not doing any major sins, and paying alot in charity but yet due to Allah's silence, I am falling into a deep pit of depression.

Athiests , drunkards, and womanizer do get Allah's response even Allah helps them do impossible, but Allah is not accepting my duas.

My imaan has taken a hit, and I am about to leave the religion.

Please advice and pray for me.

Regards,

Small Kid

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faithbox
02-19-2016, 07:09 PM
It will be allright brother,Do remember that what Allah swt dont answers, will be kept for later.
When you leave your fate and your one true god. Possible miracles will be viewed as coincodence instead of destiny. Patience will pay you out the most. Peace be upon you

Snow
02-19-2016, 07:09 PM
Relax.
Some may seem like they have life figured out and then things are not too great.
The opposite happens all the time.
Stubborn it out and see where life leads you.

Serinity
02-19-2016, 07:13 PM
just give it ya all!!

Say to yourself "I CAN DO IT!! I WON't GIVE UP!!... I WON'T ACCEPT FAILURE! I WILL SUCCEED."

And do your BEST to do what YOU can, and Allah WILL help.. If you fail... TRY AGAIN.. DON'T give up. say to yourself "I can't accept failure, I can't afford to lose" etc.

I will hold my head high and look directly at this world and conquer myself! I won't let silly people, or this world, or myself, even. Get in my way. I will accomplish what I have in mind, even at the face of oppression! I will attain success.. In shaa' Allah.

And then you go!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
hisnameiszzz
02-19-2016, 07:20 PM
Sending positive thoughts and internet hugs your way.

I know how you feel. I fluctuate between feeling happy one day to depressed the next but losing your faith is NOT the answer. And I also sometimes feel the whole "why do my prayers not get accepted but everyone else's are accepted", but that only makes me feel even worse than ever before, so I try and not think like that.

I am sure the others on here will be able to point you in the right direction and advise you. I will keep an eye on this thread as I think it will be beneficial to me.

smallkid
02-19-2016, 07:28 PM
After first failure I handled it patiently, after second I was patient, but after the seventh failure in the same things, I have lost my imaan and self seeing nothing else but the dreaded alternative which I never wanted to happen. It is the only alternative, and I know I will not be same person after that. Some may say that there will be goodness in that alternative, but I do not want that option. Death is better than going that path. May Allah understand and accept my dua. But seven failures, and still going nowhere. The other bad thing is that my entire family is involved, and it is not just a failure for me, but for my entire family, and it is giving a negative rapport to my family. If I had been the only one getting rejected by Allah, it wouldnt have bothered me much, but when it comes to my family, I simply cannot take it anymore. Where are all my good deeds going ? Even drunkards are happier than me and get everything they want, but not me. All my duas are taking me nowhere.

smallkid
02-19-2016, 07:30 PM
Also rest assured there is no shortage of effort or bad intentions for anyone my part, but yet I am feeling the wrath and ignorance from Allah.

Serinity
02-19-2016, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by smallkid
Also rest assured there is no shortage of effort or bad intentions for anyone my part, but yet I am feeling the wrath and ignorance from Allah.
Allah is all-aware, and would never ignore you.

Perhaps there is a thing you must do, or a thing you are missing.

Whatever it is, don't give up.

Musa Addi
02-19-2016, 08:54 PM
Salam,

What is it your asking for? You must be sincere in your request. Also if you are asking for money or worldly things that's not how it works. Otherwise we'll all have everything we want. There are people around the world starving so we should be thankful.

I don't know what it is you are struggling from, but you mentioned that you failed 7 times. Is it a business?

Anyway, the prophet pbuh at times couldn't find anything to eat either. We have it good brother we just need to be patient. If the best man created can go through hardships then who am I and who are you to think we should be spared?

Sorry if I offended you on any way.

Salam

smallkid
02-19-2016, 11:04 PM
HE was the prophet, the best of the creation. I am an ordinary mortal. I have been burdened with more than I can handle, yet I stand no where close to success. All my nightmares in life have come true. On the other hand I see people who do all sorts of bad things yet Allah has given them everything, and Allah has screwed me almost in everything. I am a letdown and an embarrassment for my family.

MidnightRose
02-20-2016, 12:06 AM
HE was the prophet, the best of the creation. I am an ordinary mortal. I have been burdened with more than I can handle, yet I stand no where close to success. All my nightmares in life have come true. On the other hand I see people who do all sorts of bad things yet Allah has given them everything, and Allah has screwed me almost in everything. I am a letdown and an embarrassment for my family.
:sl: Brother,

Reflect on the story of Ayyub :as:. Compare your predicament with what he :as: had to go through.

