/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Islam

Pages : [1] 2

The-Deist
02-26-2016, 10:19 PM
So this is going to be my little thread about Islam.

If you are not a new member you know I have been jumping in and out of religions.

But now since people have told me come back and what not, I have decided to "consider it". So I am ok with becoming Muslim. But, I do not believe in everything within it. So can someone be Muslim but not believe in everything?

Also what if I become Muslim but do not do the daily Fardh acts, Hajj and Ramadhan. What is my destiny?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Faithbox
02-26-2016, 10:41 PM
Salam, It should come from your heart not by force for others.
Since i read how important ramadan is i promised myself to have a proper
Ramadan next coming ramadan. The punishment for people not doing ramadan is very heavy i read. So in sha Allah i will do the next one good in the eye of the allmighty.

You should go to the hajj if you can go.
I always taught such a thing is not So necesarily but i cjanged my minder.
I think once visited mekkah and the hajj the connection between you and Allah will grow.

The-Deist
02-26-2016, 10:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Faithbox
Salam, It should come from your heart not by force for others.
Since i read how important ramadan is i promised myself to have a proper
Ramadan next coming ramadan. The punishment for people not doing ramadan is very heavy i read. So in sha Allah i will do the next one good in the eye of the allmighty.

You should go to the hajj if you can go.
I always taught such a thing is not So necesarily but i cjanged my minder.
I think once visited mekkah and the hajj the connection between you and Allah will grow.
I have visited Meqqah and Medina and here we are.

Anyways, I don't think I'll ever be able to believe in some things in Islam.

greenhill
02-26-2016, 10:47 PM
It is not anyone's place to say. 10000% Allah's domain.

Simply put, from my simple understanding, no Shahadah no chance. If you believe, you'll be punished for sins before entering jannah..

But then again, to be muslim is to submit. How can we be one who submits when we do not do what is commanded?

:peace:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kiro
02-26-2016, 10:50 PM
If you believe in the one God than you will do as he commanded and if you believe in God than you can believe in what he says.

The-Deist
02-26-2016, 10:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kiro
If you believe in the one God than you will do as he commanded and if you believe in God than you can believe in what he says.
But how do I know who is "the" true God?

Insaanah
02-27-2016, 12:06 AM
^ Can the One True God really be any other than the Creator and Originator of the heavens and the earth, who created us and sustains us? Can any other be worthy of worship other than Him?

LaSorcia
02-27-2016, 12:26 AM
I didn't realize I couldn't reply, so I posted an answer to your thread in a new post.

format_quote Originally Posted by StrivingforDeen
There is only one God, but getting to know him can be difficult for us here struggling in this dunya! Some folks might disagree with me, but I would not turn away from Islam because there are things you disagree with. Start with the faith that you do have, and practice this and keep at it. Allah himself will help you grow your faith as you are able. He knows and understands your capacity, and he will help you. Allah is kind and merciful

Zafran
02-27-2016, 01:57 AM
Also what if I become Muslim but do not do the daily Fardh acts, Hajj and Ramadhan. What is my destiny?
Why dont you want to do the fard acts like Fasting and Hajj if you can Afford/able to do so?

There is only One God - No other God exists. The God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus Muhammad pbuh. Is that not clear? If not why not?

azc
02-27-2016, 03:02 AM
So this is going to be my little thread about Islam. If you are not a new member you know I have been jumping in and out of religions. But now since people have told me come back and what not, I have decided to "consider it". So I am ok with becoming Muslim. But, I do not believe in everything within it. So can someone be Muslim but not believe in everything? Also what if I become Muslim but do not do the daily Fardh acts, Hajj and Ramadhan. What is my destiny?
May Allah swt open your heart to truth . Ameen

azc
02-27-2016, 03:14 AM
I have visited Meqqah and Medina and here we are.Anyways, I don't think I'll ever be able to believe in some things in Islam.
none can compel you to believe in Islam unless your sincere to believe.

azc
02-27-2016, 03:17 AM
do you ever find it confusing who is your ''true'' father and who is ''false'' one?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 09:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
do you ever find it confusing who is your ''true'' father and who is ''false'' one?
I meant which religion has the right perception of God.

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 09:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Insaanah
^ Can the One True God really be any other than the Creator and Originator of the heavens and the earth, who created us and sustains us? Can any other be worthy of worship other than Him?
I believe in one God.

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 09:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zafran
Why dont you want to do the fard acts like Fasting and Hajj if you can Afford/able to do so?

There is only One God - No other God exists. The God of Abraham, Moses, Jesus Muhammad pbuh. Is that not clear? If not why not?
Well it would be probs in the beginning (fasting).

But I have been to Maqqah before and do not want to go there again

azc
02-27-2016, 09:36 AM
Well it would be probs in the beginning (fasting). But I have been to Maqqah before and do not want to go there again
who cares of you, wish to go or not, however, your not allowed unless your a Muslim.

azc
02-27-2016, 09:39 AM
I believe in one God.
then what's the confusion, brother?

azc
02-27-2016, 09:42 AM
I meant which religion has the right perception of God.
do you know our views or not? If yes, then why are you asking us this question?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 09:43 AM
then what's the confusion, brother?
I don't believe in the Prophets and consider the punishment for apostasy a little bit too harsh...

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 09:44 AM
who cares of you, wish to go or not, however, your not allowed unless your a Muslim.
Well that was the question. What if I am able to make Hajj but do not want to. Is it a sin?

azc
02-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Well that was the question. What if I am able to make Hajj but do not want to. Is it a sin?
but being Muslim is the condition for it

azc
02-27-2016, 09:50 AM
I don't believe in the Prophets and consider the punishment for apostasy a little bit too harsh...
Islamic laws will not ne changed for you, whether or not you agree to them

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 10:45 AM
but being Muslim is the condition for it
So I can't become Muslim?

azc
02-27-2016, 10:48 AM
So I can't become Muslim?
who can stop you?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 10:49 AM
who can stop you?
The fact that I do not want to go to Makkah again.

azc
02-27-2016, 10:59 AM
The fact that I do not want to go to Makkah again.
first, becoming a Muslim is the most important issue

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 11:20 AM
first, becoming a Muslim is the most important issue
I do not believe in everything so...

Do I "force" myself to believe?

azc
02-27-2016, 11:30 AM
I do not believe in everything so... Do I "force" myself to believe?
elaborate it, plz

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 11:51 AM
elaborate it, plz
I do not believe in Prophets.

azc
02-27-2016, 12:31 PM
and for being a Muslim it's obligatory to believe in all prophets :as:

Insaanah
02-27-2016, 01:57 PM
As Muslims, we believe that God was Kind and Merciful enough to His creation of humanity, since the first human, to send prophets and messengers to us, with His guidance containing His message, to show us how He wants us to live and worship Him.

The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to Allah and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. The Prophets and messengers taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to Allah as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying Allah and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from Allah.

So Islam is not a new faith, but is the same ultimate universal truth that God revealed to all the prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be on them), and the same thing they all taught. Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, the meaning loosely translating as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, places and peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning.

With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end, rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets.

Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in.

God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, God's message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come. He is the messenger who must now be followed.

