/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The FASCINATING story of a Sahabee – Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم

Khalid Saifullah
02-22-2016, 07:38 PM
It is narrated in the Books of History that Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was a Sahabee who was:

• short in height
• deformed in appearance
• his lineage was not known
• no one knew who his parents had been
• with no clan to protect him
• no tribe willing to accept him as their own
• he cut a lonely figure even the small children of Madinah would tease & mock him
• owing to his disabilities no one would allow him to sit in their company.

He survived as best he could, many a lonely night in Madinah he spent wondering the streets in despair, tears of desperation would run down his cheeks, there was no one willing to offer him love or compassion, he had no family & not a single friend in the world.

Life for him was a lonely struggle.

After the arrival of the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ to Madinah, the fortunes of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم changed.

He would go & sit in the company of the Prophet ﷺ & listen intently, rarely speaking; he would out of shyness keep his gaze lowered.

He now, had the best of friends in the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ; those days of loneliness & despair were over for the Best of creation ﷺ had arrived.

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was now a part of community of believers.

One day as he was sitting in the Company of the Prophet ﷺ, The Messenger of Allaah ﷺ asked him: "O Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم ask for something, is there anything you desire."

He raised his head slowly & said in a shy voice;

"O Messenger of Allaah ﷺ, Allaah has blessed me with your companionship, I get to sit at your blessed feet & hear your blessed words, what more could I desire".

The Prophet of Allaah ﷺ asked: "How would you like to get married my dear Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم,” He smiled shyly wondering who would want to marry him.

"Yes messenger of Allaah ﷺ I would like that."

The Prophet of Allaah ﷺ went to the house of a prominent & noble Sahabee from amongst the Ansar.

He said "I have come to ask for your daughters hand in marriage".

The Sahabee was overjoyed he said: "O Messenger of Allaah ﷺ what could be a greater blessing than this."

The Prophet ﷺ said: "I do not ask of her for myself It is for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم that I am asking."

The Sahabee was left stunned: "For Julay’beeb?” he asked in bewilderment. "Yes for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم" replied The Messenger of Allaah ﷺ.

He said: "Let me consult with my wife." He went & told her. "The Prophet of Allaah ﷺ has asked for your daughters hand in marriage, for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم."
She started crying & wailing: "No not Julay’beeb anyone but Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم I will never allow this."

Upon hearing the commotion the daughter arrived.

It is said that she was so beautiful that there was none among the women of the Ansar who could compete with her looks.

She was so shy & modest that perhaps the sky itself had never seen her head uncovered.

She had so much taqwa that she would spend her days & nights in worship.

The daughter asked what was happening; she was told that the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ wants your hand in marriage for Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم.

As the Mother continued her crying & wailing the daughter spoke she said: "O my Mother fear Allaah think of what you are saying are you turning away the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ. 'O my Mother it does not suit a believer to make their own decision once Allaah & his Messenger ﷺ have decided on a matter.

Do you think that the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ will disgrace us?

How blessed is the status of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, that Allaah & his Messenger ﷺ are asking for your daughters hand on his behalf.

Don't you know that the angels themselves envy the dust on the feet of one who is a beloved of Allaah & his Prophet ﷺ.

Ask the Prophet ﷺ, to send me Julay’beeb rad for there is no greater privilege than for me to be blessed by such a husband, Prophet of Allaah ﷺ has arrived with such a wonderful gift yet my Mother you cry & wail."

The Mothers heart being filled with remorse said: "Stop my daughter don't say another word indeed I have erred I repent & I repent a 1,000 times over for as of this moment there is no one who I would prefer for you than Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم."

The following day the Nikaah is made.

Uthman رضي الله عنهم & Alee رضي الله عنهم present Julay’beeb a gift of money to help arrange the feast of Walimah, & to purchase accommodation.

A short time later on an expedition Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was martyred.

On the day of the expedition his Father in law, had pleaded with him: "'O Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم this is just an expedition, it is not a compulsory Jihad, it is Fardh-e-Kifayah it is a voluntary Jihad, and therefore you are newly married spend some time with your wife."

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, the one who had spent a lifetime in despair had now found a loving wife.

But listen to his response to the Father in laws request He said "'O my father you say a strange thing my Beloved Prophet ﷺ is in the battlefield facing the enemies of Islam & you want me to sit at home with my wife, nay I will sacrifice my blood & my soul rather than see my Prophet ﷺ facing hardship while I sit at home in luxury".