He :as: strictly focused on his relationship with Allah :swt1:, regardless of what was happening to him and for how long.

Additionally, since you may not be able to relate to this, in the following video, Shaykh Hamza Yusuf offers some guidance that you may find relevant to your situation.

Kiro
02-20-2016, 03:27 AM
bro life is a test and your faith is being tested because you PUT A LOT OF WORK like doing tahajud but Allah is asking you to keep holding onto "La illah ha illillah"

you will be rewarded in the hereafter and remember all your problems are temporary, Nabi SAW went through something similar; he was very upset because he did not get revelation for a long time and he would get it frequently but he was patient and revelation came that his Rabb has not forsaken him

The-Deist
02-20-2016, 06:45 AM
Reminds me of my story to some extent.

Serinity
02-20-2016, 08:25 AM
Just don't give up..

I mean, Naruto never gave up! never went back on his words!

Now, I know this is hard.. But even if you fail a 100 times, "I will succeed somehow!"

If it is studies, then study harder! do dua etc. And put in effort.

smallkid
02-20-2016, 10:32 AM
Why do Allah becomes unearing sometimes ?.(Nauzubillah)

hisnameiszzz
02-20-2016, 10:50 AM
What do you mean by unearing sometimes?

smallkid
02-20-2016, 10:55 AM
Unhearing*

Isn't it against his attributes he mentioned in Quran ? I have found him to be against his 99 names Asma al Husna (Nauzubbilah).

hisnameiszzz
02-20-2016, 11:09 AM
I feel your pain brother. I feel your pain. I have had quite a few issues with Him not listening to or aiding me. My requests are not worldly or selfish but simply that he gives hidayat to the ghastly people that live next door but it's not happening!

Maybe I am doing something wrong hence Him not listening to me. I know it's not right to complain but I also know how unjust it is to be oppressed.

Sorry I am taking over your thread. I do apologise. But I wanted you to know you are not the only one who is suffering.

Stay strong young man.

azc
02-20-2016, 12:16 PM
Hi,Its been a year since my last post, and things did not improve a bit and I am seriously contemplating suicide.All my prayers in Tahajjud and during Shab-e-Qadr have been rejected by Allah for some unknown reason.I am not doing any major sins, and paying alot in charity but yet due to Allah's silence, I am falling into a deep pit of depression.Athiests , drunkards, and womanizer do get Allah's response even Allah helps them do impossible, but Allah is not accepting my duas.My imaan has taken a hit, and I am about to leave the religion. Please advice and pray for me. Regards,Small Kid
:salam:Neither suicide nor apostasy can solve your problems.This is the path of piety your treading whereupon, believe me your closer to top but a wrong action entails falling you into deep valley of darkness of sin, however, if you remain firm and keep on moving slowly, inshaAllah you'll reach your destination and henceforth the success will be clinging to your feet. Just a bit more patience is needed. Now you can do either of 2 things:-Get in touch with a kamil (perfect) shaykh or Go with tabligi jamat for 4 months.Generally Former is confusing for us so Latter is more suitable for you....No why, No how. Just do it, also ask them including responsible ppl of markaz to do dua for you. May Allah swt make it easy for you and give you all happiness in both the worlds. Ameen

Serinity
02-20-2016, 01:01 PM
My hugest problem is doubts lol.

:) Stay strong young guy. In shaa' Allah we will pull through, and get to Jannah. :)

Musa Addi
02-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Unhearing*

Isn't it against his attributes he mentioned in Quran ? I have found him to be against his 99 names Asma al Husna (Nauzubbilah).
He is not unhearing. Simply put, you will not get everything you ask for right away. And who's to say you will get it in this life? Some people will only get the hereafter and live a long poor life on earth all while having faith in Allah swt

burstingspace
02-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Dont commit suicide! Its a major sin! Leaving the religion is also extremely bad! none of those options end with good results! Just have faith it will all workout i tell you!

AabiruSabeel
02-20-2016, 07:28 PM
Ibn al-Jawzi :rh: says in one of his books:

I think part of the test is when a believer supplicates and receives no response, and he repeats the dua for a long time and sees no sign of a response. He should realize that this is a test and needs patience.

What a person experiences of waswaas (whispers from shaytan) when the response is delayed is a sickness which needs medicine – I have experienced this myself. A calamity befell me and I supplicated and did not see any response, and Iblees started to lay his traps. Sometimes he said: The generosity (of Allah) is abundant and He is not miserly, so why is there a delay?