Do you believe in an unjust God who would create mankind and then leave them fumbling in the dark as to what they were meant to do without any guidance?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 02:08 PM
As Muslims, we believe that God was Kind and Merciful enough to His creation of humanity, since the first human, to send prophets and messengers to us, with His guidance containing His message, to show us how He wants us to live and worship Him.

The message was: to submit wholeheartedly to Allah and worship Him and Him alone, without any associates in, or parts to, His Exclusive Divinity, and to obey the prophet. The Prophets and messengers taught that people should be under no misperception that they can commit themselves to Allah as their Lord, and then combine this with accepting others as their Lord, or associating others in His Divinity, in whatever way. They taught that we should strive hard to translate our belief in the One True God into practice, by obeying Allah and the messengers He sent, who were also role models and examples for us, showing us practically how to put the guidance they were sent with into practice in our daily lives, explaining the scriptures, warning against wrong-doing, giving good tidings, and giving additional legislation from Allah.

So Islam is not a new faith, but is the same ultimate universal truth that God revealed to all the prophets, including Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus (peace be on them), and the same thing they all taught. Thus Islam is not named after a specific person (like Christianity, Buddhism), nor after a certain race or place (like Judaism, Hinduism), but is named by God Himself, the meaning loosely translating as 'submission to God', which is what every Prophet and their righteous followers did, from amongst all times, places and peoples. That in itself is one fraction of the evidence that it was the way of all the Prophets from the beginning.

With time, the message got forgotten or corrupted. So people started worshipping other gods along with Him, made idols, said that God begot a son, said that certain people were incarnations of God, some rejected belief in God altogether, while others elevated the status of some prophets to divine, or at the other end, rejected or blasphemed some of the prophets.

Whenever God's message got distorted by people, or forgotten, a new messenger was sent, not with any new or changed message, but reinforcing the actual message that God sent all the messengers with, the actual core beliefs that people were taught from the beginning of humanity, confirming the true parts of previous teachings and scriptures, and correcting wrong beliefs and misconceptions that had crept in.

God required that whenever He sent a new messenger, that messenger should be followed along with any new scripture given to him. This chain of messengers culminates in prophet Muhammad (peace on him), who is the last and final prophet and messenger. Since his prophethood, God's message is available unchanged and unadulterated, for the entire world, until the end of time. He wasn't sent as prophet and messenger for a specific group of people and specific time (e.g. as Moses and Jesus were to the Children of Israel), but he was sent for all the world, for all time, until the Day of Judgement. Thus he is the last, not first, prophet of Islam; a messenger to all mankind, for now, and for all time to come. He is the messenger who must now be followed.

Do you believe in an unjust God who would create mankind and then leave them fumbling in the dark as to what they were meant to do without any guidance?
I do not believe in their miracles

Insaanah
02-27-2016, 02:18 PM
I do not believe in their miracles
So you believe in prophets and messengers but do not believe they performed miracles as bestowed on them by Allah? Or you don't believe in prophets and messengers at all?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 03:53 PM
So you believe in prophets and messengers but do not believe they performed miracles as bestowed on them by Allah? Or you don't believe in prophets and messengers at all?
I do not believe in the miracles and thar makes me consider thrm all made up.

Insaanah
02-27-2016, 03:55 PM
I do not believe in the miracles and thar makes me consider thrm all made up.
Who do you consider made them up? The prophets (peace be on them), or their followers?

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 03:56 PM
Who made them up? The prophets (peace be on them), or their followers?
I meant I consider the existence of Prophets as fairytales.

Insaanah
02-27-2016, 03:58 PM
I meant I consider the existence of Prophets as fairytales.
So, in that case, please answer the question I asked you earlier:

The-Deist
02-27-2016, 04:01 PM
So, in that case, please answer the question I asked you earlier:
I am sure God wouldn't. I feel like the stories have been just made more "miracoulous". I don't really doubt the existence of Muhammed since I have seen his grave.

Umm Abed
02-28-2016, 07:06 PM
If youve done your fard hajj then it is not compulsory to do hajj again.

hisnameiszzz
02-28-2016, 07:30 PM
You really would be best approaching an Imam, Aalim or a Mufti. Do it over the phone if you can't do it in person.

It seems like you have a lot of questions. I am not sure any of us are qualified to fully answer your questions. Well I am sure there are some, but I can't answer them.

Good luck.

crookedrib
02-28-2016, 08:24 PM
Bismillah,

The definition of a Muslim is one who submits themselves to Allah, their Creator. If you're not willing to submit yourself to Him then you can't be a Muslim. Sawm and Hajj are two of the five pillars of Islam, tbh I don't get why you see them as an issue, they're really quite simple alhamdulillah. You said you visited Makkah before and don't want to got back, perhaps you were too young to experience its beauty. Or Shaytaan is doing waswas and wants to keep you from returning to Bayt Allah.

Muhammad:arabic5:, like other prophets had miracles too. So why is it so hard to believe in them if you can believe him? Belief in the Prophets:as: is the third pillar of Imaan I believe, so yes, disbelieving in them is a HUGE deal.

Btw where did your other thread go? About agnostics? What do you define yourself as?

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by crookedrib
Bismillah,

The definition of a Muslim is one who submits themselves to Allah, their Creator. If you're not willing to submit yourself to Him then you can't be a Muslim. Sawm and Hajj are two of the five pillars of Islam, tbh I don't get why you see them as an issue, they're really quite simple alhamdulillah. You said you visited Makkah before and don't want to got back, perhaps you were too young to experience its beauty. Or Shaytaan is doing waswas and wants to keep you from returning to Bayt Allah.

Muhammad:arabic5:, like other prophets had miracles too. So why is it so hard to believe in them if you can believe him? Belief in the Prophets:as: is the third pillar of Imaan I believe, so yes, disbelieving in them is a HUGE deal.

Btw where did your other thread go? About agnostics? What do you define yourself as?
I am a believer in one God. I have no religion. I believe in the Resurrection and that we will be judged some day.

Also I said I believe he existed, his prophethood on the otherhand not sure of it.

azc
02-29-2016, 11:15 AM
I am a believer in one God. I have no religion. I believe in the Resurrection and that we will be judged some day.Also I said I believe he existed, his prophethood on the otherhand not sure of it.
You deny the prophethood of our prophet s.a.w???

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 11:21 AM
You deny the prophethood of our prophet s.a.w???
I have said it many times before that I atleast for now deny Prophets.

azc
02-29-2016, 11:26 AM
You believe in One God but still wandering Who's True God??You believe in resurrection without believing in any religion.??You believe in being judged on A Day but have no faith in prophets a.s and prophethood of our prophet s.a.w??......Your a confused person!

emem
02-29-2016, 11:30 AM
It's up to you. Try to think of a way to reconcile with your old self and make a simple decision on what to do next. Maybe that can help. But InshaAllah, HE knows your heart. Trust.

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 11:34 AM
You believe in One God but still wandering Who's True God??You believe in resurrection without believing in any religion.??You believe in being judged on A Day but have no faith in prophets a.s and prophethood of our prophet s.a.w??......Your a confused person!
I believe a single God is true.

azc
02-29-2016, 11:50 AM
I believe a single God is true.
Who's true God???Did he send any religion for you to be adhered to??Did he send any prophet to be followed??your still confused, Man Grow up!

crookedrib
02-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Strivingfordeen, i too believe you are confused. The Prophets :as: were the ones that informed their peoples of the day of resurrection, the day mankind will be accounted for every single deed. How can you believe in their teachings yet not believe in their existence?

