/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How do I deal with my mom?

ReboundMuslimah
02-23-2016, 03:37 AM
my mom is keeping making bad dua's and I am really getting frustrated! I made her really mad today and she literally put her hands up and made the worst duas possible. I think the reason why i am not succeeding in life is because of these evil duas shes making for me. I am thinking of moving out because I feel like I cause her a lot of stress and anger. I have been trying to get close to Allah but I don't think I'll get anywhere because I heard Jannah is under your mothers feet and I honestly don't think I'll make it there because she always prays I don't. How do I deal with her??

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Paprika
02-23-2016, 04:55 AM
stop making her angry then

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 05:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dreamchaser
my mom is keeping making bad dua's and I am really getting frustrated! I made her really mad today and she literally put her hands up and made the worst duas possible. I think the reason why i am not succeeding in life is because of these evil duas shes making for me. I am thinking of moving out because I feel like I cause her a lot of stress and anger. I have been trying to get close to Allah but I don't think I'll get anywhere because I heard Jannah is under your mothers feet and I honestly don't think I'll make it there because she always prays I don't. How do I deal with her??
As salaam sister,
Are you making her mad, or is she just angry? My mom is like that most times, but it's because she's lonely, or we (her kids) don't spend much time with her, we're always in school or work and she stays home cleaning and stuff. Maybe your mom wants you to spend time with her. Even if she says get away from me, don't! Go closer hug and kiss her, remind her of when you were younger and things she used to do with you. She will smile eventually. Lotion her feet or massage them. Do some cleaning and cooking if you don't. Shell appreciate it. And if she does alot of work, give her a day off, take her out or something. Go apologize to her even if you did nothing wrong. Just comfort her.
I watched a video the other day, I'll have to find it and share it with you. It was really good. It was about this mom and her son. I don't remeber if her son would do bad or he would do nothing wrong, and she would make the worst of duas. One day she got made, I think it was on a Friday, she made a dua about her son: she said I wish you can go and get ran over by a car and a man will come to my house telling me that. So later that day, a guy comes to her and tells her that her son got ran over by a car and died. She was devastated. They say that their is a time on Friday that if you make a dua during that time, you dua will come true. But no one knows when exactly that time is.
Inshallah sister that you can find a resolution to your problem. Ask Allah for guidance. And I'm here for you, if you need anything. ☺

ReboundMuslimah
02-23-2016, 05:40 AM
Most of the time it doesn't even have anything with her. I could be getting into an argument with my siblings and since I'm the oldest she's starts making these evil duas. This one time she asked me to go to the store and I accidentally forgot some stuff and out of no where she starts making all these bad duas for me. The duas she makes are really scary and most of the have come true. She says things like "Oh Allah she has caused me great pain may you punish her in this dunya and the Akhariah and not accept any of her good deeds. Grant her Jahanam and let her die a slow painful death. Give her cancer and every sickness as she is unhumble(I am humble) Give her a life filled with difficulties."The list goes on.
I am currently living a life filled with difficulties because of her duas. I have been jobless for the past 8 months and I have a student loan to pay back and I feel like her evil duas have something to do with this. I am really stressed out and her bad duas are having an effect on me. Recently my health has also deteriorated and I am sure it's because of her duas. I told her several times to take it back and she does but then I do something again and boom another bad dua! I feel like I am doomed because I feel like all these duas are slowly coming true.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Paprika
02-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Most of the time it doesn't even have anything with her. I could be getting into an argument with my siblings and since I'm the oldest she's starts making these evil duas. This one time she asked me to go to the store and I accidentally forgot some stuff and out of no where she starts making all these bad duas for me. The duas she makes are really scary and most of the have come true. She says things like "Oh Allah she has caused me great pain may you punish her in this dunya and the Akhariah and not accept any of her good deeds. Grant her Jahanam and let her die a slow painful death. Give her cancer and every sickness as she is unhumble(I am humble) Give her a life filled with difficulties."The list goes on.
I am currently living a life filled with difficulties because of her duas. I have been jobless for the past 8 months and I have a student loan to pay back and I feel like her evil duas have something to do with this. I am really stressed out and her bad duas are having an effect on me. Recently my health has also deteriorated and I am sure it's because of her duas. I told her several times to take it back and she does but then I do something again and boom another bad dua! I feel like I am doomed because I feel like all these duas are slowly coming true.
sounds scary, I would be really worried, a mothers dua is powerful, there has to be something you're doing, I can't understand a mother doing such a thing for no reason what so ever, sounds very strange

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 06:21 AM
That is some dua! Astaghfirullah.
Sister after she makes a dua like that, quickly raise your hands and seek refuge with Allah from that evil dua. And remember it's just shaytaan whispering in her ear, when she is angry and she says them without realizing what they mean.
It seems like she is angry about something and she is releasing some of her anger on you because your the oldest. Maybe she expects more of you or wants you to help her. Talk to her and try to figure it out. Ask her what's bothering her and what she expects. Stay strong sister.