I said to him: Be gone, O cursed one, for I have no need of anyone to argue my case and I do not want you as a supporter!

Then I told myself: Beware of going along with his whispers, for if there was no other reason for the delay except that Allah is testing you to see whether you will fight the enemy, that is sufficient wisdom.

My soul (nafs) said: How could you explain the delay in the response of Allah to your prayers for relief from this calamity?

I said: It is proven with evidence that Allah, may He be glorified and exalted, is the Sovereign, and the Sovereign may withhold or give, so there is no point in objecting to Him.

The wisdom behind that is proven in definitive evidence. I may think that something is good, but wisdom does not dictate it, but the reason for that may be hidden, just as a doctor may do things that appear outwardly to be harmful, intending some good purpose thereby. Perhaps this is something of that nature.

There may be an interest to be served by delay, and haste may be harmful. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “A person will be fine so long as he does not become impatient and says, ‘I prayed but I did not receive any answer.’

The response may be withheld because of some fault in you. Perhaps there was something dubious in what you ate or your heart was heedless at the time when you said the dua, or your punishment is being increased by means of your need being withheld, because of some sin from which you have not repented sincerely. So look for some of these reasons, so that you might achieve your aim.

You should examine the intention behind this request, because attaining it may lead to more sin, or prevent you from doing some good, so withholding it is better.

Perhaps losing what you have missed out on will cause you to turn to Allah and getting it will distract you from Him. This is obvious, based on the fact that were it not for this calamity you would not have turned to Him, because the real calamity is what distracts you from Him, but what makes you stand before Him is good for you and is in your best interests.

If you ponder these things you will focus on what is more beneficial for you, such as correcting a mistake or seeking forgiveness or standing before Allah and beseeching Him, and forget about what you have missed out on.

In the Quran, Allah :swt: says:

And it may be that you dislike a thing which is good for you[Surah Al-Baqarah, 2:216]

According to a hadith of the Prophet (SAW):

There is no Muslim who calls upon his Lord with a dua in which there is no sin or severing of family ties, but Allah will give him one of three things: Either He will answer his prayer quickly, or He will store (the reward for) it in the Hereafter, or He will divert an equivalent evil away from him.” They said: “We will say more dua.” He said: “Allah’s bounty is greater.[Narrated by Ahmad, 10749; Al-Tirmidhi, 3573. Classed as Saheeh by Al-Albaani in Mishkaat Al-Masaabeeh, 2199]

On a related note, Umm Salamah said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) say:
There is no calamity that befalls one of the Muslims and he responds by saying ‘Innaa Lillaahi wa innaa ilahi raaji’oon, Allahumma ujurni fi museebati w’ukhluf li khayran minha (Truly, to Allah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return; O Allah, reward me in this calamity and compensate me with something better than it),’ but Allah will compensate him with something better than it.[Narrated by Muslim, 918]

Ibn Al-Qayyim said:

Whatever Allah has decreed for His believing slave is a blessing even if that is in the form of withholding; it is a favor even if that is in the form of a trial, and the calamity decreed by him is fair even if it us painful.
[Madaarij Al-Saalikeen, 4/215.]

Many ask if Allah is not being merciful with them when not answering their prayers. (The real reason is that)
What Allah chooses for His slave is better for him than what he chooses for himself. Allah is more merciful towards His slaves than they themselves or their mothers are. If something happens to them that they dislike, that is better for them than if it did not happen, so His decree is all kindness and mercy. If the slave submits to Allah and has certain faith that all dominion belongs to Allah and all things are under His command, and that He is more merciful to him than he is himself, then he will find peace of mind regardless of whether his need is met or not. [Madaarij Al-Saalikeen, 2/215]

Please read the responses in this thread for detailed explanation: http://www.islamicboard.com/advice-s...-accepted.html

Sister101
02-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Unhearing*

Allah is who he says he is. Maybe it's because of your attitude towards Allah that he doesn't answer your prayers.

Allah says in the Qur'an: "Allah does not charge a soul except [with that within] its capacity. It will have [the consequence of] what [good] it has gained, and it will bear [the consequence of] what [evil] it has earned..." [2:286]

So you are not being given more than you can handle. Be patient and trust in Allah. Allah does not "have" to answer your du'a's he has already given you so much. How can you be so ungrateful?

smallkid
02-21-2016, 09:49 AM
My attitude was alright but these failures have taken away my soul. I am being burdened with more than I can handle.

greenhill
02-21-2016, 10:27 AM
After first failure I handled it patiently, after second I was patient, but after the seventh failure in the same things, I have lost my imaan...
I am reminded of the story of Nabi Ayub.... In the conversation between Allah and Syaitan, Nabi Ayub became the unsuspecting victim. Read his story. Tell me had he given up on Allah's mercy he would have been doomed.