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Strivingfordeen, i too believe you are confused. The Prophets :as: were the ones that informed their peoples of the day of resurrection, the day mankind will be accounted for every single deed. How can you believe in their teachings yet not believe in their existence?
I just take it from past religions I have been in.

crookedrib
02-29-2016, 12:04 PM
I just take it from past religions I have been in.
That wouldn't make sense though, you said you only believe in the "true God". Why would you believe in the teachings of other religions? Are you saying you believe in the God of Islam and Christianity? Do you believe in Allah?

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 12:07 PM
That wouldn't make sense though, you said you only believe in the "true God". Why would you believe in the teachings of other religions? Are you saying you believe in the God of Islam and Christianity? Do you believe in Allah?
I believe in One supreme being. I do not believe in a God of any religion right now. I know I have one problem in myself tho. I change alot. One day it's this. The next it could be something else.

crookedrib
02-29-2016, 12:18 PM
I believe in One supreme being. I do not believe in a God of any religion right now. I know I have one problem in myself tho. I change alot. One day it's this. The next it could be something else.
Yes, I get that you apparently have no religion atm but I don't think your problem is belief related, it sounds more like you just want an easy lifestyle. The fact that you're still here on this islamic forum shows that you know deep down that Islam is the one TRUE religion. Which also makes you worry about the punishment of an apostate.

Have you sincerely prayed for guidance?

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes, I get that you apparently have no religion atm but I don't think your problem is belief related, it sounds more like you just want an easy lifestyle. The fact that you're still here on this islamic forum shows that you know deep down that Islam is the one TRUE religion. Which also makes you worry about the punishment of an apostate.

Have you sincerely prayed for guidance?
I have prayed for guidance.

Anyways I have requested my profile to be deleted/closed about an month ago, I guess in a way I am just passing time with my mind, getting some questions answered. Also I am on Christian forums, does it mean I also consider it true. No.

No offense to anyone

Kiro
02-29-2016, 02:07 PM
I have prayed for guidance.

Anyways I have requested my profile to be deleted/closed about an month ago, I guess in a way I am just passing time with my mind, getting some questions answered. Also I am on Christian forums, does it mean I also consider it true. No.

No offense to anyone
but did you really say it clearly? "I want to be guided to the correct religion"

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 02:26 PM
but did you really say it clearly? "I want to be guided to the correct religion"
No, but I am sure God understands. He's God, duh.

azc
02-29-2016, 03:37 PM
Guidance to right path shouldn't be taken for granted. It's not granted unless we desperately cry for it before Allah s.w.t. Everlasting Hell fire is before our eyes and if we don't get guidance we'll be thrown in it and the fact is that. Its intensity and magnitude is unbearable.May Allah swt protect all of us from Hell. Ameen

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Guidance to right path shouldn't be taken for granted. It's not granted unless we desperately cry for it before Allah s.w.t. Everlasting Hell fire is before our eyes and we don't get guidance we'll be thrown in it. Its intensity and magnitude is unbearable.May Allah swt protect all of us from Hell. Ameen
Waiiit.

We have to cry?

azc
02-29-2016, 03:58 PM
If your heart is like a stone then you'll not cry; but if your sincere to be guided, you'll cry. And keep this truth in your mind that God doesn't need to guide you unless you desperately feel its need and beg for it. How long man lives in this transient world?...just for a few decades and then the reality of hereafter will be before eyes. And then each of us will experience it.... I feel pity for your ignorance and arrogance. May Allah swt give you guidance. Ameen

Serinity
02-29-2016, 04:23 PM
If your heart is like a stone then you'll not cry; but if your sincere to be guided, you'll cry. And keep this truth in your mind that God doesn't need to guide you unless you desperately feel its need and beg for it. How long man lives in this transient world?...just for a few decades and then the reality of hereafter will be before eyes. And then each of us will experience it.... I feel pity for your ignorance and arrogance. May Allah swt give you guidance. Ameen
But what if he just can't cry at all??

I am pretty sure Allah can guide whomever He wills. I wanted guidance and asked for it.. yes I did cry.. but there are hearts that can't cry but fall flat in fear of Allah etc..

Idk... Just saying, if you are sincere, whether you cry or not, you will get guided. Ask for it.

Talk with God, StrivingforDeen, ask Him whatever questions you have.. clear your doubts.. ask Him.. Search.. ask.. search.. ask... Rince and repeat.

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
But what if he just can't cry at all??

I am pretty sure Allah can guide whomever He wills. I wanted guidance and asked for it.. yes I did cry.. but there are hearts that can't cry but fall flat in fear of Allah etc..

Idk... Just saying, if you are sincere, whether you cry or not, you will get guided. Ask for it.

Talk with God, StrivingforDeen, ask Him whatever questions you have.. clear your doubts.. ask Him.. Search.. ask.. search.. ask... Rince and repeat.
I usually ask God to guide me to the truth. That's really all I do. I don't cry tho. I might have asked God to guide me and then say that somehow make me accept it. God knows how my mind works so I believe he can do it if he wants.

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Of course I want Gods guidance. Now crying would be hard.

How am I arrogant tho?

azc
02-29-2016, 05:42 PM
Of course I want Gods guidance. Now crying would be hard.How am I arrogant tho?
denying the truth is always due to arrogance and ignorance

azc
02-29-2016, 06:08 PM
“Allah Ta`ala loves abdiyat(total obedience and submission- the quality of being a slave). A woman holding the hand of her child came to Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and said: “O Rasulullah! I cannot bear to throw this child in the fire. Will Allah Ta`ala assign His servants to the Fire?” Hearing this, Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) cried and said: “Allah Ta`ala will not assign to Jahannum anyone but a rebellious person bent on open transgression.”.........Only a person who deliberately and flagrantly rebels against Allah’s law, one who knowingly and wantonly refuses to acknowledge the authority of Allah Ta`ala, has chosen the fire for himself by his own choice. The humble ones will be treated with only mercy.Even a man who is unable to fulfill the rights of others on account of his lack of ability and means, will obtain the aid of Allah Ta`ala provided that he always was concerned about fulfilling such rights. Allah Ta`ala will make up for the people of right (e.g. creditors) by offering great rewards to them on behalf of the debtor.”

Kiro
02-29-2016, 06:46 PM
There is a difference in believing in something and acting upon something you believe in, the tongue verifies and makes your intention firm and you verify it to God. It's taking the extra mile.

The-Deist
02-29-2016, 10:45 PM
denying the truth is always due to arrogance and ignorance
Well. That sounds like just enforcing beliefs.

azc
03-01-2016, 01:20 AM
Well. That sounds like just enforcing beliefs.
No, it's not possible, who can enforce you?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 01:21 AM
No, it's not possible, who can enforce you?
I said sounds like it.

*charisma*
03-01-2016, 02:45 AM
loooool.

I'm sorry bro, but it seems like you have so many things twisted in your own head. It's like you want to be in a religion, but you don't want to be? Things are so unclear for you, but the way you are portraying yourself is also extremely ambiguous, it almost seems as if people are wasting their energy in trying to figure out your thought process which is very illogical.