The diminutive Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was indeed a strange sight carrying a sword almost the same size as him.

The Sahaba stared in wonderment at him the sweet & gentle Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم was transformed in to a Lion.

"Who dare wage war upon my Prophet ﷺ?”

He said as he charged into the ranks of the enemy.

After that battle the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ, asked the Sahaba to go & to see if anyone was missing from their families & clans.

Each one returned accounting for all his family members.

Then the Prophet ﷺ spoke with tears in his eyes he said:
"But I have lost my Beloved Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم go & find him."

They found his diminutive body lying next to 7 Kuffar he had slain in the battle.

The Prophet of Allaah ﷺ asked for a grave to be dug, as the Prophet of Allaah ﷺ held the body of Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم he said. "O' Allaah he is from me & I am From Him", he repeated this 3 times.

The companions wept profusely "May our Mothers & Fathers be sacrificed for you O' Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم, how great is your status."

Thus a Sahabee who had once lived as an outcast, shunned by the society around him.

He loved Allaah & his Messenger ﷺ & reached such a high status.

He who was not good looking was blessed with a beautiful wife, he who was poor was blessed by a wealthy wife, he who had no family or status, was blessed by a wife with noble status & lineage he who had lived in loneliness & despair, was loved by Allaah & his Messenger ﷺ.

He had the Messenger of Allaah ﷺ say: "O Allaah he is from me & I am from him."

It is said: "That upon his martyrdom, that the sky itself was filled with thousands of angels who had come to participate in his Janazah”.

Julay’beeb رضي الله عنهم 'The Lonesome one' had become a beloved of Allaah, & his Prophet ﷺ, he was lonely no more.

Such is the status of the lovers of the Prophet ﷺ.

As for his wife it is said that there was no widow whose hand was more sought after in marriage than hers.

[Saheeh Muslim Book 031, Hadeeth Number 6045]

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
02-22-2016, 07:55 PM
:salam:

SubhanAllah.

I really want the love for Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad :saw: increased... Anything that could do just that?

anyways, amazing sahabi.

MidnightRose
03-26-2016, 04:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

SubhanAllah.

I really want the love for Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad :saw: increased... Anything that could do just that?

anyways, amazing sahabi.
:wa:

Recite durood/salah on the Prophet :saws: in abundance. It can be any durood that you know such as :saws:.

The following is an article on this topic written by Shaykh Dr. Mateen Khan.

Source: http://enterthesunnah.com/...

I’ve Heard So Much About You

“I’ve heard so much about you!” Most of us have had this experience. You meet someone for the first time. He or she instantly smiles with outstretched hands upon hearing your name. You know they only say this when they’ve heard something good about you. Let’s be honest. It makes us feel good. Even more so if the person is someone we respect, look up to and even, admire.

For every Muslim, there is no one we respect, look up to and admire more than our Prophet Muhammad (Allah bless and give him peace). Allah has recruited angels to mention your name to him. To tell him, “O Messenger of Allah, Joe Muslim in America is remembering you.” You didn’t know that??

There are angels that roam the earth seeking out people like you reciting salāh on the Prophet (Allah bless and give him peace) so that they can approach him with your name. An angel sits by his resting place, who has the ability to hear the speech of every human. He, too, conveys your name and salāh to the Prophet (Allah bless and give him peace).

It’s no wonder dark forces today want to distance you from your Prophet (Allah bless and give him peace). Ideally, they don’t want you to even think about him. The next best thing for them is to defame, disparage and tell outright lies about him hoping that your love for him is lessened.

However, you know better. You know his character, his compassion and his endless concern for mankind’s relationship with its Creator. This is why you consistently ask Allah to bless and give him peace.

Our Prophet (Allah bless and give him peace) said, “Increase your salāh for me.” He knew days like this would come. When his name would be forgotten or disparaged. He repeatedly reminded his ummah to recite salāh for him as a way to become closer to him in this world and the next. So keep reciting salāh for him (Allah bless and give him peace).

Imagine it: On the day of Judgment, most people will be in an indescribable state. You, however, are standing by our Prophet’s fountain as he (Allah bless and give him peace) walks up to you smiling with outstretched hands saying, “I’ve heard so much about you!”

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.