We don't know His tests for us. We know it is a test on our iman.

Your iman is shaken. Only one person will lose out in this, you!

So, just a question. So what makes you sure that by rejecting faith you will be rewarded in the dunya stuff you are obviously wanting?

Confused.

:peace:

smallkid
02-21-2016, 11:01 AM
I wish Allah had not tested me this much and given me a better life like others but Alas.

Umm Malik
02-21-2016, 05:49 PM
Hi,

Its been a year since my last post, and things did not improve a bit and I am seriously contemplating suicide.

All my prayers in Tahajjud and during Shab-e-Qadr have been rejected by Allah for some unknown reason.

I am not doing any major sins, and paying alot in charity but yet due to Allah's silence, I am falling into a deep pit of depression.

Athiests , drunkards, and womanizer do get Allah's response even Allah helps them do impossible, but Allah is not accepting my duas.

My imaan has taken a hit, and I am about to leave the religion.

Please advice and pray for me.

Regards,

Small Kid
do you ask your self why i think all this thing in my inner self ??
it isn't from shaytan ?
you know .. sometimes allah test us with many tests to show us how much we love him and we know his wisdom of all things happen in our life
why you think that allah stop hearing sometimes
it's not for him to do this subhana
you know sometimes we lose our iman by researching the solution from the others while allah prepare the best for us
It is perfection wisdom of allah to give us some things hard for us to correct us sometimes ... to give us experience from the hardship another times and to let us think of him when we forget him
imagine that you have a little brother and you see him let his homework and just plays and sleep
and you love him for sure
would you let him without advise ?? won't you ?
but if you give him advice and see him Persists in his way of thinking without caring of his future and his duties
you may be rebuke him ... Scream in his face or even Beating him if you see that good
just because you know better than him ... and you love him ... and you want the best for him

and in the other hand ... your brother may understand from the first step
or may hate you ... but he will know your love after he realise what he win from your advices and carennes
or after seeing what he lose
so don't track your shaytan
don't put your self to the live to move you
try to move and to think more of what allah creat and relax more ... do what allah tell with your capacity
and feel your prayers
tink mor this life will end and you will forget all the bed things in your life
and you will say qs this ayah
And they will say, "Praise to Allah, who has fulfilled for us His promise and made us inherit the earth [so] we may settle in Paradise wherever we will. And excellent is the reward of [righteous] workers."
help yourself
and dont let your self to shaytan
may allah help you and make your life happy
sorry for my bad english

smallkid
02-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Ya Allah give me death because I cannot see the tensed faces of my mom and dad due to my failures. I know Allah has written only bad for me, but why is he making my parents suffer. Ya Allah take me away. Ya Allah give me death.

azc
02-22-2016, 06:29 PM
''Allahummar zuqna in kana fis sama'e fa anzil'huwa in kana fil ardhi fa akhrij'hu wa in kana ba'eedan fa qarrib'huwa in qareeban fa yassir'huwa in qaleelan fa kassir'huwa in kana madooman fa awjid'hubirahmatika ya arhamurrahimeen''Recite this dua 5 times with durood 5 times before and after this dua. Preferably after all fardh salah. If it's not possible then at least after isha salah.May Allah swt give you and your family a happy and comfortable life in both the worlds. Ameen. Brother, have patience. InshaAllah good days will come soon.

Serinity
02-22-2016, 08:34 PM
I feel ya kid, and I understand.

But remember jall'beeb (idk how to write it) but read up on him, he was very poor, deformed etc. no one wanted him etc.

Push through!

Sometimes I also wish for death etc. Life is tough eh? well, we need to push through somehow. Sometimes you think, Allah hates you etc.

But then "why would Allah create me to fail? This can't be! I won't accept failure!" Always try to go against this negativity of failure. And any negativity in general.

Trust Allah, and go against this negativity.

Amir78
06-27-2021, 05:02 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I have similar stories to you. It's 7th year I'm trying to make money but nothing is working. I'm contemplating on giving up trying and devote my time to praying. I feel there is no more money in my Qadr. If I knew that was the case I would not waste my time on trying but I don't know.

I wonder what happened to you bro. Tell your story.

thnx

NehaAftab
07-12-2021, 01:25 PM
my story is so similar to yours. please, OP, what happened? did things eventually work out for you?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.