Going to makkah and madinah means nothing unless you know why you're going there for, unless you have an intention.
Religion, practically all of them, had a messenger. If you want to start out from scratch and not believe in anything then lets do so:

1. Ashahdu ina illaha (I bear witness IN NO GOD).

2. IlLallah --I BELIEVE IN THE ONE AND ONLY GOD (allah)

3. wa ashhadu ana muhammadan 3abduhu (I bear witness that Muhammed is His servant)

4. wa rasuluh (and His messenger)

You already said you believed in one God (#2), and I'm guessing you refer to Him as Allah, and you believe in Muhammed as a servant of God (but not a prophet) (#3)..so you already believe in 3/4 of the shahada. You don't believe in the messengers, so this is where you have to break it down for us in specifics of why, and what exactly you don't believe in. Saying you don't believe in miracles is not specific. Otherwise, if you're just going to follow your desires and go back and forth into choosing what fits for you in this worldly life, then the truth is you're not a believer in anything but this dunyaa.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 08:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
loooool.

I'm sorry bro, but it seems like you have so many things twisted in your own head. It's like you want to be in a religion, but you don't want to be? Things are so unclear for you, but the way you are portraying yourself is also extremely ambiguous, it almost seems as if people are wasting their energy in trying to figure out your thought process which is very illogical.

Going to makkah and madinah means nothing unless you know why you're going there for, unless you have an intention.
Religion, practically all of them, had a messenger. If you want to start out from scratch and not believe in anything then lets do so:

1. Ashahdu ina illaha (I bear witness IN NO GOD).

2. IlLallah --I BELIEVE IN THE ONE AND ONLY GOD (allah)

3. wa ashhadu ana muhammadan 3abduhu (I bear witness that Muhammed is His servant)

4. wa rasuluh (and His messenger)

You already said you believed in one God (#2), and I'm guessing you refer to Him as Allah, and you believe in Muhammed as a servant of God (but not a prophet) (#3)..so you already believe in 3/4 of the shahada. You don't believe in the messengers, so this is where you have to break it down for us in specifics of why, and what exactly you don't believe in. Saying you don't believe in miracles is not specific. Otherwise, if you're just going to follow your desires and go back and forth into choosing what fits for you in this worldly life, then the truth is you're not a believer in anything but this dunyaa.
I do not refer to God as Allah.

Also I am ok with organized religion (especially if it's the way to heaven) but not very fond of it. Many religions seem man made and I am starting to believe all are.

I do not believe in the stories about Prophets (they sound made up) so indirectly I do not believe in them.

azc
03-01-2016, 09:02 AM
What's the point of this discussion? It's sheer waste of time.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 09:08 AM
What's the point of this discussion? It's sheer waste of time.
I am just asking questions.

I have probably learned something new.

And of course trying to find the way to heaven.

azc
03-01-2016, 09:16 AM
I am just asking questions. I have probably learned something new. And of course trying to find the way to heaven.
?????????

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 09:19 AM
?????????
The thread title is "Questions about Islam"

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 09:28 AM
What has happened to you O StrivingforDeen? You were once the champion in da'wah, you know so much about Islam much much more than many of here, but yet you gave up, you have forsaken your fitra - which is natural disposition of man, which is Islam.

It reminds me of how Iblis, the accursed satan, how much he worshipped Allah and he knows the truth but rejected it, and his everlasting abode will be hellfire. He was kicked far from Allah's mercy because of his open rebelliousness.

That is really scary, come back onto the deen, O StrivingforDeen, I dont think I need to tell you more because you'r quite knowledgeable in Islam, so you know.

Come back to Islam, dont let others lead you astray, dont be in their company.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 09:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Abed
What has happened to you O StrivingforDeen? You were once the champion in da'wah, you know so much about Islam much much more than many of here, but yet you gave up, you have forsaken your fitra - which is natural disposition of man, which is Islam.

It reminds me of how Iblis, the accursed satan, how much he worshipped Allah and he knows the truth but rejected it, and his everlasting abode will be hellfire. He was kicked far from Allah's mercy because of his open rebelliousness.

That is really scary, come back onto the deen, O StrivingforDeen, I dont think I need to tell you more because you'r quite knowledgeable in Islam, so you know.

Come back to Islam, dont let others lead you astray, dont be in their company.
I am not sure of the truth.

Also I am sure I have forgotten stuff about Islam.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 09:35 AM
If only some brothers could take StrivingforDeen under their wing, if only..if only...

That would be a great thing.

StrivingforDeen, you need to take up the advice given here - and absorb it.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 09:50 AM
If only some brothers could take StrivingforDeen under their wing, if only..if only...

That would be a great thing.

StrivingforDeen, you need to take up the advice given here - and absorb it.
What do you mean by taking under their wing, for what?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 09:53 AM
What do you mean by taking under their wing, for what?
I mean giving you good company as certainly your company isnt the right one atm.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 09:54 AM
I am not sure of the truth.

Also I am sure I have forgotten stuff about Islam.
If you have forgotten stuff about Islam then it can be understood.

But information is unlimited so you can learn again.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 10:01 AM
I mean giving you good company as certainly your company isnt the right one atm.
I don't I know many committed Muslims. Yet alone anyone of my age.

strivingobserver98
03-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Ponder on this..

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 10:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by فرحان
Ponder on this..

What is there to ponder?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 11:33 AM
What is there to ponder?
That means you have lost your chance when you discover the Hereafter HAS been the truth after all.

To answer your above post, I advise the good brothers to take it up themselves, and do something positive...

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 11:35 AM
That means you have lost your chance when you discover the Hereafter HAS been the truth after all.

To answer your above post, I advise the good brothers to take it up themselves, and do something positive...
I believe in the hereafter.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 11:37 AM
I believe in the hereafter.
That should include believing that only muslims will enter jannah.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 11:43 AM
What would happen to an agnostic who does alot of good for God but is not sure of religion. Does he go to hell too?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 11:50 AM
BTW what is considered bad company?

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 11:55 AM
I do not refer to God as Allah.

Also I am ok with organized religion (especially if it's the way to heaven) but not very fond of it. Many religions seem man made and I am starting to believe all are.

I do not believe in the stories about Prophets (they sound made up) so indirectly I do not believe in them.
Islam is man made? Prove it.

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 12:03 PM
BTW what is considered bad company?
Basically any company that distracts you from the remembrance of Allah. Includes:

Company that's not Muslims
Company that thinks listening to music is ok
Company that thinks hanging out with the opposite sex is ok
Company that's doing drugs/alcohol
Company with foul mouths
Company that always gossips
Ect ect ect

The list is endless.

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 12:10 PM
What would happen to an agnostic who does alot of good for God but is not sure of religion. Does he go to hell too?
You're asking from an Islamic point of view? An agnostic does not believe in the kalimah therefore is considered a kaafir. He would have a legitimate excuse if he's never heard of Islam before but that is COMPLETELY different than your case; a boy who left islam and only believes in the "true God" even after the guidance of Allah.

Question: Why does the punishment/result of an apostate in Islam bother you so much? This is not the first time I've seen you pose this question.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 12:13 PM
You're asking from an Islamic point of view? An agnostic does not believe in the kalimah therefore is considered a kaafir. He would have a legitimate excuse if he's never heard of Islam before but that is COMPLETELY different than your case; a boy who left islam and only believes in the "true God" even after the guidance of Allah.

