/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Umarfaruk Sadik looks like Zayn Malik

strivingobserver98
02-27-2016, 07:00 PM
:sl:

The internet :hmm: *sighs*.

Read This Before You Share a Viral Meme

Umarfaruk Sadik, a student of Islamic knowledge and a teacher of Qur’an at his local mosque in Bolton, England, was surprised to see his photo going viral on Twitter when someone posted it saying he looks like the musician Zayn Malik.

IlmFeed got in touch with Umar and asked him how he felt about the attention.

He said:

“At first I also thought it was funny and I shrugged It off”

But he says people started to mock and insult him:

“…but it escalated and turned into a form of mocking and insults, and people assuming I was a fake.”

People were also making inappropriate comments on his photos:

Umarfaruk says he finds some of the comments quite insulting and hurtful:

Right now I can’t really tell how I feel as I thought it’d be nothing and laughed with the people but now it’s quite insulting and hurtful

The internet can be a pretty nasty place and whilst photos of unsuspecting people are used for humour, we must remember that there are real people behind those photos who have feelings. As Muslims, we are guided by the teachings of the Qur’an and the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him). Whilst joking and humour is permissible, it should not be done at the expense of hurting the feelings of others. It is clear that ridiculing and insulting others is not permissible and is sinful.

Source: http://ilmfeed.com/read-this-before-...-a-viral-meme/

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lonewolf007
02-27-2016, 09:17 PM
He actually does look like him quite a bit but I agree with what the brother said about the Internet social media stuff and how it can get pretty nasty and quick.

may Allah protect us from harm and forgive our sins Ameen

BilalKid
02-28-2016, 03:29 AM
ameen!! imsad

strivingobserver98
04-22-2016, 03:34 PM
Latest update on the brother:

Assalamu Alaykum. I pray that you are all in the best of health and īmaan.

For the past few weeks I have been undergoing a difficult period in my life with regards to my health and as many of you may or may not have heard, by the will of Allah, I have been diagnosed with cancer.

I post this message simply for one reason, I request that you all keep me in your pious duas and pray that Allah grants me a swift and full recovery and makes this illness a means of expiation for my sins.

UmarFaruk Sadik.
Make sincere dua for the brother.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ramen-thelegend
04-22-2016, 03:52 PM
we should definetly pray for him in the dua thread on the 29th inshaallah.

for now i really dont know how to make dua but i'll try: may ALLAH give him a long and happy life! insha ALLAh.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.