/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Manchester police chief and Rochdale MP slam The Times over "sex grooming" headline

M.I.A.
02-20-2016, 02:35 PM
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/u...cle4695325.ece

What do you think?

I was personally horrified at the linking of the two crimes and exactly what the headline implied.

Although it's only implied I fear the parallel being drawn is deliberate and inciting.

If you are also inclined, please make yourselves known by making a formal complaint.

https://www.ipso.co.uk/oxbxApps/app/complaint1.html

Although it is a far from common sense approach I hope those inclined can voice there concerns.

I feel very bad that the loss of a person can be exploited in such a fashion and it is demeaning to the works of the man and his memory.

Please make effort inshallah if only so that someone somewhere knows this is inappropriate.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-20-2016, 03:30 PM
Indeed this is very sad :(. The lengths they will go... Subhan Allah.

M.I.A.
02-20-2016, 05:31 PM
Ok the headline has been changed, it is an indication that going through the proper channels is beneficial.

Thanks to all those involved.

Greater Manchester police have responded positively, which is a good sign for the wider community.

Will upload a legible copy when I can.

hisnameiszzz
02-20-2016, 07:10 PM
I hate that these heathen people generalise and assume that all Muslims are paedophiles. Yeah, there are a lot of Pakistani paedophiles in Rochdale, but that does not necessitate that all Muslims are paedophiles. It really winds me up. Jimmy Saville and a few other white celebrities were paedophiles, does that mean all white celebrities are paedophiles? :hiding::hiding::hiding:

But please don't get too worked up. Some old Muslim person getting beaten to death is regular. It happened not too long ago in Sheffield. Again, they thought he was a paedophile.

The world is no longer a safe place.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
strivingobserver98
02-20-2016, 11:16 PM

In JUST ONE HOUR a headline has been changed. That's what happens when we come together and channel anger the correct way.

Also want to say Chief Constable of Greater Manchester Police Ian Hopkins stood up for what is right, showed he cares for the community and wrote a complaint letter too.

We must all work together to hold the media to account and
always use the codes breached when making a complaint.

The content of the story is also disgusting and irrelevant to the case and should be changed so please let IPSO and The Times know.
Source: Siema Iqbal

Glac09
02-21-2016, 02:59 AM
Greater Manchester Police’s Chief Constable has criticised The Times newspaper after Rochdale was referred to as a “sex grooming town” following the death of an imam.

Ian Hopkins has written an open letter to the editor of The Times after an “appalling” headline in the aftermath of Jalal Uddin’s death.

The national newspaper published the headline: “Imam beaten to death in sex grooming town”, which went out on the print editions.

It was later changed online to “Imam beaten to death in Rochdale”.

Chief Con Hopkins has urged The Times to apologise, claiming the headline could have caused “community tension”.

Rochdale MP Simon Danczuk dubbed the headline “disgraceful and insulting”

Chief Con Hopkins wrote: “The headline has no relevance to the horrific murder of a former imam in Rochdale.

“GMP and community leaders have been working hard to ensure all communities in Rochdale are kept informed of efforts to bring the offender to justice.

“We have strong relationships with communities in Rochdale and I have received much feedback about the outrage that the article has caused.”

He said deaths such as Mr Uddin’s ‘have the potential to undermine community confidence’ and ‘create tension between different parts of the community’.

Addressing editors at The Times, he added: “Your headline and its irrelevance to this case has the potential to cause community tension.

“It is also offensive to the thousands of peaceful, law-abiding Muslims and non-Muslims living Rochdale, who are shocked by this murder.”

More...

Zafran
02-21-2016, 03:47 AM
salaam

Thats the Times for you. What do you expect from a conservative newspaper?

Pygoscelis
02-21-2016, 06:40 AM
Disgraceful.

azc
02-21-2016, 07:50 AM
May Allah swt protect all Muslims. Ameen

Raptor
02-21-2016, 01:07 PM
That's sad

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.