Question: Why does the punishment/result of an apostate in Islam bother you so much? This is not the first time I've seen you pose this question.
I didn't ask about apostates.

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 12:16 PM
I didn't ask about apostates.
My bad, I thought you were referring to yourself.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Basically any company that distracts you from the remembrance of Allah. Includes:

Company that's not Muslims
Company that thinks listening to music is ok
Company that thinks hanging out with the opposite sex is ok
Company that's doing drugs/alcohol
Company with foul mouths
Company that always gossips
Ect ect ect

The list is endless.
I live in a kaffir country.

Even the Muslims do some of those stuff.

Kiro
03-01-2016, 01:11 PM
Yes because you did not humble yourself before God and worship him as he deserves to be. If you deny to wroship God than that's arrogance.

Kiro
03-01-2016, 01:12 PM
I think you just need time, you don't have to convert straight away.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 01:22 PM
He will be compensated in this world but will have no share in the Hereafter. So yes, hell is their abode.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Yes because you did not humble yourself before God and worship him as he deserves to be. If you deny to wroship God than that's arrogance.
If he is not sure then how is that arrogance.

Kiro
03-01-2016, 01:42 PM
If he is not sure then how is that arrogance.
Because God deserves to be worships and you should worship him as he deserves and you should humble yourself to him by worshiping him.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 01:43 PM
Because God deserves to be worships and you should worship him as he deserves and you should humble yourself to him by worshiping him.
But if he is not sure of religion.

Kiro
03-01-2016, 01:52 PM
if you are not sure than you have to time to find the truth

if you reject Islam than you will but if you neither believe but neither disbelieve than you may have a chance

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 02:27 PM
Could my conversion also be because I moved from a Muslim country to a kaffir country.

Here I am more free and exposed to haram things.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 02:34 PM
For example, many people has given you indepth explanation, so there is no doubt left.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:02 PM
Does sinning lower the chance of being guided?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:06 PM
Does sinning lower the chance of being guided?
Its the outright rejection of truth that lowers the chance of being guided.

Everyone sins, and we'r required to repent, Allah is most forgiving.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Its the outright rejection of truth that lowers the chance of being guided.

Everyone sins, and we'r required to repent, Allah is most forgiving.
You didn't answer my question.

Lets say I have tried some stuff during my non Muslim period.

And I am still doing them/okay with them.

Will it lower my chance of being guided?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:10 PM
As long as you regard them to be sins, you can still be guided.

Does that answers your question?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:13 PM
As long as you regard them to be sins, you can still be guided.

Does that answers your question?
It answers it almost.

Like lets say someone goes to a nightclub and has sex then the same night asks God to guide him (not with the intention of stopping sinning).

You feel me?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Yes there is still chance of him being guided because he may leave those sins and repent in the future.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:22 PM
Yes there is still chance of him being guided because he may leave those sins and repent in the future.
Does living in a non Muslim influence. Cuz I moved here and probably lost half of my Iman in 3 days. I startez listening to Music. Talking to the opposite sex.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:27 PM
Does living in a non Muslim influence. Cuz I moved here and probably lost half of my Iman in 3 days. I startez listening to Music. Talking to the opposite sex.
Environment has strong influence, that is why being on your own is better than being in the wrong company, in the same way good company is better than being alone.

Most of us live in non-muslim countries. We have to make extra effort to safeguard our iman. Oh and music has a terrible effect on faith.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:28 PM
Environment has strong influence, that is why being on your own is better than being in the wrong company, in the same way good company is better than being alone.

Most of us live in non-muslim countries. We have to make extra effort to safeguard our iman. Oh and music has a terrible effect on faith.
Well there's no one really committed here of my age.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:30 PM
You mean no other young muslim person around your area?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:31 PM
What about your family? Arent they muslims?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:32 PM
You mean no other young muslim person around your area?
They all listen to Music minimum hangout with girls and whatnot. There's some older Muslims I know.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:32 PM
What about your family? Arent they muslims?
My Dad is the only Muslim in The fam.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:33 PM
My Dad is the only Muslim in The fam.
Oh, that is why it is a big challenge for you now. How did he react when you left the religion?

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Oh, that is why it is a big challenge for you now. How did he react when you left the religion?
He doesn't know.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:35 PM
He doesn't know.
Oh ok.

I think the best thing for you is to move out in a couple of years time into a more religious society.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:36 PM
Oh ok.

I think the best thing for you is to move out in a couple of years time into a more religious society.
Like where?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Like where?
Like anywhere where there's a concentration of muslims. We can still explore. For now have that intention.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:43 PM
Like anywhere where there's a concentration of muslims. We can still explore. For now have that intention.
Give me an example.

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 03:51 PM
I live in a kaffir country.

Even the Muslims do some of those stuff.
Yes, I'm aware of that. There are Muslims who do even worse, may Allah guide us all.

Could my conversion also be because I moved from a Muslim country to a kaffir country.

Here I am more free and exposed to haram things.
Most definitely.

Bro, i don't mean to sound harsh but that's not an excuse for your imaan crisis. Allah is testing you. The more committed a person is to Islam, the harder the trials get. You were very committed not so long ago and Im sure others on this forum can testify to that.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 03:53 PM
Yes, but I was living in a Muslim country. Plus portrayal in the Internet can be deceiving especially if it's not personal.

So it's almost like if you ate committed here you'll have nothing to do?

Also by not committed people I meant like. It's just that there's really no influence of Deen. It's all about having fun.

I know older people or like young adults that are maybe committed but they are busy and I prefer staying with younger folk.

crookedrib
03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
I get what you mean. There are no muslim youth activities at your local masaajid?

How close are you with your father? Maybe you can talk about your hardships with him.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Give me an example.
This idea just came to mind: you can move to a boarding madrassa and study the deen there, as well as being in good company, it will help you.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:07 PM
This idea just came to mind: you can move to a boarding madrassa and study the deen there, as well as being in good company, it will help you.
What is a boarding Madrassa?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Darul Uloom. A school for Islamic studies. There you could stay until you finish a specific course.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:08 PM
I get what you mean. There are no muslim youth activities at your local masaajid?

How close are you with your father? Maybe you can talk about your hardships with him.
The closest Masjid is like 10KM away. I don't think I would trust my Dad with the problem.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Darul Uloom. A school for Islamic studies. There you could stay until you finish a specific course.
Where are those?

ardianto
03-01-2016, 04:09 PM
Madrassa with dormitory where the students live there.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Where are those?
Many places have them. I cannot pinpoint exactly where at this moment. But it is a possibility to be explored.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:11 PM
Many places have them. I cannot pinpoint exactly where at this moment. But it is a possibility to be explored.
There are none here for sure.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:13 PM
Where are the scholars of the forum? The students of deen etc??

Please help out a brother for Allah's sake.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:14 PM
There are none here for sure.
Usually students from around the world study at a madrassa.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:16 PM
Usually students from around the world study at a madrassa.
I have heard of some in the US

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:17 PM
I have heard of some in the US
Yes there are too, as well as other countries.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Yes there are too, as well as other countries.
Not here tho.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:19 PM
Not here tho.
Its tough.

You can still consider moving abroad to one..

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:24 PM
Its tough.

