/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Does Allah choose who believes in Him?

Temporary
02-24-2016, 03:48 PM
There are many verses in the Quran which (to me at least) suggest that Allah himself chooses who believes in him, whereas we as humans have no authority over this.

And it is not for a soul to believe except by permission of Allah, and He will place defilement upon those who will not use reason. 10:100

And We did not send any messenger except [speaking] in the language of his people to state clearly for them, and Allah sends astray [thereby] whom He wills and guides whom He wills. And He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise. 14:4

Allah has set a seal upon their (disbelievers) hearts and upon their hearing, and over their vision is a veil. And for them is a great punishment. 2:7

What are your opinions about this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
02-24-2016, 05:30 PM
We do have free will, and thus a choice to believe.

Itis out of Allah's infinite Wisdom, and knowledge, that He SWT miraculously chooses that that certain person should not be guided, and that person should be guided.

Allah already knows who wants guidance and who does not, and the one whom Allah sends astray, didn't even want guidance in the first place, vica versa.

Point to note. Allah NEVER forced the person to choose misguidance over guidance. Otherwise it would eradicate free will. How do I know? If you got 2 job applications, the 1st being a low-salary job, with good company, and a high-salary job with bad company, which would you choose? Whichever you choose, you can not blame Allah.

To simplify; If you knew the left door is the door of Hell, wherein you'd burn if you were to open it. The right door, is the door of Paradise, wherein you'd have everlasting pleasure. Now if you were to choose the door of Hell, would you then blame Allah? No, it was your own choice.

Overall, ONLY Allah knows whose heart is sealed and whose is not. We, humans, are in no authority to judge whose heart is sealed and whose is not.
Allah misguides whom He wills, and guides whom He wills. But, if you were to ask Allah (swt) for guidance, He SWT will guide you.

And Allah knows best.

Please correct me wherever you see wrong in my post.
May Allah forgive me for whatever wrong I said. Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.