/* */

PDA

View Full Version : "Anger attacks"

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 08:25 PM
So sometimes I become angry like mad and don't know why. The thing I am sure anger is normal and everything, but I get physical in these "anger attacks". I don't want to harm anyone, but I just sometimes sit or walk with people and just feels this itch in my hand. Like I want to punch them. Problem is I am 14 and can't move out.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
BilalKid
02-23-2016, 08:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
Problem is I am 14 and can't move out.
why move out?? :unsure:

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BilalKid
why move out?? :unsure:
If I get physical I don't want to harm anyone. If I move out I'll be alone.

BilalKid
02-23-2016, 08:51 PM
If I get physical I don't want to harm anyone. If I move out I'll be alone.
visit Dr. if u hav any mental problems :hmm::hmm:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 08:53 PM
As salaam brother,
What's making you angry exactly. Are the people that your around not good. Does your heart feel like you don't belong when your around them? Something must be making you feel like this.

So sometimes I become angry like mad and don't know why. The thing I am sure anger is normal and everything, but I get physical in these "anger attacks". I don't want to harm anyone, but I just sometimes sit or walk with people and just feels this itch in my hand. Like I want to punch them. Problem is I am 14 and can't move out.

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 08:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady of peace
As salaam brother,
What's making you angry exactly. Are the people that your around not good. Does your heart feel like you don't belong when your around them? Something must be making you feel like this.
I don't know really. It might be that I need do something to get rid of anger.

BTW I am not sure you can call me a brother since I am non muslim.

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 09:00 PM
Also I am angry that I have not been guided with certainty. It's like does God want me in Hell. Did he create me just so there can be verses about hell (so I can be indirectly mentioned like the other probably worthless people).

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 09:14 PM
Oh I thought you were. And God is probably just testing you, because He wants your faith to grow stronger. You must be patient. God likes the patient. And your not worthless, not a soul is, when you start believing that then that's what you become that. So stay strong and keep asking for guidance. And God only wrote verses about hell so that we can know about it. He's waring us about hell. Just imagine if he hadn't told us about Heaven or Hell, and we live our life doing what we want. We would be lost. And then one day the world ends and we stand in front of God. And he tells us your going to Hell becuase this and that and you are going to Heaven becuase you were good. We would be like What? How were we supposed to know about hell, You didn't warn us, this isn't fair... do you understand? It's a warning from God, He is looking out for us. And he does what's best for us, He wouldn't do anything that would harm us but benefit us. You must pass the test.

I don't know really. It might be that I need do something to get rid of anger.

BTW I am not sure you can call me a brother since I am non muslim.

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Lady of peace
Oh I thought you were. And God is probably just testing you, because He wants your faith to grow stronger. You must be patient. God likes the patient. And your not worthless, not a soul is, when you start believing that then that's what you become that. So stay strong and keep asking for guidance. And God only wrote verses about hell so that we can know about it. He's waring us about hell. Just imagine if he hadn't told us about Heaven or Hell, and we live our life doing what we want. We would be lost. And then one day the world ends and we stand in front of God. And he tells us your going to Hell becuase this and that and you are going to Heaven becuase you were good. We would be like What? How were we supposed to know about hell, You didn't warn us, this isn't fair... do you understand? It's a warning from God, He is looking out for us. And he does what's best for us, He wouldn't do anything that would harm us but benefit us. You must pass the test.
I don't if my value in God's eyes is the size of ant. And I say that as an agnostic. I just feel like I am doomed to hell (been saying it since like seven until this day :()

Finding Peace
02-23-2016, 09:26 PM
What makes you think that your value in God's eyes is the size of an ant? And have you looked into religion? Or been interested in learning about Islam?

Eric H
02-23-2016, 09:32 PM
Greetings and peace be with you StrivingforDeen;

So sometimes I become angry like mad and don't know why.
An old Indian saying, there are two wolves inside everyone of us and they are always fighting each other. One is the kind and caring wolf, the other is the angry and violent wolf, the question you have to ask is which wolf wins?

The answer is the wolf you CHOOSE to feed. If you choose to feed the angry wolf, it becomes stronger, and the kind wolf becomes weaker. But it is your choice which wolf you feed, this is a life time struggle, I am only 66.

