Lesson No. 8. Quince. (Safarjal) (السفرجل)
1. In Hadis it is called as Safarjal (السفرجل)
2. In Urdu & Hindi it is called as Bahi, Bihi.
3. In English it is called as Quince.
4. In Persain it is called as Shul.
5. In Sanskrit it is called as Amritphala.
6. In Latin it is called as Cydonia oblonga.
Rasool Allah صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم's guidance about it:
Arabic words written in below references are the words mentioned in
respected Hadees. You can confirm the references of Hadees at
sunna.com & Al-Maktab al-Shamilah (المكتبة الشاملة) also.
Benefits of Safarjal (Quince) on Qalb, breathe, Chest &Heart: -
1. Hazrat Talha رضي الله عنه says that he went to Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم & Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم had Safarjal (السفرجل) in his hand &
said Take it, oh! Talha for it soothes the heart. : Reference Ibn
Ma-jah: 3494: Book No. 29; In English volume no. 4 Book 29, Hadees no
2. Hazrat Jabir Bin Abdullah رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said "Eat Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince) because it heals cardiac
problems & removes heaviness from chest : Reference Kanz al-Ummal:
3. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said "By eating Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince), heaviness in Qalb
(heart) reduces . : Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28261
4. Hazrat Auif Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said, "Eat Safarjal (السفرجل) because it prevents Cardiac
Problems & strengthens the heart. : Reference Kanz al-Ummal:
Best Time to eat Safarjal (Quince): -
5. Hazrat Anas Bin Malik رضي الله عنه says that Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said, to eat Safarjal (السفرجل) early morning on empty stomach .
: Reference Kanz al-Ummal: 28259.
Safarjal (Quince) in Pregnancy: -
6. Hazrat Abdullah Ibn Masood رضي الله عنه says Nabi صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said, that "Give your pregnant to eat Safarjal (السفرجل) (Quince)
& Hazrat Auf Bin Malik رضي الله عنه adds, it prevents Cardiac Problems
( يجم دالفوءا) & makes the baby son beautiful (ويحسن الولد ). :
Reference Al-Aasaar: 70 (Abdul Ibn Masood) & Jamia ul Ahadees: 15779
(Auf Bin Malik)
Part used is seeds, fruits.
Content of it: -
Carbohydrates, sugar, dietary fibers, fats, protein, water, zinc,
vitamin A, vitamin B2, B6, B12, follic acid, calcium, iron, vitamin C,
magnesium, sodium, phosphorus, malic acid, pectin & etc.
1. Helpful in tuberculosis, anorexia, constipation, cardiac problems,
2. Helps in bleeding, diabetes, injury, reduce inflammation.
3. Acts as an antibiotic, anti oxidant, anti septic, diuretic, tonic,
alkaline & etc.
4. Can be eaten by all, all season in mild quantity.
Scientific benefits of Safarjal (Quince)
Science & Hadees regarding Quince:-
Quince is said that to eat Quince on an empty stomach is good for the
soul. Cold and dry, Quince is astringent to the stomach, and it checks
excessive menstrual flow. A few seeds placed in water will, after a
few minutes, form mucilage which is an excellent remedy for cough and
sore throat, especially in the young. Quince is also excellent for
pregnant woman, gladdening their heart. The holy Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ
وسلم said, "Eat Quince, for it sweetens the heart. For ALLAH has sent
no Prophet as HIS messenger without feeding him on the Quince of
Paradise. For Quince increases the strength.
The best way to eat the quince is broiled or cooked in honey. The
seeds of Safarjal help against dryness in the throat, the windpipe and
several other ailments. Its oil stops sweating and strengthens the
stomach. Safarjal jam strengthens the stomach and the liver and
relieves the heart and the soul.
تجم الفؤاد means that Quince pleases / strengthens the heart, &
opens the coagulation (if available). والطخاء للقلب is meant for
darkness, like clouds or a sand storm cover the clear sky which is
then un-seen, so Quince will do the same job for the heart, it will
remove the blockage & the heart will be clear & healthy Insha'Allah.
1. Quince soothes & strengthens the heart, prevents & heals cardiac
problems, removes heaviness in chest, Qabl, Eat it on empty stomach
2. There are 6 Hadees in this lesson
Where to get?
1. You can get it at any dawasaz (herbal shops) in the form of Murabba
2. You can Order Online In Murraba form preserved in Pure Honey Click Here