ReboundMuslimah
02-23-2016, 06:49 AM
Yes I know hence why I am worried. She got really angry today because me and my sister got into a huge argument and my mom expected me to drop it but I didn't. I am a really calm person as long as you don't press my buttons which my sister has managed to do so today. My sister purposely broke something that was special to me so I cut up all her text books which I didn't know my mom paid for and that really made my mom mad I guess. When ever I argue with with my siblings it always turns into me and my mom arguing. I'm no angel so I do talk back sometimes when I get really angry but I still don't see why should would make those awful duas. I tried apologizing but she is still mad. It's almost 2am in the morning and I don't know what to do!

Kiro
02-23-2016, 06:52 AM
Fight fire with halal fire. Make dua for her but say only good things. :D I'm sure angels will praise you for it and it will make Allah smile.

Kiro
02-23-2016, 07:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
Fight fire with halal fire. Make dua for her but say only good things. :D I'm sure angels will praise you for it and it will make Allah smile.
maybe even do it out in the open in front of your mom

trying praying tahajud and make dua for Allah to solve your problems

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 07:07 AM
It was narrated in Sahih Al Buharri: That the better one of the two arguing is the one that holds his/her anger. Try to calm down when in an argument and don't let your tongue roar out. I'm sorry to hear that she broke what meant alot to you. But you must forgive the ones that do you wrong, even if they had the intentions of hurting you. You must be the bigger person, you will mean more then the world and everything it holds for doing that. Allah will surely raise you high in Jannah. And you need to get rest and clean your heart before you do. In the morning maybe wake up early and make your mom tea or breakfast and apologize to her. You must make her feel how you feel. Connect your pain to her. She doesn't understand you right now.

Yes I know hence why I am worried. She got really angry today because me and my sister got into a huge argument and my mom expected me to drop it but I didn't. I am a really calm person as long as you don't press my buttons which my sister has managed to do so today. My sister purposely broke something that was special to me so I cut up all her text books which I didn't know my mom paid for and that really made my mom mad I guess. When ever I argue with with my siblings it always turns into me and my mom arguing. I'm no angel so I do talk back sometimes when I get really angry but I still don't see why should would make those awful duas. I tried apologizing but she is still mad. It's almost 2am in the morning and I don't know what to do!

azc
02-23-2016, 07:09 AM
do you think your mother is mad? (I don't think so),If yes, then don't argue with her.If not, then your a bad daughter. Mend your behaviour, attitude and habits and don't argue with her

Paprika
02-23-2016, 08:12 AM
You did what??? cut up her textbooks!!! she must have been really angry, you over reacted and was really stupid of you, are you still wondering why she curses you? Coz I'm not

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 05:22 PM
Brother, your supposed to make her feel better not worse, yes she made a mistake. But it's because she had too much pressure.

format_quote Originally Posted by Paprika
You did what??? cut up her textbooks!!! she must have been really angry, you over reacted and was really stupid of you, are you still wondering why she curses you? Coz I'm not

ReboundMuslimah
02-23-2016, 10:36 PM
Yea I cut up 2 of her textbooks it's nothing major and I rarely ever seek revenge but it had to be done! She knew not touch it but she still went ahead and destroyed it and that really ticked me off so don't think I am the bad guy here. If I knew my mom paid for them I wouldn't have done it. My dad has agreed to buy her new ones and i promised him I would pay him back once I get a job. I also apologized to my mom this morning but i know she will go back to making those evil duas again. She gets angry easily and makes a big deal out of everything.

ReboundMuslimah
02-23-2016, 10:52 PM
Even the smallest thing like forgetting to turn on the dryer she'll get mad and start making these awful duas. I respect and do whatever she says but I get really annoyed when I hear her making those awful duas for me and I can't help but say something back because I don't want those duas to come true.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.