You can still consider moving abroad to one..
Not really.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 04:42 PM
Not really.
I mean that could be a solution to what we spoke about at first, about no muslims around where you are.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 04:53 PM
I mean that could be a solution to what we spoke about at first, about no muslims around where you are.
I said there's not many committed.
Anyways I not Muslim yet so that's not important.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 06:22 PM
I still have hopes.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 06:51 PM
I still have hopes.
For what?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 06:53 PM
For what?
For being guided back on deen.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:00 PM
For being guided back on deen.
Why?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 07:04 PM
Why?
Itl give you complete peace of mind.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:05 PM
Itl give you complete peace of mind.
I have that now, after I left Islam.

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 07:06 PM
I have that now, after I left Islam.
Its not true peace. Its a delusion.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:07 PM
Its not true peace. Its a delusion.
I think I was sad in Islam.

What's delusional peace tho?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 07:09 PM
I think I was sad in Islam.

What's delusional peace tho?
Im saying the peace you feel now is not real, its a delusion.

The only real peace you will find is in Iman, otherwise.. its an ongoing inner struggle.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:11 PM
Im saying the peace you feel now is not real, its a delusion.

The only real peace you will find is in Iman, otherwise.. its an ongoing inner struggle.
So the sadness I felt in Islam was what then? Delusional?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 07:13 PM
So the sadness I felt in Islam was what then? Delusional?
It was due to other things, life changes etc. It just happen to occur then, not because of Islam.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:16 PM
It was due to other things, life changes etc. It just happen to occur then, not because of Islam.
Such as?

Umm Abed
03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
Such as?
A lot of things can make you sad.

I dont know what happened around that time in your life.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:18 PM
When I left all religion life became smooth

Kiro
03-01-2016, 07:28 PM
When I left all religion life became smooth
Islamically, when Allah loves a slave, he tests them and when you become Muslim, you will be tested harder.

The-Deist
03-01-2016, 07:30 PM
Islamically, when Allah loves a slave, he tests them and when you become Muslim, you will be tested harder.
Relationship with parents improved for which I prayed for when Muslim.

Kiro
03-01-2016, 07:38 PM
Relationship with parents improved for which I prayed for when Muslim.
your post is kinda confusing, I am assuming you mean after losing faith, well God can test you through your parents but the thing is, you might be blaming it all on Islam. But anyway, did you actually take the initiative yourself to work towards improving your relationship with parents as a Muslim?

Anyway, when ya throw the paper than ya throw the test and now life became 'easier'

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 09:21 AM
I should probably stay away from people who try to invite me to their religion.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5036X using Tapatalk

Kiro
03-02-2016, 09:22 AM

hmmmm

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 09:24 AM
hmmmm
As I said yesterday somewhere.

Losin my mind, has the Lord turned my heart blind?

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 09:54 AM

Which religion?

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 09:58 AM
Which religion?
Every religion.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:00 AM
Every religion.
Yes every religion - besides Islam of course.

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:01 AM
Yes every religion - besides Islam of course.
That too

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:03 AM
That too
If truth is what you'r looking for then surely Allah will guide you back onto the deen.

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:04 AM
If truth is what you'r looking for then surely Allah will guide you back onto the deen.
I don't think I have ever fully believed in any religion. But I'll probs take a month off getting into religious discussions.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:08 AM
I don't think I have ever fully believed in any religion. But I'll probs take a month off getting into religious discussions.

But you are searching for the truth, right?

See you back on the forum soon, if and whenever you take a break..

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:12 AM
But you are searching for the truth, right?

See you back on the forum soon, if and whenever you take a break..
I am searching, not non-stop tho.

I am probably gonna stay in chill threads.

No problem with this thread.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:15 AM
I am searching, not non-stop tho.

I am probably gonna stay in chill threads.

No problem with this thread.
Ok, the fact that you are searching, it alone gives a lot of hope, because you will be open minded if the truth is what you'r seeking.

Yh you can go on the chill threads, meanwhile.

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:18 AM
Ok, the fact that you are searching, it alone gives a lot of hope, because you will be open minded if the truth is what you'r seeking.

Yh you can go on the chill threads, meanwhile.
I have only talked with Muslims, Christians and agnostics. Of course there is also Tupac.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:21 AM
I have only talked with Muslims, Christians and agnostics. Of course there is also Tupac.

What is Tupac?. I still think you have a chance if you seek the truth.

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:23 AM
What is Tupac?. I still think you have a chance if you seek the truth.
He is a rapper. A deep believer in God and other stuff. Probably a great influence for me.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:26 AM
He is a rapper. A deep believer in God and other stuff. Probably a great influence for me.
He does music?

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:27 AM
He does music?
Not anymore. But he seemed to be somehow similar to me. Deep belief in God. But he was unsure of religion.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:30 AM
Not anymore. But he seemed to be somehow similar to me. Deep belief in God. But he was unsure of religion.
Well I hope he finds the truth. Surroundings has a big influence on a person. It is up to you to choose the best.

The-Deist
03-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Well I hope he finds the truth. Surroundings has a big influence on a person. It is up to you to choose the best.
He is supposedly dead (conspiracies) shot down in Vegas 1996.

Umm Abed
03-02-2016, 10:38 AM
He is supposedly dead (conspiracies) shot down in Vegas 1996.

Oh, I had no idea about him. I didnt know he existed.

Kiro
03-02-2016, 02:04 PM
As I said yesterday somewhere.

Losin my mind, has the Lord turned my heart blind?

do as I suggested to you and literally say to God, that you want to be guided to be the correct religion "Guide me to the correct religion"

Umm Abed
03-03-2016, 12:06 PM
I think you should edit out that link. Its got music in it. ..

azc
03-03-2016, 12:25 PM
Anyone who listens to Music can listen to it. Good stuff.
yes, if you like music, you can but you can't compel others to listen if they don't like it

Kiro
03-03-2016, 12:45 PM
Anyone who listens to Music can listen to it.

Good stuff.
but this is a Islamic forum

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 01:09 PM
yes, if you like music, you can but you can't compel others to listen if they don't like it
I didn't force anyone. I said they can.

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 01:12 PM
do as I suggested to you and literally say to God, that you want to be guided to be the correct religion "Guide me to the correct religion"
I guess I have said that.

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 01:13 PM
but this is a Islamic forum
There's many muslims who listen to Music. Also there's non-Muslims here.

Kiro
03-03-2016, 02:30 PM
There's many muslims who listen to Music. Also there's non-Muslims here.
And this is a place for people to learn, music is not part of the religion so you shouldnt post it on a Islamic forum

Kiro
03-03-2016, 02:30 PM
I guess I have said that.
You guess?

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 02:57 PM
You guess?
Maybe something along those lines.

anatolian
03-03-2016, 06:03 PM
So this is going to be my little thread about Islam.

If you are not a new member you know I have been jumping in and out of religions.

But now since people have told me come back and what not, I have decided to "consider it". So I am ok with becoming Muslim. But, I do not believe in everything within it. So can someone be Muslim but not believe in everything?

Salam friend. If you dont do Fardhes you become a sinner but if you reject them you become a disbeliever. You know there are 5 pillars of Islam and 6 pillars of Iman. You must accept and believe them to be a muslim. Belief in the prophets is a part of Iman. So if you dont believe in the prophets you dont have Imanand if you dont have a Iman you are not a muslim.

So what is so hard to believe in the prophets?

