/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question?

hisnameiszzz
02-28-2016, 07:37 PM
Salaams all,

At the Jummah sermon this week, the Imam saheb said "If it was not for Allah giving you energy, you would not be able to do a thing". He used Jummah prayers as an example. He said "The fact you are here for Jummah prayers if not because you came, it's because Allah gave you energy to come here and pray".

I fully understand what he was trying to say. But couldn't that concept be used the other way round? Say for example, I didn't go to Jummah prayers, couldn't I just say Allah didn't give me energy to do so. Or what about this, if I went to a night club, couldn't I say "Allah gave me energy to do so and that's why I am here, otherwise I wouldn't". The night club thing is just an example, I've never been to one!

I was discussing it with a friend on WhatsApp and he brought the above example which stumped me. Surely that's not right is it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
M.I.A.
02-28-2016, 08:28 PM
If you get ready to go on a night out, it is very unlikely that a change of plans happens..

Unless those that you are going with change there plans.

Similarly if you get ready to go pray jumma.. It is just as unlikely that your plans will change.

Prep time.

Make effort inshallah.

..our imam usually just makes fun of our ignorance and imperfections in our prayer/knowledge...

And then asks for donations.

Just as well really, I can't dance for toffee.

ardianto
02-28-2016, 09:49 PM
Allah give us energy, and also give us ability to decide. So we can decide to use this energy, or not to use this energy, ... and ... will we use this energy to do something good, or will we use this energy to do something bad.

Abz2000
02-28-2016, 10:18 PM
God knows how you'd explain the existence of Qadr to your friend.
Coming to terms with Qadr should make it easier to explain since that's observable, obviously true to all with eyes and ears, yet not fully explainable even by the most seasoned of professors.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ardianto
02-28-2016, 10:45 PM
I agree with the Imam when he said "If it was not for Allah giving you energy, you would not be able to do a thing". Yes,if Allah didn't give you energy to go to masjid, you would not able to come to masjid. But I disagree with "The fact you are here for Jummah prayers if not because you came, it's because Allah gave you energy to come here and pray". If you came to masjid, that's because you decide to go to masjid. If Allah gave you energy to go to masjid but you decided to not go, then you would not come to masjid.

That's why we are responsible for every decision that we take.

azc
02-29-2016, 03:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
Allah give us energy, and also give us ability to decide. So we can decide to use this energy, or not to use this energy, ... and ... will we use this energy to do something good, or will we use this energy to do something bad.
agree; and intention is also important factor

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.