There is so much injustice in this world, and yes we do have the right to be angry, BUT and it is a big but, if we retaliate in anger, more injustice will happen

The thing I am sure anger is normal.
Love and kindness are also normal, but which is greater? Love or anger.

and everything, but I get physical in these "anger attacks". I don't want to harm anyone,
The person who angers you, controls you, they feed your angry wolf inside. You should be in control of who feeds your wolf.

but I just sometimes sit or walk with people and just feels this itch in my hand. Like I want to punch them.
You can't think clearly with clenched fists. I know two lads who put their fists through windows, I arrived minutes after one of them had done this, and there was a trail of blood across the road. two years later his arm is still a mess.

Two weeks ago, we tried to stop a few lads fighting, one of the lads, punched a window a couple of times and flew into the fight, he came back seconds later with his mouth split open and bleeding knuckles.

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers me, the person who gets burned the most is me. The longer I hold onto this burning coal of anger, the hotter it becomes, it eats away at you while you are on your own, your thoughts consume you.

In the spirit of praying for the power to forgive those who anger us.

Eric

Serinity
02-23-2016, 09:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you StrivingforDeen;

An old Indian saying, there are two wolves inside everyone of us and they are always fighting each other. One is the kind and caring wolf, the other is the angry and violent wolf, the question you have to ask is which wolf wins?

The answer is the wolf you CHOOSE to feed. If you choose to feed the angry wolf, it becomes stronger, and the kind wolf becomes weaker. But it is your choice which wolf you feed, this is a life time struggle, I am only 66.

There is so much injustice in this world, and yes we do have the right to be angry, BUT and it is a big but, if we retaliate in anger, more injustice will happen

Love and kindness are also normal, but which is greater? Love or anger.

The person who angers you, controls you, they feed your angry wolf inside. You should be in control of who feeds your wolf.

You can't think clearly with clenched fists. I know two lads who put their fists through windows, I arrived minutes after one of them had done this, and there was a trail of blood across the road. two years later his arm is still a mess.

Two weeks ago, we tried to stop a few lads fighting, one of the lads, punched a window a couple of times and flew into the fight, he came back seconds later with his mouth split open and bleeding knuckles.

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person who angers me, the person who gets burned the most is me. The longer I hold onto this burning coal of anger, the hotter it becomes, it eats away at you while you are on your own, your thoughts consume you.

In the spirit of praying for the power to forgive those who anger us.

Eric
This reminds me.

The more evil you do, the more you feed the evil side of you. The more good you do, the more you feed the good side of you..

So, if you are an evil oppressive, angry filled person, who wants nothing but bloodshed, you feed your evil deeds.. And when you die, your evil deeds will manifest itself as a snake or something strong, while your good deeds, will be an aging old man, who can barely do anything.

How we control ourselves and use ourselves, be it in the good direction or in the bad/negative one, is upto us. One can not hope to do good, if they are focused on being angry and using the negative energy, rather than the positive.
May Allah protect me and forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

Serinity
02-23-2016, 10:05 PM
I can kinda understand why you are angry, and why you feel worthless, doomed, smaller than an ant, etc...

You need to change your view on God.

God did not create you in play, and what would God gain or in what interest would it be for Him to love to punish?? He SWT does not love to punish, it is people, that choose that path. God shows you the way, however, you choose.

The-Deist
02-23-2016, 10:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
I can kinda understand why you are angry, and why you feel worthless, doomed, smaller than an ant, etc...

You need to change your view on God.

God did not create you in play, and what would God gain or in what interest would it be for Him to love to punish?? He SWT does not love to punish, it is people, that choose that path. God shows you the way, however, you choose.
What is the way? I can never be sure. Muslims say it's Islam. Christians say Christianity. Deists say just relax.

M.I.A.
02-23-2016, 10:32 PM
Punch a wall a couple times.. Try not to pick a dry plaster one.

The urge will subside.. Your hands will tell you when to stop.

IRL headlocks work better anyway.

What do you talk about?

What character do you aspire to have?

...to whom will it be noteworthy?

And then someone will probably punch you lol. Go figure.

But yeah, most battles are won and lost long before any battlefield is reached..

Islam is the correct criterion of judgement.

Although I am still at a loss.

Allah swt raises and lowers as he wills.

azc
02-24-2016, 01:56 AM
perhaps you think too much

The-Deist
02-24-2016, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
perhaps you think too much
Bout what?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.