Asiyah3
03-03-2016, 06:40 PM
@StrivingforDeen Why don't you basically come and visit a mosque? If you live in Finland, I could recommend you a couple scholars for example, if you're interested.

I think the discussions there will be more fruitful as many of us members aren't knowledgeable enough to advice you here, and to be honest I find some of the comments here pretty non-relevant. Whether you listen to music or not doesn't matter to me. It's important to know priorities. In light of the Hereafter what is important now is your relationship with God and maintaining that. That you understand why prophets are sent, what our purpose in life is, what we should do in this life etc,

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Asiyah3
@StrivingforDeen Why don't you basically come and visit a mosque? If you live in Finland, I could recommend you a couple scholars for example, if you're interested.

I think the discussions there will be more fruitful as many of us members aren't knowledgeable enough to advice you here, and to be honest I find some of the comments here pretty non-relevant. Whether you listen to music or not doesn't matter to me. It's important to know priorities. In light of the Hereafter what is important now is your relationship with God and maintaining that. That you understand why prophets are sent, what our purpose in life is, what we should do in this life etc,
Masjid is like 10KM away.

Why would I go there anyways.

Umm Abed
03-03-2016, 07:45 PM
@asiya, to say that music doesnt matter is not right.

Music has a big effect on a person and does lead them astray, causing hypocrisy as well as hardening the heart and making it resistant to receiving guidance. Any scholar will clarify that.

"And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'aan) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire)." - Qur'an.

The-Deist
03-03-2016, 08:52 PM

Music has a big effect on a person and does lead them astray, causing hypocrisy as well as hardening the heart and making it resistant to receiving guidance. Any scholar will clarify that.

"And of mankind is he who purchases idle talks (i.e. music, singing, etc.) to mislead (men) from the Path of Allah without knowledge, and takes it (the Path of Allah, the Verses of the Qur'aan) by way of mockery. For such there will be a humiliating torment (in the Hell-fire)." - Qur'an.
-Surah Luqman.

Umm Abed
03-04-2016, 09:51 AM
-Surah Luqman.
"The Day of Resurrection draws near, None besides Allah can avert it, (or advance it, or delay it). Do you then wonder at this recital (the Qur'an)? And you laugh at it and weep not, Wasting your (precious) lifetime in pastime and amusements (singing, etc.). So fall you down in prostration to Allah, and worship Him (Alone)" - Qur'an.

Asiyah3
03-04-2016, 04:44 PM

Sister, didn't our Prophet SAAS instruct us to invite people to believe in one God first, then to tell them that Allah has commanded them to pray and then...?

There are priorities. Music is a small matter in light of other things like Aqeedah. Besides there is a debate among scholars in this matter. So let us not argue over issues that should be addressed by people with scholarly knowledge.

The-Deist
03-05-2016, 10:29 PM
I wonder if there's a chance for me to see heaven. I used to believe that I will go to hell when I was younger. Now it might be becoming true. I have no promises. Hope the Lord treats me with mercy.

crookedrib
03-05-2016, 11:06 PM
I wonder if there's a chance for me to see heaven. I used to believe that I will go to hell when I was younger. Now it might be becoming true. I have no promises. Hope the Lord treats me with mercy.
You can keep wondering but for an apostate to see paradise, that's never gonna happen. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Turn back while you can.

The-Deist
03-05-2016, 11:08 PM
You can keep wondering but for an apostate to see paradise, that's never gonna happen. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Yeah. Maybe what ever I had said during younger made me really at some point believe I am going to hell and then I left Islam.

crookedrib
03-05-2016, 11:18 PM
Yeah. Maybe what ever I had said during younger made me really at some point believe I am going to hell and then I left Islam.
Why did you think you would go to hell? Who taught you about hell/heaven?

The-Deist
03-05-2016, 11:22 PM
Why did you think you would go to hell? Who taught you about hell/heaven?
I don't remember. I just did it the first time I was six or something. I don't remember who told me about it. And I just thought I was going to hell. That's it.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 07:18 AM
BTW does praying like a Muslim with a Muslim help? I have done done it a few times because my Dad asks me to.

eesa the kiwi
03-06-2016, 08:07 AM
BTW does praying like a Muslim with a Muslim help? I have done done it a few times because my Dad asks me to.
Praying in congregation makes a huge difference
Big iman boost compared to praying alone

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 08:08 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by eesa the kiwi
Praying in congregation makes a huge difference
Big iman boost compared to praying alone
But I am still non Muslim so?

I didn't feel anything. I probably didn't even say anything.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 09:19 AM
^Nobodys gonna answer my question?

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 09:44 AM
^Nobodys gonna answer my question?
You can still be muslim, just have that faith.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 09:50 AM
You can still be muslim, just have that faith.
Prayer is like the main thing.

Anyways I still don't believe in any religion fully.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 09:56 AM
Prayer is like the main thing.

Anyways I still don't believe in any religion fully.
Yea but you can still pray. It will open up your path of searching.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 09:57 AM
Yea but you can still pray. It will open up your path of searching.
Pray how?

I supplicate.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 09:58 AM
Pray how?

I supplicate.
Reading salah. Are you still doing that?

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:07 AM
Reading salah. Are you still doing that?
No, only if my Dad asks me to do it with him.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:12 AM
No, only if my Dad asks me to do it with him.
Well I hope you do eventually read your salah with faith.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:15 AM
Well I hope you do eventually read your salah with faith.
I don't feel anything during salah.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:18 AM
I don't feel anything during salah.
You dont have to feel anything to perform it, like in your case, gradually, the seeds of imaan will grow again.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:22 AM
You dont have to feel anything to perform it, like in your case, gradually, the seeds of imaan will grow again.
I didn't feel at other points either. And as I said I don't probably believe in half of what is said during the salah.

BTW why did Muhammed marry Aisha so young?

Also why and how was the niqab invented.

What are secular benefits of marrying.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 10:32 AM
I didn't feel at other points either. And as I said I don't probably believe in half of what is said during the salah.

For eg, even if I dont feel anything, salah is still fard on me, I have to perform it, there's no exception.

The blessed marriage of Hadhrat Aisha R.A and Rasul:saws:was made by Allah Himself. He knew in His wisdom what we do not know.

This marriage was to elevate the status of women worldwide. The hadith that Hadhrat Aisha R.A. narrated is countless, because she stayed with Rasul:saws:, only she relate it like no other. She had that high maturity which complemented her excellency. She became the Mother of the Believers on account of marrying Rasul:saws:and became among the most fortunate because of that.

The original niqab is the drawing of the veil, as in the Qur'an it is mentioned that women should cover themselves fully, it is only later that the niqab of nowadays was invented, I dont know when though.

Benefits of marrying is quite obvious. A person easily falls into sin of zina by not marrying.

anatolian
03-06-2016, 10:36 AM

Salam my friend. You have questions and you think you dont have faith because of those unanswered question in your mind but trust me it is not case. Even if you are answered with all of those questions you will not believe if you dont want. Just go on to pray and we will see what will change with you.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:40 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anatolian
Salam my friend. You have questions and you think you dont have faith because of those unanswered question in your mind but trust me it is not case. Even if you are answered with all of those questions you will not believe if you dont want. Just go on to pray and we will see what will change with you.
So what happens if I pray?

