/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gheera/ protective jealousy and the students of the Prophet PBUH

Ali Hammuda
02-20-2016, 08:26 PM
‘Ali Ibnu Abi Taalib once said:

بلغني أن نساءكم ليزاحمن العلوج في الأسواق، أما تغارون؟! إنه لا خير في من لا يغار.
“It was conveyed to me that your womenfolk are pushing and shoving amidst the strangers in the markets. Don’t you have jealousy?! For there is no good in he who possesses no jealousy!”

Similarly, the Prophet PBUH once saw the palace of ‘Umar in paradise and saw his wife standing besides. The Prophet PBUH said:

فَذَكَرْتُ غَيْرَةَ عُمَرَ فَوَلَّيْتُ مُدْبِرًا
“I remembered 'Umar's jealousy over his womenfolk and so I hurriedly walked away”

‘Umar cried and so did everyone else in that gathering. 'Umar said to him:

“How could I feel jealous over you O messenger of Allah?”

Frail jealousy equates to frail 'eman and since the 'eman of the companions was at a peak, their Gheera over their womenfolk followed suit.

I wonder how they would've behaved had they learnt that strangers were enjoying photos of their wives, daughters and sisters?

Goodness, however, remains in the Ummah till the day of Standing.

May Allah SWT rekindle Gheera within the hearts of the Muslims, a Gheera which resembles that of the Prophet's and companion's.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Amatullah~
03-01-2016, 10:49 AM
Ameen

:jz:

azc
03-01-2016, 11:18 AM
A good reminder

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.