/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Is Life Good For Wicked/Evil People?

hisnameiszzz
02-20-2016, 10:11 AM
Why do most good people suffer when most evil people have everything they want?

Please discuss.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hamza :)
02-20-2016, 02:24 PM
When Allah loves someone he tests them. Prophets alayhimus salam were the most pious and righteous of the people yet they suffered all kinds of persecutions. No one was/ can be tested as much as they were.

ardianto
02-20-2016, 02:55 PM
For me good life is a life that I be loved by the others. That's why I do not regard the life of those evil people is good. They are not be loved by people, they don't even have true friends. They are just surrounded by people who want to take advantage from them.

Frankly, I feel I am luckier than them.

greenhill
02-20-2016, 03:05 PM
hmm... I think there was a similar question to this not too long ago. Maybe I'm mistaken.

It is an assumption that we make. I am guilty of that too, but it is still an assumption that life is good for wicked people. We are not in their shoes. We aspire to have the 'good life' is only what is portrayed, it does not tell what goes on behind the scene.

Besides, Allah has put blinkers on those people and make those things they do to be pleasing to them..... makes sense?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sister herb
02-20-2016, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Why do most good people suffer when most evil people have everything they want?

Please discuss.
I haven´t noticed that most good people would suffer. Neither that evil people would have everything what they want. This sounds quite generalizing.

Good people, the people whose have a good and compassionate heart might suffer when they see all evil happens in the world but they too have ability to think positive. I wonder if bad people really are happy ones. Certainly not more than the "good people".

azc
02-20-2016, 05:22 PM
This world is heaven for non Muslims

Futuwwa
02-20-2016, 06:18 PM
If people were predictably and visibly rewarded for being good and punished for being evil, why would there be anything righteous in being good? Being good would, then, only be an act of self-interest. No, you are not truly righteous until you do good without regard for the expected outcome. Why is the martyr so exalted? Because he follows the will of God even if it costs him his life, the ultimate act of outcome-indifference.

AabiruSabeel
02-20-2016, 07:06 PM
Allah :swt: says,

Do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [certain] categories of the disbelievers, and do not grieve over them. And lower your wing to the believers [Surah Al-Hijr: 88]

And do not extend your eyes toward that by which We have given enjoyment to [some] categories of them, [its being but] the splendor of worldly life by which We test them. And the provision of your Lord is better and more enduring. [Taha: 131]

And in Surah Az-Zukhruf: 32-35,
[32] Do they distribute the mercy of your Lord? It is We who have apportioned among them their livelihood in the life of this world and have raised some of them above others in degrees [of rank] that they may make use of one another for service. But the mercy of your Lord is better than whatever they accumulate.
[33] And if it were not that the people would become one community [of disbelievers], We would have made for those who disbelieve in the Most Merciful - for their houses - ceilings and stairways of silver upon which to mount
[34] And for their houses - doors and couches [of silver] upon which to recline
[35] And gold ornament. But all that is not but the enjoyment of worldly life. And the Hereafter with your Lord is for the righteous.

hisnameiszzz
02-20-2016, 07:17 PM
Many thanks to all of you for your responses. I appreciate it.

I did do a thread like this in the past. There was a poster who did a thread about his worries and it got me thinking because he said "alcoholics, drug dealers" etc have their prayers accepted and I fully agree with him.

Just thinking of the Muslim area I live in, all the drug dealers / credit card fraudsters / paedophiles / wife beaters all seem to have fantastic lives. They all have collections of houses, loads of fancy cars, are married (yes even the paedophiles). I do wonder where I went wrong at times.

And I am not talking about the after life, this is simply the things they have in this life.

But we all know that Allah can forgive who he wants and let them enter heaven regardless of how serious their sins are, and punish whoever he wants and make them go to hell for making one small mistake. So someone could technically do everything wrong in this life but be forgiven and then enter Janet. :phew:phew:phew

Search
02-20-2016, 07:38 PM
:bism:

:sl:

Thank you for your question. As you've shared your difficult circumstances before, I definitely sympathize with your circumstances and can understand your sentiments.

That said...

Please take a moment of self-reflection and search your soul from where this question has come. If my guess is not mistaken, this question arose from dissatisfaction, as in lack of contentment, which is lack of rida (contentment). This question usually arises in our breast as a lodged protest against our circumstances when we turn our attention away from the Creator and turn our attention to creation whereas Islam's entire focus is centered on Allah.

A wonderful YouTube video that I'd recommend you watch to contextualize your personal feelings and struggles is Reliance on Allah: The Cure for an Ummah in Crisis.

