/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sikhs: Victims and proponents of islamophobia

GINGERBEARDMAN
02-25-2016, 08:38 AM
https://gingerbeardmansite.wordpress...-islamophobia/

“…when a Sikh man, Mangal Singh, reflected on his experiences he talked of how he and his two brothers chose to kill or, rather, martyr the women in his family to escape conversion to Islam. ‘“We had to do this”, he told me “because otherwise they would have been converted.””

It is in a post-9/11 environment in particular, that the conflict between Sikhs and Muslims has magnified. Not only are Sikhs being attacked due to mistakes by racists in who they are attacking, but the prevailing internal narrative within Sikh communities has meant that they have come to view Muslims as being different, external, a community not capable of integrating into British society as they have...

Link to full article at the top of the post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-25-2016, 03:01 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/clarific...ml#post2876860

...anyway,

In my country there is still a lot more tolerance between religious groups.

Although the younger generations tend to go either way, the older generation realise the hardships they have faced to try and establish themselves is prevailant across the board.

As a business person I meet all sorts of people and animosity is not really the prevailing feeling.

A lot of Asian Muslims must have been Hindu, sihk and God knows what else before converting to Islam..

Although I don't know the history. Very strange.

Pygoscelis
02-25-2016, 03:01 PM
Reminds me of Ghandi's racism against black people. He was adamant during his otherwise noble struggle that racists not lump Indian people in with them and often derided blacks.

You can see this in chimps too, so it is likely pretty primal and core to our being. The chimps just above the most subordinate ones (just above the ones who get picked on the most) are most often the worst offenders in that aggression, trying to set themselves apart.

Have also seen it online on message boards where Sikhs have objected to islamophobes that they are not muslims, instead of trying to say that muslims are not whatever horrible thing has been said they are.

M.I.A.
02-25-2016, 03:34 PM
..lol I draw parallel to moderate Muslims denouncing terrorism.

Shocking.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
GINGERBEARDMAN
02-25-2016, 07:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
..lol I draw parallel to moderate Muslims denouncing terrorism.

Shocking.
I see your point, though most of the moderate crowd are far from moderate in an islamic meaning of the word, being extreme in their laziness and liberal interpretations of the deen

M.I.A.
02-25-2016, 10:40 PM
Laziness is subjective..

Extremists and moderates usually want the same thing anyway,

To establish the foundations to further build upon.

The difference is one lives under the wicked West and the other under a different sect.

Heaven may be in the after life and yet both still want the same thing..

Not sure who will have it worse or easier those that that build out of the rubble to establish regular prayer or those that neglect there freedom to establish regular prayer.

Full time job either way.

You could chuck tens of thousands of people at the world every day and it would just swollow them up..

Although for some its not the first time it's done that.

muslim brother
10-19-2016, 02:03 PM
i find this article interesting,may help things

http://www.al-rahma.co.uk/2016/04/29...-ji-awr-islam/

It should be known that the objective of the book was not to celebrate Gurū Nānak and boast that he adhered to the same religion as the author does.[1] Rather, quite the opposite is true: the author’s intent behind this work was to bring forth anecdotes of Gurū Nānak’s biography, which can assist the objective researcher in identifying the true teachings of Gurū Nānak as he himself taught. This would, in turn, be a means of guiding the Sikh brethren to reconsider their perception of Sikhism, and, thereby, adopt the religion that Gurū Nānak had truly preached.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.