/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Salaam Alaikum, Looking for Muslim Roommate.

Naifah
02-26-2016, 06:38 PM
As-Salaam Alaikum,

I'm a new member of Islamic board. Ismi Naifah, a new Muslimah (August 2015). I was born and raised in the Philippines, but moved to New York 2009. I joined Islamic Board to surround myself with Muslims. AND Another reason is to see if i can get any help to find a Muslim Roommate here in New York. My current roommate is not a Muslim, and personally I was always had a strict outlook in life even before I became Muslim. Specially now that I became Muslim, I get even strict in general. Before I took in my roommate, I told her that if you have a boyfriend then 1 night a week or 2 maximum is understandable. She agreed, and now i see her boyfriend often and she even leave her boyfriend sleep over even if she's not home. Anyway, I finally addressed the situation and i decided to let her go. NOW, I'm in desperate to find a Muslim roommate. I signed up on muslimroommates.org but it doesn't seem working. Insha'allah anyone can lead me to a website (arabic, turkish or any websites where i can meet a muslim roommate).

Shukraan Jazilaan,

:sl:

Naifah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strivingobserver98
02-26-2016, 06:56 PM
:wa:

Welcome to the forum Naifah :). :ia: you can benefit here.

:ma: would love to read your story to Islam. Feel free to post here: http://www.islamicboard.com/new-musl...erts-post.html

Sorry to hear about your situation.

Try sending a message to this FB page, helps you find Muslim roommates : https://www.facebook.com/musmates/

They are based in USA and Canada.

Naifah
02-29-2016, 05:20 PM
:salam:

Shukran Jazilaan for the welcome. And Thank you for sharing my post. :statisfie YES, Definitely! I will be posting my story soon! Thank you for inviting me to share my story.

I will send the facebook page you've provided a message, Inshallah I can find a muslim roommate through them.

Best,

Naifah

strivingobserver98
02-29-2016, 05:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Naifah
I will send the facebook page you've provided a message, Inshallah I can find a muslim roommate through them.
:wasalam:

Let us know how it goes :).

If not that Facebook page then there may be other alternatives.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Naifah
02-29-2016, 07:37 PM
Thank you! I will :)

I know, i have been searching around the internet. And also ask some Muslim Friends.. Insha'allah, Allah finds way for me to have Muslim roommate..

Aveena786
03-27-2016, 10:54 PM
Salaam Naifah Hope all is well I am new to this site&just recently moved to the NY area. I am a more moderate Muslim from California of Middle Eastern descent looking for a female Muslim roommate who is friendly, easygoing&who I can learn more about the religion from as I have a strong interest to become more connected to my faith. I know this post was a few wks ago&I really hope you are still searching! If so you can feel free to contact me at 646-601-9933. I was trying to see if I could send you a private msg through this site but it does not seem possible. I thank you for your time&hope you see this msg. Jazakallah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.