Also, I'd remind and share with you this:
[T]he Messenger of God Muhammad, peace and blessings of God be with him, in his early day of his mission [...] [was] outrightly not only rejected his message but also tortured and humiliated him and the very vulnerable small community consisting of mostly slaves, socially marginalised poor and destitutes who followed him. In those trying days he went to a city called Taif to invite people to Truth, yet they not only rejected him but also chased him out of the city and threw rocks at him to drive him away. The Prophet bled so profusely from the stoning that his feet became clotted to his shoes and he almost collapsed outside the city walls. There at the height of his deep sadness and suffering the supplication prayer that was uttered by the Prophet remains etched in human history forever. These were his words in translation [in prayer]:
Allahumma ilayka
Ashkoo dhu'fa quwwati,
Wa qillata hilaty,
Wa hawany alla nas,

Ya arham-ar rahimin
Anta rabbul mustadaafeen,
Wa anta rabbi,
Ila man takilny,
Ila baeedin yatajahhammuny,
Am ila aduwwin mallaktahu amry,

In lam yakun bika ghadabun alayy,
Falaa ubaali
Wa laakinn aafiyatuka
heeya awsa'uw lee

A'uzu biNoori wajhik
Allazee ashraqtu lahuz- zulumatu
Wa saluha 'alayhi amrud-dunya
wal-akhirah
Min an yanzila bi ghadabuka

Aw yahilla alayya sakhatuka,
Lakal utba
Hatta tardha

Wa la hawla
Wa la quwwata
illa bika
To You, my Lord,
I complain of my weakness,
and my lack of support
and the humiliation I suffer from my fellowmen.

O the Most Compassionate, the Most Merciful!
You are the Lord of the weak,
and you are my Lord.
To whom do You leave me?
To a distant person who receives me with hostility?
Or to an enemy You have given power over me?

As long as You are not displeased with me,
I do not care what I face.
Your forgiveness is all
that matters to me

I seek refuge in the light of Your Countenance
By which all darkness is dispelled
and dissolved are all challenges of the world
and the hereafter,
lest Your wrath descends upon me.

I desire Your pleasure and satisfaction
To You is the supplication
Until it reaches Your Rida

Verily there is no power
and might
other than You.
Recite and repeat reciting this beautiful prayer until you feel inside of yourself a serene acceptance of your situation and the circumstances in the world and understand that Allah is All-Wise and we may not understand why everything is as is and yet we do know that God loves us and wants the best for us.

Everyone, whether believer or unbeliever will experience his/her share of problems and difficulties, but the best part of being a believer is that Allah promises us is that we have the pleasure of our Lord to which we can look forward here and hereafter if we should be patient. And patience, my sheikh (Islamic teacher) (may Allah bless him) had repeatedly emphasized was/is meant to be an exercise against the self for all our lives to the dying breath.

So, when you feel you are losing patience and your heart asks these questions, seek to become reacquainted again in private with Allah SuhbnaAllahwaTaala (Glorious and Exalted is Allah) until your breast weeps with extraordinary love for Allah SuhbnaAllahwaTaala (Glorious and Exalted is Allah). Then your softened heart will find rest In-sha-Allah (God-willing).

:wa:

sister herb
02-20-2016, 09:49 PM
the drug dealers / credit card fraudsters / paedophiles / wife beaters all seem to have fantastic lives.
Do you think those kind of people are real happy? The drug dealers - many of them are drug addicts by themselves. They have depts, they live in fear. What if the police will catch them or they themselves stay in the dept and one day will face the punishment from their creditors?

Wife beaters? They many times are morbidly jealous, have low self-esteem. Do you think kind of people are "happy" and live "fantastic life"? And same those others you mentioned.

Having money, nice house, whose are married (but seems marriage isn´t very happy if husband beats his wife) don´t make people happy in their lives. Real happiness is something what people can´t get by money. It´s like peace in the heart.

ardianto
02-21-2016, 12:43 AM
Many thanks to all of you for your responses. I appreciate it.

I did do a thread like this in the past. There was a poster who did a thread about his worries and it got me thinking because he said "alcoholics, drug dealers" etc have their prayers accepted and I fully agree with him.

Just thinking of the Muslim area I live in, all the drug dealers / credit card fraudsters / paedophiles / wife beaters all seem to have fantastic lives. They all have collections of houses, loads of fancy cars, are married (yes even the paedophiles). I do wonder where I went wrong at times.

And I am not talking about the after life, this is simply the things they have in this life.

But we all know that Allah can forgive who he wants and let them enter heaven regardless of how serious their sins are, and punish whoever he wants and make them go to hell for making one small mistake. So someone could technically do everything wrong in this life but be forgiven and then enter Janet. :phew:phew:phew
When I was young I've ever acquainted with a gangster. He was handsome young man. His life looked pleasant. But just a week after the last time I met him, he murdered by his enemy. I've also acquainted with famous rockstar who had crazy life. Then he died because overdose.

Do you know bro?. Many of people like that die before they repent!. So, brother, don't be jealous on what they have in their life.

Be happy if you have people who love you, because it makes your life better than their. Like I said, they don't have people who love them, but just surrounded by people who want to take advantage.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.