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
For eg, even if I dont feel anything, salah is still fard on me, I have to perform it, there's no exception.

The blessed marriage of Hadhrat Aisha R.A and Rasul:saws:was made by Allah Himself. He knew in His wisdom what we do not know.

This marriage was to elevate the status of women worldwide. The hadith that Hadhrat Aisha R.A. narrated is countless, because she stayed with Rasul:saws:, only she relate it like no other. She had that high maturity which complemented her excellency. She became the Mother of the Believers on account of marrying Rasul:saws:and became among the most fortunate because of that.

The original niqab is the drawing of the veil, as in the Qur'an it is mentioned that women should cover themselves fully, it is only later that the niqab of nowadays was invented, I dont know when though.

Benefits of marrying is quite obvious. A person easily falls into sin of zina by not marrying.
Well I asked for secular benefits of marrying. Also there's people who don't feel the need or see it as pointless. What if you can't find a spouse?

anatolian
03-06-2016, 10:42 AM
Salam. Where is it mentioned in Quran?

anatolian
03-06-2016, 10:46 AM
So what happens if I pray?
At least You show Allah your humbleness. I believe Allah is Merciful so I believe something will happen which will come from Allah. :)

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 10:57 AM
At least You show Allah your humbleness. I believe Allah is Merciful so I believe something will happen which will come from Allah. :)
I just supplicate. I think that is the best way.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 12:07 PM
I think arranged marriage should be banned.

How do people marry Niqabis, the thing is they are covered from head to toe and even their voice is probably muzzled.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 12:18 PM
Salam. Where is it mentioned in Quran?
Wassalam.

Authentic hadith substantiates that the sahabiyah covered their faces in accordance with the morals of high modesty. This is the ayah ,

"O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments close around them. That will be better, that they may be known and so not be bothered. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most merciful".

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 12:21 PM
Well I asked for secular benefits of marrying. Also there's people who don't feel the need or see it as pointless. What if you can't find a spouse?
Benefits of marrying: they is your partner for life knowing that they are halal for you.

On the other hand, you dont have to get married if you'r not upto it.

anatolian
03-06-2016, 12:24 PM
Wassalam.

Authentic hadith substantiates that the sahabiyah covered their faces in accordance with the morals of high modesty. This is the ayah ,

"O Prophet, tell your wives and your daughters and the women of the believers to draw their outer garments close around them. That will be better, that they may be known and so not be bothered. And Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most merciful".
Aleykum Salam. Yes I know this ayah but it says "their outer garments" it doesnt say fully cover.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 12:28 PM
Aleykum Salam. Yes I know this ayah but it says "their outer garments" it doesnt say fully cover.
I am with the tafsir (explanation) made by majority of authentic scholars that is how they explained it to us that includes the face, alhamdulillah. And then there are narrations of how sahabiyah completely covered themselves ..

anatolian
03-06-2016, 12:29 PM
I think arranged marriage should be banned.

How do people marry Niqabis, the thing is they are covered from head to toe and even their voice is probably muzzled.
The core of the society is the family. With the arranged marriage you establish your family and by this way a healthy society. Otherwise nobody would know who is whose wife adn who is whose child. Brothers and sisters even may have relationship without knowing it and they probably have unhealthy children.

anatolian
03-06-2016, 12:32 PM
I am with the tafsir (explanation) made by majority of authentic scholars that is how they explained it to us that includes the face, alhamdulillah. And then there are narrations of how sahabiyah completely covered themselves ..
OK my sister. I respect your view. This is going to be another topic. I may create it later.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 12:33 PM
OK my sister. I respect your view. This is going to be another topic. I may create it later.
You'r welcome,

Jzk

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 03:53 PM
Benefits of marrying: they is your partner for life knowing that they are halal for you.

On the other hand, you dont have to get married if you'r not upto it.
Well halal is not a very secular thing. And Zina doesn't exist because there's no rules.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 03:59 PM
Well halal is not a very secular thing. And Zina doesn't exist because there's no rules.
If a person lives without rules that would be animalistic, 'do what you want, whatever you want, however you want..' - that kind of attitude.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 04:02 PM
If a person lives without rules that would be animalistic, 'do what you want, whatever you want, however you want..' - that kind of attitude.
It depends on what you want.

I don't see a single reason for a secular person to get married.

It's nothing but a waste really.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:03 PM
It depends on what you want.

I don't see a single reason for a secular person to get married.

It's nothing but a waste really.
So what happens if the secular person wants to marry?

You might feel it as a waste because you'r not inclined.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 04:06 PM
So what happens if the secular person wants to marry?

You might feel it as a waste because you'r not inclined.
Yeah might be that too. There's people similar to me @Kiro .

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:07 PM
Yeah might be that too. There's people similar to me @Kiro.
I agree yh, there are many people like that. They'r fine living single lives. Maybe later in life they change..

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 04:09 PM
I agree yh, there are many people like that. They'r fine living single lives. Maybe later in life they change..
I am more than fine with it.

I would only marry if the girl takes care of herself.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:12 PM
I am more than fine with it.

I would only marry if the girl takes care of herself.
Cool. You like to be independent :)

But you must remember that a girl will expect more than that..

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 04:18 PM
Cool. You like to be independent :)

But you must remember that a girl will expect more than that..
I don't know about indepency?

But I am the type of person that is like if love comes ok but I will not make any effort to get married.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:20 PM
I don't know about indepency?

But I am the type of person that is like if love comes ok but I will not make any effort to get married.
I meant emotional independence, like where you dont care too much..

Most girls eventually want a stable life and relationship.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 04:24 PM
I meant emotional independence, like where you dont care too much..

Most girls eventually want a stable life and relationship.
Maybe I will find someone like me someday.

We'll probably live in different houses lol.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 04:26 PM
Maybe I will find someone like me someday.

We'll probably live in different houses lol.
Yh probably, that will make a good match then.:D

Insaanah
03-06-2016, 05:51 PM
I deleted three off topic posts That is all that was needed. Please answer the question though. Do you believe in Allah, without associate in divinity and all the prophets and messengers he sent. If the messengers are still a problem, then we need to get those core issues right.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 05:58 PM
I deleted three off topic posts That is all that was needed. Please answer the question though. Do you believe in Allah, without associate in divinity and all the prophets and messengers he sent. If the messengers are still a problem, then we need to get those core issues right.
I believe in God but not Prophets and alot of the Quran.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 06:10 PM
I believe in God but not Prophets and alot of the Quran.
It is only common sense that Allah sent prophets to different nations. How else are they to get the message of truth?

And it is only common sense that tells us that the Qur'an is pure revelation brought down to Rasul:saws: to convey the message of Islam.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 07:11 PM
It is only common sense that Allah sent prophets to different nations. How else are they to get the message of truth?

And it is only common sense that tells us that the Qur'an is pure revelation brought down to Rasul:saws: to convey the message of Islam.
I guess I don't have a common sense then.

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 07:13 PM
I guess I don't have a common sense then.
Thats the reason why you need to follow people of knowledge.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Thats the reason why you need to follow people of knowledge.
Such as?

Umm Abed
03-06-2016, 07:26 PM
Such as?
Ulama. Any one who knows about the deen.

The-Deist
03-06-2016, 07:27 PM
Ulama. Any one who knows about the deen.
Names?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.