/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The mental trauma caused by prevent on muslim children

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-23-2016, 09:10 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...slim-children/

Research psychologist Amar Alam explains the mental trauma the UK Government’s Prevent and Channel programme has caused Muslim children.

Over the last year, the government’s controversial Prevent strategy has led to concerns pertaining to the long-term social and psychological impact of counter-extremism policies on Muslim children across Britain.

Following the implementation of the Counter-Terrorism and Security Bill in 2015, the Prevent statutory duty was enforced in schools in an attempt to prevent young people from being drawn into acts of terrorism. However, the decision left the entire education sector embroiled in controversy after the government was accused of implementing policies in schools that were not only being disproportionately used against Muslim children, but were being enforced heavy handedly...

Full article linked above

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
02-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN;

I think the government has got it wrong, I almost feel their policy will create more victims, who in turn will look for a way to fight back.

Their best policy to fight terrorism, would be to foster greater interfaith friendship. How do we get on with people who are different to us? We all have to share one community, one country, one world despite all our differences, friendships have to be the greatest way to fight terrorism.

In the spirit of praying for and seeking justice for all people

Eric

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-25-2016, 08:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you GINGERBEARDMAN;

I think the government has got it wrong, I almost feel their policy will create more victims, who in turn will look for a way to fight back.

Their best policy to fight terrorism, would be to foster greater interfaith friendship. How do we get on with people who are different to us? We all have to share one community, one country, one world despite all our differences, friendships have to be the greatest way to fight terrorism.

In the spirit of praying for and seeking justice for all people

Eric
Thanks for the reply Eric,

I see your point, however many of the Muslims who have fallen into terrorism had many past such interfaith friendships, often interfaith romantic relationships and are not always the most practicing before they fall into this particular trap of shaitan.

Where as some of the most isolated, least integrated sections of the Muslim community seem to have very few people fall for this trap, so I am not sure this is definately the solution, though certainly greater respect being fostered BOTH WAYS would certainly be a big start.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.